[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else /raisedwrong/ here? i can hardly function socially,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1495047714816.jpg (430KB, 621x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495047714816.jpg
430KB, 621x768px
who else /raisedwrong/ here?

i can hardly function socially, im awkward as shit, i have no work ethic at all, i was hardly ever disciplened, etc.
>>
>>37095587
they didnt mean to, but yeah, my parents fucked me up
>>
>>37095587
Ok but that doesn't mean you should sit around and blame ur upbringing for your problems. All that stuff can be taught by you intrinsically.
>>
>>37095657
Not OP but would you say to someone who got abused as a child not to "sit around and blame ur upbringing for your problems"?

No shit things like work ethic and self-respect can easily be seen as beneficial when you're an adult, but lifestyle is in large part up to habit. If as a child, you were never - forcibly or otherwise - put into good habits and good frames of thought, it'll be near-impossible to set yourself straight once you're on your own and your mind is fully developed.

It's like telling a computer to change out its own hardware. The best you can do is put in some optimizing software and hope for the best. And even that isn't remotely easy.

You have to become almost a completely different person before you can even begin to live an enjoyable life.
>>
>>37095587
"raised wrong"

That's just an excuse you use to justify your laziness. Get off your ass and stop blaming others.
>>
>>37095751
>near impossible

With that attitude.
>>
My parents overly disciplined me, now I can't do anything without worrying that I'm making a mistake or that somebody will take my actions/words the wrong way. Now I'm 27,work from home for way below min wage, and have no opportunity for advancement except suicide.
>>
>>37095812
And why does he have that attitude?
>>
>>37095857
Who cares why? Nothing is stopping him from getting off the couch and exercising, learning something, or being productive.
>>
>>37095934
How about crippling self-loathing depression every time I try to do anything productive? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>37095934
>Nothing is stopping him from getting off the couch and exercising, learning something, or being productive.

not OP

in all likelihood i will remain mediocre forever. i'll never be an accomplished athlete or a martial artist worth his salt in a street fight. my knowledge will be limited to pop science, writings my atrophying brain won't be able to process and share in coherent form. my art will be reproductive, unambitious. and everything i do will be eaten away by my pathetic addictions. i'm too slow, too nervous to socialize. and i'll always haunted by my past, all the fucked up shit i did. those are my happy childhood memories. those are the best years of my life, jerking off inside playing videogames. those are the stuff of good dreams. reasonably speaking, i'm nothing but a shitty, defective human.
>>
>>37095751
Humans aren't computers, what separates UA is we have the power to change our brain chemistry. Its quite amazing actually.

There are lots of people who talk about changing the connections in your brain to become a better person.
>>
>>37096619
Indeed, it's called neuroplasticity, what amounts to the brains logic processes can be rewired with effort. As you get older, the brain becomes less plastic, which is why it is recommended for you to pick up a skill such as a language at a young age.
>>
>>37096712
>Indeed, it's called neuroplasticity, what amounts to the brains logic processes can be rewired with effort. As you get older, the brain becomes less plastic
>As you get older, the brain becomes less plastic
Seems to me that you're agreeing with >>37095751 that after a certain point, it becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible, to force things into your mind that you should have been eased into a long time ago.
>>
File: 1493846411104.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493846411104.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>37095587
>grew up in one of the worst and most violent places in the UK due to mudslimes taking over.
>was very badly bullied by them and was mugged a lot.
>told my parents I was going to kill myself when I was 9 because I was so scared and sad all the time.
>they took me out of school for half a year and gave me a 1000 pound gaming PC with the internet in my room.
>became an internet degenerate almost instantly and never wanted to look away from my computer screen again.
>>
>>37095587
I'm the same but you see, I bullshit my way through it. I give just enough to be ok without being labeled a full on social failure
>>
File: 1491512853059.jpg (19KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1491512853059.jpg
19KB, 344x341px
>>37096983
Sounds like that was a better option than getting killed or violently attacked.
>>
>>37096983

and now your a fucking weeb way2go dude.
>>
>having parents

Ha! I was a self-raised degenerate. My parents were too pussy to raise me right so they fucking killed themselves when I was 6. Every bad habit and social insecurity is from my own volition
>>
>>37095587
>parents never let me have door to room open
>fear of drugs or masturbating
>used to have to keep the bathroom door open when showering too
>stopped when I turned 20

I can now share deep secrets with anyone from this
>>
File: 1491542793919.jpg (12KB, 253x180px) Image search: [Google]
1491542793919.jpg
12KB, 253x180px
>>37097040
I am pleased it happened actually, I can't imagine where I would be without them doing that.
>>
>>37096983
I was in a similar situation. The only difference is that you've got a nice computer. I can't run most games.
>>
I get anxiety so bad that i can't finish my final essay, the only thing between me and a diploma, because my mother used to scream at me while "helping " me with homework.
>>
>>37095587
In my case, I think it's more that I wasn't really "raised" at all. My parents were just sort of there.
>>
>>37095587
I was for most of my childhood. Grandma raised me until my mom moved me out of state and made me do modelling shirt for a sketchy company. I didn't get to go back to a normal life until I was 14 so that probably fucked me up. I have some anxiety/paranoia issues now but I've had girlfriends and all that jazz.
>>
File: 1494528255797.gif (831KB, 267x495px) Image search: [Google]
1494528255797.gif
831KB, 267x495px
>>37097156
Well that happened in 2002 and I got a bunch of games from my uncle like system shock 2, deus ex,the longest journey, half life & expansions and they seemed to run pretty good.

I was so happy and felt so safe for the first time, that's why those are still my favorite games.
>>
File: 0202.jpg (22KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
0202.jpg
22KB, 600x553px
>>37096574
I know that feel, anon. Let's try to improve anyway. Baby steps.

If we're going to suffer anyway, we might as well choose to suffer in the most beneficial ways we can.
>>
>try not to blame my parents for everything
>Was raised by alcoholic fundamentalist Christians
>Dad is also a has-been psuedo-intellectual whose claim to fame was writing a novel 30ish years ago
>Every day I'd come home and they'd ask me what I learned, so that they could basically "unteach" me everything
>Whenever I "sinned" I would be separated from my siblings and forced to read the Bible in the basement for days on end. (Was allowed to eat and sleep as usual, but every other waking hour was spent reading the word of God.)
>I basically had to learn about the world on my own.
>My parents never taught me how to succeed in life, but how to accept failure.
>>
>>37098074
I would have killed my parents for trying to force that that on me. They knew it too which is why they didn't event try. You just have to assert yourself anon and make it known you aren't taking that shit. Tell them you're an Atheist and if they make you read that shit that is bible you'll slit their throats in their sleep with a razor. Worked for me.
>>
>>37098074
Are you a christian now?
>>
>>37098210
Oh. Well, I took the easier route. I just grew up.

>>37098291
Absolutely not. I'm a Unitarian Universalist. I think people should be led to their own conclusions regarding religious beliefs. If someone wants to believe the Romans killed a magical Jew that saved the world by commiting Sudoku, that's up to them. But if they think they have a right to force others to believe it too, they should be lynched.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.