[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here unironically accumulated more than 20k in student loans?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
Who here unironically accumulated more than 20k in student loans? At 50k here.
Please just kill me.
>>
>>37092269
Why would you do that to yourself? I know late teen early twenty somethings aren't smart, but seriously.
>>
>>37092301
Failed a couple semesters of uni and just kept pushing. I'm about to get my degree but dam I'm fucked.
>>
>>37092269
I have an associate's and I know only two or so years will cost far too much in debt.
>>
>>37092269
I was too autistic for college
>military school
>GED
>job at pc repair shop / dial up is
>no friends
>no f2f
>got laid with a gross fatty at 20, pushing 21
>married divorced h.s. flame with a kid at 23
>divorced at 30, 2 kids now
>mortgage
>little cc debt but under 1k
>works in IT still
>fortune whatever corp corp
>muh 15 years experience
>no degree
F
feelsneutralmang.jpeg
>>
>>37092269
I did, but I did it ironically
>>
120k here
kill me
>>
>>37092269
I graduated with 31k student loans from one of the most expensive universities in the US ($52k per year) simply because it was the easiest to get to with public transportation and I didn't have a car

Scholarship and financial aid paid the rest
>>
40k britpounds here (52k usd), or at least it will be by the time i finish. Just about to finish first year of master's degree, got another one to go after that.

planning to move abroad and leave no paper trail, hopefully i can get away with it long enough to not pay it back, or at least not pay most of it.
>>
>>37092269
I can't remember how much i owed, but it was something like 22k in Canuck bucks.

I'll have it paid off by the end of the year though
>>
>>37092269
Why post sad mango when he just won royal flush?
>>
File: 1468724008556.png (949KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468724008556.png
949KB, 1280x960px
>>37092269
I have 10k from my first 2 years, I won't have any more for the rest of my time at uni though since this year and the next 2 years (I changed majors so I'll be here 5 years total) I found out there's a program at my uni where you can get a loan directly through the uni that automatically pays for your classes and can be payed back basically whenever (they adjust your payment plan however you ask) you just don't get the credits/graduation til it's all paid back, and I've been working summer then part time during the year to pay it back and managing just fine
>>
>tfw literally getting paid to go to college
Why didn't you just undershoot the schools you apply and go to? I applied to schools which I was way overqualified for, got tons of merit-based aid, then continued academic success (because everyone else is a brainlet there) landed me even more scholarships.
>>
Have any of you guys considered a trade school? It's usually cheaper and better chance against employment if you're not a total fuck up
>>
I have some from undergrad, though my parents are paying for it/handling it, so I don't know how much...lost my law school scholarship though, so i'm about to go in to 100k of debt.
>>
>>37092858
I knew a guy who moved to the US from Britain, and claimed to not be working.

Never paid a dime back on his loan, and raked in the Ameribucks.
>>
>>37092269
Currently @ 30k. I'm not even halfway done too.

I failed and withdraw from as many classes as I passed. I've withdrawn from some courses 3 times now. None of it is hard for me, but I really can't bring myself to go most days. No choice but to keep attending or else my family will find out.
>>
>>37093648
>None of it is hard for me, but I really can't bring myself to go most days
Honestly anon I recommend forcing yourself to go and talk to people, I was a typical robot and completely lonelyfag then last semester I started forcing myself to go and interact with my classmates and for the first time I started enjoying it and I'll be checking out some uni clubs with some friends I made next semester it's refreshing to actually enjoy school
>>
>>37093077
Exactly, this fucker just slept on the kid
>>
>>37092269
I can't say i know that feeling. I acquired 40k in loans, but I did it ironically.
Faggot.
>>
Even my 13 year old brother preaches to me about how retarded getting a mortgage or getting in debt is.

Should've looked for an alternative route of education instead of getting in debt with no means to pay off said debt.
>>
$130k in loans by the time i finish my masters.

whatever, they're all federal. PAYE.
>>
LOAN FORGIVENESS? Is that an option for you all
>>
So do you guys just have bad grades and superfluous fields of study or what?
>>
File: 1456320308645.jpg (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1456320308645.jpg
5KB, 205x246px
>120k in student loans
>work for free as assistant at museum (my field) and deliver pizzas at night
>>
>>37095455
$30k bachelors (useless math degree)
$40k on a semester of med school (dropped out)
$60k on a 2 year masters degree (accounting)
>>
>>37092858
Brit in US here. Our """loans""" are nothing like the total fucking mess they have here. I know people paying $800 per month to meet the minimum while I'm paying far less. Ours get written off too.
>>
>>37095470

So did you apply for any scholarships or grants? I'm sure your state has a tuition assistance program. Were you paying out-of-state tuition for your bachelor's degree?
>>
>>37092269
I don't really see the problem. Being 50k in debt isn't even bad depending on the time you've got to pay it back. And assuming you actually got a useful degree that will net you a job.
>>
I have no clue on the exact figure but it has to be at least over 40k
>>
>>37095523
middle class parents + shitty state school in pennsylvania + non-athletic = jack shit in scholarships despite graduating with a 3.8 gpa
>>
>>37093648
Yep same here. College more specifically comp sci was a shitty idea. My friends makes 72k a year in the navy doing jack shit.
>>
>>37092269
I will have around 50k in student loans after doing accounting cert to atone for my worthless bachelors degree. I'm hoping actually being qualified for a decent job will make up for it. It could be worse I guess.
>>
File: mango quote.jpg (160KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
mango quote.jpg
160KB, 800x499px
>>37092269
>that pic
Nothing a robot feels can measure up to the feeling of letting down thousands of fans.
But it's alright. We who don't sleep on The Kid are rewarded during times like Royal Flush. Keeps me going.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.