[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many normies in my STEM classes? Why does the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1484853700669s.jpg (5KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1484853700669s.jpg
5KB, 250x249px
Why are there so many normies in my STEM classes? Why does the teacher pass them despite never showing up and not understanding the work?
>>
All normies want is money and a title that sounds good
That is what happened
>>
Universities (in my country at least) are just degree mills. There's normie students that spend their whole time partying and having sex, and rich Asian students that pay full price admission. And then there's actual students.

My country is lucky enough not to have college football, which is another impediment some face. Glad not to have a class full of niggers that get a free ride because they can play hand egg.

The normies don't study and don't show up to classes. So they make the assessment progressively easier. The Asians usually just pay someone else to do the work, or cheat. And the lecturers don't care because they're swamped with hundreds of other students and their own work and research and they don't get paid enough to care. And even if they did, in today's climate it's very unwise to say anything negative, especially on places like normiebook. Because that shit will get you fired.

Universities exist to make money. Not provide education.
>>
>>37087946
>half class caught cheating on homework
>didn't get grade for that one assignment
>graduate students cheating on midterm
>report to "ethics" department
>all they do is ask the professor who wasn't even there
>get called in because I say if I see those shits again I'll hit em
>I'm the danger to society
>director says he'll send out email about the seriousness of (((academic integrity))), literally shows me the email
>it doesn't get sent out for two weeks
>LITERALLY all everyone, FUCKING EVERYONE says is "well why does it matter to you"
>>
>>37087946
>It's very unwise to say anything negative.

This. Autism makes it easy to make that mistake though
>>
>>37088031
>get called in because I say if I see those shits again I'll hit em
>I'm the danger to society

I got done because I waited 7 weeks for The 4 Stacey's and 1 Chad in my group assignment to do ANYTHING. Then told them on normiebook I was going to do it myself. They said I couldn't do that because it was a group assignment. I said it was due in six days and they could all suck my dick because they'd done nothing.

They then went to the lecturer with screenshots, I got in trouble for a breach of the student code of conduct for sexual harrassment and threats. Had to complete the assessment myself with 4 days left.

Normie group members got an extra week to complete the work because they were triggered by my comments. They did not start working until the day I got the email and was removed from the group, 4 days before the due date.

That was my last straw with normiebook. I'll never have an account on that piece of shit again. And I'm very careful who I say anything negative to.

You just gotta be out there for yourself Anon. You can't rely on anyone else to not be a fuckwit.
>>
>>37087935
good point anon

also makes sense since they dont aspire for anything
>>
>>37087513
The media pushes it because (((they))) want to lower STEM wages by flooding the market
>>
STEM was touted as the way to go for success.
It is very funny that this flooded those fields with idiots.
People always make the mistake of believing anyone can be trained to greatness.
>>
>>37087513
It's a scheme to empty out the arts so trustfund kids have more room for success
>>
>normies are claiming that STEM fields are what you need to go into
>teachers, admins, etc, are pushing the FUCK out of STEM
>don't realize you can build a massive Construction company if you take a few business classes and go to the right area
>normies don't realize the real money maker
>Normies don't realize the average age of a construction worker is 40, and a company full of young men to work would easily attract the older, more experienced workers to teach them for jack shit

are normies literally retarded? Construction and business is the way to go, like I said the average age is 40 for a construction worker. They make damn good money too, a private contractor can make 30-40$ an hour if they get with the right people.
>>
>>37089420
What about the illegals anon? I live in CA
>>
>>37089493
Most illegals don't do construction work, I lived in Southern California and visited my dad's job sights, all the mexicans there were legal. Construction injuries are too dangerous for an illegal to get.
>>
File: 1494744741014.jpg (62KB, 714x650px) Image search: [Google]
1494744741014.jpg
62KB, 714x650px
>>37089493
I don't think they work
>>
File: 1494811929630.jpg (86KB, 480x569px) Image search: [Google]
1494811929630.jpg
86KB, 480x569px
>>37087513
STEM is the new doctor/lawyer/engineer
>>
>>37089858
>tfw same degree as so called science man
>>
File: wcpayqrcf1azquctijdb.jpg (17KB, 460x340px) Image search: [Google]
wcpayqrcf1azquctijdb.jpg
17KB, 460x340px
>>37089921
>you're probably also more of a real engineer than the science man
>>
>>37087513
>Falling for the stem meme circa 2017
>>
Name a single TV show right now that doesn't have a STEM character

There you go OP
>>
Because the pass rates reflect on the institution. If they can pass someone, they will.

I've been given free passes before, for dumb subjects I couldn't be fucked putting effort into. The coordinators know it's better to let these things slide, especially for new undergraduates.
>>
>>37088289
I'm sorry but you deserved it anon. You had the perfect opportunity to screw them over. And you went and fucked it up and then blamed facebook for the idiotic mistake YOU made. Jesus I will never understand some people.
>>
>>37088289
Why are group projects forced?
>>
>>37089858
looks like offspring man just got phd two days ago https://www.punknews.org/article/63834/dexter-holland-earns-his-phd
>>
>>37087513
College is about connections, not knowledge. You're the one who's failing here.
>>
>>37091479
They're representative of real jobs. Smart person does everything, idiots take credit. Smart person leaves, idiots scatter and find a new slave.
>>
>>37088289
It's almost like learning not to say stupid shit on the record is a more valuable lesson than anything you could have learned from the project.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.