[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>such a fucking autist that at 25 years old, I'm nervous

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

>such a fucking autist that at 25 years old, I'm nervous as fuck about a driving lesson tomorrow (yes, 25 and no license) when staceys who are 16 and even drunk people can drive
>>
tfw too autistic even for r9k

tfw even robots can drive
>>
>>37076473
>24
>no license; couldn't afford car or insurance even if I had one
>get made fun of by virtually everyone I know for not being able to drive
>>
Don't use others as an excuse to not put in your best effort. What matters is learning to drive.
>>
could be worse, you could be me

passed at 33
>>
I have no interest in driving.
>>
>>37076880
just do what i do if anyone finds out

say that the reason you dont drive is because when you were 13, you were in a car accident with your cousin who you were really close to (who was driving) and you watched him die in front of your face and it terrified you so mcuh that you couldnt learn
>>
>>37076473
it's ok anon. I didn't get my licence until I was 24, are you going for your automatic licence?
>>
>>37076961
yeah the car will just be an automatic. i mean our licenses arent automatic or manual only
>>
>>37076473
you can do it I believe in you anon I was 29 when I got my license
>>
honestly i do sympathize a bit, i probably could have been /neverdrive/, wasn't even trying to license when i was 17. but my grandma died and my sisters werent 16 yet so i had to get it so i could drive them around. it's harder than people will make the process out to be, but just let it be a process. don't push the learning too fast or think you always be stuck where you are
>>
>>37077082
you'll be ok anon, just make sure you're comfortable with your instructor, that will make all the difference.
>>
>>37076473

I got my license at your age after failing multiple times anon. You got this.
>>
Mines on the 29th, I am 22. I think I'm ready.
>>
I'll be getting my license next month at 21. if you're over 18 and still don't drive everyone thinks you're a loser
>>
>>37076473
I took my driving test when I was 25 too anon.

Granted, I was driving a tractor-trailer and was getting my CDL, but...
>>
>>37077758
so? you're surrounded by "losers" anon
>>
>>37076473
I cried at my driving lessons

Still no license
>>
Meh I passed at 25. Just follow the rules and you will be fine.
>>
Got mine at age 17. Senior in HS right now, probably a good 1/4 of my classmates don't have theirs yet.
>>
>>37077878
that only works for girls anon
>>
File: explodingbkub.gif (151KB, 278x225px) Image search: [Google]
explodingbkub.gif
151KB, 278x225px
>20 and no license
>will likely never get one
>live in rural area so have to walk miles just to do basic shit
>>
>>37076473
What method of transmission are you going to be using?
>>
>TFW 23
>Got my license when I was 22

You anons can do it.
>>
>>37078644
Sorry OP, I didn't read the thread.

Just take it easy and follow the instructions. They make Automatics so that Americans can drive them, You'll be fine.
>>
>>37076473
People who "drive" automatic cars aren't driving at all, it's like saying you are a 5 star chief because you can make instant modules.
>>
>>37076473
Literally didn't study at all. Went in a car I never drove before the test. Passed easily. It's common fucking sense. If you fail you're literally retarded and should never get a license because you're too stupid and dangerous to others if you're on the road. Quit being a fucking pussy.
>>
File: 1492837614511.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1492837614511.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
How am I supposed to learn to drive when my parent literally forces me to stop, every chance I get?
>>
>>37078613
>live in rural area
>driving on public roads at 11
>get license first day I'm eligible
I just don't get people like you.
>>
>>37078759
>taking pride in driving a manual.
>>
>>37078795
My parents threatened to kill me if I ever left the the house, I was grounded for the entirety of high school
>>
>>37078777
Bullshit you caught the knack of manual just like that
>>
>>37078777
Why do people like you even come to r9k?
>>
>>37078829
>My parents threatened to kill me if I ever left the the house
why? how old are you now?
>>
>have license but still too anxious to drive
>>
>>37078946
I said 20.

And it was because they were livid that I wasn't making straight As, so it was their mission to make sure I couldn't do ANYTHING. Now even when family offers me they step in and force them to stop.
>>
>>37076473
said it yourself, 16 year olds and drunks drive so you'll be fine
>>
>>37076473
driving is incredibly ez m8, the only thing you really gotta worry about is impatient dickheads, they'll see you're a learner and try to cut you off and usually wont give way to you.
>>
>>37079057

It is when you have a license, but fuck m8 I've had a learner in a big ass pickup truck try to merge into me before and it scared the shit out of me.

So if anyone here is going to learn how to drive do it in a car with maximum viability.
>>
>>37078997
you're a grown man not allowed to leave the house because of your poor grades in highschool?
>>
>>37079132

How shit is your reading comprehension? It was pretty obvious that he meant that he wasn't allowed to do shit when he was younger, not now.
>>
>>37079132
I need permission to leave otherwise I get thrown out.
>>
i got lucky

the lady who did my test didnt even look at the speedometer and looked out the window the whole time

i failed the parallel and got my license

i can parallel now but i got lucky
>>
>>37079147
maybe you should cut your fucking throat your worthless redditfag.
>>
>>37076473
holy shit everyone is nervous the first time they drive goddamn you guys are the biggest drama queens
>>
>>37078800
spotted the autotragic driver
>>
>>37079203
>holy shit
>goddamn
what's it like being a 90's born queer anon?
>>
>>37079218
yeah I drive an auto, it gets me where I need to go with little effort. if someone wants to drive manual thats up to them but I don't see why they'd feel pride over it.
>>
>>37076473
I'm 18 and being pressured to learn how to drive. I'm incredibly anxious in a vehicle, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for learning to drive? How do I stop being so nervous?
>>
>>37079195

If being able to actually read means that I'm from reddit than so be it. Retard.
>>
>>37079203

why you even on this board then you fucking faggot
>>
>>37079271
he's still not allowed to leave the house without permission you dumb fuck.
>>
>>37076473
I didn't get my license till 22 and I'm 25 now. Trust me, in a few years you'll forget about not being able to drive in the past and be comfortable driving normal routes. When I have to drive somewhere new, I extensively research the route on google maps and know ahead of time when to change freeways and stuff and have a gps capable device ready and charged as a backup. Hope this helps
>>
Quick question for American drivers

When you're taking an unprotected left turn on a green light, and there's a whole line of 5 or so cars on the opposite side trying to go straight through the intersection (towards you) do you have to wait for all of them to pass, or can you complete the turn by sneaking through after the first car passes

My test is tomorrow and my Dad told me that they'd dock me points if I waited for all them "like a pansy"
>>
>>37078777
Sounds like you drove in a third world country.
>>
>>37079152
do you work or get neetbux or anything?
>>
>>37079434
I work a mcjob. Trying to enlist to escape this hell soon though.
>>
>>37079467
what does you dad do? do you think you could beat him up?
>>
>>37079483
I had no father growing up.
>>
>>37079598
so you're ruled over by your dumb cunt single mother?
>>
>>37076473
dont worry, lots of girls cant drive
>>
my mom had to give me anxiety pills before I could pass my test. but driving on your own without a cop next to you is easier I think.
>>
>>37079399

Wait, don't try to 'sneak' through anything. Be careful at all times because that sort of shit will get you in a wreck right quick.

How I was taught to do it and how the examiner guy explained it to me, was to pull into the middle of the intersection with your blinker on, then when all the cars are past, make your turn afterwards.

source: dad who was a truck driver and a former police officer who did my driving evaluation.
>>
I've been able to drive since I was 19, but it's still scary every time I do it, and it's becoming more so as my town gets more crowded. It doesn't get any better, OP.
>>
>>37079644
Yeah that's how I thought it was done, but my father said otherwise.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not gonna be taking any more of his advice.
>>
>>37079711

Your dad is an accident waiting to happen anon, and I sure hope you're not in the car when it happens.

Just be cautious and patient and you'll do alright. Also if the evaluater has you do a lane change or two, make SURE you physically toss your head over your shoulder to check the blind spots, even if you can see them clearly without having to do that, or they will deduct points.

They might also ask you a couple questions that weren't on the written part, such as where the best place to take an impact from a wreck is(on the corners of the vehicle, since there is more frame to absorb the hit.)
>>
>>37079711
Generally speaking regarding traffic, the most dangerous maneuver always goes last. Crossing a lane is more dangerous than going straight, so at an intersection you have to wait to turn.
>>
>>37076473
>Got my license
>17 years old then
>Still won't have a car until my late twenties
>Don't drive

At least I won't lose it in the meantime.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.