[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw windows 7 user >no antivirus for years >once

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 302.png (222KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
302.png
222KB, 600x453px
>tfw windows 7 user
>no antivirus for years
>once installed hitmanpro to see if I had any viruses
>nothing outside of adware was found
>uninstall trial
>now everyone and their mother is getting infected with ransomware
>have no way to protect myself
How do I prevent this from happebing?
>>
watch that computerphile video about wanadecrypt and how they registered the domain name and then it stopped working
>>
>>37073785
No longer works, code was adapted.
>>37073747
Google it and make the registry change to disable SMB1
>>
>>37073747
kek is that the ransomware you have?

that's because the ransomware has linked up to your network, anyone connected is now infected with the ransomware
>>
It's easy, just keep your Windows up to date. If you are doing a clean install, just do it offline, then go to:
Control Panel > Turn Windows features > uncheck SMB 1.0 And only then go online and update your Windows.

If you already are infected then there is no way to get your files back. Sorry.
>>
>>37073837
i know i just wanted to feel smart and get replies
>>
Does paying the ransom work.
>>
How do you get infected by this? Shouldn't you be fine if you don't download anything suspicious?
>>
>>37073951
>>37073901
gowryniwoubpoeubwityo
>>
>>37073901
I don't have it, I just want to make sure I don't have it
>>37073951
I always download suspicious shit now that nyaa.se is dead
>>
>>37073939
No, it's a waste of their time. They'll just pocket and run.
>>
>>37073747
>How do I prevent this from happebing?

Don't be an idiot and don't click on anything stupid

Only retards get viruses
>>
>>37073747
Keep windows up to date and use common sense online, maybe install a lightweight antivirus just in case.
>>
>>37074065
Wouldnt people be willing to pay if they knew they could get their files back.
>>
IF I GET VIRUSE'D I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF
>>
>>37074072
>>37074072
You Dont need to download anything to get That. Get your Windows up to date because Microsoft already patched it
>>
>>37073747
Back up all your stuff on external dackup drive. So even if your PC gets hit who cares, just reformat the thing.

Make sure you have latest windows update installed.

Have malwarebytes and just do a check occasionally.

Have an anti virus you trust. If you don't know any, avg, and avast are decent. Although avast default settings are hefty, so you'll want to adjust the settings so it isn't slowing anything down.
>>
This is what you get for not using DeepFreeze.
>>
>>37074138
Just backup your stuff on an external drive. Simple.
>>
>>37074124
They'll tell you they'll get your stuff back if you pay them, but in reality they won't.
>>
>>37074647

I work in IT and had a client pay the ransom on a different ransomware, and they did give him a program to decrypt it. If they didn't, nobody would ever pay. The whole reason the client paid was because other people noted they got their files back when they paid.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.