[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw brainlet phd student >have been working since 8 am

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1493496530758.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493496530758.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>tfw brainlet phd student
>have been working since 8 am in the morning
>it's 12:30 am now

why
the
fuck
don't
I
quit?
>>
What are you working on anon?

When I'm doing my uni work I just want to come on here and vent constantly about how dumb and incompetent I am. At least you have a good work ethic.
>>
File: 1486659163300.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1486659163300.png
4KB, 183x275px
>>37070291
I am currently peer reviewing a computer science paper that takes forever to understand. I honestly told my professor today that I am probably stupid which is why I can't understand it. He told me he will read the paper later today and get back to me tomorrow.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x1024px
How can you be a Phd student and a brainlet? I thought phd's were smart?
>>
>>37070351
I have no idea, my supervisor told me I have impostor syndrome but I don't believe him. I am genuinely a stupid fuck, I don't even know why and how I got here to begin with.
>>
>>37070386
>telling your supervisor you think you're stupid
you've already lost boyo
>>
File: 1481351934290.jpg (79KB, 874x684px) Image search: [Google]
1481351934290.jpg
79KB, 874x684px
>>37070492
>you've already lost boyo
>>
>>37070241
can you give me the paper to look? or is it confidential?
>>
>>37070656
unfortunately it is... I am pretty sure if I give it out here the authors will find from the archive that a robot reviewed the paper, thus degrading the quality of the conference in their eyes
>>
>>37070732
well what is bothering you exactly? is it the math?
>>
>>37070758
not the math, but the definitions, they are super vague which make following the math impossible.. it's the third paper I'm reviewing and the first time it happens to me...
>>
>>37070798
Papers are becoming harder to read because dipshits in academia don't know how to write. It's not your fault.
>>
>>37070332
Why don't you use that as a point of criticism? Papers should be accessible to people in related fields. I remember reading one that had really convoluted language for no reason other than to look fancy (though I can't remember what it was specifically), and to me that was just disrespectful to the reader.
>>37070386
Yeah i'm always self deprecating to my supervisor. I don't know why.
>>
File: 1434046166922.jpg (118KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1434046166922.jpg
118KB, 1252x1252px
>>37070821
>>37070915
yes it is so annoying, my review at the moment is 1300 words and I have so much more to write... fucking hell
>>
>>37070241
>He can actually work and doesn't procrastinate constantly.

reeee etc.
>>
>>37070241
At least you're hardworking. I'm nearly at the end of my physics phd and I'm still quite the lazy shit.
>>
>8am in the morning

confirmed for brainlet
>>
Did 43 hours a week as an shitty waiter in a restaurant where my manager hates me and talk shit to me constantly and let me do all the work while not doing shit

>who /wagecuck king/ here
>>
Are you receiving funding, OP?
>>
>>37071291
yes, in that regards it is completely fine
>>
>>37071337
Don't you need an average of 80% in undergrad to receive funding in most cases?
>>
>>37071359
you mean grade? To be honest I had the highest grade than everyone in my year, which was a factor of me being accepted to this program, however I don't think grades tell a lot about someones intelligence.
>>
File: banach.png (454KB, 668x445px) Image search: [Google]
banach.png
454KB, 668x445px
im a phd student too in math and im decent but i feel like a lazy subhuman retard who doesnt deserve anything at all times and contemplate suicide like daily. i was just laying in bed punching myself over and over and screaming into a pillow over self hate. ive been trying to be less lazy but its so hard. i have potential is what makes it worse, everything is easy to me and ive published already but i put everything off and do a slack job. im fucking miserable. i have this perfectionist attitude despite being lazy and did a crazy person thing over an A- where i drank took pains pills and xanax and cut myself. my brain is fucking tortured. i like math and do it for fun sometimes but my ideal day would be just like getting fucked up, playing dota and roleplaying (like actual rp with people) games, and passing out. i have an extremely addictive personality and hate myself for it. ive had serious issues i managed to quit and relapse here and there. atm i hate myself for having minimal control with opiates and also im really considering buying a handle. but i should stay more sober to study to not fail out aaaaa fucking help. i get really addicted to gamea too and stay up thinking about them unable to sleep until i play
>>
Any tips for working so hard for so long?

Anon even if you are a brainlet with that motivation you will do better than your peers
>>
>>37071706
I love games as well anon

>>37071871
too much coffee helps, otherwise it's basically following the deadlines, there is a deadline that you have to follow no matter what, so you do everything that you can to finish on time... even if that means working for 20 years straight
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.