[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

smoking isnt good for you but at like 5 cigs a day is that gonnna

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (45KB, 450x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 450x449px
smoking isnt good for you but at like 5 cigs a day is that gonnna fuck you up even though there are people like pic related?
>>
eff of dude

cancer is yours
>>
>>37068875
If you eat an egg daily you have just as much chance of dying as someone who smokes 4-5 a day.
>>
>>37068875
5 cigs a day might not give you cancer. The problem is that, eventually, 5 cigs a day won't be enough.
>>
It's an increased chance. If you walked by a pond and saw a sign that said WARNING DICK EATING FISH would you stick your dick in the pond? They might not eat your dick now, or 20 years from now but why risk it.
>>
>>37068875
less is better there's no specific threshold to reach where it becomes bad for you
>>
>>37068875
she could live up to 120 if she quitted
>>
How do your genetic predispositions and luck compare to her's?
>>
>>37069293
Not OP but
>tfw the majority of people in your family who are/were 50+ got cancer
>some of them even got 2-3 different kinds of cancer at the same time
I don't know if I should be extra careful or just say "fuck it" because chances are I'll get cancer anyways
>>
>>37068875
>Mrs Langley insists she's never suffered because of the habit as she "has never inhaled
>>
>>37068875
>5 cigs a day is that gonnna fuck you up

It will in some ways, and it might in others.

If you're lucky it won't be enough to kill or cripple you.

But you're just paying to risk your health and life, and sate an addiction.

There is no rationale for smoking. The only people who will disagree are tobacco industry shills, contrarians and smokers who are lying to themselves.
>>
>>37068875
Probably not, but the thing about smoking is that you can't limit yourself to 5 a day forever unless you have the will of a zen master. Make no mistake it's awful for you. It will make you feel like shit in very subtle ways (like sapping your energy) and it's incredibly expensive. It will also make your skin look bad.

I love cigs, but I don't ever try to pretend they're "not that bad." A lot of anti smoking stuff is way over the top, but there's a grain of truth to most of it.
>>
You don't just suddenly get cancer from being in a normal state. Cancer happens when the same cell accumulates like seven different mutations, all specific to things like the cell cycle or apoptosis. So the old lady in your pic could be one mutation off from cancer in like a thousand cells.
>>
File: 1477041478143.jpg (100KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1477041478143.jpg
100KB, 480x454px
>>37069162
> mfw i eat 2 eggs a day
O SHIT
>>
>>37069507
Should maybe rethink that.
>>
>>37069501
She's also a hundred years old so I doubt she cares. She probably spends most of her time in a senile nursing home waiting for a telemarketer to call her
>>
I think the older you get, the less your body is able to handle smoking. I probably smoked about an average of 1-2 cigs a day for a period of 3.5 years. Then I decided it was time to stop. Also it wasn't like I was smoking actual 1 or 2 a day, it was that I'd get drunk and smoke 4 or 5 cigs maybe 2x a week. I decided to quit in 2013, where I probably ended up smoking a total of 30 cigs, then the next year I probably smoked about the same. I haven't had a single cig since xmas day 2014 now though.

Can't imagine how hard it is to quit if you are smoking them regularly though. I was only smoking when I was drunk and I would ration them if I was sober. I would say stuff like "Ok if you finish this homework you can smoke a cig". It prevented me from getting out of control.

However, since quitting I feel much better. I'd recommend you do the same.
>>
>>37069495
I smoke 1 a day if you can believe it! Half in the afternoon and half at night.
>>
>>37069495
>I don't ever try to pretend they're "not that bad." A lot of anti smoking stuff is way over the top
???
>>
File: af8.jpg (69KB, 342x250px) Image search: [Google]
af8.jpg
69KB, 342x250px
>>37069701
>A lot of anti smoking stuff is way over the top
Not him but I like posting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfeVx_bOzdg
>>
File: 1408293098154.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1408293098154.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
>longest living person ever smoked cigarettes

YOUVE BEEN LIED TO. CIGARETTES EXTEND YOUR LIFE YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>37068875
Some people are more resistant to disease and cancer than others. The only way to know if you're one of these people is to live. If you die of cancer, you were not one of these people. Cigarettes kill a lot of people. Both my grandparents on my mom's side died in their 60's because they smoked and drank all day and lived very sedentary lives. There are people who have died of lung cancer in their 30's. My best friends dad is dying on lung cancer right now. Don't smoke cigarettes. It's Russian Roulette.
>>
>>37069894
that bad
he'd say it's not
you presume?
>>
>>37069894
>dead vine stars
>each segment is approx 8 seconds long
Heh they just can't move on can they
>>
Endogenous testosterone levels and smoking in men
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17163954

SMOKE
>>
>>37069994
>It's Russian Roulette
This. I also know people who got lung cancer in their late 20's/30's. And plenty of people who are in their 50's and 60's, smoke a pack a day and are "healthy". You never know, and most always assume it's not going to happen to them
>>
>>37068875
My great aunt died of lung cancer after smoking for 30 years
>>
File: 1494369220920.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494369220920.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
It's a crap shoot, but I think a lot of it has to do with genetics.

My great uncle is 81, has smoked a pack of day for at least 65 of those (and still does so), and is still in relatively good health for his age, is very active, and doesn't show any real signs of it being detrimental to his health.

My dad is 56 and has had a lip of dip packed for twelve hours a day since he was 16 (no exaggeration), and he hasn't succumbed to mouth cancer yet. His teeth are all but gone, but still. Pretty heavy smoker off and on since he was a teenager too, but his physicals come back perfect every year.

I've probably cursed both of them by typing that out, but whatever.
>>
Even health aside, poorfags should recognize they can't afford it.
>>
>>37069701
The ads are silly. Even if they contain accurate information it's presented in such a way that it detracts from its effect. Like this >>37069894

Ironically a lot of that stuff is actually paid for by cigarette companies as part of the tobacco master settlement agreement. I don't think they have any control over the content, they just put up the money, but I sometimes wonder if they made them bad on purpose.
>>
>>37070101
omg anon sorry is she ok
>>
>>37070328
Also, big tobacco makes a shit ton of money. They use some of that money to fund campaigns for politicians that are either on their side or at least neutral.
>>
If you really want to smoke, I suggest buying your own tobbacco and stuff to roll your own cigarettes. It's still bad for you, but not as bad as buying brand cigarettes because they don't have stuff like tar on them (or at least they have very little). Plus, you can get the regular stuff or flavored if you want, for which there's more variety.
>>
>>37070383
Even the settlement fund is a joke. The foundation they set up spends a tiny amount of its nest egg and rakes in millions off of investments, meanwhile the contributions to it by tobacco companies are a tax write off for them. You have to admire their ingenuity.
>>
About to stop myself I think raising the fucking price, bloody more tens, no more menthol. I hate this country
>>
>>37070666
>menthols
literally the cigarette for niggers
>>
>>37068875
You can't be a true robot unless you smoke.
>smoking kills you
Check mate.

Brb going to smoke a cig in the rain
>>
>>37070744
I'm a woman. But seriously it's nice to not feel like you've swallowed an ashtray sometimes. I would get duals before
>>
>>37070844
Tits or Gtfo
>there are no girls on the Internet
>>
>>37070884
Are we on /b/ I'm not going to start getting abuse over my body because some random anon doesn't believe in females
>>
>>37070926
It's the rules of the Internet roastie
>>
Smoking is good as long as you get actual tobacco or at least shit cigs that claim to be all natural like American Spirits. Smoking creates a thin protective layer of tar in your lungs that protects you from airborne illnesses more than non-smokers.
>>
>>37070952
It's the rules of /b/ if you're 15 years old and actually care
>>
>>37071158
Those rules existed before /b/ newfag
>>
>>37071192
It's specifically against the rules of this board, newfag. I've done my share of tits. I've outgrown it you thirsty faggot
>>
>>37071253
>against rules
Wrong
>newfag
Wrong
>thirsty
Wrong

Don't tell people your female if you don't want to abide by the rules of the Internet, it's really that simple.
>>
>>37069162
If you do literally anything you have the same chance of dying as someone who smokes 2 packs a day.
>>
>>37071318
Go read the Harvard Nurses Study
>>
>>37069507
>>37069627
lmaooooooo wow you guys hahahahahaha wow..
>>
>>37071318
>tfw we all die
>tfw the chances of dying are 100% for everyone
>>
>>37069905
Pipe smokers live two years longer on average.
>>
dont smoke save a life
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.