[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think the way you dress affects the way you are perceived

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 70

File: IMG_0062.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.png
2MB, 750x1334px
How do you think the way you dress affects the way you are perceived by other people, /r9k/?
>>
clothes make the man senpai
>>
>>37066853
people are fucking animals who cares
>>
File: lovinglife.png (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
lovinglife.png
8KB, 320x320px
>>37066853
I've stopped caring completely and will wear dirty clothes wherever.
Even in my youth my mother would only buy me like a pair of jeans and three shirts every six months.
>>
Barring the rest of the shit the Aperture bag is pretty neat.
>>
File: NEETGlow.jpg (77KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
NEETGlow.jpg
77KB, 409x409px
Normalfags probably think I dress like a gross slob, but it doesn't stop me.
>>
File: IMG_8103.png (598KB, 680x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8103.png
598KB, 680x611px
>>37066853
The way you dress and groom yourself are how others perceive you. That's why the kids that "don't care what others think of me" and the kids that "don't care about fashion" are now adult virgins. The thing is that in this world appearance is everything, you can't sit and wonder why you have no friends or a gf when you're wearing baggy jeans, autism shoes and haven't gotten a haircut in 2 months.
>>
>>37066887
Sounds like a slogan a clothing company would come up with

Obviously you don't want to be wearing dirty rags, but judging people simply based on their appearance most of the time makes you the bad person.

I see lots of people against tattoos, dyed hair, piercings, etc. and I bought into it for a while. Then I saw a lot of people who looked like that working at animal shelters taking care of sick animals. How are you going to make fun of the way someone looks while they're taking care of a sick puppy?
>>
>>37066924
>HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME WEARING THIS GAMUR BAG
>I'M TOTALLY A GAMUR GUYS
>WHERE MY GAMUR BROS AT
>GAME 4 LYFE
>>
>>37067002
How someone chooses to present themselves to the outside world directly relates to who they are on the inside.
>>
>>37066853
I think clothes show how wealthy you are. Willing to go with a good style instead of a random mix and match really works.

People probably think i'm poor but in general I just don't care. I always wear a t-shirt and pants under a jacket. Sometimes i'll change it up by wearing a polo t-shirt or a v-neck.
>>
>>37066983
>you can't sit and wonder why you have no friends or a gf when you're wearing baggy jeans, autism shoes and haven't gotten a haircut in 2 months.
Sure you can, because people who look like that still get girlfriends. As long as your clothes are clean and you bathe regularly that's more important than having short hair and "non-autism shoes", whatever those are.
>>
>>37067042
Yes, but sometimes your perception of how someone looks can be biased and you can be wrong.
>>
>>37067007
I was taking classes in uni with a guy who was regularly wearing full watch dogs cosplay even indoors. It's a pretty shit idea if you want to socialize with people tho. Also he always acted really nervous for some reason.
>>
>>37067007
This anon is actually summing up a lot of issues with men's dress. Don't wear anything that screams, "my hobby is X" unless its situationally appropriate or you're a fucking idiot. Just wear a shirt with a color. Wear a henley shirt if you don't want to show your arms or its cooler out. Jeans that are well fitting and free of any obvious tears are usually appropriate. Just wear normal clothing and nothing with shit going on.
>>
I try to dress as much like a hobo as I can so I can avoid any kind of interaction, being invisible is nice.
>>
>>37066924
Not a single sane person thinks messenger bags are cool. They look like oversized fanny packs.
>>
>>37067082

Its not like I lose anything by thinking a worthless person is worthless. They knew the risks when they decided against dressing right. There's nothing more comfy than a good shirt and chinos anyway. They go out of their way to look like shit.
>>
>>37067055
What kinda shoes you wear annon?
>>
>>37067222
>Its not like I lose anything by thinking a worthless person is worthless.
"Even when I'm biased and wrong, I'm still right."

So you would go up to someone caring for sick animals, and make fun of them for having tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, or not dressing to your preferences? And you think that's okay just because you wear shirts and chinos?

I don't like chinos, but I wouldn't start making fun of you for wearing them.
>>
>>37067082
You're misunderstanding. I don't think you have to go around looking like a fashion model, but if you're willingly choosing to look like shit - unwashed hair, piercings, visible tattoos, sloppy clothes, graphic tees, autism shoes, etc you have no one to complain to when people treat you like a child

People judge things by their looks on a subconscious level and there's no amount of feel-good propaganda that is going to change an evolutionary advantaged we've developed over billions of years
>>
>>37066983

You will mostly attract shallow people and that's fine, but don't claim that clothes are everything, it's the whole package and some people really don't pay attention to clothes

Superficiality is very easy to make things work on a surface lvl duh, still clothes don't do everything.
>>
>>37066853
You dressing like a normie probably gets you the same amount of pussy it does this guy none
>>
>>37067317
>People judge things by their looks on a subconscious level and there's no amount of feel-good propaganda that is going to change an evolutionary advantaged we've developed over billions of years
You can learn to break habits and biases like this, it's not like we are mindless animals incapable of change.

>inb4 someone says "yes we are lol"
>>
File: IMG_3483.jpg (205KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3483.jpg
205KB, 960x720px
>>37067222
>decided against dressing right
>unbranded shirt and chinos is comfy

People with no sense of style are worse than those who express themselves with it.
>>
>>37066853
That boy looks 14 or something. What kind of vindictive cunt points out 14 year old boys on public transport and publicly shames them? God, I hate millennials.
>>
>>37067349
literally yes we are lol
>>
>>37067381
You can choose to believe that so you feel like you don't have to change and everything you do is right.
>>
>>37067349
>You can learn to break habits and biases like this

Rather not. If someone is willingly choosing to look like shit, they probably are shit.

Take gif related for example:
- Graphic tee
- Unwashed unkempt hair
- Greasy skin and resulting acne
- Fat
- Earing

I can tell you with a 100% certainty that this guy is not someone I'd ever want to be around and his appearance was a the red flag.
>>
>>37066853
Recently overhauled my wardrobe and started focusing hardcore on appearance and hygiene. (Literally had a graphic tee for every day of the summer.) A black guy called me "Mr. Hollywood" once but I didn't realize he was talking to me until I was already walking away.

I've been thinking about gathering up what little money I make and hiring one of those "Image Consultants" that basically tell you what looks good for you and what doesn't.
>>
>>37067305

Why would anyone make fun of them? They aren't even worth that much. Where do you live that animal paramedics are a common occurrence anyway?

>>37067356

>making shit up that no one said

Lel. Go fuck yourself, faggit.
>>
>>37067321
Clothes are a visual interpretation of you, clothes aren't everything but don't expect people to try and get to know you better if your appearance turns them off.
>>
A few dressing dead give aways that a guy is an adult virgin

>hanes plaid boxers
>autism shoes/skater shoes/
>shorts that go past the knee
>cargo shorts
>graphic t shirt
>white socks
>gets his haircut at greatclips/haircuttery/generic haircut place
>either has a neckbeard or never grows his beard out at all

basically someone that has zero swagger
>>
>>37066912

I'm 20 and my mother buys me clothes.
It's because she knows that idgaf about my appearance.

Maybe she is still hoping that I'll lead a normal life, get a gf and make her some grandchildren.
>>
>>37067419
Being dirty and overweight isn't what I'm talking about. I said in an earlier post that bathing and being clean is more important than the clothes you choose to wear. Obviously there are some things that say something about a person that you can pick up on, but for things like dyed hair, piercings, and tattoos, judging just based on those things is usually the result of a bias that makes you into the bad guy for judging people you don't know.

I've seen lots of people with tattoos, dyed hair, and piercings taking care of sick animals, donating to charity, offering help to strangers who really need it. Does wearing clothes that you think are appropriate and not dying your hair make you better than someone who actually goes out of their way and helps people? I don't think so.
>>
>>37067509
Every clean shaven man is a virgin? You heard it here first on /r9k/ people!
>>
>>37067543

No, but if you're in your 20's you should at least have a nice stubble going on.
>>
>it's a "normie with the spotlight effect" episode again

nobody gives a shit how you dress casually

at most people might think about you for 5 seconds max before forgetting about you
>>
I wear all black every day. Black jeans ranging from skinny to super skinny, black combat boots, black t shirts, black hoodies, black jackets. About 50% of my clothing including my shoes has holes in it and my wardrobe is generally worn out and beat up. I look like a monochrome working class fuck, sometimes when I don't shave or forget to shower I look genuinely like some stupid punk thug. It's kind of cool. When I'm cleaned up I look just sort of modern street wear with some edge I guess.

Anyway I make fun of losers like in the OP image, I make fun of dumbasses who wear pants with chains all over them and have purple mohawks and leather vests covered in horror movie and generic punk band patches, and I make fun of pathetic cunts who wear chinos and collared shirts.
>>
>>37067440
You don't need an image consultant, you just have to look over the internet on clothes that you like and get a tailor.
>>
>>37067571
so every clean shaven man is a virgin?
>>
It completely affects how people see you. Maybe it's because I'm in NYC, but when I wear jeans and a t'shirt, I get ZERO attention from women, or anyone else for that matter. When I dress in trendy business casual ways, suddenly women realize I exist and they act flirty towards me. So I always dress to impress when I'm looking for a bitch to fuck.
>>
File: P1000656.jpg (138KB, 1600x901px) Image search: [Google]
P1000656.jpg
138KB, 1600x901px
>>37067571
Some people have shit genetics. Not their fault. Don't blame them for being clean shaven when their stubble is patterned out like grass on a sandy beach. Not to mention how many jobs require being clean-shaven.
>>
>>37067571
I'm 20, not a virgin, and I hate having hair on my face.
>>
>>37067620

I notice a huge difference when I dress up as well
>>
>>37067571
so every clean shaven man is still a virgin then
>>
>>37067608
That doesn't help for hair though. What's a good haircut or facial hair style for one guy could fall flat for another, but I think having an expert eye push me out of my comfort zone in that respect would really help.
>>
>>37067537

It absolutely does. Sick animals are dangerous and only a retard stoned out of their mind would try to snuggle up to a raccoon foaming at the mouth. Good people donate to charity and help others way more than bad people do so you only hurt your argument bringing that up.
>>
>>37067509
I do all of those things except wear boxer briefs instead of boxers
>>
>>37067607
do you get really hot in the summer? when you wear black clothing it makes you super hot when sun shines on it
>>
File: 1481413545323.jpg (190KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481413545323.jpg
190KB, 640x480px
This is how I imagine some of you dress.
>>
>>37066853
Kid's like 15. He's obviously going to be the cool funny hipster nerd who fucks mad chubbies after high school.
>>
>>37067718
Yeah I get pretty hot sometimes, and I also refuse to wear shorts
>>
>>37067571

Employed people can't have beards. How will they were a respirator? Go in a patient's room wearing a hood and it scares the shit out of a them.
>>
>>37067571

You're a fuckin twat
>>
>>37066853
Does virginity matter when you are dead?
>>
>>37067317
you're right but your typing a little like an asshole which is clouding what you're saying. unfortunate.

>>37067338
robots greatly underestimate how much girls pay attention to clothes.

>>37067349
>you can brainwash yourself into believing this feelgood bullshit if you try hard enough

>>37067419
your overdoing it. often shabby appearance has a lot to do with self esteem. they can still be great people. i wouldn't want to date them though if i was a girl.
>>
>>37067728
Those guys all look like they probably get laid. Maybe not the guy in the green
>>
>>37067688
You are completely right, I also have really fucked up hair (no volume) so my worst feature is my hair. I did want to go to those really professional barbers and consulting with them but there are none in my Area. As far as clothes go, it's better to find a style you like than to have someone pick it out for you desu.
>>
>>37066924
Virgin detected. Wow this shit actually works
>>
>>37067728
and yet they still probably all have girlfriends/wives while you're here on 4chan
>>
>>37067704
>Sick animals are dangerous and only a retard stoned out of their mind would try to snuggle up to a raccoon foaming at the mouth.
Don't use strawman arguments, it only weakens your own position.

I'm talking about people working at animal clinics, caring for kittens with infected eyes and puppies with broken legs.

>Good people...help...more than bad people
Another strawman argument. The "bad people" who have tattoos, dyed hair, and piercings have been kind and given their time to strangers when they were stranded on the side of the road not knowing how to change a flat tire, giving money to people in line at the grocery store when they didn't have enough to pay for their small order, tried to offer a few kind words and food or books for homeless people who want or need them.

The "good people" seem to be the ones usually hating others who aren't like them and being judgmental, as I feel you are right now.
>>
>>37067741
All employed people are doctors, right?

You can have a well groomed beard and fit a n95 easily
>>
>>37067718

The additional heat absorbed by the black robe was lost before it reached the skin."

Bedouins wear black in the fuckin desert
>>
>>37067607
wearing all black doesn't make you look edgy, it makes you look like an emo retard
>>
>>37067768
>you can brainwash yourself into believing this feelgood bullshit if you try hard enough

>learning to break habits and biases is "feelgood bullshit"

Most people should generally try to acquire knowledge and better themselves, saying you don't have to do that is truly "feelgood bullshit". As in, "I'm full of bullshit but still want to feelgood."
>>
>>37067773
I think my problem is I can't commit and see a style through since most of the trendier/better looking ones require more length and I'm worried that how it looks in the intermediate stage is how it'll always look.
>>
>>37067823
i never knew that i always thought if you wore black while its sunny youd be boiling
>>
File: 1494703213999.png (6KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
1494703213999.png
6KB, 448x357px
>>37067509
>>hanes plaid boxers
>>autism shoes/skater shoes/
>>shorts that go past the knee
>>cargo shorts
>>graphic t shirt
>>white socks
>>gets his haircut at greatclips/haircuttery/generic haircut place
>>either has a neckbeard or never grows his beard out at all

Holy fucking shit my dad is a virgin.
>>
>>37067909

Your dad isn't actively trying to get laid, he's older now and doesn't give a fuck about appearance.
>>
>>37067803
Work with food?
>no facial hair
Work in customer service?
>You either won't get hired or your manager could ask you to shave
Work in a medical setting?
>no facial hair, unless you're a receptionist or a pharma-tech
Work in a factory?
>it's a tossup, but often beards aren't allowed for safety and hygiene reasons

There are tons of workplaces that don't allow long hair (facial or otherwise) or any facial hair at all. It's not rare. Short beards don't work for everyone so it's either whole hog or clean-shaven.
>>
>>37067773

You can't go wrong with a generic buzzcut. I'm sure you have a sister or cousin you could ask.

>>37067798

Good people will always be better in animal clinics too. Good people also help others more than tatt'd up piercing and tumblr hair retards too. Being judgmental is different from hating. No one is making fun of you for dressing like a clown. You don't have the right to be butthurt that a judgmental hater doesn't want to be your friend.
>>
>>37067509
Where do you get your hair cut? Greatclips is close and I like how none of them speak English so they wont talk to you.
>>
>>37067988

Find a trendy hipster barber/hairstylist. Yeah it sounds gay I know, and you will be a bit uncomfortable but the difference is huge.
>>
File: 1473978305686.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473978305686.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>37067834
trying to subvert you're own subconscious defenses is idiotic.
we are animals, and we are a very long way from fully understanding all the nuances of the human experience.
you're going on about 'bad habits and biases', all of which are based on a certain political philosophy, as if you know enough about life or the world to definitively say with authority that your way is the correct way.
all if it so you feel superior, enlightened, part of the 'intelligent' group.
your narcissism is revolting
>>
>>37067909
jesus? is that you?
originio
>>
>>37068022
>>37068022
Dude fuck haircuts. Those hipster places want like 60 bucks for a haircut and to stay sharp you have to get one every few weeks, im not getting jewed like that

Long ass hair is the goat desu
>>
File: confused pepe.jpg (97KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
confused pepe.jpg
97KB, 1533x961px
>>37068022
>mfw all the barbershops around me are just niggers and Mexicans who only understand cutting hair in terms of clipper numbers

>"Yeah so I was thinking of getting the top down to about an inch in length, maybe layering it to get rid of some of the volume, and finish the ends with a straight razor for the same effect, I have bulky hair."
>"Uhhhhhhh, so you wan a numbah 8 on the top o' sum shit?"
>>
>>37068183
>Long-ass hair
Hair that is very long

>Long ass hair
Hair on your ass that is long
>>
File: 1366770559625[1].jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1366770559625[1].jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>37068228
>"want it cut short, just leave it long enough to spike up a bit on top"
>get pic related
>>
>>37068236
most people here including myself have both.
>>
File: 1473884578057.png (52KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1473884578057.png
52KB, 657x527px
>>37068236
>>37068278
>tfw long ass hair
can't shave or you get swamp ass, can't trim without touching your asshole with your clippers.
>>
>>37066853
that hat is cool though just sayin
>>
>>37068228

A #8 is 1" in length though.
>>
>>37068325
>flat brimmed charizard hat
>cool
>>
>>37067857
He's half right, black clothes both deflect UV rays better and absorbs your body heat (whereas white clothes reflect your body heat back at you), but white clothes are generally better to keep cool if the wind speed is under ten. If the wind is faster than 10 mph and your clothes are loose fitting, then the clothes and wind work kind of like a bellow to cool you through convection with the wind, but if there's no wind then it obviously won't work.
>>
>>37068228
Don't say all that complicated shit you autist, either show a picture, or ask for a trim with just scissors. I go to a nigger barber and I've never had a problem.
>>
>>37068273
>I try to avoid that by telling them I want it longer then I actually want it so I can just tell them to take a bit more off
>they get pissed when they ask me what I think and I ask for adjustments
Why do they even ask? Nowadays I just sit there and accept they're gonna shave my head.
>>
>>37068183
Long hair is pretty fucking gross, unless you live in Colorado and trim weed for a living, or you're rich and quirky. You don't have to find a hipster place, just a barber that's been in business for a while. There's a reason he's been in business for a while, and that's because he knows how to cut hair. I was used to paying $50-$60 for haircuts, which I don't mind, but I moved and there was a little barbershop a couple blocks away run by this old dude. $25 for a cut and it looks great. I go in there every couple weeks, AC/DC on the radio and espn on tv, make some small talk with everyone and leave after my haircut. Nobody tries to sell me beard wax or $40 bottles of sustainably produced shampoo.
>>
>>37067222
>chinos
lmao what a fucking virgin, only cucks wear chinos.
>>
>>37068325
t. ultravirgin
>>
>>37068376
if chad was wearing it people would think it was cool
>>
>>37066853
lol my friend looks like this, just with out the portal
bag. feelsgoodman
>>
>>37067007
Or maybe he just really likes Portal?
>>
>>37067909
Your dad is old
>>
>>37067222
>There's nothing more comfy than a good shirt and chinos anyway

It's painful that someone who dresses like this genuinely thinks their opinion matters
>>
>>37068389
>show them a pic of a male model whose haircut cost $300 and was done by a professional stylist
>"gimme this"
>they scratch their heads and start reading off clipper numbers to me
Been there, tried that. I'm tired of trying different places only to throw away $15 so I can feel like shit. Swore off of black barbers when they had the new kid working there do me and he took an HOUR to do a simple fade only to have him cut my neck and forehead up and had to have one of the more experienced guys step in and say "Just lemme finish this, man." and STILL demand minimum $15

Fuck 'em.
>>
What counts as dressing well then?
>>
File: 1475265368112.jpg (38KB, 583x494px) Image search: [Google]
1475265368112.jpg
38KB, 583x494px
I've been told a few times that I look like a junkie but I make it work
>>
>>37068467

No they wouldn't. They'd think it was a joke at best. Stop completely failing to understand people.
>>
>>37068421
They don't really care or want to ask, and you're telling them they have to do more work for the same amount of pay. Try to find a good one, usually you have to shop around until you find someone good and then stick with them.
>>
File: 1491825379631.png (534KB, 650x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491825379631.png
534KB, 650x720px
>>37068389
>shave hair
>complicated
????
>>
>>37066853
>>37066924

I have the same bag and I take it to campus every day. Never had anyone say anything about it. The best vidya merch is subtle stuff like that, almost all the vidya merch that I have and wear is similar.
>>
File: autismshoes.jpg (27KB, 341x303px) Image search: [Google]
autismshoes.jpg
27KB, 341x303px
>>37067055
"autism shoes" are shoes that feature mostly bright colors like yellow and blue, aren't a normie shoebrand, or have velcro because people with no social skills can't tie their shoes apparently
>>
>>37068604
they're usually black and white
>>
>>37068522
> going to the new guy
Jesus man you're really bad at this.
And if you want some difficult/retarded $300 haircut why would you go to an inexperienced guy charging you $15 and think they could do it? You sound really stupid.
>>
>>37067789
You're on fucking /r9k/ of course it "works"
>>
>>37068527
If you actually want to impress someone, try to look as clean as possible. Mens clothing doesn't have much variety, what makes you stand out like an autist is either dressing like the guy in OP's pic, or if you overdress by copying some fashion forum/magazine. Dress appropriate to the situation, don't dress like a fucking banker just to go to the beach. A nice dress shirt (try to avoid plaid as most designs look like shit) some nice pants and shoes go a long way.

Alternatively if you can't stand shoes, a polo and some subtle jeans and converses can work but it depends on your date. Some women are autistic about how you dress and expect you to dress like you're making 7 figures. Don't appeal to them. Chances are they wear garbage from fashion nova anyways.
>>
>>37066983
>That's why the kids that "don't care what others think of me" and the kids that "don't care about fashion" are now adult virgins.

True. My sister said her friends would date me if I knew how to dress. I never gave a fuck about getting laid so I just never conformed to fashion norms, but fitting in is a big part of getting laid because girls themselves are MAJOR conformist, and can't be seen with a bf who is too out of the norm.
>>
>>37068656
It wasn't my choice. I specifically asked for someone I knew but they just put me with the new guy. I wasn't trying to sit and watch Sports Center for 5 hours, I wanted to get in and get out and I gave the guy a chance.
>>
>>37068604
New balance sneakers are generally autism shoes unless you actually work out. Basically wearing sports shoes when you don't actually need them. Wearing them for work or to work out is fine.
>>
File: 1492903304912.png (22KB, 360x395px) Image search: [Google]
1492903304912.png
22KB, 360x395px
Only normalfag care about looking good, I only wear what's given to me and I only stop wearing things if they're damaged or if the damage is too severe.

Up until last month I was wearing the same shirt while going outside, I wore that shirt for over a year and the same hoodie for two years, same with my pants and shoes. I haven't cut my hair in over a year, I haven't washed it since earlier this year, to add to this I'm a nigger so you can imagine how fucked my hair l

I don't like graphics on clothing because it's too flashy, same reason why I don't wear light colors but everyone whose shitting on the guy in OP's pic is a fucking normalfag.
>>
>>37068742
Ignore him, he's just trying to justify spending $100+ on a haircut. Only women spend that crazy amount. A guy's haircut should only run you 50 ish max if you're going to a nice place. 100+ is Disney haircuts.
>>
>>37068664
Okay calm down virgin
>>
>be 23
>still wear the skinny jeans and t-shirts I wore in high school
>gained around 35 lbs since graduation so pants are skintight now and t-shirts barely reach my waist
why are clothes so expensive?
>>
>>37067002

It's not about who is right and who is wrong. The reality is human psychology is geared heavily toward appearances. Wether it be looking good or being seen to do good things, its all the same.

Clothes maketh the man, wether you like it or not.
>>
>>37068769
>Only normalfag care about looking good

This. But you can't blame them, its a integral part of attracting woman and effective socializing.
>>
Wow, you guys are utterly gross.

Seriously, I just order rad brands online.

Wearing skinny jeans, an Asian design or obscure shoe gaze album on a long sleeve black shirt and possibly a hoodie and vans along with a bullet necklace, short-hair that's slicked back and I'm set. Fashion is important, don't be a tard.
>>
>>37066853
Thanks for circling him I didnt see.
>>
>>37068920
>Clothes maketh the man, wether you like it or not.

It effects the perception others have of you, but its not everything. You could be a total broke piece of shit, but nice grooming and a sharp suit and you'll be the man wherever you go. Its a social tool, not a direct reflection of a quality human spirit
>>
>>37066853
It's just because he's ugly.
>>
>>37067648
>hey look at me im a non virgin on r9k
must be proud, how did your ass feel the day after
>>
>>37067222

Fucking chinos? Nobody wears those anymore, people realised how corny and ironic they look. They were a fad for like 2 years then they reverted old man pants status, where they belong.

Last I checked in with the kids, ripped jeans are in xD
>>
>>37068988
is this bait? you dress like a cuck
>>
Fashion is literally one of the most important ways to present yourself. I remember in grade school getting mocked for not wearing cool clothes and ever since I started spending thousands of dollars to impress people. It works. Lose weight, dress well and get a good hair style and the world is yours.
>>
>>37069061
you should ask your dad instead, he should know
>>
File: 1437873793720.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1437873793720.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>37068604

Not really. Pic related is a classic autism shoe.

>>37068752

You're like one of those people who half get something. Pic related are NB but not all NB are autism shoes.
>>
>>37067509
>being clean shaven means you're a virgin
This guy.
>>
>>37069076
Uh what? Fuck off, I follow all the fashion forums like fa and streetwear and I have excellent fashion. You're the cuck. You probably wear velcro shoes and corduroy pants.
>>
>>37069148
post pic

>>
File: FB_IMG_1494864430463.jpg (43KB, 680x504px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494864430463.jpg
43KB, 680x504px
>>37069114
>people spend thousands on clothes
>they literally unironically do this

W E W lad

Im 2 years out of high school, my wardrobe has no new additions since then and ive banged 6 girls lol. i have 2 pairs of pants and like 3 shirts and i dont have problems finding sex
>>
>>37067728
Jesucristo. Why do americans love cargo shorts so much?
>>
>>37066853
good thing you put a red circle around him, almost missed him.
>>
Average robots fashion:

>autism shoes (velcro or soccer mom running shoes)

>long goofy sports shorts or corduroy pants

>either under wear, baggy kids boxers or adult diapers

>baseball hat to cover receding hairline and autism haircut

>probably a gay watch or bracelet
>>
File: 1464451987380.jpg (34KB, 477x438px) Image search: [Google]
1464451987380.jpg
34KB, 477x438px
>>37069133
>but not all NB are autism shoes.
>>
>>37067356
>look we smoke now! we are grown ups now! we're womyn now!
fucking roasties
>>
>>37069183
In a bit mom just brought in KFC one sec
>>
>>37066853
I wear jeans and a black hoodie. I'm ugly but not repulsive. so I just fade into the background.
>>
I just dress like tech support every day.
>Collared shirt like what Richard Stallman or Gabe Newell wear
>Nice pants that aren't jeans
It's as easy as wearing a t-shirt and jeans, you just look somewhat professional.
>>
>>37069114
>the world is yours as it sure is mine, I'm spending my time being mentally ill on r9k

Fuck off, nu-male
>>
>all these Americans debating how to dress and thinking they're better than others because they wear chinos or a shirt

Here every single normie dress straight out of a fashion magazine. Any bright colors will get you that quick piercing judgmental look, it's depressing. From highschool to retirement, all the men dress pretty much exactly the same. Even a fat NEET like me has to make an effort when I go out.
>>
File: 1_405682_ZM.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1_405682_ZM.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>37069215
I wear boxers when I'm not at work because I like to let my balls hang. Otherwise I don't wear any of that shit. Are these autism shoes though?
>>
>>37066853
>hahahaha look and this guy he must be a virgin lol let me post this on Snapchat and show all my stacey friends
Why do normies do this? Like don't get me wrong the outfit is horrendous but what comples them to take a picture of everything that's even slightly abnormal or interesting an post it on social media?
>>
File: 1382996379472.png (200KB, 1389x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1382996379472.png
200KB, 1389x1732px
So is there anyone I can pay to outfit me? I am a diagnosed autist and fashion is extremely hard.
>>
fuck this high maintenance shit. just don't wear a minecraft t shirt with new balance shoes and cargo shorts
>>
>>37069279
They're judgmental faggots. Like most people on the internet
>>
>>37068575
>subtle when it sports the name of the fictional company
Subtle is like a logo or something, dummy.
>>
>>37069279
They're bad people who like to bring out every perceived flaw in others for their own gratification. Never trust them.
>>
>>37067728
These guys dress better than me
>>
>>37066853
I wear flannel jackets and jeans everyday. What does that say?
>>
>>37069306
>>/fa/
But I mean if you live in a big city there's probably services you can look up to do that.
>>
File: 1468893125895.jpg (74KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468893125895.jpg
74KB, 480x640px
>>37067728
> mfw i unironically dress up like this
>>
>>37067728
If the guy in the shirt wore normal shorts, it would be a pretty acceptable casualwear, desu.
>>
>>37067367
Another 14 year old maybe
>>
>>37069328
You're a redneck, a grandpa, or a hipster.
>>
File: image.jpg (432KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432KB, 1920x1440px
are these autism shoes? mine are like this but without the stripe.
>>
File: 1403068172106.jpg (326KB, 1408x2399px) Image search: [Google]
1403068172106.jpg
326KB, 1408x2399px
>>37069279
Pretty much pic related but in some kind of original way.
>>
why do people hate bright colors now? everyone is just clothed in all black these days
>>
>>37069367
>wearing shorts at all
You end up looking sloppy. Ditch the dress shirt.
>>
>>37068752
>>37069133
>>37069227
New Balance has some really popular designs that I see getting trendy in D.C.
No where else though
>>
>>37069273
Decent sneakers, but remember, hi tops and shorts are usually a no-no
>>
Are adult heely's autistic? Cause I wear those along with a robe that's a bit too small that only goes up to my knees, a cowboy hat and a metallica shirt. How am I?
>>
File: 1494800748663.jpg (61KB, 676x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494800748663.jpg
61KB, 676x960px
>>37067509
I wear boxer briefs, I like how it feels around my junk.

I wear sneakers, mainly Nikes and Jordans. Tims in the winter.

I don't own any shorts. I wear jeans all the time, even in summer.

I don't own any graphic Ts. I wear generic T-shirts and dress shirts when I have to.

I wear white socks and so does everybody I know, confirmed non-virgin or not. You can't even tell what socks I wear because I wear jeans.

I get my haircut at a barbershop owned by a nice Hispanic lady who knows how to treat me and my hair right. Love that lady.

I like having some light 5 o'clock shadow which is extremely difficult to maintain because I'm a hairy man so I get a dark as fuck beard overnight.

I am a virgin but this list is flawed.
>>
>>37069306
I'll do it for ya
Post your closet
>>
>>37067199
>messenger bags arent cool
>backpacks arent cool
>everything else is for women
fucking women reeeeee
>>
>>37069396
>wearing black shoes
>black trainers even

God, yes. Throw that shit away, they're not even good shoes to do sport in.
>>
>>37067509
Depends on the skater shoes
puffy DCs/Vans, sure
but regular Vans (not gay checkerboard shit/slip-ons) can be tight, and Adidas / Nike make some nice skate shoes too
>>
>>37069396
depends on the rest of your outfit desu
>>
I'm fat, so it doesn't really matter for me tbqh
>>
Dear: everyone in this thread

If you're posting sneakers that aren't Vans canvas, Nike Huarache, Adidas samba, Stan Smith's, Y-3, or Jordan retro's, fucking get new shoes
>>
>>37069526

Fat people have the worst fashion usually, unless they're female and trying too hard.

You either wear a ton of baggy black clothes to hide yourself or if you do try you look like the Michelin man wearing colors.
>>
>>37069505
>boxer briefs
>Nike's and tims
>wearing jeans
Mii brotha, I'll forgive you for the jordans because some look nice.
>>
>>37066853
It doesn't because I've perfected the art of looking like a basic bitch
>>
>>37069553

Only fags care about fashion, get out of the closet.

True robots buy bland, oversized clothing from a thrift store every 5 years, wear shoes with velcro and don't care cause they're already unattractive inside and out probably.
>>
>>37069553
now autists are gonna think buying shoes like this are gonna make them look fashionable even if the rest of their fit is bland or basic
>>
>>37069553
Vans canvas are the only acceptable thing you posted, and only specific colors work. Get some new taste fuccboi.
>>
>>37069560

Pretty much, nothing good fits me. I've found straight fitting dark corduroy pants fit me best though, at least.
>>
>>37069526
Unless you're outright obese, you can be fat and dress decently.
>>
File: 1465012638022.png (366KB, 713x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465012638022.png
366KB, 713x720px
>>37069605
>implying they don't already own customized addidas to look like sonic the hedgehog.
>>
I usually just wear a shirt with some funny phrase like "I am smarter than you and I can prove IT with math!" and red baggy shorts. Sometimes I'll wear a cartoon shirt too like one with Elmo that says "Tickle me!" or a minion lol and I usually just wear velcro shoes cause theyre easy to put on. And usually a baseball cap that says donuts on it.
>>
>>37069505
>I don't own any shorts. I wear jeans all the time, even in summer.
This is more autistic than wearing shorts IMO.
>>
>>37069660
t. turbo autist
>>
>>37069405
>Wouldn't you feel more relieved simply admitting you're a failure of a human?
She's right. I stopped being bitter towards everyone else in the world because of my own inadequacies, and it feels a hell of a lot better saying "Yeah I'm a fuckup but I'm going to do my thing anyway" than wasting so much time and effort trying to make excuses and blame others or otherwise lie to myself.
People think better of who you are when you can be honest about how shitty you are rather than when you're constantly trying to create a false image of yourself. Acknowledging what's wrong with you allows you to ignore the superficial garbage that others judge you on. It feels better than trying to defend your weak ego at every turn.
>>
>>37069660

Wait really? I wear jeans always and a black hoodie, even when it's super hot or when I rarely swim cause I like baggy clothes
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 540x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 540x640px
>>37069515
>>37069518
dark blue jeans and a black hoodie. it's what I wear every day. not the same ones, I have a few pairs and I'm quite clean
I was thinking of switching to Slav shoes. good idea?
>>
>>37069655
Sounds pretty slick my friend, post pics
>>
>>37069660
I don't like shorts, they look goofy as fuck to me.
>>
File: 9unfFH5.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9unfFH5.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>37069648
>mfw I own custom Gazelles
>>
File: shorts-2.jpg (21KB, 211x601px) Image search: [Google]
shorts-2.jpg
21KB, 211x601px
>>37067728
>cargo shorts are bad
faggot
>>
>>37069694
The only time you wear shorts is in the summer, which is just 2-3 months, Even then you only wear shorts if you're going hiking or to the beach. Ditch the hoodie and you'll be fine.
>>
File: IMG_3514.jpg (282KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3514.jpg
282KB, 1000x1000px
>>37069553
I just have a pair of converse.
>>
>>37069713
They make you look like a fairy. The cut is usually pretty short.
>>
>>37069741

Emo style is cringe too, that shit died out years ago. Same with scene or hipster style.

Either dress like a prep (normie) or be the robot you are.
>>
I don't get why you autists don't just dress like you care. You faggots complain about being socially inept but are virtually unapproachable because of your clothes. I know so many people who could fit in with normies if they cut their hair and got some respectable clothes/glasses. I don't get why it's so hard for people like you guys to understand. Just wear clothes that you see other people wearing at first, and once you feel like you "know" style well enough, you can start wearing stuff more you.
>>
it's not about specific brands or models, it's what looks good on you and fits your personal style. Fuck /fa/ggot streetwear autists that say otherwise
>>
>>37066853
Yes. I wear plain nondescript clothing, that fits comfortably. I don't like flashy colors and I don't like being noticed. It's because I'm autistic and I don't give a fuck. I also look stupid. People assume that I am about as smart as someone who huffs paint thinner. Just about every male and even some females will spit on the ground after looking at me. People are very judgemental. If it looks like you are inferior in any way, people will treat you that way. I've tried dressing to impress and sometimes people don't spit, but my face will always look stupid.
>>
>>37069680
How to you get over that hump and just embrace the fact that you suck, youre selfish, you lack empathy etc instead of continually running away like i am
>>
>can't wear shorts because that's autistic
>can't wear jeans in the summer because its too hot

great so only autists go outside in the summer. fashion is cancer
>>
>>37069741
They're a universally accepted sneaker.
>>
>>37069250
But anon, they're v cutee
>>
>>37069561
Yeah I wear Nikes more than my Jordans. I've been conditioned to liking Jordans because where I grew up that was THE shoe to wear. Nothing else mattered but a fresh pair of Jordans and you were bullied if you didn't wear them.
>>
Only ugly people are this concerned about fashion.
When you're attractive, you can get laid regardless of how "well-dressed" you are. Fashion just becomes an optional accessory or a more pure form of self-expression when you aren't desperately using it to compensate for your shit looks.
>>
>>37069763

You're just a judgmental cunt. We're already failures why should we care about wasting money on clothes to try and fit in when we'll just fail anyway and look dumb? I literally always wear pajama pants with a hole in the crotch the size of a lemon and a baggy shirt covered in cat hair with jizz stains/shit stains and I don't leave the house SO MUCH so who GIVES A FUCK!!!??
>>
>>37066983
>Autism shoes

What did he mean by this? Velcro laces?
>>
>>37069762
Prep has been dead for years. You either dress trap or wallstreet if you're going for the instagram look. Everyone else just wears converses or some sort of sneaker with jeans and a nice shirt.
>>
>>37069703
Why are you obsessed with wearing trainers, for fuck's sake. They make you look like a manchild or a wannabe nigger.
>>
>>37066895
But that's bestiality fampai
>>
>>37069823

what is wrong with velcro shoes? I always wear them cause they are comfy and I could never learn to tie my sheoz.
>>
>>37069703
I've worn these things for like 5 years but I'm pissed now because women use these

I guess it's a good excuse for the "nice shoes" line
>>
>>37069816
I've never seen chad walking around in a 2 sizes too big t shirt he got for free at a minor league hockey game
>>
>>37069837
>they are comfy and I could never learn to tie my sheoz
>never learned to tie his shoes

This is the autism, and the velcro implies that
>>
>>37069783
Stop buying thick jeans. Problem solved.
>>
File: IMG_1803.jpg (23KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1803.jpg
23KB, 583x583px
>>37069837
My friend has a pair of these, gets nothing but compliments on them. They're vans
>>
>>37069831
Stop using your faggy British words. I prefer them because they're comfortable and nice shoes don't work with what I wear. I'll have to overhaul the rest of my wardrobe if I want to wear nice shoes.
>>
>>37069783
This

Whats the point of wearing nice clothes in the summer if theyre just going to get soaked through with sweat and feel gross in an hour
>>
>>37069896
Maybe lose some fucking weight
>>
>>37069763

I don't care though. That fashion shit is shallow, all too please people who don't give one fuck about you.
>>
>>37069909
>>37069909
Dude im already fit, you can see the vein in my shoulder and arms lmao i just run hot
>>
>>37069896
Stop wearing winter versions of clothes. Different materials exist for a reason.
>>
>>37069271
Do you have a reference image for the style?
>>
"Is he trying to be his own Dad?" overheard by a coworker
>>
>>37068604
Then how would foamposites work

A lot are bright colors. Probably get called a nigger by someone here lol
>>
There's this friend I have, literally 3-4/10. He has decent clothes but most of it is dirty. Crooked nose, acne face, short (5'4, 5'5) (I'm Asian and taller than him). Anyways, from our perspective, it looks like he took a SPECIAL skill check and seems to have dumped 10 pts into charisma, and 1-2 in everything else. He has ADHD, confident as fuck, and he can talk to normie girls, 7-10/10. Fuck, he may only be his close friends but he's gotten laid more than any of us in our friend group. Cheers to my smooth motherfucker.
>>
>>37067509
>autism shoes
what the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: IMG_3515.jpg (57KB, 400x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3515.jpg
57KB, 400x409px
>>37069526
Lose weight, and in the mean time wear something like this, fatty.
>>
File: 2017-04-09_05.00.02.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-09_05.00.02.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
I dress like pic related yet I am still a Virgin. Females cannot appreciate true Style.
>>
>>37069306
I had typed out a long post to help you but it said non ascii text was not allowed and I can't figure out what non ascii text was in my post. They have like a sticky or some other sort of general advice page they link to on /fa/ that is actually quite good. You don't need to build some expansive wardrobe, you just need a few classic items that you can mix and match.
>>
File: IMG_0365.jpg (69KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0365.jpg
69KB, 640x449px
What's the verdict on these? I'm not a jogger, Native American. I'm wearing a penguins jersey because they are gonna win faggots and a gold invicta reserve 63mm with mother of pearl inlay

The foams are the most comfy shoes Iv owned
>>
Boots are the only non-autism shoes, if you are wearing sneakers or dress shoes of any kind you are a sperg
>>
How to dress yourself:

Shoes: adidas street shoes, vans, converse, etc. don't wear running shoes, hiking boots, air monarchs, etc

Socks: plain black or white, preferably name brand (nike)

Pants: jeans with a good wash, chinos. They have to fit good. Cuff them, it looks better

Shirts: plain T's, really anything as long as the graphics aren't over the top.

Outerwear: plain pull over hoodie, again without over the top graphics. Just something simple, black or white look clean as fuck on anybody.

You will never get critiqued for dressing like this. simple, cheap, and easy.
>>
>>37070089
Nigger not jogger

How the fuck did autocorrect fuck that up
>>
>>37070093

Hawt t b h
>>
>>37070093
I would say ditch the normie brands, lose about 40 pounds, then kill your self for being irreparably gay
>>
>>37070089
Good looking but they'really going to make people think you're black, and make black people want to rob you for your shoes
>>
>>37070000
Unfortunately personality means everything, and it's the only thing you can't change
>>
>>37067356
i wouldnt stay in a room with those women for more than 5 minutes

i actually find regular sluts more nice and cool desu
not that i hang around with any
>>
>>37070134
I worked with a shitload of blacks so I see what you mean

Not one seen the gone fishing foams and I had black guys trying to buy them or copy cat my ass. Kc didn't sell many
>>
>>37070147
Blatant sluts are the only girls I actually like to hang around with. Just don't date them.
>>
>>37070047
I have a friend that dresses like that, and everyone looks at him like a fucking autistic weirdo (he actually is, he went to a fucking hippie party with suit).
Also, your hair is fucked up.
Clothes aren't everything dude
>>
>>37070089
I bet those are comfortable, but those aren't serious shoes. I wouldn't wear them.

>>37070111
I'll critique you for cuffing your pants. Are you 6? Do you drive a limo for a living? That's who wears cuffed pants.
>>
>>37066853
i used to assume everyone thought i was a gangsta but then i heard that i looked like:
a friendly guy
a weeb
an edgelord
like im going to cry
sad
>>
>>37069779
I wouldn't say you have to embrace it, just accept that those things affect your life and are a part of you right now. Ignoring them and trying to shift blame means they probably won't change. Being aware of your flaws and shortcomings means you actually have a chance of choosing to act differently in the future. Take the feeling of selfishness and use it to become self-dependent instead. Once you don't depend on others as much, you can work on being more generous or something.
>>
File: unnamed-4.jpg (32KB, 469x313px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-4.jpg
32KB, 469x313px
>>37069467

These have been popular for literally years. They're one of the entry level acceptable fashionable shoes of this part of the decade.

>>37069227

>confirmed autist
>>
File: IMG_1804.jpg (100KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1804.jpg
100KB, 500x633px
>>37070194
Emo skater style, very popular where I live and I get frequent compliments on my pants like this
>>
>>37066887
More like peoples reactions to the clothes make the man
>>
>>37070336
Where do you live? Some timewarp to the early 2000s?

that would actually be neat
>>
standard uniform is
- band / rare graphic t-shirt (not normalfag identifiable)
- button-up or hoodie, depending on weather or occasion
- decent jeans (not autism/shit-brand)

this covers a wide variety of possible scenarios, isn't overly autismo, and looks decent/low-key since all the shirts are blue/black, without becking to conformity.
>>
>>37070557
Portland, Oregon. Originality
>>
>>37070334
These look like shit my dude. They look like the shit gamers trying too hard would wear.
>>
Is power armor a bad fashion choice?
>>
>>37066853
I look like a fucking kid that asks "Got any games on your phone?" I'm semi-dark, got a random metallica t-shirt, wearing khaki shorts with a black watch, glasses, black or black and grey shoes with black socks :(
>>
>>37069655

Fuck, nerdy / witty t-shirts are the height of autism.
>>
>>37067509
You just described my ex boyfriend. But he never cut his hair.

And he got laid.

Too much, which is why we broke up.
>>
File: IMG_20160116_191321.jpg (175KB, 662x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_191321.jpg
175KB, 662x561px
>>37070012

Shoes like these. Basically, anything that looks like a 11 year old would wear because they're the shoes his mother chose.
>>
>>37070705

If you seriously haven't seen the plethora of normies wearing these fucking everywhere over the last few years, you should probably leave your parents basement more.
>>
>>37069306
>>37069306

this is a tip for everyone who dont want too look autistic

two dark jeans
two white t shirts
two black t shirts

das it

buy a black and gray college sweater too
maybe a green or black jacket

you now look like a person who at least look okay
>>
File: 1493268095798.png (209KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1493268095798.png
209KB, 359x255px
>>37070984
Don't get catty on me just because you hang out with turbo autists. I have never seen anyone wear those. Normalfags don't wear garbage like that, no normalfag goes out of his way to buy new balance ever. The only acceptable sneaker brands are vans, converse, nike, jordans, and whatever brand kanye shills.
>>
>>37071091
Reebok makes some nice vintage sneakers, as does adidas.
>>
>>37071188
Yeezy made adidas very popular, their vintage white sneaker was sold out quite a few times. I should have included it.
>>
>>37071091

You're just trying way too hard now, or you live in a shitty as fuck backwater town.
>>
>>37071304
Stop projecting baby. I live in NYC, learn from your mistakes today and fix your wardrobe so you don't look like a special needs kid.
>>
>>37071265

Please stop posting and being painfully stupid about everything.
>>
File: photo.jpg (608KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
608KB, 1500x2000px
I rarely take pictures of my outfit but last time I did, here's what I was wearing. Thoughts?
>>
>>37066853
americans seem to be the worst group of people on the planet who aren't terrorists. what a horrible society.
>>
>>37071350

>lying about living in NYC when you're shilling entry level as fuck middle schooler shoes.

Yeah... No.
>>
File: 1459237790183.jpg (65KB, 517x559px) Image search: [Google]
1459237790183.jpg
65KB, 517x559px
>>37071368
>>37071398
The truth hurts, stop posting anytime now.
>>
>>37071387
you might not be outright gay but you sure dress like a faggot
>>
>>37071387
Normal and clean.
>>
File: IMG_0396.jpg (1MB, 2446x2817px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0396.jpg
1MB, 2446x2817px
Does this shirt look fine? Worn with jeans.
>>
>>37071387
The cardigan is too /effay/ for me, but works nicely with the belt.
>>
>>37071480
I'll take it as a compliment. Gays usually dress much better than straight dudes wannabe though with their tanktops and cargo pants
>>
>>37071387
Go back to r/malefashionadvice
>>
>>37071415

Keep on saving up your allowance for those Jordans, kid.
>>
>>37071554
Switch the blue for some black jeans.
>>
I literally couldn't give a shit what someone else thinks of what I wear.

I laugh at assholes who spend time every day trying to blend in with everyone else.

If I gotta wear shit that covers up my dick, ass, chest and balls, I'm gonna wear something that's a conversation piece.
>>
>>37069202
what kind of shorts do other nations wear?
>>
>>37071618

>I don't care
>which is why I made autistic, attention seeking post
>>
File: 1476645236764.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476645236764.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>37071596
Stop buying your clothes from amazon warehouse deals.
>>
>>37071532
>>37071557
Alright, thanks for the feedback

>>37071592
On another topic I'm still amazed by how there's literally a subreddit for everything
>>
>>37071636

Normal chino shorts that fit properly. Cargo shorts are for children and middle aged men whose wifes buy their clothes.
>>
>>37069845
they are just trendy. you're right that only women wear those shoes though
>>
>>37071640

Isn't this something you should be telling your mother?
>>
>>37069318

Well it must be pretty fucking subtle as no one has ever pointed it out to me, and even fans of the games I've work merch of have missed the references before, you stupid virgin fuck.
>>
>>37071639
>calls someone an autistic attention seeker
>posting in an r9k thread about what to wear to get attention
>>
>>37071683
If you can't control that anger to come up with some witty replies you may as well stop posting. It's not my fault you have bad taste in shoes.
>>
>>37070194
I've never seen a 6 year old or a limo driver cuffing their pants
just young people who smoke cigarettes and listen to mac demarco
>>
>>37071387
dunno where you live but bracelets are seen as really gay here. the belt looks a little too clean-cut and the cardigan seems small.

you look fine though. not like i dress that well
>>
>>37071387
Nice pants. You pass for sure, but get another belt that doesn't look like pure plastic
>>
>>37071734
Neither have I, that anon is just retarded.
>>
Does this shirt look fine? The sleeves are too fucking big though.
>>
>>37071804
Perfection, post more.
>>
>>37071782
I mean, it'd look a little weird for some of the older anons here. But most people here are underage or at least under 20 years old
>>
>>37071744
Northern part of France, on the coast. Yes, they do get perceived as gay on a general basis but I don't really care. It's about confidence maybe

The belt is still really clean, it's "nude" leather and will get really dark in a few years
For the cardigan I don't really understand why you're saying that but I'll take it if it's how you feel about it
>>
File: IMG_0399.jpg (733KB, 2308x1537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0399.jpg
733KB, 2308x1537px
>>37071830
Sorry forgot pic. Is there anyway I can fix the sleeves?
>>
File: belt_patina.jpg (281KB, 770x515px) Image search: [Google]
belt_patina.jpg
281KB, 770x515px
>>37071759
Oh believe me I wish it didn't. But only daily wear and sun exposure will make it look like I want it to look

This is how it should look like in a few years
>>
>>37071955
Well I'm not a big fan of short sleeves for shirts. If you really want to expose your arms, get a long sleeved one and roll them up.
But if you're dead serious about fixing it then yes, making things smaller is almost always possible
>>
>>37071877
>Northern part of France, on the coast.
in that case i take back what i said
>>
I wear a lot of shitty hiphop/cyberpunk stuff and I can tell it interests girls with a thing for weird guys but when they find out the guy is actually boring the effects wear off.
>>
>>37066853
I know I look like a lazy middle class hobo, but I couldnt give 2 shits of what others think of me because I don't spend enough time outside to give a fuck
>>
>>37072039
Like I have any way of knowing what you said since we're all anons
>>
>>37071554
Short-sleeved shirts are a no-no.
>>
>>37067728
the thing those guys all have careers and that is their 'dad in the park weekend bbq look'.
>>
File: 1347731973655.jpg (33KB, 368x348px) Image search: [Google]
1347731973655.jpg
33KB, 368x348px
>>37066983
>That's why the kids that "don't care what others think of me" and the kids that "don't care about fashion" are now adult virgins.
In my experience, those kids were always the most obsessed with appearances. I've been at a point in my life where I legitimately did not care what others thought about me, and that is a very dark place to be. Not trying to bring the mood down bit it's true.
>>
>>37071554
I know that bathroom
say hi to doug
>>
>>37066853
No, not virgin, just nonwhite
>>
>taking a picture of someone else in public (that's just minding their own business maybe having some fun) and mocking them
what a shallow cunt lmao
>>
>>37071957
But why didn't you just buy a belt that looks good right away when purchased instead? I don't get it.
>>
>>37071554
Don't wear dark blue shirts with dark blue jeans. Also, you have a very insecure body language. Get your hands out of your pockets when in public to start.

>>37071955
Better color combo but worse looking shirt.
>>
>>37071955
It's fine, leave the sleeves alone. In the future, invest in some long sleeved shirts, no pattern preferably. Post shoes.
>>
>>37072496
In the end natural patina looks better. It's kinda like buying a raw denim and fading it yourself over buying one artificially faded. It's a little bit spiritual but the choice is yours.
>>
>>37070994
This sounds easy and is probably a decent combination. Will try your advice senpai!
>>
File: crazy1.jpg?w=611.jpg (77KB, 413x594px) Image search: [Google]
crazy1.jpg?w=611.jpg
77KB, 413x594px
>>37066853
>tfw fat and dress like Michael Scott in pic related every day with a baseball cap or cargo shorts in the summer
>tfw neet with diagnosed autism so unable to pick up any potential negative social cues
>tfw bought three hawaiian shirts last week and enjoy wearing them when I go out to pick up food
>tfw reading this thread and realizing other virgin losers actually stress out about pieces of fabric that cover their nudity and keep them warm in the winter instead of spending that money on PC parts or games

Plebs, all of you. Real robots look like they just fell into the clearance rack at Walmart and wore whatever hit them in the face.
>>
post the /fa/ image already
>>
>>37067509
>white socks
>greatclips is bad

lmao you fucking virgin
>>
>>37067143
>Because he was an elite hacker and the government was after him.
I had a kid like that in my school too. He would spend all of his time drawing pokemon.
>>
I've always seen cargo pants as a huge "I have a concealed carry permit"
>>
>>37069763
>I don't get why you autists don't just dress like you care.

You haven't realized it yet, but you will. Everyone who complains about being a social autist not or having friends/gf, is that way by choice. They know that presenting themselves in a better way will increase their chances drastically, but they don't want to put in the effort to break their shitty routine. To make matters even worse, they get on here and complain about being in the exact position they chose to be.

Robots are more entitle than women and whine just as much as them
>>
>>37071660
Get your stereotypes ruifghtmy wife's son bought me my last pair of cargo shorts
>>
File: 11.jpg (4KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
4KB, 219x230px
>>37073282
>5'6
>4 inch penis
>born with facial deformity
>black

some people are just too fucked by the genetic lottery.
>>
>>37070742
i really would like to walk around with 3D printed fahsionable armour
>>
>>37066853
tfw you know people look at you with a sign of disgust and confusion
>black metal hoodie
>some metal shirt with a weird logo
>black jeans
>dark brown climbing boots
>long open hair
>full grown beard
>fat

desu i look pretty much like a 40 year old child molester even tho im just 22
>>
File: 1432677132001.jpg (56KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432677132001.jpg
56KB, 405x720px
>>37067509

there is absolutely nothing wrong with boxers.
>>
>>37066853
Why did he circle the sole subject of the photo?
>>
>>37073488
I remember meeting that guy.
>>
>>37073540
>going to cons
*snickers*
>>
>>37073387
I'm also black. I'll give you a deformity keeping you from being social though, but most people on here aren't deformed
>>
>>37071387
looks gay. sorry
>>
It kind of does, but not always. How you act makes a big difference too. I've gone out wearing video game shirts many times and its never a problem. Although the shirts fit well and I look like I work out frequently on top of having a really friendly, outgoing, and carefree vibe. Its the difference between being weird and eccentric. Weird stands out in a bad way, eccentric stand out in a good way.
>>
Definitely. I started dressing better and people started talking to me in class.
>>
>>37069306
White shirts, blue jeans. It goes well for casual wear, pro stuff, and can be acquired cheaply.

Can't go wrong with it senpai
>>
>>37066853
They hugely affect how your perceived but, contrary to what some fashionfags say, it is incredibly shallow and dressing well isn't actually a virtue.
>>
>>37074077
Hi Hank
>>
not at all really. if you're good looking how you dress isn't going to change that; if you're bad looking, how you dress isn't going to change that.

all that matters is your face, your hair, your body frame. clothes are irrelevant.
>>
File: 1493532577250.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1493532577250.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>37071724
>the validity of replying has an subjective quality threshold decided by me
>after engaging in very similar behaviour I can now stop, legitimised by my own criterion
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>37067042
It relates to how concerned they are about being accepted socially and in what class/how wealthy they are and what their personal fashion tastes are. If you think you can reliably deduce all the key aspects of somebody based on clothes alone then you're just being shallow.
>>
>>37066853
>ITT people who have no idea about fashion or clothes criticize other people who have no idea about fashion or clothes
>>
>>37072407
How is not caring what others think of you a particularly dark place to be? Seems pretty comfy to be free of such an anxiety.
>>
File: 1447367898223.png (96KB, 450x409px) Image search: [Google]
1447367898223.png
96KB, 450x409px
>>37074204
fashion is literally just a meme, who cares
>>
File: before-and-after-hands-down.jpg (467KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
before-and-after-hands-down.jpg
467KB, 1080x720px
It's not that hard to dress well faggots, next time you buy clothes, buy something that actually fit your body and buy it in soild color, don't go fucking full retard with it.
Menwears are a lot simpler then women, that's why you see them fucking around at the shopping mall so goddamn long
>>
>>37074126
Clothes do have an effect, clothes that fit well on an athlete bring more attention. I can say from experience that if you do leg day often and you wear slim fitting pants, girls notice.
>>
>tfw recently upgrade clothes
>skinny jeans (with rips so super cool)
>i roll them up so i look even cooler
>cool jacket
>normie t shirts with no gay graphic shit on them
>fake yeezys (they look cool as fuk)
>denim jacket (my virgin friend thinks only grills wear them)

jokes on him i got LAID for the first time 2 weeks ago because of my clothes
>>
>>37074155
>I pointed things in this post
>>
>>37074258
>he actually buys his own clothes
>he doesn't just have a mom or sister who buys him shit at Christmas because they're sick of seeing him wear the same clothes all the time
fucking normalfags I swear to God
>>
File: 1489077219566.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1489077219566.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>37074341
My mom sometime do buy clothes for me though, even i constantly tell her to stop.
>>
I wear athletic shorts and a hoodie (lions hoodie) everywhere I go. Is that autismo?
>>
>>37074382
Why are you complaining, you're being granted free assets.
>>
>>37067007

I'd buy a shirt that has the logo and the word Aperture. It's pretty subtle or at least not as obnoxious as that bag.
>>
I wear the same black hoodie, black basketball shorts, and sneakers everyday. People are so self absorbed I doubt they think much of it. Even if they do I don't care I'm comfy.
>>
File: incandescently angry pepe.png (448KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
incandescently angry pepe.png
448KB, 900x900px
>>37066853
>some judgy stacy bitch taking creeper shots and mocking a literal child as he takes a bus back from school

this one got me anons
>>
>>37066853
>>37075204
>do whatever you want, nobody else will care just b u :)
>omg look at this ugly virgin I've got to show everybody *click*
>>
File: a-nick-bateman-10.jpg (73KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
a-nick-bateman-10.jpg
73KB, 600x400px
its mostly just your face.
>>
>>37066853
Wear cargo shorts to the club
>>
>>37067509
>hanes plaid boxers
w-wait what???
>>
I usually wear plain clothes

Black jeans and all black plimsoll type trainers, like low top converses

Then I wear something like a grey, navy or brown t-shirt, jumper or hoodie.

If I wear different coloured jeans I have to wear something black on my torso and the same black trainers.

Am I autistic?
>>
>>37066912
Why would you let your mothers mistakes dictate you now?

That's not really fair for you
>>
File: 3883503-p-MULTIVIEW[1].jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3883503-p-MULTIVIEW[1].jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>37069227
oh snap crackle pop nigga
>>
>>37070336
what pants are these? I dress like this but replace those pants with jeans
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
>>37074334
>filename

orthogonal
>>
>>37067002
>judging people simply based on their appearance most of the time makes you the bad person
Hello, reddit.
There are seven BILLION people on earth. Any decent city can have MILLIONS. You really think you have time to sit and read MILLIONS of books or are you gonna look at the fucking cover?
>>
File: IMG_20150510_142151.jpg (646KB, 1312x1580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150510_142151.jpg
646KB, 1312x1580px
>>37076444

You have to come to terms with the fact people like that think pic related = all NBs
>>
>>37067728
They all look like pretty cool dudes.
>>
>>37069713
I was like that until I got some fucking awesome 5.11 shorts. They are some kind of casual/performance short. I'll have to check to see what it is exactly.
>>
>>37066983
>accuses others of autism shoes
>posts a nigga wearing skechers
>>
>>37066853

The backwards cap and the 3/4 baggies are the giveaway.
>>
>>37068769
>I'm a nigger
Boi.
Was that a seacrest?
Are you seacresting?
>>
>>37077693

They look like a textbook gathering of beta males. Perhaps that's why you found them so acceptable.
>>
Yup, recently started caring about how I dress and feel like I've opened up an entire new facet of my manhood to explore. Also notice a lot of shit wrong with other mens' outfits, and generally that 2/3 guys put zero effort into what they throw on in the morning. It takes pretty little effort to actually put together a decent wardrobe and look nice, but most people don't out in effort. Will probably give you a leg up with females as well.
>>
>>37067728
This style is called Casual for a reason faggot
>>
>>37079370

That's neither a style nor is it casual, unless you still live in the 00's or the Midwest
>>
File: 1494830651823.jpg (101KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1494830651823.jpg
101KB, 1080x1440px
i dress to cover up my ugliness
i probably look like a creep but getting laughed at for that is better than getting laughed at because of my face is a lot worse
>>
File: 1494790012043.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1494790012043.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>37079503
the fuck is wrong with me and my writing
im so sorry you had to see this
>>
File: smug-pepe.jpg (15KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
smug-pepe.jpg
15KB, 199x199px
>>37067571
>he bought into the stubble meme
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (674KB, 3000x1847px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
674KB, 3000x1847px
An understated problem I haven't seen mentioned yet is a velcro wallet.

It is the most pussy drying thing EVER. And no graphics on it, either. Get a real wallet anyone who still uses one.
>>
>>37073128
>Hawaiian shirts
My nigger.
I wear this one baggy as fuck Hawaiian shirt constantly, sometimes I see well-groomed normies give me confused looks. How drab it must be to be mortal.
>>
>>37067509
does this count as skater shoes
>>
I think it's just best if you avoid dressing like a

>neckbeard
>13 year old
>juggalo wigger
>r/mfa """"gentleman""""
>emo/hipster faggot

There's a wide array of looks a young man can pull off, you just have to be self aware. The neckbeard fashion stereotype rings true because a lot of guys with no fashion sense think that wearing a fedora will make them look classy while being oblivious to the fact that it looks like shit on them
>>
Fuck, this thread is the only thing you need to answer the question why you guys fail at life constantly.
You are delusional as hell and have a completely warped worldview. Even using terms like "autism shoes" is a complete giveaway that you have autism yourself.
>>
>>37066853
Once someone gave me $20 because they thought I looked homeless
Lmao
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>37066983
why do black people always do this with their money ?
>>
You don't know what you're talking about I see dudes with 5 dollar dad jeans and nu male graphic tees holding hands with cute women all the time.
>>
>>37079957

>posts pretty much the classic skate shoe of all time

Your autism aside, what anon means are those puffy DCs from the late 90's style skate shoes.
>>
>>37080295
>Even using terms like "autism shoes" is a complete giveaway that you have autism yourself.

t. severely autistic person triggered and lashing out with projection
>>
>>37066853
Well I wear jeans usually a dress shirt leather shoes and a leather jacket but I also have resting bitch face so people tend to ask me for drugs or if I want to do "illegal" work for them
>>
>>37068697
What the fuck are "subtle jeans"
>>
>>37069215
>>long goofy sports shorts
People are finally starting to catch on, first time I've ever heard these mentioned
>>
I wear a black trenchcoat, a backwards fitted baseball cap, a kmfdm xtort shirt, and sunglasses wherever I go. I fucking love all the scared looks I get from the normalfags
>>
>>37081553

You're confusing confusion and stifling mocking laughter with fear.
>>
>>37080951
No they don't you fag, you just wish they would because you think you dress like a villain from Walker, Texas Ranger
>>
File: 1490905273735.jpg (25KB, 496x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490905273735.jpg
25KB, 496x576px
>balding
>3/10
>broad showders/endomorphic figure
>mfw /fa/gbots tell me to groom myslef
Give me one reason why I should buy overpriced hipstertrash, that will inevitably have a shit fit and change nothing or get a haircut for 60 bucks. Dad jeans+plain t-shirt+hoodie/sweater+jacket/trench coat+spic barber is the only thing that makes sense.
>>
>>37066853

if chad wore the same outfit youd say hes hot and confident

its not the clothes that bother you its his body shape, hair, and face.
>>
>>37080650
because mentally most of them are still toddlers
>>
>>37071724
>bad taste in shoes
you sound like a tremendous homosexual regardless of how much pussy you have gotten. any man who seriously cares what kind of shoes any other male is wearing is a fag, no exceptions
>>
>>37066853
Most of my clothes are either hand me downs from my father, or clothes my parents bought me years ago. I really don't care what people think of the way I dress. I just wear whatever's available.
>>
>>37066853
I wear jeans and a hoodie 24/7,
I don't care what random normies think about someone they'll never see again.
>>
>>37067356
>you will never have a vodka and 2.5% milk-fueled orgy with a group of degenerate Russian teenagers
why go on
>>
>How do you think the way you dress affects the way you are perceived by other people, /r9k/?
Today I wore a black umbro windbreaker, jeans and sneakers. I'd say people don't really perceive me, as I look like an average joe
>>
>>37068752
>New balance sneakers are generally autism shoes unless you actually work out
The accuracy of this is absolutely terrifying. I was autismo squared until I ditched the NBs and got some proper shoes and a girlfriend.
>>
>>37067199
>be a guy
>want to carry stuff with me
>can't use a backpack as they might look childish/autistic and they also make my back sweat on longer walks
>can't use a messenger bag because its a "man-purse" or a "murse"
>can't use a satchel because I'd look like a fedoralord
What am I supposed to do? Carry my laptop to work in a fucking plastic grocery bag?

>>37066983
>thinking you need to get a haircut every month
What are you, a barber trying to get more business?
>>
>>37067356
>Russians are whi-
>>
>>37068022
>not getting your hair cut at the middle eastern barber shop that costs less and is the best in the city
They really know customer service. Most barber shops ran by white people have horrible customer service, roasties hired based on their looks with no experience and high prices.
>>
>>37069260
What are nice pants that aren't jeans? According to this thread they're not chinos
>>
>>37069334
>/fa/
He wants to dress like a normalfag, not like a 4chan user who is into fashion. All 4chan boards have users who are elitist and knowledgeable about the board's topic, but whose tastes in things related to the topic are not normalfag-tier at all.

>>37074092
He didn't specify t-shirts
>>
>>37072551
>Get your hands out of your pockets when in public to start
Dominant hand in pocket with the thumb out can make you look confident if your posture is good
>>
>>37070047
such tiny hands
>>
>>37067571
Why?
There's no law.
I've always shaved once or twice a week and never grown a beard and it's never done me any wrong.
>>
>>37066853
Well if you go out dressed like shit yeah, depends what you look like though. Only people with attractive faces get consistent compliments on their clothes.
>>
I consider my normalfag coworkers as people who dress normally? They all have had several gf's and are currently in long term relationships. If I dress like them will It be okay or do I have to go full autist like /fa/?
>>
I have one outfit but I have four different pairs of it and two pairs of boots that are the same color, am I autistic?
>>
>>37085819
>>37085819
Word of advice: /fa/ is good for general tips on menswear and streetwear, but do NOT try to imitate most of the outfits seen there. 90% of those pics are good for pictures and nothing else. They look trendy while standing in front of a mirror, but mixed in a crowd of normally-dressed people they stick out like a sore, cringey thumb.
>>
>>37085850
But will I be okay if I model my clothing after my normalfag coworkers? They're all roughly the same age/race/height/weight as me and are normalfags to the max. I work at an office with no real dress code
>>
>>37085912
How do they dress?

Originaola
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.