[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a real discussion about why the majority of humanity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 490
Thread images: 96

File: facade.gif (58KB, 320x380px) Image search: [Google]
facade.gif
58KB, 320x380px
Let's have a real discussion about why the majority of humanity believe it is acceptable to consume meat.

I'd really like to help people to change not just for ethical reasons, but for health and environmental reasons too.

So tell me robots why haven't you become a vegan yet?
>>
Why? Because i really just do not fucking care 2bh. I just dont care enough. If i was fat or out of shape maybe i would consider it as a last ditch resort to lose weight, but im pretty /fit/
>>
File: vkijo.jpg (67KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
vkijo.jpg
67KB, 960x960px
originally this senpai oWo
>>
>I'd really like to help people to change not just for ethical reasons, but for health and environmental reasons too.
Focus on one thing. Don't do this annoying thing where you move the goalposts.
>>
>>37063792
I want to become a vegan tho
>>
>>37063792

I'd like to, sadly I'm terribly lazy, but I managed to reduce the amount of meet I eat weekly in the last year.
>>
>>37063792
Too much hassle and I don't want to be dependent on artifical supplements.
>>
I like the taste and don't care about animals
>>
Humans are omnivores, dipshit. Also, does morality automatically make your diet healthy?
>>
grew up with it
like the taste
used to it
dont care
>>
File: veganmessage.jpg (28KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
veganmessage.jpg
28KB, 263x400px
>>37063848
Do you believe in any form of ethical actuality?

Do you wish for Humanity to live grow and prosper?
>>
>>37063792

The problem is torture of animals and mass-production of meat. Eating meat is human nature. There's nothing wrong with it. Problem is that we consume too much.
>>
>>37063854
What's with the halal slaughter?
>>
>>37063792

Prove the benefits first. Also, I torture animals for fun, nothing you say here will change that, so you better bring up some good points.
>>
>>37063792
Because I know I won't be living for a very long time. Meat's convinient. It has a good taste. If I cared for my life I would probably eat less meat, but not become a vegan. Even if I were to stop eating meat, that wouldn't affect all of the other people who eat meat.
So, because I don't care for my life and even if I did it would change nothing.
>>
File: v1.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>37063858
In any argument it is incredibly difficult to maintain just one singular point, especially when the ethical and the nutritional argument often are forced to overlap due to carnist fallacies.
>>
Meat is what brought us out of the trees. The search for meat is what made us human.
>>
>>37063792
I eat animals that wouldn't even exist had they not been bred for food.

Ethical concerns can be alleviated by choosing meat from known humane sources.

Humans evolved to eat meat.

Meat production is a massive industry and tens of thousands of people would lose their jobs if we stopped eating it, and the economy would be shattered.

It tastes fucking great.

Vegans are annoying and pushy and pissing them off is fun.
>>
The animals will be unhappy if we stop participating in the food chain. Animals have powers, especially in death, so don't disrespect them. Always do what they tell you, which is communicated telepathically.
>>
File: 1493239232576.jpg (179KB, 837x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493239232576.jpg
179KB, 837x1024px
>>37063792
I eat meat because I choose to.
>>
A good chunk of our diet in prehistoric times was meat, followed up by fruit and vegetables. This can be considered our ideal natural diet when you also combine it with cardio which we got a lot of. The problem is that we eat way to much processed sugar and carbs and we are sedentary. Veganism makes little sense in the long run as your calories are going to be made up of mostly garbage sources such as starches which can give you all sorts of problems over time. That or you eat lots of fruit which is filled in sugar which is also bad.
>>
>>37063977
What is healthy and what is ethical treatment of animals are two different arguments. Keep them seperate.
>>
File: 1494826148545.jpg (252KB, 1177x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1494826148545.jpg
252KB, 1177x1561px
best argument for this shit coming through
>PLANTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO
thats right faggot you literally cannot be ethically right
consuming anything is unethical youre ending life to sustain yours get fucked kid
>>
File: full frog.png (112KB, 575x507px) Image search: [Google]
full frog.png
112KB, 575x507px
What has a cow ever done for ME?
>>
File: Picture3.jpg (149KB, 1000x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Picture3.jpg
149KB, 1000x1214px
Choosing what you get to eat is a rich persons problem. I either eat whats there or i dont eat. You can be as virtuous as you like with your diet if you are privaliged enough to have control over it, the rest of us make do.
>>
>>37063854
>vegan STILL interrupting people in their own comics
Classic
>>
File: v2.jpg (269KB, 432x514px) Image search: [Google]
v2.jpg
269KB, 432x514px
>>37063862
What's stopping you friend?

>>37063886
That's a good start and every little difference is important.
It's really not too hard to make the transition once you learn how to eat effectively.

>>37063890
Vegans only NEED to supplement B12 which meat eaters are also commonly deficient in, this is because B12 comes from bacteria and other microbes in the soil, as we thorough wash our plants before consumption we miss out on that nutrient.

Furthermore cows chickens and pigs are are supplemented with B12.

>>37063907
Do you not believe in any ethical theory?

>>37063921
This is not true, I'd challenge you to name on physiological adaptation humans have made for eating meat. Even if this were true just because we CAN eat meat does not meat we are compelled to, it's obvious that meat consumption is not necessary so even if we were meant to eat it that is not a good enough reason to permit it.

>>37063928
Do you not believe in any ethical theory?
>>
being vegan is only doable if you basically are a plant yourself. what I am by that, is that you do nothing. you sit around and do nothing all day every day
those of us who work manual labor can't sit there and eat 4 pounds of plants and nuts on our lunch break to get the protein and calories we need.
>>
>>37064125
Placing human emotions on inhuman organisms is illogical. Besides, we already strive to making their deaths as painless as possible. Its a far better life for most than those who get eaten alive by wolves or other predators in the wild.
>>
>>37064125
If you ate veg without washing it them you would eat insects and other nasties all over it.
And that would be eating meat; killing those li'l critters just to get your vitamins. Sounds just as evil to me.
>>
>>37063792
>he thinks meat is unhealthy for you

This meme has ruined lives. Your heart can't function properly without animal protein.
>>
>>37064204
Insects don't make cute faces so it's okay anon
>>
>>37064125

Silly vegan, we humans live for ourselves, not for your imaginary ideals. We'll do whatever, eat whatever, fuck whatever, hurt whatever, as long as we aren't threatened. Discussion is pointless here because you couldn't possibly hope to bring us more pleasure with "moral" restraint than with perverse freedom.
>>
>>37064125
I once removed a tick from my dog and then fed it to him. Whats the ethical theory on that?
>>
My vegan friend fucked up his tooth in less than a year of becoming vegan.
>do you take calcium supplements man?
>uhhh no...
He always smells gross now because of his cooking and lost probably about 40 lbs. I personally don't find vegetables to be all that filling and I certainly don't enjoy eating enough to spend extra time doing it.
>>
>>37063982
This. It doesn't require that much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.

OP's problem is that they think their personal standards should be applied to everyone. You're a missionary.
>>
>>37063931
No. What sort of fucking stupid question is that?
>>
>>37063792
> I'd really like to help people to change not just for ethical reasons, but for health and environmental reasons too.

> Ethical reason
let me laugh xd i m not gonna change for an ethical reason, i don t care about wether or not it s good to kill animals

> environmental reason
i ll be already dead when there will be massive environemental problems

> health reason
Yeah maybe that one, i m overweigth, but you know i'd better eat meat and die young than being a vegan and live old, as food is one of the only thing i still enjoy in my life
>>
File: v3.png (1MB, 670x652px) Image search: [Google]
v3.png
1MB, 670x652px
>>37063934
Just because something is human nature does not mean that it is ethically reasonable to do it. In some cases murder and assault are human nature but we consider these things against the law. Stealing is also part of human nature.

I agree though cutting down drastically is the first step.

>>37063937
This is how pigs are commonly killed the other popular method is gassing. I'm not looking to fearmonger in this thread.

>>37063940
Does it not seem ridiculous that the person who does not kill unnecessarily has to prove his case over the one who does.
If you enjoy killing and eating animals and you do not believe it is wrong to murder, then I can only appeal to health and environmental benefits of veganism.
Simply put It is better for your personal health to not eat animals (You can still kill and torture them if you really like to).
If you might care for the elongation and prosperity of humanity; veganism will prevent the environmental damages caused thus far by excessive meat production and consumption

>>37063955
Why aren't you going to be living very long, I'm sorry to hear that.

I understand the claims to convenience but it is actually very easy to be a vegan now in the future, especially since it is become vastly more popular.

Yes if one person was vegan in a world of carnists it would be fairly insignificant, but obviously this is not the case, by not eating meat you help to save a lot of animals, not to mention the environment.

>>37063982
This is misconstrued fact, it is true that eating meat was a developmental stage of our development, however this was simply as a means for survival, as I have said it is not necessary for us to consume meat nowadays for survival therefore we ought to question why we continue to mass produce slaughter.
>>
File: 1494906542488.jpg (292KB, 647x3193px) Image search: [Google]
1494906542488.jpg
292KB, 647x3193px
>Were torturing animals

Fuck off, I bet you think nuclear energy is going to kill us all also.

The cow,chicken and the sheep have better under human protection than in the wild. We feed them and end them humanely unlike their natural predators,cold and hunger

I cant even fanthom how vegans believe in their "world is fair for everyone if it was for the meddling humans fantasy"
>>
>>37064125
>I'd challenge you to name on physiological adaptation humans have made for eating meat

the fucking pointy canine teeth in your mouth right now
>>
>>37063792

I don't give a shit if is it ethical or not. Happy?
>>
>>37063792
I like the way it tastes.
>>
The only ethical I thing I can do is not reproduce. By not reproducing I subject no more innocence to punishment by existence. Whatever exists now is guilty of existing and deserves whatever comes to it.

Sorry vegemen, I don't see about the future. Only what happens in the short amount of time I'll be alive.
>>
>>37064354

>Does it not seem ridiculous that the person who does not kill unnecessarily has to prove his case over the one who does

Well, duh, you're the one trying to get me to change. And you've just failed. No numbers, no scientific data, just a bunch of words. Gonna go and cook me a nice juicy steak
>>
>>37063792
Meat tastes good. I don't care about ethics or health.
>>
>>37064043
Why would prehistoric times be a good model for diet when they aren't a good model for anything else? Science has made a few advances in our understanding.
>>
File: v4.jpg (93KB, 303x360px) Image search: [Google]
v4.jpg
93KB, 303x360px
>>37063983
>I eat animals that wouldn't even exist had they not been bred for food.

Just because the animals existence is decided by the growth of the meat industry following the world wars does not mean that the suffering and pain alleviated. These animals have been given the right to live under constant suffering. You are trying to imply we somewhat gave these animals a gift by deciding to kill and eat them in vast numbers. It's an interesting point though nonetheless.

>Humans evolved to eat meat

I would ask you to name on physiological adaptation humans made to eat meat.
Even if this were true we do not require meat to survive OR live healthily.

Meat is in fact detrimental to our health and the leading cause of heart disease and diabetes in the western world.

>Meat production is a massive industry and tens of thousands of people would lose their jobs if we stopped eating it, and the economy would be shattered.

I'm sure most vegans agree that an immediate reversal on meat consumption is not realistic or desirable, the process will inevitably be slow.
Jobs will be created for the replacement foods. Farming vegetables, producing meat free alternative etc.

Agreeably small butchers will suffer, but I highly doubt everyone in the world will cease to eat meat, they would be able to charge more.

>It tastes fucking great

This is not an argument.

>Vegans are annoying and pushy and pissing them off is fun.

This is not an adequate reason to rape kill and torture 50 billion animals a year, as well as cause the death of thousands of humans to heart disease and some cancers.
>>
>>37064094
It's not a problem but a blessing. Why would you call it a problem?
>>
>>37064486
>when they aren't a good model for anything else?
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>37064490
blah blah blah who cares about the feelings of animals whose only purpose is to be turned into food?
>>
File: v5.jpg (47KB, 561x352px) Image search: [Google]
v5.jpg
47KB, 561x352px
>>37064163
This couldn't be more fallacious, you do not need to eat such vast quantities of food that it takes up your time. Plant based foods are far more nutrient dense than any meat alternatives.

You can test this for yourself on "Cronometer"

There are Vegan bodybuilders power lifters and athletes, do you think they find it hard to get enough protein.
>>
>>37064490
>This is not an argument.
Then neither are your cries of ethical treatment.
>This is not an adequate reason to rape kill and torture 50 billion animals a year, as well as cause the death of thousands of humans to heart disease and some cancers.
Yes it is.
>>
File: village.jpg (326KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
village.jpg
326KB, 1600x900px
>>37063792
1) it is healthy
2) it is nutritious
3) it is calorie dense
4) it is delicious
BAM! Four reasons to eat meat
>>
because it is naturally craved by humans and a small amount can be healthy. ethically and pragmatically it would make sense to not eat meat, because raising livestock is terribly inefficient compared to farming.

but you could never get people to stop eating it and in poorer countries it would make many people malnourished. not to mention such domesticated animals would not exist if we weren't eating them. I think it would be best to only raise livestock on open ground, so it is ethical and meat overall meat consumption is limited.
>>
>>37064572
the protein is what really matters. calories are calories, everything has that. plants and fruit ain't got shit for protein.

all vegan lifters not only look like shit, but they put up weak weight. they eat retarded amounts of shit, tons of soy protein powder, all that to look like a slightly buff asian boy.

eat meat or live like a plant/
>>
people would be much more satisfied and dignified if we subsisted on a diet of raw meat as our nature demands
>>
File: noob.png (106KB, 217x344px) Image search: [Google]
noob.png
106KB, 217x344px
>2015+2
>not using sunlight as your only nourishment
>>
>>37064625
maybe trying to look like an ape so you can hookup with stacy isn't the most important thing in the fucking world.
>>
>>37064670
>literally stealing energy from the universe
you unsensitive monster
>>
File: download (4).jpg (6KB, 349x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6KB, 349x144px
Okay faggots, stop being retarded and delusive. Stop trying to prove your morality or humanity or whatever here. This place is fully anonymous. You don't need excuses here, save them for real life. Admit to selfishness, indulgence and mercilessness. Our capability to excercise them is credit to our intelligence and power, so by sticking to shitty "morals" you admit to weakness and stupidity.
>>
>>37064125
>This is not true, I'd challenge you to name on physiological adaptation humans have made for eating meat.
The high protein levels present in meat is literally the reason prehistoric humans were able to grow such large brains. Without meat, we would literally be stupid hairy fucking apes.
>>
>>37063792
We are the apex predator. We have the right to eat animals because they're dumb and we're smart.
>inb4 you wouldn't eat a dog or cat
Yes I would, I like trying new and exotic foods.
>>
File: costanza max.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
costanza max.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>implying animals matter in any way possible
>implying its healthier not to eat meat
also fuck the environment, nice spooks. it completely doesnt matter if animals die
>>
>>37064694
it's not merciless for a lion to eat a lamb, it is nature
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (120KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
120KB, 640x496px
>2017
>not being a cyborg powered by electricity produced from a hydroelectric dam

How can you claim to be for the environment if you haven't even taken this step?
>>
>>37064704
>>37064724
that's not the point you retards. hurr we needed it to evolve so what we aren't evolving anymore. it's about sustainability and personal health, we aren't just some tribes living sparsely in the woods anymore, there's 7 billion humans most of whom don't even eat a lot of meat yet.
>>
A female vegan friend of mine told me that vegan mean are more easily placated, less aggressive, and less "masculine" as a general rule. She likes this about them, and says they are "much easier placated" as a whole. That alone is more than enough to stop me from ever being vegan. Most of my diet is fruit and vegetables, anyway.
>>
>>37064749
Damn right. People who hold stupid animals at the same regard as humans are mentally retarded.
>>
>>37064784
>name one reason why humans should eat meat
>n-no, I don't like that reason so it doesn't count!
>>
>>37064356
>vegans cant refute this

Naisu
>>
>>37064775
>wasting hydroelectric energy on your system functions
You are actually worse than the environment-hating carnivores.
>>
>>37064071
i agree with this and i just love to eat chicken.
>>
>>37064753

Nature itself is merciless. Self preservation is merciless, hunger, sexuality and territoriality are merciless too.
>>
>>37064672
being strong and eating healthy has nothing to do with being an ape man you plant like subhuman.

you need protein if you do any kind of real work. of course vegans know nothing of this, all they do is sit around and exist. like plants.
>>
>>37064863
Nature is indifferent
>>
Might makes right. I eat meat because I have that option and it doesn't damage my might in any way.

I care about people and animals that are a part of my immediate in-group, and I somewhat care about people who benefit my society if there's a sort of national camaradery that benefits everyone. Outside this criteria, death is only a good thing. Not in itself, that would be edgy-tier, but because pragmatically speaking surplus population being culled off is much better for the population than overnumbering their resources.

The only possible scenario in which I'd self-reflect or sacrifice anything is if some kind of worldwide eugenics program was adopted that would also impose limitations on everyone who has a worse effect on the world than myself.

But that's never going to happen, so fuck everyone else. The amount of people objectively worse than me is so great that there's nothing I can do in self-interest that would be bad for the world, other than attack people more intelligent and more productive than myself, and I'd never do that, because those people contribute to my well-being.
>>
>>37064899
Then why do I get such a hard on for rape? Why do I enjoy pouring alcohol over live wasps?
>>
>>37064889
But you can eat nuts for protein! Look! You need to consume 600 calories of cashews to get 30% of your daily protein requirements and 70% of your daily fat requirements, but it's so healthy!

In their defence, the modern age means you can chug down protein shakes and vitamins to fill in the gaps veganism would leave.
>>
>>37064784
I try to find truth in every ideology, even one as ludicrous as veganism. I understand some health or environmental arguments that vegans make, but citing ethics is fucking autismal because ethics don't apply to semi-sentient creatures.
>>
File: 1494945653736.png (324KB, 717x359px) Image search: [Google]
1494945653736.png
324KB, 717x359px
>2017
>not uploading your mind to your pc
It's like you guys DON'T want to play anime games in first person.
Inferior flesh sacks.
>>
>>37064929
childhood trauma probably
>>
File: v6.jpg (40KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
v6.jpg
40KB, 640x640px
>>37064286
>>37064326

There is nothing I could possibly say to make you want to change.

>>37064356
My opinion on nuclear energy is frankly irrelevant. I do not have any problems with it.

What you fail to grasp is even if they were killed humanely and somehow the dairy cows were raped humanely and the chickens were somehow genetically modified and injected with growth hormone humanely and the male chicks denied their life humanely, it would still all be unnecessary.

We do not need to consume animals, It is not healthy for us to do so.

>>37064381
Have you ever seen the mouth of a lion (Carnivore) or Bear (Omnivore), hell even chimps which are primarily plant eaters have gigantic canines that are far sharper and better suited to tearing and ripping off large chunks of flesh raw from an animal.

Do you ever even use your canines to rip meat, you can't, so we use knives and forks.

Our canines are rudimentary and blunt.

>>37064432
Do you care about your health or the future of humanity?

>>37064465
I am an entitled human and I think just because I like the taste of a juicy steak a cow should die.
I could gain far more nutritional benefits from eating alternative foods, but I really like the idea of heart disease and cancer.

>>37064472
I like you anon.
>>
>>37064929
You should ask yourself that. You realize that it is possible to not derive enjoyment from sadistic acts?
>>
>>37064927

I wish I had friends like you. Stay strong and survive.
>>
File: 1483950130716.png (327KB, 400x573px) Image search: [Google]
1483950130716.png
327KB, 400x573px
>>37064477
>>37064477
I'm going to link a few studies and papers about the link between cholesterol and atherosclerosis.

I'm sure you're smart enough to know that animal products are high in both cholesterol and saturated fat, these studies find strong relationships between these two and heart disease.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603726/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/313701
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16554528https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

As for the benefits of a vegan diet

http://www.eatrightpro.org/~/media/eatrightpro%20files/practice/position%20and%20practice%20papers/position%20papers/vegetarian-diet.ashx

If reading isn't your thing just look at the thousands of vegans who live long and healthy lives without touching meat or dairy
>>
>>37064784
>we aren't evolving anymore

lmao what my dude, evolution doesn't just stop

>there's 7 billion humans

And out of those humans, the ones that've only produced each other are only entitled to eating each other. No problem.

Us who have farmed our own fields and raised our own factories can eat anything we produce, they are entitled to nothing. That is fair. Anything else is a disaster.
>>
>>37064581
If you do not believe in ethics, you do not care about your health or the environment there is nothing I can say to you.

Please stop wasting my time.
>>
>veganism is good for the enviroment
>tfw livestock production in your country has decreased
>it was replaced by soy because it's good money
>now soils are getting wrecked everywhere because of overproduction of soy
The "it's good for the enviroment" argument would work if the people in charge actually cared about the enviroment. But they only care about money, and if they have to destroy entire fields to get it, they will. Small, enviroment-friendly farms can't compete, and most people can't grow their own food because it takes time or because they live in cities. It sucks, but the enviroment is going to get progressively more fucked anyways
>>
File: 1494215393555.gif (223KB, 350x340px) Image search: [Google]
1494215393555.gif
223KB, 350x340px
>>37064962
>that are far sharper and better suited to tearing and ripping off large chunks of flesh raw from an animal.
Yeah, we have tools for that. Humans have specifically evolved as tool users. That's why Homo Sapiens Sapiens for example is a fuck lot weaker than Homo Neanderthalensis, because that strength isn't required, it just takes more calories to maintain health and isn't all that useful thanks to tools and weapons.
>Do you ever even use your canines to rip meat, you can't, so we use knives and forks.
That's bullshit. I regularly bite into and tear meat into pieces with my front teeth.

>>37065004
>If you do not believe in ethics, you do not care about your health or the environment
That's a complete non-sequitur. Just because objective morality doesn't exist, doesn't mean I don't have a very much subjective value system. What is right and what is wrong are utterly irrelevant to that.
You must be underage, to have such simplistic, juvenile thinking.
>>
>>37064962
Humans bred the modern cow into existence. The purpose of a cow is literally to produce milk and meat for us to enjoy. What would you do with the cows? Release them into the wild where they don't belong? And alternative foods taste like ass. I'm not sorry to say that tempeh tastes like dry shit and tofu has no taste at all. Meat is delicious and there is nothing you can do to stop billions of people from enjoying it.
>>
File: v7.jpg (76KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
v7.jpg
76KB, 736x552px
>>37064094
If you have to eat meat to survive then it is ethically permissible,

If it is possible for you not to consume meat and animal products and you don't, you are a carnist and choose to be one.

I do not know your situation so I am not calling you out, although it do believe it is valuable for me to say I struggle for money and cannot always get by month to month by myself.

I still manage to remain vegan.
>>
>>37064964

What are you even trying to say? Are you trying to be a goodie-two-shoes and save a poor poor insect from the big evil me? You go ahead and analyze your thought, you need that more than me.

>>37064953

My father has only beaten me once with a belt on the ass. He's a scientific genius and diverts massive amounts of money, attention and effort to make me half as smart as him. My mother is pretty cool and we play boardgames sometimes. She has a humanities doctorate though, I don't like them much so I don't learn much from her. So, what childhood trauma? Selfishness came as naturally to me as breathing.
>>
>>37064931
Exactly. I can't sit around for 4 hours eating pounds of food. I want one piece of chicken, some broccoli or sweet potato, some cheese or yogurt, and a piece of fruit.

fuck eating 4 pounds of nuts and plants to barely meet the nutrition a teen age boy needs. I need 200g of protein a day. good luck getting that as a vegan.
>b-but soy powder!
yea enjoy that estrogen you wannabe tranny dipshit.
>>
>>37065096
>He answers back

ohh boy, IQ does regress back to the mean
>>
File: 1480993560019.jpg (61KB, 440x422px) Image search: [Google]
1480993560019.jpg
61KB, 440x422px
>>37064596
>1) it is healthy

Heart disease, cancer and diabetes are healthy?

>2) it is nutritious

You can see for yourself that all forms of meat are easily trumped for nutritional content by plant based alternatives.

You can see for yourself by using "Cronometer".

>3) it is calorie dense

Well done anon you got me there, unfortunately calorie density is totally irrelevant when you consider the content of the foods.

If I ate 3k calories a day of junk I would get fat, develop heart disease and diabetes.

When i eat 3k calories a day of plants and grains I do not gain any weight and feel full or energy.

>4) it is delicious

This is not an argument this is an opinon.
>>
>>37065082
That picture makes me want to hunt those animals for sport and not even use any of the materials of their bodies.

Might even salt the bodies and put some poison on it so no-one else can eat it and it takes longer to decompose.
>>
>>37065096
>What are you even trying to say?
What I said. I don't think I can imagine a simpler way of saying it.
Why you enjoy something is something you should ask yourself.
It is possible not to be a sadist. Sadism is generally considered a mental illness.
>>
>>37065169
>Heart disease, cancer and diabetes are healthy?
are you implying if you eat a moderate amount of meat you will no matter what get those diseases and if you eat only plants you never will get those?
>You can see for yourself that all forms of meat are easily trumped for nutritional content by plant based alternatives.
nope. unless you seriously think eating 2 pounds of broccoli for a meal is okay
>When i eat 3k calories a day of plants and grains I do nothing but sit around and eat plants all day due to the lack of any calories in anything I eat
ftfy

vegans are subhuman
>>
File: 1393944092330.jpg (43KB, 257x220px) Image search: [Google]
1393944092330.jpg
43KB, 257x220px
>>37065219
>Sadism is generally considered a mental illness.
No it's not, you retard.
>>
File: v8.jpg (43KB, 550x490px) Image search: [Google]
v8.jpg
43KB, 550x490px
>>37064601
The thing is Goats, Sheep and Cows would be extremely useful for use in resting crop areas where farming is not taking place.

We do not even give meat to starving communities in the 3rd world, we give them a form of peanutbutter as it is most calorie and nutrient dense.

If we turned all the areas for livestock into farmland for plants we could feed all these mouths easily.
>>
>>37065125
I love it when vegans recommend shitty alternatives that don't even come close to tasting like meat.
>>37065172
Fucking jej
>>
>>37065229
In addition to sadism, you also display some emotional instability.
>>
>>37065219

It is only suppressed by those who fear it. A victim should have no say in the decisions of the perpetrator. Modern society is filled to the brim with manipulative cowards. They are the "generality" you are talking about.
>>
File: 1393944042668.png (52KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1393944042668.png
52KB, 203x209px
>>37065252
Did you genuinely think sadism is a mental illness?
>>
>>37065052
You are lying.
Legumes are nitrogen-fixing. Farmers grow soy crops intermittently to fix soil, not destroy it. Learn2wiki
>>
File: slightlybuffasianboy.jpg (64KB, 640x306px) Image search: [Google]
slightlybuffasianboy.jpg
64KB, 640x306px
>>37064625
You've fallen for the muh protein meme

Humans really do not require large amounts of protein unless you are interested in extensive muscle growth.

Even if this were true vegan foods for protein are far more dense than meat anyway.
>>
>>37065317
>Humans really do not require large amounts of protein unless you are interested in extensive muscle growth.
So if you don't want to be some weak, effeminate bitch, you should eat meat. Got it.
>>
File: stream_img.jpg (70KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
stream_img.jpg
70KB, 680x381px
>>37064753
We are not lions we consider right and wrong and have the choice to act.
>>
File: 1490282590460.jpg (17KB, 417x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490282590460.jpg
17KB, 417x411px
>>37064939
If a Human was at the same level of consciousness of a cow and it was considered healthy to eat, would it be okay to do so?
>>
>>37065263
You can't really say who has a say. From my perspective, it is simply a sympton of a mind that isn't free of complexes. It is like people who hold grudges, and get jealous. I think these people should develop themselves.
>>
>>37065317
I'll say what I said in my last posts that none of you faggots can come up with a response to:

Meat alternatives taste like A S S
No amount of seasoning can fix the rancid taste of soybeans mushed together to look like meat. When will you pigfuckers learn that your meat alternatives are kryptonite for taste buds
>>
>>37065347

You're right, we aren't lions, we're lions on crack. Ours is the technology and limitless resource.
>>
>>37065169
Type II Diabetes is associated with a diet low in fat and high in carbs. That is the reverse of eating meat.
The association of highly processed meat (like SPAM) intake with cancer incidence is lower than being low in calcium or in exposure to the sun. Avoid SPAM? No cancer increase.
The Harvard meta-study demonstrated there is NO link between meat intake and increased heart disease risk. The separate Wellness study ALSO shows no correlation between meat intake and heart disease
>all forms of meat are easily trumped for nutritional content by plant based alternatives.
High-cost alternative that require unsustainable practices AND the consumption of MASSIVE volumes of food
>This is not an argument this is an opinon.
I didn't call it an argument, I called it a reason. Are you illiterate?
>>
File: 1388470654573.jpg (39KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1388470654573.jpg
39KB, 400x399px
>>37065376
Eating humans at their current level of consciousness is okay. Just watch the prions and hostile reactions from your surrounding humans.
>>
File: you know Im right.gif (1MB, 160x190px) Image search: [Google]
you know Im right.gif
1MB, 160x190px
>>37065317
>Humans really do not require large amounts of protein unless you are interested in extensive muscle growth.
Which is why hipsters are vegans - they don't like those icky muscles
>>
>>37065380

Mercy is only beneficial to the victim. All your psychological mumbo jumbo is just your way of trying to make me into a coward who won't care for himself, waste his life and possibly spare you in the future. You're doing the same thing as me, but through other means.
>>
File: 1490282711216.png (251KB, 439x588px) Image search: [Google]
1490282711216.png
251KB, 439x588px
>>37064704
You realise that Neurons can only use glucose as a fuel right?

You realise that Plant based foods and grains are the highest sources of glucose right?

Cooking Was More Important Than Meat for Brains

Cooking increases the net energy gained from food from 2 main routes. (1) It increases digestibility (the proportion of food that gets digested and absorbed). For instance cooking is estimated to increase the digestibility of starch in grains by around 30%. It also increases the digestibility of meat, by denaturing the protein. (2) It reduces the physiological costs of digesting our food - because cooking softens food, so it is easier to digest.
>>
>>37065347
You're not choosing, you are made a slave to your compassion. Meat is the human diet, despite what the corn farmers tell you.
>>
>>37065125
How does it feel to have the all the scientific grounding of a homeopathic quack or a paleofaggot?

You don't need 200g a day. Enjoy your broken kidneys at age 50, nigger.

Most research has found no benefit from intakes higher than 0.64g/lb, and no peer reviewed study has ever found a benefit from higher than 0.82g/lb (1.8g/kg) intakes. Of course you'll ignore this so you can continue to sperg out on /fit/.

26 sources listed here including 2 very recent studies. http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
File: 1432924796079.jpg (185KB, 1274x715px) Image search: [Google]
1432924796079.jpg
185KB, 1274x715px
I would burn the world to eat meat. I love eating meat, I love cooking meat, I love the smell of meat. I think we should treat animals humanely but I will never stop eating meat. Fuck the OP.
>>
>>37065449
You are a slave to your infantile urges. What do you accomplish by torturing a fly? You simply feel good. You relieve yourself of the pain caused by your complex.
I have no such complex, and so gain nothing from the act of torturing a fly.
>>
>>37065067
>Yeah, we have tools for that. Humans have specifically evolved as tool users. That's why Homo Sapiens Sapiens for example is a fuck lot weaker than Homo Neanderthalensis, because that strength isn't required, it just takes more calories to maintain health and isn't all that useful thanks to tools and weapons

You didn't really refute or challenge my claim more so than dance around the skirts of it.

>That's bullshit. I regularly bite into and tear meat into pieces with my front teeth.

You mean your incisors? right.

>If you do not believe in ethics, you do not care about your health or the environment

>That's a complete non-sequitur. Just because objective morality doesn't exist, doesn't mean I don't have a very much subjective value system.
What is right and what is wrong are utterly irrelevant to that.
You must be underage, to have such simplistic, juvenile thinkin

You completely took what I said out of context, I was simply saying that if you do not believe in ethics and you do not care about your health and you also do not care about the environment that I am unable to use any arguments to sway your opinion as you reject all my claims outright.
>>
>>37065513

Do you want to say that your life is pointless? By repressing your urges you're basically castrating your brain. Not sure if this counts as research, but I do better at tests and natsci when there's competition around to prove myself to.
>>
>>37065550
>You didn't really refute or challenge my claim more so than dance around the skirts of it.
Was your claim not that because humans do not have biological weapons similiar to other omnivores, that we are not omnivores? I refuted that claim by the simple truth that the Homo genus have been tool users for approximately 3.4 million years.
>You mean your incisors? right..
Incisors and canines both.
> was simply saying that if you do not believe in ethics and you do not care about your health and you also do not care about the environment that I am unable to use any arguments to sway your opinion as you reject all my claims outright.
Well yeah. Your "arguments" are appeals to emotion and to your personal subjective views on ethics.
>>
>>37065596
I'm sure you do better at tests when your motivation is greater.
You should look up neuroplasticity. This 'supressing urges' is a relic of the 19th and 20th pseudo-scientific psychology.
>>
>>37064962
>Do you ever even use your canines to rip meat, you can't, so we use knives and forks.

>take large bite
>pointy teeth help tear it up

Besides, nobody gives a shit about the cows dying but you. They're supposed to die, they have no other purpose
>>
What's your opinion on going out and killing deer?
>>
>>37065698
would be really cool
sadly i dont have any hunting friends
>>
>You're evil for killing animals !
Animals that WE BREED to kill and eat. There is no way there would be that many cows/pigs/chickens on Earth if we didn't breed and protect them.

Most wouldn't even be born if we didn't eat them, so why give a fuck?
>>
File: 1480730422350.jpg (57KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1480730422350.jpg
57KB, 361x691px
>>37065227
>are you implying if you eat a moderate amount of meat you will no matter what get those diseases and if you eat only plants you never will get those?

>Hurr if you only smoke one cigarrete a month it's healthy for you

Learn the difference between something having an unnoticeable negative effect and something being healthy.

A Vegan diet has been shown to reverse heart disease and diabetes so yes I claim you are extremely unlikely to get these diseases if you only eat plant based and grains.

>nope. unless you seriously think eating 2 pounds of broccoli for a meal is okay

There is far more variation in vegan foods than just 2 pounds of broccoli you are just being flippant.

If it was such a pain to be vegan why do so many people advocate and enjoy the diet.

>When i eat 3k calories a day of plants and grains I do nothing but sit around and eat plants all day due to the lack of any calories in anything I eat
>ftfy

When I also am able to run 2 times a day, work and enjoy my own leisure time. You are again just being flippant I do not spend a large period of time eating food.
>>
>>37065656

You're definitely right about Freud and Co. being pseudoscience, but they did spend their lives collecting data, even if it was empirical and imprecise.

I can tell you with certainty, my fantasies and acts feel way better to me than anything anyone else forces me to do.
>>
tl;dr we're evil for eating cows even though a bear would kill it in a far more painful manner
>>
>>37065317
no you truly do need it. and since I lift weights and work manual labor, I need 200g each and everyday.
if I was an feminine little boy like you, sure I could get by on like 70g a day.

>>37065486
I weight roughly 250. I go by .8 grams per pound of lean body mass.
200 may be much, but that's generally how things work out. I could lessen it but my lifts are strong, I don't feel sore, and my doctors can't find anything wrong with me so I think I'm good.

plus, I'd rather have to tone down my protein intake when I'm 50 and look good, then be some gross pasty yellow feminine little vegan bitch boy at age 50 who has good kidneys.
>>
>>37065764
Stop the fucking excuses. We don't need justification. Might makes right. The animals will suffer as much as our advantages and technology will require them to.
>>
>>37065754
Feeling good can describe many different states. As such it is very imprecise.
>>
Because I don't care about animals, they're tasty, and if eaten right can be fairly healthy.

>>37063982
Technically, meat is what made us hunter gatherers, agricultural techniques is what allowed us to settle down and create civilizations.
>>
File: 1494187066426.png (226KB, 880x882px) Image search: [Google]
1494187066426.png
226KB, 880x882px
>mfw I got a batch of chicken tendies ready to go and have lamb for din din

sucks to be a vegan fag. it really does. enjoy your moral high ground as you eat literal garbage
>>
>>37065812
i know we dont need justification. Fuck cows, and FUCK deer especially. If more people hunted them there'd probably be less car accidents around here
>>
>>37065817

Well, what feels objectively best for the objectively longest time?
>>
Know what's worse than a vegan or vegetarian? Someone who is forced to become a vegan or vegetarian.

My brother used to live pretty much off carbs. From pastas to pizza to junk food like doritos. Then he became a diabetic. So he went on a diet that was pretty much nothing but meat and veggies. Then he developed chronic gout, and his doctor said he is no longer allowed meat.

All he does now is eat salad and steamed vegatable, and he says he is miserable as fuck.
>>
wellp op
was this thread worth it?
did you get someone to be vegan?
or do you feel good now for trying atleast?
cant wait to have this thread again tomorow
>>
File: 1484121981644.jpg (38KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484121981644.jpg
38KB, 480x720px
I eat only veal. The younger and more tortured the baby cow, the better. Fuck all that vegan shit. Its even better when I get to kill the calf myself. Nothing better than eating a meal you raised yourself. You earned it. Glorious dead animal carcass.
>>
>>37064490
Humans are superior. The weak should fear the strong
>>
>>37065950
but that's not nice!
and being nice and virtue signaling is more important than living a healthy life!
>>
i'd prefer to not take 20 vitamins every day
>>
File: 1481582942792.jpg (308KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481582942792.jpg
308KB, 700x800px
>>37065622
>Was your claim not that because humans do not have biological weapons similiar to other omnivores, that we are not omnivores? I refuted that claim by the simple truth that the Homo genus have been tool users for approximately 3.4 million years.

Physiologically humans are not well adapted to eating meat, the only viable argument is the appendix which is of course easily refuted as it functions for plants as well as meat.

Atherosclerosis is a problem that only herbivorous animals can develop. Yet you wish to claim that we are not as such.

Why is Heart Disease the greatest killer in the western world if this isn't the case?

>Incisors and canines both.

You could not rip and tear large chunks of flesh from a live animal with your teeth.

>Well yeah. Your "arguments" are appeals to emotion and to your personal subjective views on ethics.

The Ethical argument is but one of 3 arguments I am making.

Of course the ethical one is the easiest to dispute but how many people who say they refute any kind of morality actually believe that way?
The Ethical angle is more so simply one of a double standard which is a logical argument.
>>
>>37064672
Fucking a woman is far more important than sparing some animals life.
>>
I'd really like to help people to change not just for ethical reasons, but for health and environmental reasons too.

health and environmental reasons are ethical reasons
>>
>>37065661
The entitlement of the human race knows no bounds.
>>
>>37065989
but bro popping 10 pills a day. drinking 3 cups of soy protein powder, and eating 7 bananas a day every day is totally healthy

doesn't my vibrant yellow skin show you how healthy I am? how about my non existent muscular system? or my glassy, dead looking eyes? us vegans are very healthy.
>>
For every animal you don't eat, I'm eating three.
>>
>>37065969
This guy gets it. Once my lazy ass passes the thursday exam I'm gonna sign up for some boxing. I'm so tired of being a weak ass piece of shit. I'm so fucking glad I fought that hobo and saw the light. Once I get every degree I need, the world is mine
>>
>>37065899
Let me just deconstruct your statement for you.
Feel good = I prefer one 'extended sensation or overall state of mind' over atleast 1 other 'extended sensation or overall state of mind'
Since a being cannot be knowledgable of every possible 'extended sensation or overall state of mind' available to them or conceivably available to beings, it is impossible for this being to know what would be its favorite 'extended sensation or overall state of mind'.
>>
>>37066016
Let me correct you, not fucking A woman, because there are shitty ones, but THE woman you want. That's more like it
>>
>>37066034
more like
>for every animal you don't eat, one is killed anyway because they aren't killed when you think you want a burger, but instead just killed all the time to meet the constant world wide demand
>>
>>37066022
Myth and not true

Vegan diets are considered the healthiest.

The only supplement required is b12 which meat eaters are frequently deficient in also.

>pic related

Vegan bodybuilder
>>
>>37066039
But then there's stuff on this planet you can do. No need to renounce your nature and shit in your life just because you can't get the highest pleasure in the universe
>>
>>37066071
Mean demmand eventually falls as more people become vegan.

Meat not being sold is money not being made by the industry so they have to make cuts.
>>
>>37064490
>rape

elaborate

???????? lol?
>>
>>37066079
>Vegan bodybuilder on roids
ftfy
and for being on roids, he looks like deflated shit. fuck, maybe that's a pic of him when he's off cycle.

bet his lifts are shit too.
>>
>>37064962
But there are tribes out there that actually eat raw meat though
>>
File: 1494765471259.png (80KB, 272x199px) Image search: [Google]
1494765471259.png
80KB, 272x199px
>>37064672
>caring about some farm animal you've never seen alive is more important than women

woah, so this is the power of veganism
>>
>>37065909
maybe once diabetes takes his feet he can go back to gout agitating foods
>>
>>37066117
Dairy cows are raped to produce a calf for the veal industry which is then ripped from her at birth, this process causes her to produce milk.
>>
>>37066107
>as more people become vegan.
pfffhahaha yea that'll happen. we'll move onto cheap protein sources like bugs long before the general public becomes vegan
enjoy "saving" all those cows by spending you entire life trying to get people to become unhealthy lunatics such as yourself.
>>
>>37064974
did you know that if you arent a sedentary fag then cholesterol and saturated fat literally arent bad for you at all
>>
>>37066020
We didn't get to be the dominant species by eating soy and crying whenever an animal died. Nobody cares
>>
>>37064962
>What you fail to grasp is even if they were killed humanely and somehow the dairy cows were raped humanely and the chickens were somehow genetically modified and injected with growth hormone humanely and the male chicks denied their life humanely,

They dont feel a thing

>it would still all be unnecessary.

Nah because we get more meat
>>
>>37066079

Bodybuilding is not that good. What I've heard is that a guy needs to be stronger, last longer, never die, never fear and put himself over all.
>>
>>37065169
meat doesnt really cause this

eating by itself is carcinogenics but you dont see people stopping that, do you?
>>
>>37066119
He is pretty much confirmed natty and compared to all the roid users in the body building and power lifting game he probably doesn't seem to lift as much.
>>
>>37066098
Nature is often used to describe the basest impulses in people. I think nature can be greater than that. We all have conflicting inclinations, I simply choose those that lead me to understanding, rather than those that dull my awareness.
>>
>>37065317
thats inferior protein, lacking important amino acids
>>
File: 1491580650264.png (221KB, 545x492px) Image search: [Google]
1491580650264.png
221KB, 545x492px
>>37066141
>Still thinks he has a chance with stacey

Beta roastie orbiter detected

You aren't a real robot unless you are a vegan
>>
>>37066174
>He is pretty much confirmed natty
so confirmed for fraud then? it's the bodybuilding world you dummy, ain't no such thing as "not on roids" when they are in any way well known.
and I just looked up his lifts. they're a fucking joke. high school kids lift more.

guess that's the power of veganism. being a weak teenage boy for life.
>>
>>37063792

Why haven't I done anything good for my life? I can't be fucked !
>>
>>37066145
Fucking whors probably deserved it
>>
File: 1480730018408.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1480730018408.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>37066146
>unhealthy

The benefit of your meat diet is you will die much younger so you wont be around soon to spout your unintelligible bullshit.

Some vegans are not opposed to the eating of bugs, muscles and oysters as there is a degree to them being autonomous stimuli reactors.

It's funny that veganism is a growing movement so you couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>37066079

I guess this man's never heard of carb loading. I'm digging the striations but he'd be so much fuller if he would just eat right. A few pieces of bacon and some donuts would do him good. Glycogen is a thing.
>>
>>37066145
boo fuckin hoo cry me a river
>>
File: 1480730803620.jpg (31KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
1480730803620.jpg
31KB, 573x609px
>>37066152
Did you actually read any of those studies

>but muh psuedoscience

>>37066158
>i'm an apex predator I'm specialised for killing I'm entitled to eat whatever I want.

You sound like a 16 year old girl there buddy, stick to your primal urges and instincts and you can join the rest of us in the developed world when you're ready.
>>
>>37066254
the benefit of my diet is not being an unhealthy sickly looking feminine little boy.
>Some vegans are not opposed to the eating of bugs, muscles and oysters as there is a degree to them being autonomous stimuli reactors.
lmao. "this living thing ain't alive because fuck it just let me eat something god damn it." vegans are a joke.
> veganism is a growing movement
so is cuckolding. doesn't mean it's a good thing nor will it last long.
only reason why vegans exist now is that meat eating men built a safe and comfy world for them to be feminine and worthless in. when the tough times come, you will be the first to go.
>>
Don't you idiots realize houses are oppressive. Stop living in houses.

You just know these fags are going to be the first people to claim our robot waifus are in humane
>>
File: 1488500582260.png (107KB, 283x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488500582260.png
107KB, 283x375px
>>37066001
>Physiologically humans are not well adapted to eating meat
Yes we are.
>the only viable argument is the appendix
No, it's not.
How about the fact that we can eat meat and receive plentiful nutrition from it? The digestive enzymes in our bodies?
How about the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs?
Human are well capable of eating both meat and plant matter, which is expectable, as we are an omnivorous species.
>Atherosclerosis is a problem that only herbivorous animals can develop
Objectively incorrect. Herbivores simply develop it far easier and faster, since their bodies are not suited for high-fat, high-cholesterol diets. Or are you telling me dogs are herbivores as well?
http://www.vetbook.org/wiki/dog/index.php?title=Atherosclerosis
>Why is Heart Disease the greatest killer in the western world if this isn't the case?
Because people move FAR too little and eat way too unhealthily. Most modern humans live sedentary lives, which our bodies are not evolved for. We are hunter-gatherers in our natural enviroments, which requires ample excercise and does not offer such high-fat, high-calorie diets as modern food does.
>You could not rip and tear large chunks of flesh from a live animal with your teeth.
Yeah, which is not at all necessary, since we are tool users. A human can however tear off suitably sized chunks of raw flesh off a dead animal, or piece of meat. If that doesn't work, he can use TOOLS to cut off pieces and then chew them. No issues eating meat, whatsoever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sWGpfcQnHk

>The Ethical argument is but one of 3 arguments I am making.
Yeah, one is health, which is irrelevant so long as you exercise and eat healthy, which requires less effort than a vegan diet.
The other is the blatant lie that humans are not suited for eating meat.
>>
File: 1480736744049.gif (1MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1480736744049.gif
1MB, 600x337px
>>37066159
>animals do not have a neural pathways, they do not experience pain

You heard it here first boys

>Eating meat makes killing animals necessary

Nice argument bro I can tell you really thought this one through.
>>
>>37066290
>Did you actually read any of those studies
It doesnt change the fact of what i said
>>
File: 1494551394166.jpg (142KB, 469x530px) Image search: [Google]
1494551394166.jpg
142KB, 469x530px
>>37066197
>he cares more for the well being of a mud covered pig on a farm miles away so he can argue on a anime forum rather than trying to gain strength

really activates my almonds
>>
>>37064694
this is true

/pol/, commies, vegans

all the moralfags that should have stuck to leddit
>>
File: 1488708467192.gif (404KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1488708467192.gif
404KB, 342x342px
>>37066172
Cancer is caused within the body so evidently it can happen irregardless of your environment.

However it is shown with mountains of scientific research that animal products are high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

It is also shown with mountains of scientific research that saturated fat and cholesterol are the ONLY risk factor in heart disease.

but

>meat doesn't really cause this

Glad you did your research anon.
>>
>>37064125
>This is not true, I'd challenge you to name on physiological adaptation humans have made for eating meat.

Lol what do you think humans in the wild ate dumbass? Nuts and berries and plants? Kek
>>
>>37066380
humans can subsist entirely on raw meat
a balanced diet is a lie propagated by industrial vegetable farmers
>>
>>37066377
>However it is shown with mountains of scientific research that animal products are high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

or you can ride a bike a little bit and eat as much saturated fat and cholesterol as you want :)
>>
File: 1492487518956.png (456KB, 1205x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492487518956.png
456KB, 1205x1200px
>>37066377
>irregardless

>meat doesn't really cause this
It doesn't, on its own. If you eat too many carrots you'll die. Likewise, you'll get water poisoning from chugging four gallons of otherwise healthy, and necessary water
>>
Why must we have this same shill thread every day. Veganfags can eat their autismal diet thanks to being privileged enough to be born when picky eating is a viable lifestyle. Meatfags can eat normally. Thanks to advances in medicine the health risks of each diet is better known and can be mitigated to a large degree.Every study I've read on meat vs no meat diets basically say in the discussion part that it's flawed because they didn't control for health consciousness behavior and lifestyle, so already we have huge bias in the no meats favor. In reality there is little difference between the two provided they actively exercise and have no nutritional deficits or preexisting conditions. I wonder why the studies aren't designed with this in mind.
>>
>>37066261
Sure you wouldn't mind if I raped your mom.

As she probably has the same mental state as a dairy cow, judging by your intelligence.
>>
>>37066436
thats a cow raping a cow, not any person

retard :)
>>
>>37066436
>humans are cows :^)

whoever got into your ear should be hanged
>>
Meat tastes good.

Gas the vegans, 14/88
>>
File: 1380344524977.png (219KB, 548x407px) Image search: [Google]
1380344524977.png
219KB, 548x407px
>>37063792
I love vegetables, but I love meat as well. Instead of taking supplements to make up the lack of nutrition that cutting meat out of my diet would cause, I'd rather just eat organic, unprocessed meat in moderation.

I have no issue cutting out particular meats that I don't like or don't find beneficial enough. However, since humans are omnivores, I see no reason cut either vegetables or meat out of my diet completely.

I only care about achieving the best results for myself using the least amount of effort, so I don't care about the "ethics".
>>
Why are we ethically obligated not to kill animals?
In human society, if a person does not respect the rights of another person (by committing crime), that person is stripped of their own rights, particularly to freedom but sometimes even their own life.
So if an animal by definition cannot respect the rights of humans, why should we extend rights to it?
>>
File: 1490775758476.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490775758476.png
24KB, 240x240px
>>37066315
Objectively incorrect. Herbivores simply develop it far easier and faster, since their bodies are not suited for high-fat, high-cholesterol diets. Or are you telling me dogs are herbivores as well?
http://www.vetbook.org/wiki/dog/index.php?title=Atherosclerosis

Here is the start of this article

Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) is a cardiovascular and fibroproliferative inflammatory disease commonly associated with age- and dietary-related factors in humans, but is relatively rare in dogs.

A breed predisposition has been reported in the Miniature Schnauzer[3], Doberman Pinscher, Labrador Retriever and Portuguese Water Dog[4].

So you agree that Herbivores develop it far easier and as we develop it extremely easily we are herbivores.

>Because people move FAR too little and eat way too unhealthily. Most modern humans live sedentary lives, which our bodies are not evolved for. We are hunter-gatherers in our natural enviroments, which requires ample excercise and does not offer such high-fat, high-calorie diets as modern food does.

Cholesterol and Saturated fat are shown to be the ONLY risk factor in Heart Disease, exercise does very little to reduce cholesterol levels.

You cannot gain cholesterol and saturated fat if you do not eat it, ergo if you are a vegan you cannot develop atherosclerosis.

>Yeah, one is health, which is irrelevant so long as you exercise and eat healthy, which requires less effort than a vegan diet.
The other is the blatant lie that humans are not suited for eating meat.

So it's completely fine to needlessly kill and eat meat because you can eat little enough of it that it becomes healthy to do so?
>>
>>37066554
>why should we extend rights to it?
Because we choose to. Ethics doesn't come into it.
>>
File: 1494901017387.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1494901017387.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>37066377
>cook and eat meat frequently with lots of veggies and carbs on my plate

>drink lots of water and exercise

>don't get cardiovascular disease or cancer

huh, crazy right?
>>
File: izuei7dj.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
izuei7dj.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>37066326
It would if you read them friend
>>
>>37063792

Because meat tastes good and the consequences don't concern me in the slightest
>>
>>37063792
The only real argument for veganism is resource conservation and efficiency of land use. The health benefits could also be an argument but they're not as irrefutable as the former arguments. Unfortunately, these solid arguments drowned out by muh animal feels, underming any chance at legitimacy to the public the vegan movement has.
>>
>>37066572
YOU choose to, not we choose to.
>>
File: souswha.png (171KB, 432x480px) Image search: [Google]
souswha.png
171KB, 432x480px
>>37066578
mfw you'll still have a much greater risk of heart disease and cancer, just because you like the taste of a needlessly slaughtered animal.

>b-but meat is good for you r-right?
>>
File: 1485377830771.jpg (60KB, 388x532px) Image search: [Google]
1485377830771.jpg
60KB, 388x532px
>>37066509
By claiming it's not okay to rape a human of same intelligence but it's okay to rape a cow is a double standard and logically inconsistent.
>>
>>37066627

No one cares you worthless weeb faggot. Do you have to shit up literally every thread?
>>
>>37066533
If you care about your health you will come to realise that their is no benefit to consuming animal products that does not come with a large unhealthy side effect.

It is very easy to eat a balanced and healthy vegan diet with no more cost.
>>
File: 1472032692518.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472032692518.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>37066627
>much greater
>>
File: 1419601217799.jpg (192KB, 1200x808px) Image search: [Google]
1419601217799.jpg
192KB, 1200x808px
>>37066566
>So you agree that Herbivores develop it far easier and as we develop it extremely easily we are herbivores.
No, that's a complete non-sequitur and ridiculously moving the goalposts. You claimed ONLY herbivores can develop atherosclerosis and I proved you wrong. Nevermind the fact that it's not EASY for humans to develop it. It takes decades of eating poorly and not exercising, or really fucking shit genetics.
>Cholesterol and Saturated fat are shown to be the ONLY risk factor in Heart Disease, exercise does very little to reduce cholesterol levels.
Excercise increases the amount of HDL cholesterol and helps you lose weight. Weight loss in general lowers the amount of cholesterol in your blood and excess weight increases it.
>Exercise has been shown to have positive impacts on the pathogenesis, symptomatology and physical fitness of individuals with dyslipidaemia, and to reduce cholesterol levels.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3906547/

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/exercise-to-lower-cholesterol

>You cannot gain cholesterol and saturated fat if you do not eat it, ergo if you are a vegan you cannot develop atherosclerosis.
You can't get in a car accident if you never go outside. I'd still rather not sit cooped up in a bunker for the rest of my life. If you eat healthy, don't smoke and in general try to live a well-balanced, active life with excercise, you will most likely not develop atherosclerosis. That's it.
>So it's completely fine to needlessly kill and eat meat because you can eat little enough of it that it becomes healthy to do so?
It's completely fine to kill and eat meat. Period.
>>
File: Utsu.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Utsu.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
>>37066682
>hurr ad hominem because i cannot refute content
>>
File: 1423027204834.jpg (268KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1423027204834.jpg
268KB, 816x816px
>>37066666
checked

weebs eternally BTFO
>>
>>37066612
"We" as in society. There's laws against the mistreatment of animals in quite a few countries, including the one I'm in.

>>37066700
>ad hominem
No it's not.
>>
>>37066650
people are not cows, to say they are is incorrect. I don't know why you feel like you have just sprung a trap. We have a social contract with in group humans, say one's mother, cows are outside of that protection.
>>
File: 1480730263737.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1480730263737.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>37066666
Wasted quints on this drivel

>Implying it's one person
>>
File: 1490732092722.png (252KB, 576x334px) Image search: [Google]
1490732092722.png
252KB, 576x334px
What is the point of this thread? It's not going to change anybody's mind, nobody is going to learn anything or listen to anybody.

Even if we did listen and understand each others viewpoints it's going to change nothing. It's such a pointless topic.
>>
>>37066713
You can't really rely on the collective "we" because the collective "we" has absolutely 0 problem with me eating a steak right now.
>>
>>37065237
we dont give third worlders meat, you dipshit, because they don't have the ability to store the fucking food. Peanut butter is so disgusting not even bacteria want it
>>
File: 1493443120733.jpg (23KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
1493443120733.jpg
23KB, 349x344px
>>37066700
>greentexting smug anime poster is getting mad when others point out his shitty arguments

woah
>>
File: 1398199230938.jpg (20KB, 160x283px) Image search: [Google]
1398199230938.jpg
20KB, 160x283px
>>37066742
I never said eating a steak is considered as mistreatment of animals. "We" as in society doesn't give a fuck about this vegan drivel. They're on the same level as half-insane street preachers, telling everyone they're going to hell for their sins.
>>
File: 1490274750442.png (59KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490274750442.png
59KB, 240x240px
>>37066697
>So you agree that Herbivores develop it far easier and as we develop it extremely easily we are herbivores.
>No, that's a complete non-sequitur and ridiculously moving the goalposts. You claimed ONLY herbivores can develop atherosclerosis and I proved you wrong. Nevermind the fact that it's not EASY for humans to develop it. It takes decades of eating poorly and not exercising, or really fucking shit genetics.

I was misinformed and I thank you for showing me different, however you went on to claim

>Herbivores simply develop it far easier and faster

If it is not relatively easy for humans to develop why is it that it is the biggest killer of the western world?

I'll take your claims that it is over consumption and a sedentary lifestyle.

You cite a study that shows that exercise as a solution to high levels of cholesterol, but you fail to grasp that there would not even be an issue of cholesterol if all diets were vegan.

You absolutely must admit that meat is inherently unhealthy.

You also refuse to discuss the ethical argument. I assume your claim is that ethics is a human construct and does not exist nor holds any meaning.

You can see though that meat consumption is unnecessary right?

I can tell you are smart enough to know this.
>>
>>37066145
>artificial insemination
>rape
wew lad
>>
File: 1480991927521.gif (571KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1480991927521.gif
571KB, 120x120px
>>37066765
>greentexting smug anime poster is getting mad when others point out his shitty arguments

>mfw relaying of a grammatical error is now an argument.
>>
File: 1480991121373s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480991121373s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>37066870
>implying the cow desires to be forcefed spunk and have its child ripped from it at birth
>>
>>37066875
I think he was disputing your claim that the risk is much greater. Much greater is perfectly fine grammatically, I would say.
>>
>>37063792
I don't care enough about the possible health benefits of veganism to stop for health reasons, and I don't care enough about the welfare of literal subhumans to stop for ethical reasons.
>>
File: 1490585583531.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1490585583531.png
263KB, 420x420px
>>37066875
>>mfw relaying of a grammatical error is now an argument.

>mfw he's implying things to fuel his retarded posts

a dumb anime poster. not very surprising
>>
>>37066908
There are literally no health benefits. These walking retards are going to get to 40 see a doctor and be told they have a shitty as fuck immune system.
>>
File: 1380095486466.jpg (48KB, 716x545px) Image search: [Google]
1380095486466.jpg
48KB, 716x545px
>>37066854
>If it is not relatively easy for humans to develop why is it that it is the biggest killer of the western world?
If you think the end-result of a life's worth of eating poorly and not exercising is "easy", then sure, it's easy.
>but you fail to grasp that there would not even be an issue of cholesterol if all diets were vegan.
No, I don't fail to grasp it. I simply don't care one bit about the people, who through their own lack of exercise and poor diets cause themselves heart disease. It's their fault entirely.
>You can see though that meat consumption is unnecessary right?
As are humans, the universe and existence itself. What necessity is there for anything? Do you claim your computer is necessary? This site? Do you know what damage the electricity production required to run your phone or computer and this site cause to the atmosphere and its ecosystems? What about the rare metals and plastic in the machine itself? Do you know how many animals die each year because of oil drilling and mining? How many people?
>>
File: Kazuma d.png (587KB, 734x723px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma d.png
587KB, 734x723px
>>37066890
>What is a free range farm?
>What is basic agriculture?
>believing that it is even remotely viable to remove a calf at birth if you want a well grown cow
>>
>>37066677
The downsides that come from consuming meat come from how it's cultivated, processed, and it's cooked, as well as what parts you get.

In the same way that I won't buy vegetables covered in pesticides and chock full of preservatives, before charring them on the grill to seal in the carcinogens; I also ensure to take the same level of caution with the meat I buy.

As with many things in life, meat can be healthy if done correctly.
>>
File: 1486163641767.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486163641767.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
>>37067068
>implying they want a full grown cow

The calfs taken from the dairy industry go straight into veal.
>>
What's the deal with fish, I always considered them meat but lately people tell me it's not considered meat. I always assumed it was healthy, as long as you aren't eating the mercury-ridden ones too frequently.
>>
>>37064354
Oy vey goym they gassed muh pigs remember the six gorrilion. Needless to say meat is not only necessary but tasty so unless you guys make some food that gives the same benefits has the same maybe i'll go vegan
>>
>>37064486
Because it represents peak natural fitness in regards to what food we adapted to eating.
>>
File: 7642dc0.jpg (66KB, 480x812px) Image search: [Google]
7642dc0.jpg
66KB, 480x812px
>>37065864
This honestly. I don't even think it's just human perception that cows' main purpose is to be cattle. What do they do? They just eat grass and reproduce. Cows don't build anything like beavers, muskrats, birds, or ants; cows don't look cool like sea creatures or raptors or whatever; cows are too stupid and large to fit into our lives as pets or service animals; cows can't be used to move things as efficiently as horses, donkeys, and mules.

Cows are best as food. So are chickens. So are pigs, although at least pigs can make good pets.

Fuck it man, humans are making the world their own and cows don't fit into it as anything other than food. Fuck cows. If we weren't eating them, drinking their milk for calcium, and using their hides as a durable and attractive crafting material, they would just be a giant unsustainable nuisance, so fuck 'em.
>>
>>37063982
It's escaping the search for meat that made us civilized
>>
Militant vegans are the most obnoxious fucking people

Yes I believe we as a society should reduce our consumption of meat for health and environmental reasons, but I can't change the business practices of big agriculture. What would we do with the hundreds of millions of domesticated cows and chickens if we suddenly stopped eating them anyway? The cost of managing their populations would be tremendous, and it's not like they're part of the native wilderness anyway.

Personally I only eat red meat sparingly, and poultry and fish during one meal 5 days a week. I limit how much processed food and refined sugar I consume.

In an ideal world we would all produce our own food either individually or in our immediate communities, but this isn't an ideal world. In the meantime I'll enjoy industrially sourced meat until I have the means to buy locally and sustainably, or hunt it myself.
>>
Is it immoral for the lion the hunt?
>>
>>37067793
No, domesticating animals is what made us civilized. So our civilization is truly based on the rape and enslavement of animals.
>>
>>37066890
>Implying cows don't want to be mothers
Stop applying human problems onto cows.
>>
>don't do thing I don't like
I don't like you breathing, so stop doing it.
>>
>>37064486
Because an animal would not evolve to eat a diet it would die from.
>>
>>37068134
No because it's an animal it doesn't know any better
>>
>>37063792
Naturaly grown, unprocessed meat is healthy and essental to life so what's with that picture?
do you honestly think that mcdonald's beef is the same as said healthy unprocessed meat?
>>
>>37068544
it's an obligate carnivore, if it knew better it would still hunt
>>
>>37064125
Canines you tard. Why would humans have canines if not to rip flesh apart? We would have cow teeth if we didn't evolve to eat meat.
>>
>>37068840
>He thinks itty bitty pointed teeth are comparable to the canines found in carnivores
Kek
>>
>>37069047
>he thinks having thin enamel on our itty bitty teeth means we're meant to chew through vegetable roots our entire lives

eat some raw flesh, you'll discover you have everything you need
>>
>>37063792
I'm not a vegan because I eat meat and use other animal products. Vegans don't do those things, therefore I am not vegan.

As human beings we are the apex predator on planet earth, if we want to eat it, we eat it. Meat is delicious, my diet is balanced, all is well for me. Animals have lots of other useful components that we can use too. We've been doing so for thousands of years. No reason to be stopping now.

Humans > Other Animals
>>
>>37069217
Or I could not and I'll still get everything I need without enormous amounts of fat, cholesterol, carcinogens and the risk of developing CHD, CVD, cancer, atherosclerosis, etc etc
>>
File: HxXaSg0.jpg (196KB, 980x649px) Image search: [Google]
HxXaSg0.jpg
196KB, 980x649px
>>37069047
How does this make you feel?

organ
>>
File: 8ITT5G0C0AK00025.jpg (140KB, 899x597px) Image search: [Google]
8ITT5G0C0AK00025.jpg
140KB, 899x597px
H[apksfkafva[[asfvasfv
>>
>>37069357
>it's the edgy carnie trying to trigger me the same way every other edgelord has tried to do before
top meme very upset
>>
>why the majority of humanity believe it is acceptable to consume meat.
Because it is.
Any argument to the contrary is holier-than-thou retardation.
>>
>>37069315
Do you need a house? Do you need a car? Couls you please stop using those things, they're bad for the environment and kill animals. You're basically stealing land from animals and its not humane. There is no reason you need a house or car or computer.
>>
>>37069402
>medical fact is holier-than-thou retardation
;)

>>37069437
>it's another "carnie misunderstands the meaning of veganism and looks retarded" episode
>>
>>37069397
Nope, just proof that humans can easily eat meat raw with their teeth because we have in fact evolved to do so.

When will you stupid meatlets ever learn?
>>
>>37069463
When was the last time you slaughtered an animal and ate the meat raw, anon?
>>
>>37069315
wow its almost as if having a balanced diet and exercising like a normal person can offset those effects you retard.
>>
>>37069457
The meaning of veganism is to be ethical to animals. Then how can you be ethical to animals while stealing their property.

Give me one good reason we as an advanced society should spread our houses to every environment in the world instead of living in giant mega cities?
You can't. Society itself is evil. Stop stealing land from animals you shitlord.
>medical fact
Wrong.
>>
>>37069503
Except it can't. Sedentary vegans have better arterial health than omnivorous marathon runners.
>>
>>37069457
>
except all of the studies that you sourced only showed a small increase of these medical risks between omnivores and vegans. Eating a balanced diet and exercising can once again offset these risks. Don't tell me you just sit on your ass all day?
>>
>>37069477
3 weeks ago, I went fishing and ate some raw.
When is the last time you have taken a sip of unfiltered water in Mexico? Does that mean its not perfectly natural for humans to drink water at all?
>>
>>37069542
How about cardiovascular health? Your heart? Physical endurance and strength? All studies show that vegan athletes score way below their omnivore counterparts.
>>
>>37069542
Are you fucking joking? This is the most retarded thing I've read.
>>
>>37069523
>Society itself is evil

Self serving, sure. Evil, fuck right off. Any animal in the wild would kill and eat you if it could, some would do so if they found you dead. Every species is self serving as fuck and only those of their own blood are important. Humans are no different, we're just better at it.
>>
>>37069477
You didn't disprove that anon's argument that humans can eat raw meat.
>>
>>37063792
Animals are not human. We are apex predators and the cycle of nature dictates that we are supreme. Put it this way: I would not be surprised if a superior species enslaved us; that is simply what nature intended.
>>
>>37069397
if you are discussing eating meat, then showing a culture that exclusively eats meat is relevant. If you think it's an attempt to trigger you don't engage in the discussion
>>
>>37069542
Do you have a study backing that up?
>>
>>37069545
I haven't linked anything. That's someone else.

>>37069562
>I went fishing and ate some raw
lmao

>When is the last time you have taken a sip of unfiltered water in Mexico? Does that mean its not perfectly natural for humans to drink water at all?
Not sure what you think your argument is here. I'm assuming you're implying that Mexican water is polluted. In which case how is that related to eating non-polluted meat? This is a shit analogy.

>>37069580
Oh, well then I'm sure you'll be happy to link those studies.

>>37069594
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696

Sorry to upset you. It's true.

>>37069606
Can doesn't mean it's suitable or optimal. I can feed my cat plants and it will survive on it. Doesn't mean it's suitable or optimal.

>>37069636
Okay edgefriend

>>37069640
Yes. See above.
>>
>>37069604
I was stepping into the mind a vegan. sprawling houses across the country are not a necessity, they are a luxury. However, this destroys environments. So according to the ethics of vegans building houses is wrong because if our enjoyment hurts other creatures we shouldn't do it according to them.
>>
>>37063792
veganism is retarded, humans > animals

but personally I just don't like much meat, it gets annoying when people ask if I'm a vegetarian

also red meat is bad for you
>>
>>37069673
>he's still acting retarded because he doesn't understand what veganism is

>>37069710
you're ignoring the health argument. there are two arguments for veganism, often people subscribe to both when vegan: the health argument and the ethical argument
>>
>>37069671
>C-reactive protein, blood pressure (BP), and carotid artery intima-media thickness were lower in the low-calorie low-protein vegan diet and runner groups than in the Western diet group (all p < 0.05)

Sounds like they're saying it's the same. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>37069671
>Not sure what you think your argument is here. I'm assuming you're implying that Mexican water is polluted. In which case how is that related to eating non-polluted meat? This is a shit analogy.
No dumb fucking tard.
The water in mexico is not polluted. The water in the Unites states is just filtered and clean. It is so clean that our bodies haven't developed an immunity to any natural contamination in water. This is why you bring water filters with you when you go camping, because drinking water straight from the stream will often get you sick unless its fresh.

How does this relate to meat? Well if I eat raw meat I will get sick because my body is not accustomed to it. Just like you would get sick if you drank water from Mexico. Does this mean that its not natural for humans to drink water? Not at all.
We cook our meat because we are civilized. We filter our water because we are civilized. This does not mean it is not natural to eat raw meat or drink water.
>>
>>37069736
>Sounds like they're saying it's the same. Fuck off retard.
Sedentary vegan carotid artery thickness: 0.56mm
Marathon runners running 48 miles per week over 21 years: 0.63mm
Sedentary western dieters: 0.74mm

Hmmm, yes. This is the exact same. My mistake.

>>37069799
>The water in the Unites states is just filtered and clean. It is so clean that our bodies haven't developed an immunity to any natural contamination in water.
lmfao okay mate
>>
File: 1480890204105.jpg (60KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
1480890204105.jpg
60KB, 510x427px
>the types of fat and the amount of cholesterol in the foods we eat affects our risk for heart disease

Holy shit, read a book you idiots.

At least the moral argument for veganism can potentially hold water.
>>
>>37069671
>Can doesn't mean it's suitable or optimal. I can feed my cat plants and it will survive on it. Doesn't mean it's suitable or optimal.
Just like how a vegan diet isn't suitable for anyone who doesn't live a sedentary lifestyle?
>Oh, well then I'm sure you'll be happy to link those studies.
http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0201/cf-e.htm
Here you are, and also any competent person can simply look at how all of the highest scoring athletes in the olympics, all of them eat a balanced diet and that the vegan athletes score ridiculously low.
>>
>>37065462
You do realize your body produces glucose from protein, right?

It doesn't have to, but it does all the time.
>>
I don't because I like consuming meat and dairy for my main protein source, eventhough 80% of my diet is veggies. Despite that, my health is way better than most vegans because I actually take care of myself through fitness and proper nutrition. Your health reason is null and void. Ethics are extremely subjective and are based upon the beliefs and values of the person. Mine do not align with yours. Your ethics argument is shit.
>>
>>37069832
>Holy shit, read a book you idiots.
I'd rather read a study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426

>>37069849
>Just like how a vegan diet isn't suitable for anyone who doesn't live a sedentary lifestyle?
Citation required

Skimmed the article but noticed it claims meat raises testosterone, which it doesn't.

>Here you are, and also any competent person can simply look at how all of the highest scoring athletes in the olympics, all of them eat a balanced diet and that the vegan athletes score ridiculously low.
Correlation isn't causation. Vegans are a small part of the population so it's not unreasonable to see them not represented or under-represented in tiny population groups.

Clarence0 on youtube is vegan and is extremely strong. Patrik Baboumian was a competition winning vegan strongman. They exist but as I said, low population leading to underepresentation
>>
>>37063792
I'll tell you why I'm not a vegan if you give me peer reviewed studies that show that eating any meat whatsoever is unhealthy.
>>
>>37066020
It's not entitlement unless you expect others to enforce it. If you maintain it yourself, it's just your reward for your work.
>>
>>37069956
Look in the thread then you spastic
>>
File: vegansbtfo.jpg (231KB, 664x1032px) Image search: [Google]
vegansbtfo.jpg
231KB, 664x1032px
>>37063854
If you're constantly shaming people who eat meat and present yourself as morally superior you are forcing your way of life

>>37069734
Vegans are often skinny and emaciated because they don't fill the nutritional requirements. The only way you can get around it is by buying more expensive food--and anyone that tells you that vegetables have more protein than eggs or meat is lying.

>but muh animal cruelty
Proper slaughtering procedures ensure minimal suffering to the animal, much less for animal byproducts (like eggs). If that really was your argument you wouldn't have a problem eating meat from an animal that just died of natural causes.
>>
>>37069947
>Correlation isn't causation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmhHXfJzFg
>>
>>37069990
>expecting me to read
>>
>>37069947
>Skimmed the article but noticed it claims meat raises testosterone, which it doesn't.
Proof?
>Clarence0 on youtube is vegan and is extremely strong. Patrik Baboumian was a competition winning vegan strongman. They exist but as I said, low population leading to underepresentation
And now you just point out the outliers? Show me proof that the average vegan is, not can, IS as physically fit as an average omnivore.
Also its rather sad that the only thing you pulled away from that article was the testosterone boosts, and none of the other HIGHLIGHTED talking points.
>>
>>37063854
>he doesn't know
As someone who's worked on a farm before I'll let you in on something, growing crops kills just as many animals as breeding and killing animals does. Farmland takes up habitable space and when they send the harvesters in they tear all of the animals in the farmland to shreds.
>>
>>37070002
>spanking breaks the non aggression principle

god damn it this faggot and the libertarians that support him
>>
>>37069999
>Vegans are often skinny and emaciated because they don't fill the nutritional requirements.
Citation required

>The only way you can get around it is by buying more expensive food
This too

>and anyone that tells you that vegetables have more protein than eggs or meat is lying.
Nobody said this. Are you one of these retards who thinks you need 200g of protein daily or you'll go catabolic?

>Proper slaughtering procedures ensure minimal suffering to the animal
Or you could just, you know, not slaughter it and get the same nutrients and minerals elsewhere without the negative shit like cholesterol, carcinogens, high saturated fats etc

>>37070018
>Wants studies
>Won't read
Genius right here

>>37070027
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf
Shows that vegans actually have higher testosterone and higher SHBG also

>And now you just point out the outliers?
Pointing out that it can be done, contrary to your claims. Most vegans aren't interested in being olympians or powerlifters

>Show me proof that the average vegan is, not can, IS as physically fit as an average omnivore.
Define fitness then

>and none of the other HIGHLIGHTED talking points.
There is literally nothing highlighted. It stupidly talks about protein sources like it actually matters and seems to conclude that WELL IT MUST BE THE TESTOSTERONE. If it had another point in there feel free to point it out.

>>37070067
>Forgetting that the animals used for slaughter need more farmland to be fed than humans do
>Forgetting that if we ended animal husbandry we'd be able to feed the world a plant based diet tomorrow
>>
>>37069825
Lmao okay m8 isn't an argument.

This is a well known fact. If you go to a poor country only drink bottled water. Never drink tap.
>>
>>37070250
>still talking about water in a thread about veganism
You're definitely winning your one-man debate though. Good job anon
>>
I don't give a fuck about animals on the whole. Neither does the rest of the human race. I don't see the point in fighting a losing battle.

I am not wholely convinced its healthy either, you need to take supplements for it to work, thats a fact. Even if it is healthier I still don't care. My diet is good and I'll probably die of lung cancer before I get heart disease anyway.
>>
>>37070120
Everything you've said is a lie
>>
>>37063792
It tastes nice and is quite a decent way to get what your body needs.

Frankly if it were possible to eat decent lab made meat i'd go for that.
>>
>>37070278
>I am not wholely convinced its healthy either, you need to take supplements for it to work, thats a fact
So do you. You just don't realise it. The animals you eat are supplemented with B12 because they can't get it either. You ingest this B12 when you eat them. You're being indirectly supplemented. B12 comes from bacteria which we find hard to get due to modern agriculture and water filtering.

>>37070283
>Science is a lie
It's okay buddy. You tried.
>>
>>37070120
>m-muh ethics
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/25/veganism.aspx
http://www.ourhenhouse.org/2013/02/the-ethical-arguments-against-ethical-veganism/
>Shows that vegans actually have higher testosterone and higher SHBG also
>Pointing out that it can be done, contrary to your claims. Most vegans aren't interested in being olympians or powerlifters
So vegans can be stronger, but choose to be weaker? Yeah fucking right buddy lmfao. Most vegans aren't interested in becoming olympians or powerlifters because they would neet to constantly be eating plates full of greens to get the same amount of protein in a steak.
>Define fitness then
Fitness: How well the body can carry out all functions specific to the individual at hand. Meaning that fitness between a track athlete, Quarterback, and sedentary man would all have different baselines.
By the way you're study would make a lot more sense if they said what type of men they tested. Did they all have similar lifestyles? How were they picked?
>>
File: 4654561651.png (96KB, 500x146px) Image search: [Google]
4654561651.png
96KB, 500x146px
>>37063792
To be fair, I totally agree that vegetarians are totally right and they absolutely hold the moral high-ground (veganism is debatable though).

Only reason I'm not a vegetarian is that I'm weak willed.
>>
>>37070276
its called a comparison you fucking moron, this anon is comparing how you said that humans weren't made to eat raw meat to how humans weren't made to drink unfiltered water. We need both to live well, but both of them require cleaning, but of course you know exactly the point this anon is trying to make, you just can't think of any good arguments.
>>
>>37069947
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
>abstract does not pertain to my point, nor does it refute it

You suck at this.
>>
>>37070307
Pretty much nothing you said was scientific fact. Especially the last bit.
You are the retard claiming you can drink tap water from third world countries and not pick up diseases
>>
>>37070350
>So vegans can be stronger, but choose to be weaker? Yeah fucking right buddy lmfao. Most vegans aren't interested in becoming olympians or powerlifters because they would neet to constantly be eating plates full of greens to get the same amount of protein in a steak.
This is the most retarded statement so far. You know that not everyone cares about picking things up and putting them down right? You know veganism isn't just plants right?

>How well the body can carry out all functions specific to the individual at hand
You know definitions are supposed to be specific and not broad right? You've defined nothing. If I'm a fat NEET that doesn't leave his room then I'm considered fit if I don't die and can walk to the bed under this definition.

>By the way you're study would make a lot more sense if they said what type of men they tested. Did they all have similar lifestyles? How were they picked?
It tells you this if you read the study. You're really not the brightest anon. You and water-anon are competing for the dumbest cunts in this thread and I think you're winning.

>>37070388
Look at him. Still going on about his shitty analogy.
>m-muh water

>>37070360
You are so much more respectable than every other faggot in this thread who is in denial and won't admit the only reason they eat meat is because they're weak.

>>37070423
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1534437

>>37070440
>You are the retard claiming you can drink tap water from third world countries and not pick up diseases
Strawman

>Especially the last bit.
Last bit of what you mongoloid. It was a long post. Stop expecting people to be the retard whisperer and divine what you're specifically talking about
>>
>>37063792
Animal products are nice for many reasons. I'm not going to make some animal's life better at my own expense unless it's some kind of domestic animal.
>>
>>37070360
>To be fair, I totally agree that vegetarians are totally right and they absolutely hold the moral high-ground
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/25/veganism.aspx
http://www.ourhenhouse.org/2013/02/the-ethical-arguments-against-ethical-veganism/
Keep on saying that psuedo-moral and ethics bullshit, maybe one day it'll be true.
>>
>Let's have a real discussion about why the majority of humanity believe it is acceptable to consume meat

Primarily because it is.

>I'd really like to help people to change not just for ethical reasons

Ethics and morals are tools of societal cohesion. They apply to nonhuman entities ONLY in how they could possibly impact us, not for the inhuman benefit alone. To believe otherwise and care for the "ethics" of animals is a misapplication of morality.

>but for health and environmental reasons too.
>health

- We could not sustain this many humans with this little land all year round on the array and amount of vegetation we'd need to survive compared to supplementing it with meat, throughout all of history.

- Anything high in saturated fats will contribute to heart disease in excess no matter the source, not just meat

>environmental

I guess technically we'd improve the environment by essentially starving a ton of people if we all went vegan. Though surely you don't think that it's actually good for the environment to constantly leach specific nutrients en masse from as much soil as possible to feed billions of humans, and funnel those nutrients all into a few species, do you? Oh right nitrogen would magically return on its own haha

>So tell me robots why haven't you become a vegan yet?

Because I'm not a utopian-minded idiot who cares too much about animals
>>
>>37070478
>It tells you this if you read the study. You're really not the brightest anon.
Where? Specific page and paragraph
>Look at him. Still going on about his shitty analogy.
How is it a shitty analogy dumbass? Show me how it doesn't make sense, oh wait you can't XD
>>
>>37065462
The brain uses ketone bodies as well you absolute retarded pleb. How much fruit and grains would there have been in the higher latitudes during the winter months? I wouldn't expect knowledge or anything resembling a good post from some animeposting brainlet vegan-sympathizing absolute faggot though
>>
>>37070478
>You know that not everyone cares about picking things up and putting them down right?
Yeah, but what about the people who actually take pride in their body and like being fit? Oh wait I guess you wouldn't know about that huh?
>You know veganism isn't just plants right?
Kek you're a fucking dumbass. A quick fucking google search defines veganism as someone who does not eat or use animal products.
>>
>>37070516
>Fuck animals*
>*Except the animals I like

>>37070553
>- Anything high in saturated fats will contribute to heart disease in excess no matter the source, not just meat
>Focusing solely on saturated fat, of which meat also happens to be one of the most concentrated sources
You're not willfully trying to be intellectually dishonest are you?

>>37070575
I've already explained it to him. He's still going on about it.

>Where? Specific page and paragraph
lmao you've never read a study or done a science experiment have you? But I know you haven't read the study at all. You probably scrolled down and just looked at the table and got triggered.

>Yeah, but what about the people who actually take pride in their body and like being fit?
What about them?

>Oh wait I guess you wouldn't know about that huh?
>ad hominem because he has no argument
I actually lift. I'm saying look at the proportion of the population that lifts seriously and then look at the population of vegans. It's natural to be under-represented

>Kek you're a fucking dumbass. A quick fucking google search defines veganism as someone who does not eat or use animal products.
>If you don't eat plants you must be eating meat
And I'm the dumbass. lmfao
>>
>>37070614
>>37070655
Bottom half is for you. I think you'd be too retarded to find my reply if you weren't pointed in the direction
>>
>>37070655
What, you want me to put some animals wellbeing over my own? Sorry, they're not that important to me.
>>
File: 1480038606365.png (434KB, 730x690px) Image search: [Google]
1480038606365.png
434KB, 730x690px
>>37070478
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1534437

Holy fucking shit dude, again. This does not refute what I am saying. You can't even read the actual article without a login, by the way.

The mixture of preachiness and downright ignorance of people like you is one of the reasons why vegans get such a bad rap. You are desperately scrabbling through random studies that will corroborate your obsolete knowledge of nutrition. I would respect you more if you were arguing for veganism from a moral perspective.
>>
>>37070721
>He's too retarded to realise that by avoiding eating meat and animal products he's actually improving his own wellbeing

>>37070722
Why does everything have to be spelled out for you people

>Meat contains cholesterol
>Dietary cholesterol raises blood serum cholesterol
>Higher cholesterol is unhealthy and kills you
Both articles support this.

>I would respect you more if you were arguing for veganism from a moral perspective.
>He pays others to slaughter animals because he's too cowardly to do so
>In doing so he eats things that kills him
>He's smug about this and thinks his respect is worth anything
Truly, I am missing out if your respect is not mine. :(
>>
>>37063792
cause i dont have blond hair like lisa simpson
>>
>>37070776
That's debatable at best.
>>
>>37070813
It's really not. Everything linked in this thread is telling you otherwise. But yeah, maybe science is debatable. No wonder there are 39035 different genders now, it was always debatable.
>>
>>37063792
I can digest lactose, which makes me think it's good for me. I feel lower on energy without any animal products.

Vegan diets were usually not chosen, only done out of scarcity.

I think vegans are trying to do the right thing, but I think eventually more people will choose to eat cultured meat/milk/eggs and avoid things from actual animals.
>>
>>37070655
Heart disease due to saturated fats is the primary gripe about health problems concerning meat, which is why I brought that up. Nuts, and various "healthy" plant oils are also high in saturated fats, and are touted as suitable replacements to meat products in cooking. All forms of saturated fats contribute to heart disease in excess.

>I don't understand the argument, he must be intellectually dishonest
>>
>>37070655
>I've already explained it to him. He's still going on about it.
No you didn't, all you did was call him a retard.
>lmao you've never read a study or done a science experiment have you? But I know you haven't read the study at all. You probably scrolled down and just looked at the table and got triggered.
So the study doesn't hold any information about the physical condition of the test subjects, if you were as smart as you claim pointing it out to an idiot like me shouldn't be a problem eh?
>What about them?
A vegan lifestyle isn't enough to support them, you need a heavy plate of greens to get the same protein content in a few chunks of beef.
>If you don't eat plants you must be eating meat.
In case you're dumbass it to stupid for basic reading comprehension, I've been arguing in favor of a a balanced diet, not only eating meat.
>I actually lift.
Nice, how are your stats and how long have you been training?
>>
>>37070833
>I'm right and you're wrong disregard the science that disagrees with my point of view.
Come on, please try and engage in a, "real discussion." There's no need to get so worked up.
>>
>>37070776
You're fucking point? You pay someone to tailor your suit because you're not skilled enough to do so. Autistic screeching is not an argument.
>>
I've always wondered why it's morally more justified to eat plants which were or still are alive in your mouth contrary to animals that are definitely dead, we grow and keep plants just to eat them, they can't run away, and we "harvest" them just like animals, they are very much alive

arguments: "Plants can't feel emotions"
->is it more morally justified if we drug the animals we eat so they become plants emotionally?

"Plants can't feel pain"
-> again, drugs? would it make it as good as plants because we kill emotions and pain with drugs their whole life? The answer is probably no

"it's more ecological etc etc better for the environment"
-> no, as soon as veggies start eating grass that argument is correct, but for as long as we don't eat our leftover vegetable waste and plants that are too dificult to digest for us, such as grass, more woods would have to be cut down just to cultivate our plant based diet, so less oxygen for us people to breathe in.
for the people who say we already have enough land, you're wrong. We're on the brink, of having FERTILE soil. (the kind where ancient woods grow)

In the end you simply have to accept it, you have to eat living things, whether it be animals or plants, it was once alive or is alive in your mouth. Deal with it. It's normal. Morally justifying eating plants over meat is ridiculous because that would rank plants below animals, plants are purely rational living things unlike irrational animals, which one is superior now, if you think about it?

tl;dr: doesn't matter what you eat it was alive anyway
>>
>>37070848
>Heart disease due to saturated fats is the primary gripe about health problems concerning meat
Really? I always hear that it's cholesterol

>I don't understand the argument, he must be intellectually dishonest
You're making an argument against something I've never said.

>>37070867
No one has posted science except me so far. One anon posted an article about MEAT GIVES TESTOSTERONE AND IS GOOD and I refuted that with a study.

>>37070855
>all you did was call him a retard
Scroll up

>So the study doesn't hold any information about the physical condition of the test subjects
It's a randomised trial dumbass. Are you trying to argue that heavy weight training in conjunction with a meat-based diet will give superior testosterone gains to a vegan diet doing the same thing?

>if you were as smart as you claim pointing it out to an idiot like me shouldn't be a problem eh?
>Spoonfeed me while I act like an idiot please :))

>you need a heavy plate of greens
>He still thinks you only eat greens on a vegan diet

>In case you're dumbass it to stupid for basic reading comprehension
>The irony

>I've been arguing in favor of a a balanced diet, not only eating meat
I don't care. A "balanced" diet including meat is still unhealthy. It's like doing cardio work to balance out a couple of cigarettes a day.

>Nice, how are your stats and how long have you been training?
About intermediate in exrx strength standards. Year and a bit.

>>37070898
>You need to be skilled to use a stunner and slit an animals throat or put a pneumatic charge through its skull whilst it's locked in a holding pen
Wow. Setting the bar real low for what skill is there, anon.
>>
File: 1479772981829.jpg (63KB, 424x430px) Image search: [Google]
1479772981829.jpg
63KB, 424x430px
shit's hard and I'm lazy dude.

That's all there is to it. I know I'd be healthier, I know it's morally the right thing to do, but I just can't stop myself because I'm a lazy piece of junk.
>>
>>37070999
>Nobody has posted anything that I don't want to see so far.
People have refuted the stuff you posted too so that's a double edged sword. Back to the original point, I just can't see any compelling reason why I should stop.
>>
>>37070909
Can any vegan or veggie please reply to this to help me understand their thinking of life hierarchy better?
>>
>>37071044
Refuting my studies requires posting studies. No one has done this. Simply saying "I don't agree with this" is not a refutation.
>>
File: 1352239510950.png (673B, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1352239510950.png
673B, 473x454px
>people complaining about how vegans are always interrupting them, accosting them, or harassing them about veganism
>when they specifically choose not to just scroll past the thread and instead decide to reply and get angry
I'm not even a vegan but it seems like people really over-exaggerate how annoying vegans are.
>>
>>37071062
I don't think any vegan is going to answer your question because it's obviously not a question you put any thought into or asked seriously.

t. meat eater who has seen "b-but plants are alive too" as a vegan-rebuttal too many times to count
>>
>>37069832
see

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603726/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/313701
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16554528https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
>>
File: 1481071315811.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481071315811.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>37071123
This is true, I just laughed at what he said there is no point bothering to reply to it.
>>
>all you did was call him a retard. Scroll up
>>37069825 Is this your so called argument?
>It's a randomised trial dumbass. Are you trying to argue that heavy weight training in conjunction with a meat-based diet will give superior testosterone gains to a vegan diet doing the same thing?
No you fucking idiot i'm arguing that a randomized trial doesn't account for averages. They didn't take vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores of the same body types for this study, the omnivores they took in could have been a whole lot fatter than the vegans they took in.
>I don't care. A "balanced" diet including meat is still unhealthy. It's like doing cardio work to balance out a couple of cigarettes a day.
And you called the water analogy retarded XD
>Wow. Setting the bar real low for what skill is there, anon.
I didn't say killing an animal took skill dumbass, I compared how you said that omnivores are too cowardly to kill animals themselves, therefore they should not eat meat to how if you are not skilled enough to make your own clothing, you should not wear them.
Also why haven't you responded to my arguments about ethics here >>37070350
>>
>>37071312
>He still hasn't read the study
>He doesn't realise it's adjusted for BMI
I'm not replying to you anymore. You're dumb. And I'm not saying that lightly. I mean you're either willfully ignorant or literally too dumb to read a simple study which contains all the information you keep expecting me to tell you.
>>
>>37071363
I saw that you retard, and BMI is bullshit. It doesn't account for body composition, if they had used fat calipers that would be a different story. Also you were going on and on about ethics and morals earlier, why don't you reply to >>37070350
>>
>>37066627
Everything gives you cancer. Your posts are giving me cancer, for example
>>
File: laughing sluts.jpg (65KB, 610x568px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts.jpg
65KB, 610x568px
>>37070776
Diet is not a good way to control the amount of cholesterol in your body. Some people who eat foods high in saturated fat have low cholesterol, some people who eat foods low in saturated fat have high cholesterol. Even still, total serum cholesterol is not much of a risk factor for heart disease. In fact, an inverse correlation has been observed.

What you're really repeating is mythology from Ancel Keys and food marketers.

>Meat contains cholesterol
>Dietary cholesterol raises blood serum cholesterol
>Higher cholesterol is unhealthy and kills you

Since you're so fond of studies, here is one that completely disproves your line of reasoning.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2824152/

I have raised animals, dickhead. And I only buy pastured/free-range organic meats. (the ultimate counterargument to vegan moralism)

>He's smug about this and thinks his respect is worth anything

Oh, I'm the smug one? Mr. "meat eaters are inferior, let me multiquote anons and spew erroneous bullshit about eating meat" is in charge of who's smug. OK.
>>
>>37066627
>mfw you'll still have a much greater risk of heart disease

Wrong.
>>
>>37071363
>I-I'm not going to reply because you're dumb, i-its not like I ran out of usable arguments or anything baka desu!
What happened to all the smug anime girls? They were the one thing that made your abhorrent "arguments" bearable.
>>
Name one reason I shouldn't eat meat when I want to.
>>
>>37071478
Epidemiological studies are unsuitable for determining heart disease risk due to the fact that they don't measure cholesterol at baseline.

>>37071555
You're confusing me with someone else. Holy shit have you gotten anything right this entire thread? I'm going to bed. Out of everyone I hope you keep eating meat. I hope you eat it all and die an early shit death
>>
>>37071090
Thats because you don't live in a city where these people will literally walk into steak houses and start screaming bloody murder.
>>
>>37066063
>he wants to pass on his genes to the mate he's instinctively found most suitable
yeah, fuck him and fuck evolution
>>
>>37066650
I think we can say assuredly and literally that cows are fucking subhuman
>>
>>37070909
This. They have no real arguments. If someone were to suggest genetic modification to make chickens and cows mindless zombies with no nerve ending they would still disprove.
To be a vegan ethically is to be a whiney bitch faggot.
>>
>>37071641
I live in Seattle. I have gone to steak houses here. It doesn't happen. What city do you live in and how many times has it specifically happened to you?
>>
>>37070999
>You need to be skilled to put seeds in a fucking hole
>You apparently don't need to be skilled to birth and raise a large group of animals
>>
File: 1684357762030.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1684357762030.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>37071250
OK

first link has nothing to do with what I said, unless you'd like to highlight a certain portion

second link is broken

third link doesn't disprove what i said

fourth link is just discussing other studies

fifth link is broken

You suck at this
>>
File: 121321441321.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
121321441321.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>37071633
>You're confusing me with someone else. Holy shit have you gotten anything right this entire thread? I'm going to bed. Out of everyone I hope you keep eating meat. I hope you eat it all and die an early shit death
Awww does big boy need a nap after a tiring day of arguing on the internet? Don't worry mommy will bring you a nice plate of carrot sticks, just make sure those carrot sticks weren't made on a farm or factory that destroyed habitats of poor animals to make.
>I hope you eat it all and die an early shit death
>getting so ass blasted that you hope I die
Huh looks like you really do need that nap
>>
>>37071633
>Epidemiological studies are unsuitable for determining heart disease risk due to the fact that they don't measure cholesterol at baseline.

OK, so now you're just making shit up.

>I'm going to bed.

Good, fuck off idiot.
>>
>>37070909
There are some plants that specifically want to be eaten as it helps spread their seeds. Some plants might have defense mechanisms, but to say that they suffer the same way animals do is a stretch. No animal wants to be eaten unless it's infected with a parasite or something.

Yes, plants can have reactions to things like being cut, and you are potentially harming life on some level by doing so which is why some people teach to only eat plants that want to be eaten like Jains. You still need to eat, and should attempt to minimize as much suffering while you do so.

Animals suffer more, they will scream and flail to get away from whatever is causing them pain. Plants will usually just have some kind of chemical reaction to protect themselves, it's more of an automated response. There is a big difference.
>>
File: EnricoPucci2.jpg (207KB, 1101x765px) Image search: [Google]
EnricoPucci2.jpg
207KB, 1101x765px
>>37063792
Do you believe in gravity?
>>
File: Life.gif (977KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Life.gif
977KB, 500x600px
I'm already a vegan now. I'm actually sitting here eating a spinach and mushroom burger now and washing it down with some Alpro soy milk.

For me beyond all the scientific evidence and ethical debate, the one defining evidence that humans should be existing through a plant-based diet is my bowel movements. I always used to wonder how primitive man got along without toilet paper, and now I understand. Since I became vegan all my poops are regular, twice a day, no straining, and always clean as a whistle. Every time I go to wipe, there is nothing there. It's just unnecessary now.

Good news is though, a vegan future at this point is not an issue of 'if', but rather 'when'. We're simply incapable of sustaining our population and our planet on animal-based diets. Animal agriculture is the source of all the real issues in the world right now, and more and more people are becoming aware.
>>
>>37072673
one cow can feed a whole family for weeks meanwhile it takes a field of plants for the same result, I know you're bait but still.
>>
>>37072720
And how many plants did it take to feed that cow to adulthood?
You don't think these things through do you.
>>
>>37071777
San Francisco.
Its happened once. But every time I leave I do anything food related they are always there. I see them from across the restaurant being annoying faggots. I hear them talking to their friends like annoying dick heads. Some of my relatives have become vegans and every single time we have dinner its vegan this vegan that.
Just fuck off and die.
>>
>>37072673
>implying
The reason we need toilet paper is because toilets aren't properly designed. You are supposed to squat when you shit, it makes everything much easier.
Whatever you're doing sound extremely unhealthy.
>>
>>37072885
>and how much land was taken from animals to grow all of the plants to support a vegan lifestyle for a small town,(not to mention the millions of people in cities, or the billions of people we would have to feed worldwide.) You don't think these things through do you?
>>
>>37072673
>We're simply incapable of sustaining our population and our planet on animal-based diets. Animal agriculture is the source of all the real issues in the world right now, and more and more people are becoming aware.
Name one issue
>inb4 global warming hoax.
>>
>>37072885
Very little. But while it was growing it was also producing milk for us.

I don't need a computer made by Chinses child slaves, i want one.
>>
Oh boy! it's a let me ask a stupid fucking question about people's preference thread!
>>
>>37064962
>It is not healthy for us to eat meat
Are you FUCKING retarded?
>>
>>37072989
Actually it's a verifiable fact that with the EXISTING cropland in the United States alone we could feed the entire world not once, but twice over, provided they were fed on a vegan diet.
Did you know that 80% of all crops currently grown go towards feeding livestock for later consumption? Did you know that the current number one threat to the environment is in fact the animal agricultural industry?
Sorry dude, you just don't have the facts.

>>37073048
>very little
You've never been to a farm have you? I've lived on two. If you think a 90lb calf can grow into a 1,500lb heffer on "very little food" you're either extremely ignorant or extremely stupid.
>>
>>37072987
Vegan diets aren't unhealthy though. I can absolutely promise you that as I am now I am healthier than the average soda-guzzling, chip-gorging omnivore. Fruit and veg for most people these day are something they force themselves to eat, but for vegans it's a normal meal. I actually get excited for cucumber and Violife sanwiches.
Veganism actually cured my facial acne and my chronic seborrheic dermatitis, and yeah, shitty omni diets do make your poos sloppy and messy.
>>
>>37069999
I don't understand the point of the attached image. Because a vegan died whilst climbing evidence that's supposed to be evidence that all vegans are unhealthy? Do you know how many people die on Everest every year, and all of them omnivores? Everest is graveyard at this stage, some of the corpses even serve as waymarkers for other climbers, like Green Boots.
>>
>>37073689
you know what your right! Lets force every company that uses animal based products to go out of business and destroy every factory that displaced animals from their habitat. The economic ruin and freedom of choice be damned, feelings matter more!
>>
File: 1220399952635.png (149KB, 299x320px) Image search: [Google]
1220399952635.png
149KB, 299x320px
>>37073832
>feelings

He's pretty deliberately stating here that there's a quantifiable cost to running our food production the way we do and that it would be far more rational, for a variety of reasons, to run it a different way. Sure there'd be some restructuring in terms of economics, but the profit at the end would be worth it, if only we could convince ourselves to get there.

If anyone is making a feelings-based argument here it's the people who want to eat meat because they want to eat it and are used to eating it, rather than defending the practice in a rational fashion.

Shit, even knocking down our meat consumption by half would be a huge benefit. More food available, less animal torture, less atherosclerosis (leading killer of Americans) and cancer and less attendant medical costs, while saving the environment, all at the minor cost of making some people get different jobs and making Americans really enjoy meat again instead of just expecting it for every single meal. Seems eminently sensible, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that your mom wouldn't know what else to cook, and is scared to find out.
>>
>>37073832
And you know your proposed alternative is? We continue the expansion of the animal agricultural industry, which is necessary by the way in order to 'feed' our continually growing population. We continue destroying all the woods, all the ancient forestry in order to create lots to house them, thousands of miles worth of cropland in order to feed them, to grow them, land to hold their waste, whilst the gasses these animals produce. Did you know that by the way? Number one producer of CO2 gasses isn't cars, isn't industry, it's cow farts? Did you know that? So whilst we're busy doing that, all the forests we've destroyed, all the land we've torn up, what happens to the animals that lived there? What, did you think they were empty? This is how we make species extinct. Do you know exactly why species extinction is such a bad thing? Do you understand that there is a cycle here, and that when the lifestyle and existence of one species is disrupted, it upsets all the others?

And we do all this, all to save some superficial businesses of some people who are willing to completely annihilate this planet and everything on it, all so you can have your bacon in the morning, and he can have his buck.

I'm not trying to insult you man but you really don't understand the first thing about this issue.
>>
>>37073988
>>37074008
ok you guys I like, instead of just insulting me and all other omnivores you actually give a rational argument. And you guys are right to an extent. Putting limits on how much meat could be produced would help a lot. But I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed not to have any meat in their diet. If someone raises an animal, kills it, and cooks it in a safe and humane manner, then why should they be seen as an enemy for it?
>>
>>37072673
>the one defining evidence that humans should be existing through a plant-based diet is my bowel movements.
Shitposting at a whole new level
>>
>>37063792
I think consuming an animal is secondary to an animal's products. Eggs, milk, honey, burden. and wool, are all useful for culinary and textile purposes. A dead animal provides; leather, silk, gelatin, bone ash, ivory, and so forth...

OP, animal activist lost touch with reality, just as major corporate meat producers like Tyson. Animals are invaluable, but I do agree, the current practice is unacceptable. I would rather eat an animal that is past it's prime than one specialized to be consumed, and at a higher price tag.
>>
Why do we keep bumping this shitty thread? Even the trap, bbc, and cuck threads are less annoying. Vegays are dumb children. They don't think so of course they can't be convinced. At least sage if you must post.
>>
>>37074416
this, I would be perfectly ok with some new laws on the animal industry, but not with getting rid of animal based produce all together.
>>
>>37074115
>and humane manner
There's about as such a thing as humane execution as there is humane rape though. You can't humanely take away the life of something that wants to live.

Vegans don't see you as the enemy though man, we see you as us, before we went vegan. We haven't always been like this, 3 years ago I used to start my day up by having a full English. Bacon, eggs, sausage, cheese, the lot. You have to try and understand that every single one of us go through this horrible tortuous process that is denial, anger, bargaining, depression and then finally acceptance, and it's the worst thing I've ever gone through in my life, but at least now the blinkers are off and I'm seeing all these industries for exactly what they are. How they torture animals and poison our planet and the people too, and manage to fool everybody into believing it's good for them. We see this and we desperately want to help people find what's really going on here, not because of some selfish desire to inflate our egos or anything like, but because we want to try and end the cycle altogether, because we can't ignore the suffering.

I mean I can only appeal to you from either one or two angles of three, which is animal welfare, environment, or personal health, and it's up to you which one you find most important and take it from there.
If you're REALLY interested in finding out why we come across as fanatical as we, then I recommend you watch one of these documentaries. Just give one of them a chance, please.

Cowspiracy - if you care more about environmental issues.

Forks over Knives - if you care more about issues of personal health

Earthlings - the animal welfare documentary. In the vegan sphere we call this the omnivore killer. I actually haven't met a single person that managed to watch all of this movie and didn't then go vegetarian or vegan later down the line. This documentary will break your heart and you'll never be able to look at the world the same way afterward.
>>
>>37074545
I only care about health, and there is nothing to suggest that a vegetarian fag diet is better than others healthy normal diet.
>>
>>37074716
You got Netflix? Seriously, watch Forks over Knives, it's on there.
>>
>>37063792
Fuck off vegancuck
it's our own choice to eat meat

and it's not like humans are omnivore or something
>>
>>37074733
It takes more than sci-fi bullshit to convince me. At least suggest a good anime if you're going to waste my time.
>>
>>37074545
I'll watch at least 1 of them to get a better understanding of your argument, but I really doubt i'll ever give up on meat.
>>
>>37074823
It's not sci-fi Anon, it's a documentary produced and directed by actual doctors, one of them being world-leading physician Dr Michael Greger.

>>37074883
I'm not trying to make you give up on meat, although ngl that would obviously delight me. Education and the spread of information is what's ultimately most important here though, and thanks. I hope you enjoy whichever one you pick, although obviously not Earthlings. If you enjoyed that I'd be concerned.
>>
Because OP, humans need this thing called vitamin B12 and yeah you're shitty leaves don't have that, so fuck off!
>>
>>37074929

I only care about real doctors. I don't have a world leading so I'm absolutely certain that nothing he or she has to say matters or has any basis in reality. The fact it's on Netflix is proof it's bullshit. Why couldn't he get his or her novel get past peer review? Why couldn't they afford real directors? All so very suspicious.
>>
>>37063792
Without meat I'd lose about 80% of my protein intake. And that's as a vegetarian. As a vegan I couldn't even eat eggs or drink milk, I'd have to eat so much more food to get the right amount of protein. It would legitimately be so much more unhealthy for me.
>>
>>37074969
Anon, you know no animal produces their own B12 right? What, you thought humans were some magically distinct species that is incapable of producing a folate that literally every other mammal on the planet does? B12 is a bacterium, and it's found in soil and ground water sources. When humans consume produce from the land, like all herbivorous species, we absorb B12.

Did you know that we've destroyed the top soil of our land to such a degree that all major livestock facilities actually inject their animals with B12, because otherwise people like you would be deficient. I get all my B12 from my fruit and veg, where do you get yours?

>yeah you're shitty leaves don't have that
This is so inaccurate it's not even funny, it's just sad, because they're literally do.
>>
>>37064034
dont be mad snake
>>
File: 2017-02-21-21-06-00-714.jpg (648KB, 1728x2592px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-21-21-06-00-714.jpg
648KB, 1728x2592px
>>37075039
It really wouldn't though. It's true that flesh is indeed an abundant source of protein, but it's specifically because of the fact that it's so abundant that makes it so terrible for you to consume, as it's also loaded with a whole load of other shit that are bodies are simply not designed to process in such large quantities, hence why red meat has been officially deigned a carcinogen.
I assume you already know that literally all food sources contain protein? It's really, really not that hard to get.
I get you though, because I'm a gymfag myself, but picture related is my body and although I'm not xboxhueg, mainly because I'm a climber and a runner, and I'd like to think that I'm not exactly what you'd call malnourished either.

You ought to look into oat and hemp protein smoothies. Toss in soy milk, chia seeds, peanut butter and optionally some chopped frozen fruit. Delicious.
>>
>>37075231

Cute, I'd love to have that moaning on the end of my big fat carnivorous dick. As a fellow gymfag you know the too much protein argument is bullshit. I eat lentils solely because of its macros, it's basically solid cows milk and tastes great with rice and onions. Unless your kidneys are shot there is no downside to taking 1g/lb bw.
>>
File: fugu.png (489KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
fugu.png
489KB, 600x411px
>>37063792
>1. Veganism isn't healthy. It's difficult to maintain a healthy diet and you become overly reliant of supplements. No veganism isn't healthier just because red meat is bad in large quantities, in fact it's worse because carbohydrates aren't as good for cognitive function as proteins and lipids, and starch-rich diets are linked to alzheimers.

2. I've never met a vegan who was a tolerable human being, which speaks volumes about the movement. If you're too pious for things like honey or goat milk, then you have next-level snowflake syndrome.

3. Vegans over-simplify the relationship people have with their food. Since antiquity humans have relied on things like meat to survive, and just because you pay for it instead of going out and choking out a cow doesn't mean you're automatically immoral. The only difference between buying a fish from a fishmonger and going to the shore to catch one myself is that I can spend a couple dollars to gain the choice of what kind of fish I eat and how quickly i can eat it.

4. haha nigga just chill out haha it's just food nigga eat a steak and relax haha
>>
>>37075231
>It really wouldn't though. It's true that flesh is indeed an abundant source of protein, but it's specifically because of the fact that it's so abundant that makes it so terrible for you to consume, as it's also loaded with a whole load of other shit that are bodies are simply not designed to process in such large quantities, hence why red meat has been officially deigned a carcinogen.
>he thinks red meat is the only form of meat there is
A chicken breast is richer in protein and healthier than anything you eat. As is a fucking egg. And any sort of fish.

You're skinny dude. Idk if that's your goal, if it is then that's fine, but you'd have so much more muscle on you if you regularly ate egg whites or chicken breast, and drank milk, or ate yogurt.

Just cause there's protein in all food doesn't mean there's enough to keep you healthy, unless you are eating fucking constantly. The foods highest in protein that you can eat are probably almonds, oats, broccoli, lentils, and peanuts. Those are all well and good, but the amount of protein in those compared to in meats and other foods produced by animals (any sort of dairy, or as I already said, eggs) is incomparable.

Also, you can never get too much protein. It's unbelievably good for you. And you could definitely stand to use some more...
>>
>>37075336
You're not a carnivore though. You don't die without meat consumption.
>>
Hello there crazy friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhoHwQ0cwIQ
>>
>>37075467
>if you regularly ate egg whites
Dude, health wise eggs are legitimately the worst of the lot. It's a fucking heart attack in a calcium shell. You know in the US it's actually illegal to advertise eggs as healthy on account of how fucking bad they are for you?

>or chicken breast
I won't pay other people to torture and execute animals for me just because it's convenient for my diet.

>drank milk, or ate yogurt
Why would I willingly consume the secretions of a pregnant bovine that's laden with pus, estrogens and growth hormones for baby cows? You never stopped to think about how weird it is that we're the only species on the planet that drinks the milk of another animal?

>And you could definitely stand to use some more...
You're deluded.
>>
>>37063792
well, it takes a shit ton of land to grow the food needed to raise the animals for meat and I know the population is rapidly increasing so I want to get as much cheap meat as I possibly can before it's all gone.
>>
If we could find an inexpensive way to raise them and remove the serious side effect, humans would be eating other humans.
>>
>>37075498

I'm an omnivore, basically a carnivore but even more badass. Im carnivore and omnivore. My dick is strictly carnivorous though, only the finest of pussy, boipucci, and girlpucci sate this appetite.

Carnivores don't die if they don't eat meat though, so I'm pretty sure you don't know what it means. That's OK, I still think you're sexy. Let's have gay sex. What do you weigh? Whoever is taller gets to top. Fair warning, I have marfans. I deserve to top because I die at 50 from dissecting aortic aneurysm.
>>
>>37075624
>carnivores don't die if they don't eat meat though
Yes, yes they do.
>>
>>37075551
>Dude, health wise eggs are legitimately the worst of the lot. It's a fucking heart attack in a calcium shell. You know in the US it's actually illegal to advertise eggs as healthy on account of how fucking bad they are for you?
confirmed retard.

>I won't pay other people to torture and execute animals for me just because it's convenient for my diet.
Convenient is an understatement, especially if you actually want to have any muscle on you, which right now it appears that you don't.

>Why would I willingly consume the secretions of a pregnant bovine that's laden with pus, estrogens and growth hormones for baby cows? You never stopped to think about how weird it is that we're the only species on the planet that drinks the milk of another animal?
Are you stupid? Because it's good for you. It's better for you in terms of protein than any of the veggies you eat. Also, you're above eating food that comes from another animal, but you're down to eat food that's literally grown in the shit of those same animals?

>You're deluded.
Dude, I got nothing against skinny people (I'm slim myself) but you're very skinny, and if you think you're muscular then you're the one who's deluded. I probably have the same amount of body fat as you and maybe way the same amount as you (I'm 5'9 though so idk) but my muscles are much bigger than yours and my body as a whole is much more defined. Again if you're going for the skinny look that's all well and good, but if you're going for the muscular look then I got bad news for you.
>>
File: 1486329360009.jpg (82KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1486329360009.jpg
82KB, 500x667px
>>37075551
Hey. Fuck you. Milk is amazing. If I could get human milk I would but the stingy cunts at milk banks won't sell to me for even $8 a gallon. Find a bitch to sell me milk and I don't even care if it's lower in brotein, I just want titty juice. I like lactation and vegan queers will never be able to enjoy the 'pus' and 'estrogen' laden beverage of perfection and happiness.
>>
>>37075671
>hurp durr stupid retard shit
No, no, you're wrong, no, no, no comma no comma comma wrong comma no no comma no wrong wrong

Wrong
>>
File: 1491892381154.png (128KB, 244x311px) Image search: [Google]
1491892381154.png
128KB, 244x311px
>It's a one faggot mass replies to every post in his thread episode
Wow, could've sworn I was on /pol/ for a second there.
>>
>>37075551
(he thinks eggs are bad for you)

Sorry man I know that words like 'cholesterol" are a complex science but eggs are damn fine for you.

Ever looked into actual carnivore lifestyle?

It's easy to find some good examples thanks to arctic explorers. Eating only animal product isn't some crazy disastrous thing, just like being vegan you need to just not be an idiot about it.
>>
>>37075897
>(he thinks eggs are bad for you)
this is the dead giveaway that the guys a moron
>>
>>37063792
You do realise that being a vegan is literally unhealthy and unnatural, and that humans CANNOT survive without consuming some form of animal products. I'm willing to bet that if you've been a vegan for more than a few years, you have to take vitamin B12 pills on a regular basis.

Humans also evolved to eat meat, being a vegetarian is fine (I've even considered being a vegetarian myself) because it's perfectly healthy and you still get animal products, but being a vegan isn't healthy, despite what people stuck in a fantasy bubble that relies on pseudoscience and anecdotal evidence believe.
>>
>>37064125
Maybe the fact that our intelligence and brain size directly correlates with eating meat? and the fact that we've been doing it for countless millennia.

Artificial, chemical foods are the problem, not meat. Lean, natural meat from a wild animal is healthier than a genetically modified piece of lettuce loaded with anti-bacterial chemicals.
>>
Good thing veganists are slowly killing themselves.
>>
>>37064071
Yeah but dumbass when the livestock eats the plants or corn then you eat the livestock while eating more plants as a side dish
Doesnt that mean you consume more plant than vegans
Why dont you stop eating livestock food then?
>>
>>37076965
Vegetarian for 6 years years here
Last year i tried veganisim
Could not walk up the stairs without struggle
Never trying veganisim again
>>
>>37076965
>and that humans CANNOT survive without consuming some form of animal products
That's not true though. I've been vegan since birth and I'm pretty sure that I'm not a corpse. Who the hell told you that humans are carnivores? Everything about physiology is herbivorous.

>you have to take vitamin B12 pills on a regular basis
lmao senpai you already take supplements, you just don't realise it. You know livestock are all injected with B12 because they're also deficient because we've destroyed our soil by over-agriculturalisation? You're probably more deficient than I am considering I get all my B12 from my fruit and veg that I don't wash.

>but being a vegan isn't healthy
Source.
>>
Vegetarians who do not supplement with creatine show steep cognitive decline compared to meat eaters.

Vegetarianism is child abuse.
>>
File: sasadasdas.png (19KB, 477x490px) Image search: [Google]
sasadasdas.png
19KB, 477x490px
>>37066020
We know where you live, mancow.
>>
File: IMG_7997.jpg (157KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7997.jpg
157KB, 800x430px
>>37077220
>source for being a vegan isn't (mentally) healthy
You, you fucking braindead vegan-faggot beta kukc-buttplug
If this is bait though 11/10
>>
File: hehasnostylehehasnograce.jpg (93KB, 640x583px) Image search: [Google]
hehasnostylehehasnograce.jpg
93KB, 640x583px
>>37068360
We wuz cowz n sheeeiit
Whitey pay us reparations
>>
File: 1486353049832.gif (281KB, 426x239px) Image search: [Google]
1486353049832.gif
281KB, 426x239px
>>37069947
>A study
Go neck yourself
>>
>>37077715
Why is every single one of your omnivore faggots think you're a nutritionist when it comes to veganism? You don't even understand where B12 originates tep fucking kok
>>
I almost met this girl on tinder once. Named Irena, seemed pretty cute, we started texting and exchanged instagrams. Cancelled th first date when she told me she was began, but kept following IG hoping for granola lewds or something sex related. Always just ranting about how much better of a person she is for not eating meat and cycling and #shelfies to make sure we all remember she can fucking read.
And every vegan I have ever met is about this fun. If we were in a shooting I would actively push other, normal folks aside to use a vegan as a human shield. The only thing that could elevate this experience for me is being able to push even more vegans into the fire while looking for my perfect, plaid wearing stick skinny human faggot shield.
Also someone ever prove the guy up top wrong about the tens of thousands of jobs we would lose and the huge hole we would see in the roomy without the meat industry?
>>
>>37063940

Lmao how does it feel being such a pathetic faggot
>>
File: 1472560400686.jpg (45KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
1472560400686.jpg
45KB, 960x685px
Replying to ebin bait thread
Any claim that veganism is obligatory is fucking retarded. Even if you claim that animals have an objective right to life that supercedes our right to substinence (not everyone in the world can afford your avocado diet hipster faggot) that doesnt make it encumbent on me not to eat them.
Then we get to the fucking crucial flaw in your 'argument' animals have feelings, therefore we shouldn't eat them. Why? Keep in mind its fallacious to derive an ought from an is. Even if animals have feelings, I dont give a fuck, if humans can create a sustainable ecosystem that can 'ethically' slaughter animals then why the fuck not. "Speciesism" is a good thing. Fuck Singerian ethics. The only plausible negative I see in meat eating is the over use of resources to keep it going. However a practical problem again doesnt correlate to an ethical perogative.

Go shove your half baked ideas up your own ass you fucking hispter uni student cunt
>>
I have, it's economically and environmentally much better for the world.
>>
>>37063792
It gives me pleasure knowing that my unsustainable lifestyle is encouraged, commonplace, and causing suffering and long term damage to the environment.
>>
File: LyboLC0.jpg (566KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LyboLC0.jpg
566KB, 849x1200px
Health reasons aside

Though if we all stop eating meat and animal products then those animals will have no reason to exist to begin with.
I doubt a lot of farmers will hold cattle just for the novelty of it.
If they stop being useful, they stop being used.

The animal lives you want to protect will simply cease to exist entirely.
What point would there be to breeding and holding them?
>>
I am the most important person so my needs and desires come first.
My feelings > facts > other people's feelings.
>>
>>37063792

I have no kids, I'm sterile, and over 30. I don't give a fuck about sustaining the environment, nor am I going to live long enough to it to negatively impact me.
>>
>>37071890
>OK, so now you're just making shit up.
Well you've exposed yourself as knowing nothing about nutritional science.
>>
>>37080592

Animal byproducts are still extremely useful. Plenty of animals would still exist for the purpose of getting these, the only difference is meat would be at a premium since I'm sure the occasional taboo hamburger would be consumed.

Then more cows would be farmed to supply this niche. Then it would become more accepted and more people would want meat again. Then more cows would be farmed to supply this niche.
>>
>>37080665
>m-muh fee-fees
>he probably complains when sjw's do the same exact shit

>>37081232
You're right, some animal byproducts are useful and probably even necessary for the foreseeable future. I don't agree with your idea that it will naturally lead to the result of eating meat again. If you ever went vegan for a period of time you'd realise that after a month or two you begin to feel sick at the thought of eating meat. It's literally a conditioned response to enjoy meat.
>>
>>37063792
>Let's have a real discussion about why the majority of humanity believe it is acceptable to consume meat.
>I'd really like to help people to change not just for ethical reasons, but for health and environmental reasons too.
I am vegan
I gotta sleep now but I hope there is some good discussion in this thread
>>
>>37081256

It really isn't. Your diet can just as easily go the other way, if you go full carnivore with a keto diet or the like and avoid vegetables and such because you are stupid. When you go back to eating them you are going to feel like shit and have diarrhea. Your body is a pretty sweet thing, it tries to get really good at processing whatever you shove down your throat hole, but it takes a bit for it to adjust.

Meat is enjoyable and we literally evolved to like it because it provides nutrients that are rare from plants. The same reason sugar and salt taste so fucking good. You can give me this horseshit about how that's conditioning too, but the actually accurate statement is we should consume these things in moderation. Since we evolved to subsist on smaller amounts than the metric shitton we enjoy in our current society.
>>
>>37081330
I'm not him, but why should we consume animal products in moderation, why consume them at all if there is no actual need to do so?

Is it being enjoyable really enough of a reason for you?
>>
It might be unethical to eat meat but that won't stop me

I realize it might have carcinogens in it or some shit but it's not as bad as cigarettes and some people smoke and live to be 100 so I will take the gamble
>>
>>37081372

Of course, the same reason I wear shoes made by children in some country I don't give a shit about. I can get well made comfortable shoes at a lower price than I could otherwise. The fact they are essentially slaves and their local economy has been fucked beyond belief is simply something I don't care about.

The same way you and virtually all self described vegans don't care about the amount of devastation you completely unreasonable, internationally supported diet causes almost as much suffering to animals and the environment as someone who eats nothing, but meat. Your diet requires fleets of trucks, warehouses, and other infrastructure to make your food choices viable ones.

All of my food is purchased locally from local farms and my back yard, sans the occasional McDonalds cheese burger I get when I work late or during the late winter. My diet is far more sustainable and eco friendly than you can over hope yours is, even if I do have a side of beef in the kitchen and slaughter the occasional chicken who helps my compost.

Just try not to think about how you support a trillion dollar industry so you can get yarrow root all year around.
>>
>>37063792
other animals would eat us and other animals if they could. eating meat, specifically cooking it, is part of the reason why we were able to evolve. meat is incredibly nutrient rich and sustaining and to be honest, nature is less moral than the nazis in how it conducts its business. reminder to not fall for the perfectly balanced ecosystem meme, it's been debunked for decades (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_nature). nature is always at a constant war against itself and our only goal should be to kill animals humanely not stop eating them entirely
>>
>>37081330
>Your body is a pretty sweet thing, it tries to get really good at processing whatever you shove down your throat hole

It's like we're omnivores or something.
>>
>>37081330
>When you go back to eating them you are going to feel like shit and have diarrhea
Years before I went vegan I was on a keto diet because I was a meat-only, fuck vegetables retard and never got that. But it also slightly misses my point, the THOUGHT of eating meat makes you sick. Especially red meat. My girlfriend who I got to turn vegan after a tonne of convincing (and who cried when I went vegan) now can't stand the sight of red meat either lol.

>it provides nutrients that are rare from plants
Which nutrients are those?

>we literally evolved to like it
How so? Even as a kid I hated bloody meat and the veins and shit in meat. If we've evolved to like meat why don't we have a natural urge to eat it raw? Why does eating it raw make us sick?

>>37081430
According to the Harvard Nurses Study the increased risk of all cause mortality from eating a single egg per day is equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes daily for (iirc) 20 years.
>>
>>37081513
>specifically cooking it
Very good. Unfortunately you went on to fuck up and call meat nutrient rich. Our brains grew due to cooking which lessened the time required for mastication and digestion. Meat contains nothing essential that can't be obtained elsewhere
>>
>>37081606
maybe I'm wrong but where else do you find as much protein and other complex nutrients per volume than meat? specifically in pre agricultural times. I would understand that in a modern world you could find substitutes for such things but our bodies and brains haven't really evolved for thousands of years so I can't really blame humans for having a pre disposition to meat. we're literally programmed to enjoy its texture, taste, smell and our digestive process that follows as well as the psychological elements that come with eating it
>>
>>37081709

That's completely untrue. It's not like there's literally thousands of vegan products in a billion dollar a year industry dedicated to emulating meat.
>>
>>37081709
>we're literally programmed to enjoy its texture, taste, smell and our digestive process that follows as well as the psychological elements that come with eating it
I honestly believe this is a bias

>maybe I'm wrong but where else do you find as much protein and other complex nutrients per volume than meat? specifically in pre agricultural times
Pre-agricultural times aren't something I know about. To me it's irrelevant because even though I admit that meat definitely helped us survive historically I maintain that it does not mean that it's suitable or healthy. Like Bear Grylls I can drink my own piss or get water from elephant shit to prevent dehydration but it doesn't mean it's suitable or healthy.

Protein requirements are quite low according to WHO at only about 60 grams per day. You can get a third of this simply by eating a single cup of lentils at only 230 calories. Even body builders and strength athletes only require 1.2g/kg bw according to some studies I've read.
>>
>>37075205
Snek*

>>37064073
Milk, tasty meat

>>37064962
>Someone has a preference
>REEEEEE
>>
>>37070909
no one has answered to this properly yet :/

>>37072011 this answer disregarded the "would it be okay to drug them into mindless painless zombies"
also, no plant "wants" to be eaten, they have no will as they are the ultimate rational being, they do have developed mechanisms to spread their offspring more if they are eaten. (such as birds pooping seeds all over the place)

>>37071123 this one just laughed it off as not serious

but I am serious
>>
>>37063937
halal or not, you need to drain the blood or it clots and is impossible to get out

t. killed a pig at home last year
>>
>>37082587
No one has answered it because it's dumb. People are talking about sentience, not being alive.
>>
Support grass feeding and ethical farms. Don't boycott biology.
>>
>>37082751
a drugged animal to the point where it's emotionless and being fed has lost "sentience" by general definition.

Does it make okay to eat animals once we start doing that?

also, how is it okay to eat a purely rational being over an irrational emotional one?
>>
>>37064254
>It doesn't require that much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf

Invade Canada when???
>>
>>37082854
>also, how is it okay to eat a purely rational being over an irrational emotional one?

You overemphasize the importance of rationalization. This is christfag tier.
>>
>>37082878
christfag tier doesn't apply rational thought;

this doesn't answer the question either
I'm just looking for an answer, nothing more
is it that hard?
>>
>>37082913
You misunderstood. Humans are not exempt from their dietary needs. If anything they should use their heightened intelligence to improve the quality of not only their food, but their environment.
>>
>>37082941
see first post linked all the way up, the environment argument is a joke. -> not enough fertile soil, use google.

one way to improve the quality would be to genetically mutate animals to yield more meat once it's grown, same with crops, we grow, kill, eat
>>
>>37082854
>a drugged animal to the point where it's emotionless and being fed has lost "sentience" by general definition.
>I have to drug it to put it on the same level as a plant, if it's even possible
Do you even realise how retarded you sound? Don't bother answering, I know you don't.
>>
>>37083033
I'm asking you if it would be okay to eat em if we could

grow kill eat this is the general rule of life

if not: why not?

if yes: why?
>>
>>37066890
>applying human drives and emotions onto the cow psyche
VEGANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS
>>
>>37083187
If you have to act to turn the animal into a vegetable then no, it's not morally or ethically acceptable to eat it. It's never healthy to eat an animal from a health stand point and drugging it would only make this worse. There is a reason why the meat industry is moving away from pumping animals with exogenous hormones and antibiotics; because it gets into your body when you eat the animal. This is the same reason why you get B12 when eating meat.

I'm not sure why you even think this is a good argument. It's honestly one of the worst I've ever seen and misses the point of veganism completely.
>>
>>37083266
>It's never healthy to eat an animal from a health stand point
Retard identified
>>
>>37063792
that image makes me think
why are humans so poorly evolved that food kills them?
>>
>>37083356
Well since you've clearly ignored all the studies posted so far tell everyone what makes meat healthy. What about it can you get naturally that you cannot get from a vegan diet? This is of course ignoring all the excess fat, cholesterol, carcinogens, pthalates, heterocyclic amines, contamination, etc that is found in meat but not in a vegan diet.
>>
>>37063792
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!
>>
>>37083412
If you want my actual opinion you're a bloody retard for arguing something nobody cares about.

1. Nobody wants your shitty vegan diet
2. All humans will die eventually and 98% of people would rather enjoy tasteful meat
3. There are plenty of things in life carcinogens and """""contamination""""" in them and the human body already fights against it - for example there are scientists that believe soot and """""contamination""""" in the air starting from the industrial revolution is the primary causation of increased cancer risk.
4. Fuck you nobody wants your fucking shitty ass food for christ sakes people have different values and any reasonable human being doesn't give ten fucks for losing a couple years off the end of their lives during the time in life that sucks the objective most. People with dementia do not care if their damned C A R N I S T diet is gonna end their lives a bit sooner.
>>
>>37083412
>What about it can you get naturally that you cannot get from a vegan diet?
B12? Are you ignoring that no vegan can survive without supllements?
>>
>>37063792
are you trying to imply there is some type of reason why i shouldn't be able to kill and eat meat?
>>
>>37083503
>If you want my actual opinion you're a bloody retard for arguing something nobody cares about.
Absolutely nobody wants your opinion, shut in virgin. Facts only.

>>37083520
>What about it can you get naturally
I deliberately wrote that because I knew that someone would say this. B12 isn't naturally found in meat. It's supplemented. In the same way that soy milk is generally supplemented with B12. You just don't know about it. Read the rest of my earlier post. Or read the posts I made 12 hours ago about this.
>>
>>37083545
lol ur a retard brb enjoying a juicy steak
>>
>>37083771
>not only does the neet pretend it can afford steak while living in its mothers basement but it also tries the same shit every other 15 year old has tried
I'd tell you to try harder but NEETs don't understand what it means to try. :(
>>
You know what really angers me about vegans. Its not about them making constant b8 threads on all my favourite imageboards since those can be easily filtered out, its not them causing more vegan options to be available on the store shelves since more choices for the consumer is always a good thing. I also like how they make conspiracy theories look good since their conspiracy theories usually turn out to be 100% true. No, what pisses me off is about how vegans spam this "If you're not a vegan, you only eat meat and nothing else!"-meme and the strawman heavy comics they always post.

polite sage, this thread is on its way out already
>>
I just don't care. Like many environmental issues, the ethical dilemma behind it will be rendered obsolete in a few decades by emerging technologies, and so the effort required to drastically change society to bring it in-line with ethical standards of our most kind citizens while we wait for this technology just isn't worth the trouble. Animal husbandry is expensive and requires a lot of human intervention, even in industrialized countries, but people want to eat meat, because it tastes good. We'll have cheap, vat grown, computer-managed, 100% machine-harvested meat before we as a society have scraped together enough compassion to stop slaughtering animals, and enough austerity to deny ourselves the pleasure of eating them. And although I feel some degree of guilt for that, there are more pressing concerns in my life.
>>
It was a long time since I was here the last time.
What's up with those vegan fag posters? Is it a new meme?
>>
>>37064250
How does cooking vegan make you smell gross?
>>
i would like to eat ur meat
>>
>>37064496
>I would ask you to name on physiological adaptation humans made to eat meat.
>>
>>37083902
Every couple weeks there's a new set of topics from the shitposting rotation. For a month you'll see BLACKED threads making up 20% of the board, for the next month it's "don't you guys get vagina envy?". They eventually reuse topics.
>>
>>37084291

>whats a physiological adaptation humans made to eat avacados

>whats a physiological adaptation humans made to eat gummie bears

>whats a physiological adaptation humans made to eat waffles

we dont have physiological adaptations for any specific foods. we have physiological adaptations to process the nutrients contained in foods.
>>
I like eggs and milk too much to stop besides I don't eat meat everyday, at max two meals a week? I'm mostly living off pasta though.

It's much better to eat meat in moderation versus eating it daily. Also we only have one guaranteed life I'll eat all the chickens I want.

Speaking of which, that sounds great for dinner.
>>
>>37084040
You have the obviously much worse gases, but aside from that, one of the many metabolic disorders one racks up by going vegan without a degree in medicine would also potentially cause body odor changes.
>>
>would really like to become vegan
>milk is in everything
>allergic to soy and lots of vegan products seem to have soy
>veggies I buy go bad before I get around to eating them
>unskilled at cooking food
>lift and eat a lot of eggs and chicken for my protein, not sure what i'd do without chicken and eggs

can you suggest a high protein vegan thing you can just have lying around forever until you decide to eat it? like pickled eggs
>>
>>37085027
Dude, go vegetarian if anything. Veganism is dumb unless you are so die hard about your beliefs that you're willing to live an unhealthy lifestyle for them, in which case good for you. But this guy trying to act like veganism is healthier for you in any way is a fucking moron.
>>
>>37085027
Broccoli
Lentils
Any form of green vegetation
hell cereals and grains have a decent amount of protein in them

Literally anything you can eat contains a nice amount of protein.

the amount of protein you need is far smaller than the meme police tell you.
>>
>>37064356
I love how he is ignoring how the is different for different people, so it is more difficult for some to lose weight.

Not fair. Not acceptable.
>>
>>37085413
Dude, you're being dishonest with him and it's going to trick him into losing a lot of muscle mass
>>
>>37063792
>vegan
I can kind of understand vegetarianism but if society were to fall you would not be able to survive as a vegan
>>
>>37063792

End animal torture, cook and eat vegans
>>
Because I crave meat
>>
I wonder what long pig tastes liek
>>
Vegans should be allowed to be vegans.
We will run out of resources if everyone keeps eating meat.
Vegans are saving the rest of us and are doing it voluntarily by eating shitty food.
So, yes, I approve of vegans.
Everyone, become vegan!
>>
>>37083862
>this thread is on its way out already
>already
Buddy, it's over 400 replies old. Already is not the right word.

>"If you're not a vegan, you only eat meat and nothing else!"-meme
Nobody says this

>the strawman heavy comics they always post
They aren't strawmen; they're apt observational comedy.
>>
>>37085096
>Post studies showing veganism is better for you
>LOL GET A LOAD OF THIS RETARD
I didn't realise /r9k/ was anti-science
Thread posts: 490
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.