[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever had food poisoning? This is the worst I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 312x312px
Have any of you ever had food poisoning? This is the worst I've ever felt. When does it stop? What do I do?
>>
No because I cook food properly and clean my hands with handwash after handling raw food.
>>
>>37054273
Good for you. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Fuck
>>
Stay hydrated. Get some gatorade/powerade or whatever, not just water. Once the vomiting subsides, don't move back to solid food immediately. Go for stuff like chicken/veggie/beef stock or something, and when you can keep that down, maybe very light soups and eventually you'll be able to eat normal food again. Like a week tops.
>>
>>37054317
What this guy said.

I have an immensely weak immune system and have had it four times this year already.

I cannot stress enough, HYDRATE. Drink as much water as possible along with electrolyte drinks.
>>37054123
>>
>>37054123
Drink water to make yourself piss and eat bare toast.

Then just sleep and piss and shit to pass the time and get it all out.
>>
>>37054317
Thanks for the tips man. A week?? Really? What the fuck
>>
>>37054343
A week on the long end. You gotta treat your tummy really gentle for at least that long. I bet you'll feel better in a day or two though.
>>
My first greentext was about the experience with eating healthy on campus (bad salad dressing). Just having explosive diarrhea that could crop up at any time was awful.
>>
>>37054337
>>37054340
Should I keep drinking a lot of water and stuff even if I just puke it all up every time? I can't even keep water down
>>
>>37054273
t.American with no passport
So easy to detect.
>>
>>37054369
Yes, the water is fueling you to eject the nasty food you gobbled down earlier.
>>
>>37054369
Well, I always drink water even if I keep throwing it up just so I HAVE something to throw up, since I find dry heaving to be way worse.
>>
>>37054369

You're going to need the Doc then.
You'll dehydrate to dangerous levels in less than 24 hrs if you're puking & shitting and not able to hydrate.
>>
>>37054369
Yeah you might have to see a doctor for this. You aren't dying, but you might need an IV. They don't hurt or anything, if thats what you're afraid of. It just feels weird, like cold water dripping into you from your arm or something.
>>
>>37054386

Really? I detected a child who's never eaten anything not handed to him by mummy, but you could be right.
>>
I've had terrible food poisoning several times and mild food poisoning way too many times.

Agree with the comments saying stay hydrated and only eat small amounts of bland food. I've actually found that not eating anything for 24 hours speeds up the process. If it lasts for several days you might have to take antibiotics. Google for the recommendations on when you should take them.
>>
>>37054456
>antibiotics

That's if the sickness is caused by a bacterial infection, it might be viral! Don't take antibiotics unless a doctor prescribes them to you, please.
>>
Oh yes you'll need to keep drinking because being sick is good way to dehydrate yourself.

I recommend some calpol, sure its designed for kids but I find it to be the best tasting medicine.
>>
>>37054398
>>37054414
>>37054424
>>37054439
>>37054445
Well thanks guys. Poverty is dangerous. I was so hungry I was forced to eat this fucking veggie burger that had been sitting out for like three days. Apparently there was mayo on it or fucking something.
>>
>>37054486
>calpol

The american version of this is pedialyte, by the way.
>>
>>37054439
>spending thousands of dollars just so a nurse can watch you get hydrated
Pretty dumb tbqh. Just very slowly occasionally take sips of water. Suck on ice cubes. Get some sleep and you'll be fine.
>>
>>37054501
Are you in America? if you need help getting health insurance I know a whole lot about it and if you're lucky and live in a blue state, you could probably get on medicaid, and they'd pay off any medical bills you'd accrue if you do end up going to the doctor's.
>>
>>37054513
Eh. I'm on medicaid so I don't think like this anymore, I'm sorry
>>
>>37054525
Ya I'm in CA. I let me health care lapse so I haven't had shit for like a year now. I'm really fucked. I also have syphilis that I can't get a penicillin shot for. It's pretty shitty.
>>
>>37054475
I agree with your sentiment, but antibiotics require a prescription in burgerland.
>>
>>37054581
A lot of Americans order fish antibiotics off of the internet to treat infections because this country is a fucking nightmare. They're the same as antibiotics for people but jesus christ, ugh

>>37054579
You can get back on MediCAL pretty easily. http://www.coveredca.com/medi-cal/

I'd suggest calling. If you make less than $16,395 a year and you're single, you qualify. Please get on it if you can. I'm on a version of this in another state and not having to pay a single dime for medical care has been so liberating in so many ways
>>
>>37054504
I think they are different products, calpol is paracetamol but aimed at younger people with a nice flavor. I just take double doses because I don't like the taste of adult medicine and can't swallow tablets.
>>
>>37054647
They totally are, I'm a dipshit, I just saw 'kid' and 'drink' and assumed it was like pedialyte, I'm sorry.
>>
>>37054750
You are forgiven, go forth and get some rest if you are OP.
>>
i've had it, it's fucking horrible i rank it as one of my top physical pain. sorry man... it will be over in a day at least
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.