[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to be independent >don't know how to drive and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1494326517974.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494326517974.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>want to be independent
>don't know how to drive and too scared to learn
>>
everything is scary at first. it's not as difficult as you make it out to be in your mind, i made it much worse, over thinking every move i made, then when I drove a lot, now I don't give a shit. I think I am my most confident when I am driving now.

you will learn then think back wtf was I even scared of this is easy
>>
It's never too late to learn. I'm almost 21 and just getting around to getting my license
>>
>>37045482
It's really not that scary and pretty easy to get the hang of. Just start out practicing in some empty parking lot. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick and be able to hit the road. Highways are a bit stressful to learn but like everything else, you'll get the hang of it. Just sign up for drivers ed

Either that or bike everywhere.
>>
>>37045482
Me too so I moved to a city where I can just use the bus. 30 and still don't know how to drive.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 465x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 465x323px
>>37045482
I'm 23 and starting driving lessons next week, road test is June 16th.

Try living on Long Island NY where everyone beeps at you if you're not going 65mph on the highway. If you drive the speed limit people will kill you.
>>
I know how to drive I just get panic attacks when I drive. Unless I'm really fucking angry then the panic attacks stop, then I don't give a shit
>>
File: 1493144162721.png (482KB, 653x716px) Image search: [Google]
1493144162721.png
482KB, 653x716px
>>37045482
>Going to turn 20
>My closest experience with a car was when I was 15 and my dad while drinking whine semi-drunk tried to teach how to drive in the country side
>Almost fell off a cliff
>Afraid of learning to drive since them but pressure from everybody to do so
>>
>wants to be independent
>but also wants to depend on motor vehicles and gas stations
You can't be independent anon, not unless you evolve flight or mad fast running skills. Even then you will depend on food sources to fuel your natural abilities.
>>
Just play alot of GRID or GTA

You'll get there anon. Go to a quiet parking lot and just do circles. One day it will click.

Took me about a month of doing this for 1 hour a week.
>>
>always daydreaming
>family pushing me to get a license
>would probably day dream while driving and kill someone
i dont think im capable of anything why should i even think of operating something with enough power to kill several people
>>
Get a motorbike instead of a car. Much easier to drive
>>
I'm a 19 year old NEET who just now got his driver's licence.

I'll offer some advice that helped me sort out my fear(and it does sorts linger a bit) of driving.
If you can, try and get help from a driving ed school. It helps a ton in helping you learn how to drive and the instructor tells you exactly what to do.
I pasted my driving test pretty easily and got my license within two days. Driving isn't as scary once you actually start to do it. The car basically drives itself half the time. Just know when to turn and when to signal with your blinker
As long as you're careful, then you're fit to drive a car.

Trust me, I was scared shitless of driving in fear of crashing or worse. Now I'm overcoming that fear. Driving is all about practice. Soon it'll become second nature.
>>
go to a driving school, dumb cuck
>>
>>37045482
>all these autists afraid to drive
Driving is literally super-easy. I passed my test on the first try, and the only errors I made were being overly cautious (stopping too soon.)
>>
>35
>can't drive
>never had a job
>dropped out of high school at 15
>haven't had friends since the 80s
>ugly
>fat
>stupid
is it too late for me or should I just an hero?
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>37048948
>35
>can't drive
>browses 4chan
>>
File: 1488517111413.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488517111413.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>people are this scared of driving

lmoa. you step on the gas and turn the steering wheel. a child can do it. are you guys retarded
>>
>>37045482
Take the bus and get a job and be healthy and go out there and live ur life op.....
>>
>>37045482
Literally a five year old could drive. It just takes the most basic common sense.
>>
I'm buying my friend's car off him and hopefully getting my license soon. He let me drive it to the bank to take out cash. At first he was laughing at how nervous I was but a few minutes later he was terrified at how erratic I was and made me pull over so he could drive back. I'm hoping I can convince him to teach me how to drive more before the test. It's extremely embarrassing having to go through this with my friends at age 23 but my parents were too fucked up to do anything for me and they understand.
>>
>>37049097
I can't speak for everyone else but I'm actually scared of not driving itself but the responsibility and headaches associated with car ownership. Between all the shitty insurance companies whom it's illegal not to pay for them to ignore you when you need them the most, and spending money on gas and monthly notes and maintenance tune-ups, it's just...blegh.
When I start to think of owning a car, I go insane a little. It would consume like a third of my paycheck and I don't really even need a car because I only travel 14 miles a day, max.
Who tf wants to PAY MONEY to park in a public place? Not me.

idk. I just ride a bike everywhere. It's simpler. No gas, no license, no insurance, almost no maintenance, no fuss. Sure, you sweat but if you plan right, it's not an issue.
>>
>>37049097
But if you step on the gas and turn the steering wheel at the wrong time you die.
>>
I think the only thing that could ever convince me to buy a car is if it was entirely solar powered, autonomous and cheap as hell.
>>
File: G8uLBOA.jpg (24KB, 346x293px) Image search: [Google]
G8uLBOA.jpg
24KB, 346x293px
>>37049199
If you don't need it don't waste your money. I need it to get to work. 120/mo for insurance, about 120/mo for gas, and a 80$ oil change every year is what it costs. Pic related, my car. Costed me $2000
>>
Am I the only one who finds driving really boring?..IDK why the only fun I've ever had driving was when I was driving a car that was stick shift
>>
>>37049449
That's just called driving anon. What you usually drive is known as a 'Go Kart'.
>>
>>37049449
Then just don't drive automatics, ever. That's what my brother does. He'll buy any shitbox so long as it's a manual transmission.
>>
>>37045482
Driving is one of the most relaxing things I do. Learn it slowly and you'll be fine.
Always remember: you can fuck shit up with a car, but you can also kill puppies with your feet and yet you don't
>>
File: 1474559811493.jpg (126KB, 1024x603px) Image search: [Google]
1474559811493.jpg
126KB, 1024x603px
>>37049252
>at the wrong time

then don't

>>37049199
fair enough. but if i were you, I'd just get some reliable civic on craigslist for ~3k after saving. I 'd rather not get skin cancer riding out in the sun all the time or smelling like a gym everywhere I go
>>
>>37049504
Driving in traffic is annoying though. Constantly hitting the clutch
>>
>>37049504
Yeah after driving automatic for a long time I finally bought a mustang with stick yesterday so I'm looking forward to having fun while driving again
>>
I'm 28 and I will learn soon. I'm saving money for a car. I'm more scared of the process of getting a license and taking a test than actually learning and driving.
>>
>>37049549
>I 'd rather not get skin cancer riding out in the sun all the time
Then wear sunscreen? You probably won't be out long enough to get skin cancer. You're either in your house or at work 90% of the time. Going outside won't hurt.
>or smelling like a gym everywhere I go
This one is viable. Pack deodorant and an extra set of clothing to take to work with you. Wear whatever on the bike, then once you get there, go straight to the bathroom, put on the deodorant, dry off and change clothes. Done.
>>
18.5 here. I bumped the car around a gas station and trash cans in front of a full gas tation and you just have to be b yourself. what helped me the most was driving reverse turning at points over and over, and then trying to perfect it faster, gave me great mobility over the vehicle. i drove around busy streets too and already know how every car feels (move faster, give space etc). dont have full license yet though
>>
>>37046679
Pressure is the most annoying part of it.
>Turned 21 a month ago
>Just recently got my learners
>Only did it so parents would get off my back about it and so I have an easy form of ID
>Have no intention of ever driving.
>>
>>37049574
My dad always got mad at me when I broke with the clutch he always told me to put it in neutral even in traffic...driving with him was hell
>>
>>37049760
God damnit this pisses me off. I asked my dad for five fucking years to teach me how to drive and he always came up with excuses not to. I wish I had parents that cared about me.
>>
>>37046484
Fucking same, LI is a living hell
>>
Anon, head over to /o/ and they'll perk you up. They're probably the nicest and most helpful board on 4chan desu
>>
>>37049097
> no clutch

FUCKING AUTOTRAGIC FUCKS GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU FUCKS ARE RUINING THE CAR INDUSTRY.
IF YOURE NOT DRIVING A SUPERCAR YOU SHOULD BE DRIVING MANUALS REEEEE
>>
>>37045482

Pay me, and hold my beer. I'll learn ya to drive.
>>
>>37048948
Dude. What happened to you?
>>
>>37049873
Same, they just go around saying what is good. I would admit I was had such strong low energy aura and said I wouldn't need it soon, but they could have just whipped me and taught me
>>
File: 1494526693725.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494526693725.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>37050330
But I do drive a super car
>>
>>37050592
Dude, take the pills the doctors are giving you. You need them.
>>
>>37046735
>Project Cars
>Assetto Corsa
>Forza
>Any Gran Turismo game

Gran Turismo 5 - 6 is pretty cool because you actually need to go through driver tests to move onto a more challenging race series and have by far the best array of cars.

Also, only drive with manual transmission, makes you focus that much more on how the car drives and
>>
I have a sensory processing problems so I can't drive. I get overwhelmed with everything going on around me. I'm not afraid to drive, but I know for a fact I'd cause accidents if I ever did (so do mental heath professionals that I see)

Fucking sucks because I'm also autistic when it comes to public transport and can't use it. I need to be driven around by one of my parents at nearly 30, luckily enough I rarely leave the house.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.