[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw dad keeps trying to get me on anti-depressants >tfw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1429065459788.jpg (41KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1429065459788.jpg
41KB, 495x636px
>tfw dad keeps trying to get me on anti-depressants
>tfw he wants to chemically lobotomize me because he's incapable of understanding why a 24 year old virgin NEET with no friends living in ever increasingly unstable times is upset with his life and thinks it's a quick fix that will magically solve all my problems

Who here /cluelesslazyparents/?
>>
File: 1364210775362.jpg (1MB, 2400x2636px) Image search: [Google]
1364210775362.jpg
1MB, 2400x2636px
>>37034306
>my self loathing and malaise is someone elses problem/fault.
>24

yeah nah, fuck off teenager.
>>
File: -nB5-RqVWMA~01.jpg (104KB, 584x782px) Image search: [Google]
-nB5-RqVWMA~01.jpg
104KB, 584x782px
>>37034306
What's the problem if these are SSRI? Or are you one of those "all jewpills are bad" guys? Give it a shot, they helped me get my shit together once and I didn't feel more retarded than I already was while taking the course.
>>
>>37034306
lol "increasingly unstable times" stop reading the news you idiot
>>
>>37034396
I didn't say it was his fault, numbnuts

>>37034456
If they're so good for you, then why are there more and more people on them every year? Why are you still here if they helped out so much?

>>37034502
Just because you close your eyes doesn't mean the world ceases to exist
>>
>>37034625
I didn't imply that they fix all your problems. It just helped me get over a lot of predicaments I created myself. The biggest problem about them is withdrawal. Although I must tell you, that my issue was mostly of negative symptoms, not **feeling sad**
>>
>>37034625
You read this bullshit in the news and live your life scared about things that could happen, scared about north korea or russia, i bet you was also scared about ebola, or swine flu or bird flu or whatever the big thing was where you are from, these things are bullshit and they come and go and nothing changes for ordinary people, the chances of being killed by a member of isis are less than the chances of dying by falling down your stairs, the economy really isnt that bad, you're never going to starve, which is more than you could say for people in our country 200 years ago, just because you might not land a perfect job, or even what you see as a well paid job, doesn't mean the economy is shit. Stop panicking and start making the most of it, we live in an amazing time
>>
>>37034456
>trusting (((someone))) who unironically posts picture related to (((bolshevism)))
>>
>>37034730
they couldn't have been that bad if you overcame them
>>
>>37034306
Antidepressants are a tool to help you function while you learn to cope with your depression. Clearly you haven't figured that out yet, so maybe they'd help you to.
>>
>>37034769
They could have been plenty bad. Just because you'd eventually overcome depression on your own doesn't mean you should waste however many years of your life waiting for that to happen.
>>
>>37034769
Because they were solvable, but required a lot of energy and motivation. And it was academic stuff.
>>
>>37034730
The point I'm making is I'm not clinically depressed and I have no reason to take them just because 'm currently upset with how my life is turning out
>>
>>37034893
And the point I initially tried to make is that not all pharma makes you braindead.
>>
Just try the pills... I bet they help 20% atleast.
>>
>>37034306
Just take them. What the fuck do you have to lose anyway?
>>
>>37034306
>dad wants to help
you know this, but depression has become such a defining characteristic in your life you refuse to let go of it and attempt to alleviate it to fix your shit life
>>
Be wary of SSRIs. Many men experience near total loss of sensation in their penis while on them (I had this happen and I beat my dick raw trying to cum because my libido was still high) and some report the effects are permanent. I stopped taking my meds and started taking Niacin daily to get the feeling back.
>>
>>37034958
>>37034936
>>37034909
>>37034848
>>37034826
>>37034730
>>37034456
Did you all know that every school shooter in the U.S. has been on anti-depressant medication? Every single last one
>>
>>37035004
Yeah, I could only cum adding some backdoor adventure to usual stroking. Not that I care much about it anyway.
>>
>>37035013
They don't make you crazy. If you're on them you're already fucked up and they give you the energy to act out your desires.
>>
>>37034989
Just like a turtle that's shell that has been malformed by plastic coke rings, my brain has been shaped by the depression itself. You can remove the rings, but the shell with forever be misshapen
>>
>>37035013
what? that's like a drug addict going to rehab and then relapsing so you blame the rehab

are you retarded? that might actually be your problem
>>
>>37035013
Don't worry, mate, I don't live in U.S. So, if I try going on a rampage, I'll have to learn making explosives(might as well convert to Islam in advance in case if heaven exists)
>>
File: 1493149492772.png (333KB, 471x296px) Image search: [Google]
1493149492772.png
333KB, 471x296px
SSRIs have a ton of potential side effects, and in many they don't help and/or only these side effects are exhibited. I was fortunate enough that I did find something that worked, I was miserable for five years and nothing else, exercise, church attendance, making friends, changing my diet, or starting counseling helped me. I don't want to kill myself anymore and my mood isn't constantly low, I don't feel like crying on a near daily basis. I'm not "happy" but without a doubt it's far better than I was without them.

My cock no longer works but it's worth it.
>>
>>37035065
Your analog is shit considering there absence of school shooter not on SSRIs seems to indicate its the drugs causing the behavior to begin with
>>
>>37035054
>your brain isn't a rigid shell
>your brain can adapt and remold
>new synaptic contacts are made every day
you can get better you just don't really want to
>>
>>37035137
bullshit. Circumcision permanently alters an infants brain chemistry. Over a decade of depression is sure to have more long term consequences than even that
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.