[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how are you supposed to know what to do when working in a fast

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: wcdonalds.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wcdonalds.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
how are you supposed to know what to do when working in a fast food restaurant?

how to know when it's the best time to:
-do cleaning
-clean work station
-do food prep
-restock something
-help co-worker with something
>>
>>37028479
Just do what others tell you to do or take orders, honestly not that hard
>>
>>37028740

>other co-workers are doing important things without being told what to do
>look like a fool standing around doing nothing waiting for someone to tell you to do something
>>
how to be a good cashier?
>>
I got trained at my McJob
>>
You could ask your boss what your tasks are in order of priority.
Be proactive and ask if they need help with whatever they're doing, but don't act like you aren't doing anything.
Just find something that needs to be done and do it.

Rule of thumb: the most important tasks are the ones that add value for your customers- IE taking orders, fulfilling orders, stocking items that customers can reach, and cleaning the store front.
t. wage slave/business fag
>>
There's so much to learn about being a cashier that isn't really covered in the training manual or orientation.
>>
If you aren't sure, ask. yadda yadda yadda.
when is a good time to do food prep?
when is a good time to clean?
etc.
asking questions is the best way to earn brownie points because it shows you give a shit
>>
File: 1388479411604.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1388479411604.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
it mostly comes from experience. Knowing when to do what is just a matter of knowing what to do and how the day pans out business-wise. Like where I work, we know that we're busiest between 7am-11am and 2pm-5pm, so we plan our tasks outside these periods
>>
>>37028763
It all comes from experience. If you're new, just ask
>>
File: knot-tied-trash-bag.jpg (284KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
knot-tied-trash-bag.jpg
284KB, 900x1200px
>having trouble tying garbage bags so that they're secure like picrelated
>>
I wish there was a way I can study the cheat sheets and employee manual at home.
>>
>>37028479
You wont get anything done standing there with your thumb in your ass. All the shit you listed is done dynamically outside of rushes. Clean as you go, dont make a mess in the first place and keep all your shit sufficiently stocked, note times and quantities on shit if youre grilling. If you dont know how to use a broom or a mop, educate yourself before you ask someone.
>>
I dunno maybe you should ask your boss instead of 4chan.

When I worked in fast food, we were supposed to clean and restock the line whenever we weren't busy, and usually a manager would tell us if they wanted us to do food prep or other cleaning.
>>
>>37028479
>>37028479
>how are you supposed to know what to do when working in a fast food restaurant?

>how to know when it's the best time to:
>-do cleaning.
Whenevernot doing anything else you just wiped that table down. Do it again
>-clean work station
As above
>-do food prep
Are you out of something and it's not close time. Prep It
>-restock something
Are you almost out of something and not activelyworking on a order
Restock that shit.
>-help co-worker with something
Ask if there good. If not jumping where they want or do support.
>>
I wish I can read a copy of all the restaurant infographs at home.
>>
>>37030148
Seriously, know how to use your tools. Embarassing when some dumb kid gives you deer in the headlights when you tell him to clean shit.

For all the anons saying "lol idk ax ur bos" sure. But only sometimes. Having somebody up your ass asking "lolwut do i do now?" is really annoying.
>>
>>37028479
If you have nothing to do ask your manager or just pretend that you're wiping stuff down.
>>
>>37028479
They will train you...once you are there for a while you will get the routine down. The awkward fuck do I do phase should only last 1-3 days.

You're adorable...
>>
>shy and socially inept
>have to learn cashier

what the most common screw ups new cashiers make? how to be cool cashier?
>>
>>37030587
Git gud at remembering names and faces. Example:
>Old man Parker comes in every sunday after church for a small coffee, egg mcmuffin and a hashbrown

Instead of the "Hi what can I get you?" say:

>Good morning, Mr. Parker! Are you having the usual today?

Regulars love that shit
>>
>>37028479
Ask. Just ask.

Say, "What should I do now?"

"What should I be doing?"

It is hard, but I asked a boatload of questions when I started at Starbucks. Now I'm a pro and I tell the new guys what to do.
>>
>>37030861
Samefagging, but just to add, it's also helpful to ask "how" to do something.

When someone tells you to do something, say

"How do I do that?"

"What's the best way to do that?"

"I've never done that. Can you show me how?"

"Got any tips on how to do that?"

>>37030587
For learning cashier, if you have a free minute, play around on the register to learn where customizations are located. And if you see a button you don't know, ask what it's for.
>>
>>37030320
That would be awesome. Sometimes I sneak pictures of the recipe cards on my phone.
>>
File: 1326625049078.jpg (31KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1326625049078.jpg
31KB, 322x322px
>>37030484
>should only last 1-3 days.
>>
>>37031002

Yeah. You maybe able to learn how to substitute items on the cashier, but it's going to take awhile to remember the whole menu, the prices, and what ingredient each product has. Then you have to learn how to deal with customers at the driverthru that want to add something to their order when they pull up the window. Then you have to learn how to pace yourself during a rush.

Then there's basic stuff like changing garbage bags and tying it to the can.
>>
>>37030941
OP
Don't over do this.
It gets fucking annoying.
If you have half an idea how to do it yourself give it a try.
Alot of times attempting and failing will get you more props then constantly asking questions.
>>
File: 1434369022266.jpg (225KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1434369022266.jpg
225KB, 800x533px
>people seriously can't figure out how to be a food service worker on their own

thanks /r9k/ i needed that pickmeup
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.