[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 19 year old neet >walk out of my room to go get a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0147.jpg (77KB, 633x758px)
IMG_0147.jpg
77KB, 633x758px
>be 19 year old neet
>walk out of my room to go get a Pepsi
>over hear my parents explain to my sister that I've "gone insane" and to stay away from me
>they turn around and see me at the top of the stairs watching them with a blank expression
>my sister says "anon have you lost your mind"
>parents say "anonssister shut up"
>go back to my room without a Pepsi
Family is just dead weight guys never trust them
>>
File: bigsister.png (272KB, 945x1377px) Image search: [Google]
bigsister.png
272KB, 945x1377px
>>37025528
>attention all females: literally all creepy single lonely men are rapists and molesters
>>
File: 1464067054392.jpg (41KB, 529x397px) Image search: [Google]
1464067054392.jpg
41KB, 529x397px
>>37025528
>Pepsi
My nigga, best drink
>>
Well, are you insane or not?
>>
>>37025528
sounds like you're dead weight

>>37025561
kind of have pity for the half brother. if his half siblings had stood up for him and shown him a little love, then he might not have misbehaved so much growing up, and he may not have been any smarter, but he might have been more well-adjusted and able to have had a somewhat okay life.
>>
>>37025692
I'm obsessive compulsive. My psychologist says I'm schizoaffective but I don't think she's right. She prescribed me pills but I don't take them and I think my mom puts them in my food so I don't eat anymore unless it's at a restaurant so I steal their car and drive to some small towns outside the state to eat
>>
Hope they throw your ass out you piece of shit.
>>
>>37025737
>>37025867
I didn't even do anything though that's the problem
>>
>>37025832

So, completely insane. Got it.
>>
>>37025897
>19 year old neet
>didn't even do anything
>>
>>37026042
Kys normalfag wagie. Neets are the norm here.
>>
>>37026020
No I'm not insane you don't understand they're trying to brainwash me
>>
>>37025897
>didn't even do anything
>steal my parents car to drive out of state to eat food that isn't drugged

doesn't help your case dude. Do you realize your existence is completely dependent on your parents' willingness to keep you in their home, and in return, they have to tolerate having their property stolen? if your family separated from you, you would wither and they would thrive. That means that you're the dead weight.
>>
File: Fatboy.jpg (45KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fatboy.jpg
45KB, 600x480px
Well if we're complaining about families...
>Be 15 year old me
>Mom is a pill addict, I never found out what type of pills she was taking
>Sister is crack addict, has a crack addict boyfriend
>They literally make crack, and sell it on the streets to addict buddies
>They made the crack in my mom's garage
>They lived in my mom's home
>I lived in my moms home, and had to live with them because Mom wouldn't throw them out
>Mom said "B-But she's your sister! We can't just throw her to the streets! We must get her help!"
(If anyone here has lived with a crack addict, or you've been one, you probably have a rough idea of what I had to deal with for around 3-5 years.)
Cue 1 year later
>Be 16 year old me
>Police take me from mom and give me to dad
>They found the crack production garage and arrested my sister, along with her boyfriend
>My sister tries to get my Mom arrested too while on a drug trip, claiming my mom was 'strangling her' as she strangled herself in hopes to make marks
Cue 1-2 year-s later
>Be 17-18 year old me
>I'm living happily with my dad
>My dad has me in college, and got me a part time job
>I have a stable job, I have a 3.5 GPA, and I'm actually happy
I can go in detail if anyone wants it. The result of what happened is:
>"B-But anon, I'm your mother, you have to love me and support me by giving me money!"
>"Fuck off."
I haven't talked to my mom in a few months, nor do I plan to for the rest of my life. Happy mother's day everyone, hopefully your mother wasn't a drug addict like mine was.
Pic is my daily meal now that I'm living the good life
>>
>>37025832
>shizo doesn't think they're schizo

every. fucking. time.
>>
>>37026174
the term you're looking for is "gaslighting"
>>
>>37025528
We're missing a lot of crucial info here
>>
File: IMG_0678.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
>>37025528
Have you considered just telling your family to fuck off?
>>
>>37026174
have you talked to your parents about not wanting to take mind altering drugs? You may have to give a little ground on some of your parents' expectations of you in order to get them to stop treating you like a mental patient, but you should take steps to behave more normally in order to earn that treatment.
>>
>>37026020
>>37026190
>>37026218
You guys don't understand I'm not the crazy one they are. I know they got my room wired and they're watching me as I type this. They're plotting something I just know it.
>>
>>37026301
why would anyone spend their time doing that?
>>
>>37026322
They hate me. You guys don't understand I'm not insane they are
>>
>>37026111
NEET's aren't robots tho. You need a shit job to be a robot.
>>
>>37026204
I'd enjoy the missing detail if you wouldn't mind elaborating.
>tfw parents, shrinks, family have gaslighted me out of success with various diagnoses
>wanted to be an engineer like most other family men and have a nuclear family going
>now accept that's not feasible and am trying to get money for a truck, apartment, and welding school
I want off
>>
>>37026322
see >>37025561

some people really are just that fucking hard-wired into gaslighting and manipulating others
>>
>>37026301

When was the last time you willingly took your medication?
What do you think they are plotting against you?
>>
>>37026301
listen dude, "I just know it" isn't going to bring anyone over to your side. Saying that multiple people are conspiring against you because they're crazy is a much harder proposition to sell than that you are crazy and your proposition is a delusion.

Maybe you are crazy, why is it so bad that you are? Getting some cool drugs for it might be good for you, how do you know?
>inb4 "I just know"
>>
>>37026370
You're missing the point of this I just want advice on what to do
>>
>>37026218
I started feeling fine once they put me on the meds, so I felt like I didn't need them any more.

>palm disintegrates face
>>
>>37025561
Judgement day is coming
>>
>>37026344
if they hated you then you wouldn't be living in their house. Parent's who hate their kids kick them out all the time.
>>
>>37026427
They want to keep me here so I'm an easier target. Look I just want advice on what to do ok
>>
>>37025528
You have to be insane to want to drink pepsi
>>
>>37026406

I understand that. Are you trying to convince them you aren't insane, or are you looking for advice on how to deal with family who can't cope with your condition?
>>
>>37026406
what are the elements that lead you to think they are monitoring and how?
>>
>>37026467
I just want them to know that I'm normal and just because I'm not perfect doesn't mean they neet to put those things in my food
>>
>>37026448
you're an idiot, if they wanted to harm you, they would kick you out. The world would chew you up and you would end up starving on the street. It would be the easiest way to harm you, and they wouldn't need to constantly conspire against you, just kick you out and you're done.

You want advice? Take your meds! You're sick in the head.
>>
>>37026301
Dude, I totally believe you and that's fucked up. The Seroquel is just to help you sleep. Being fully rested is important as it will help you figure out how to take countermeasures against your family's behavior.
>>
>>37026531
That's understandable, and as someone who is not a minor I don't believe they would even have the legal right to conceal medication in your food.

Do you know what medication they might be giving you? Schizoaffective disorder is a tricky thing to manage and often you need to balance several types of medication. Do the meds give you any side effects that you don't like, or do you think that you don't need the meds? (I ask this last one because I've worked with people suffering from schizophrenia, and 90% believed they did not need medication)
>>
>>37026362
Sure.
>When I was 7, my parents divorced.
>When I was around 10 my sister who's 5 years older than me started smoking weed.
>By the time I was 12 I was a drop out from middle school, and my sister was addicted to some drug, though, I'm not sure which one it was back then.
>I was constantly on the computer back then, and for 3 years straight I was doing nothing but searching the web, eating, shitting, and sleeping
>I don't mean that as an exaggeration. I had no schooling, I never went outside, and I only took a shower once every two months
>When I was around 15 that's when my sister's boyfriend moved in, and started up his cocaine shit in the garage
>When I was 16 a fight broke out between my sister and her boyfriend *Trust me, fights were incredibly common.* resulting in someone calling the cops
>Cops show up, noticed drug needle or something, and have us taken out of the house, then search the house
>I was taken and given to my Dad who is the definition of hard-worker. He's a great guy, and actively supports my education.
>He encouraged me to get my G.E.D at 16, and by 17, I was in college.
>Now I'm 18, and I'm still in college, and I have a job at papa johns
Here are some details about when I lived with my mom. She basically just kept me for the child support from my dad, and she *probably* didn't get rid of my sister because my sister was supplying her with pills. She would lie to me and tell me my dad was an alcoholic, and would actively try to scare me about my dad. I only realized all the lies she told me were lies until after I was given to my Dad.
Want more? If so, tell me what to go in detail about.
>>
>>37026617
fuckin' jesus man. that's a shitshow and a half
I'd imagine there's quite a bit of hatred for all that lying and shit in there.
>>
>>37026592
I really don't think I need them because I'm completely normal. I've heard the side effects are bad too and I don't want to have to go through that just because they think something's wrong. I don't know the exact names of the meds, I think one might be called seroquel or something.
>>
>>37025666
He is. OP doesn't actually have a sister or parents
>>
>>37026703
walk 5 feet and read the bottle
>>
File: 64243671171.png (33KB, 765x475px) Image search: [Google]
64243671171.png
33KB, 765x475px
>>37026662
Tbh you shouldn't get too angry for me. I'm living a happy life now, and the lies mean nothing now that I'm on my way to success.
>>
>>37026703
Seroquel is an antipsychotic, or in other words a med that's used to help treat psychotic or delusional episodes in schizophrenia.

Do you know about the disorder that you have? Like have you and your parents and a psychiatrist talked about it before?

I believe that you feel you are normal. And being diagnosed does not mean that you aren't normal. However, if you have been given this Dx it might be worthwhile for you and your parents to discuss concerns with someone so you're on the same page.
>>
>>37026754
Ok my parents are taking the dog on a walk so I read the bottles:
Seroquel, clozar and topamax
>>
>>37026932
>clozar
Whops I think it's spelled clozaril
>>
>>37026915
They say I'm schizoaffective. I try to get out of going to a psychiatrist or psychologist or whatever it's called and I don't talk about it much.
>>
>>37026932
>>37026968

So two antipsychotics and a mood stabilzer.
Clozapine (clozaril) takes time for it to reach effective doses in your system, about a week or two.
If you weren't taking this med they would be able to recognize a change in your behaviour, thought pattern/content, mood, affect, etc. If you were taking it as prescribed, like if they were feeding you this med discreetly, you would definitely feel some sort of side effects.
>>
OP if you really think you are normal then get reevaluated by a doctor can fix your prescription. Do what your doctor tells you and move to a place where you can be a functioning member of society.
>>
>>37027026

That is an issue though, it kind of reinforces the condition. Since schizoaffective contains two components : a mood disorder and a schizo disorder, a psychiatrist (ie a Medical doctor with specialization in psychiatric conditions) would be able to notice the symptoms and presentation of it. Mental health isn't a "concrete" science, but there are rigorous diagnostic criteria.

So basically, if you've been told that you have, or even possibly have, schizoaffective disorder, chances are you do. And it isn't something that goes away, and it can cause some pretty bad things to happen in your life if it is left un-managed. You're young now, so it would be better to seek forms of treatment. For example, a non-medical form of treatment involves teaching a patient how to recognize delusions and orient themselves to reality.
>>
>>37027059
that's not going to happen

people always want delusional people to just act normally, but they won't. No offense to the guy
>>
>>37027052
Are the side effects of clozaril that bad? I just looked it up and it sounds awful. Why would they want me to take that?
>>
>>37027138
What's a "mood disorder" and a "schizo" disorder? Do I really have to spend all this time with a psychiatrist just to be what he thinks is "normal"
>>
>>37027143
It depends what the dose you're getting is. They aren't terribly debilitating, but they aren't a walk in the park.

The reasoning behind prescribing antipsychotics is that psychiatrists need to balance managing really bad schizo symptoms (both positive and negative symptoms - I'd google those two), and unpleasant medication side effects. No medication is perfect, and no medication regime will work for everyone. It's trial and error, more or less, to find a regime that works for you and your condition. Which is why seeing a psychiatrist is to your benefit.

I'll explain the positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia:
Positive: hallucinations, delusions, disorganised thinking, etc
Negative: social withdrawal, reduced affect/mood, reduced self care (ie hygiene)
>>
>>37027248
>reduced self care
I haven't showered in 5 days and I can't remember the last time I brushed my teeth. Is that part of it?
>>
>>37027222

A mood disorder is something that affects the way you feel, like depression, mania, bipolar disorder. So it could affect how you perceive and control your mood, or it could cause your mood to fluctuate or go up and down in cycles.

"Schizo" disorders (which is a bad way to frame it), are ones that you could related symptoms of schizophrenia with at varying degrees. So with schizophrenia you get symptoms like withdrawal and hallucinations, with schizotypal it's more just withdrawal and paranoia, with schizoaffective it's some of the above plus a mood disorder, like bipolar, in one big shitty mess.

A psychiatrist can't say if you're normal, but they can recognize when medication or other forms of treatment might benefit you, or which ones aren't working for you. They could recommend other services, like community resources. And they're also good at explaining to family members what's what.
>>
>>37027302
It could be, depending what your normal routine is. If you're routine before was showering every other day and brushing twice a day, and then it regressed to where you're at now it could show a trend towards negative symptoms.
>>
>>37027248
>>37027348
Hey thanks for the help, but what's the point of getting help from a psychiatrist if this condition is going to be with me forever
>>
>>37026204
That's the comfort food you sought after while living in that house, because at times there was no food so you are those icecream sandwiches. Am I in the ballpark?
>>
>>37027424
No problem.
The point of seeking help is so that they can recognize how you are coping with it and make adjustments to medication.

For example, I had a patient who was taking 600mg of clozapine daily, which is a shit load. It helped him stabilize his thoughts, and allowed him to get more involved with programs and nonpharmacological treatments.

After a while he was able to work at recognizing his thought processes, and which ones were based in reality and which ones were in his head, also he was able to recognize voices and live with them or ignore them, instead of being scared of them. His psychiatrist gradually lowered his clozapine levels and he went from 600mg down to 400mg, then down to 300mg, and so on.

This example might not relate to you, but it does highlight that mental health treatment isn't as bad as shitty movies or shows make it out to be. It takes some effort and sticking to the medications but it's ultimately worth seeking out treatment when you're young and able to form good coping mechanisms and habits and not when you're older and have let it affect your life to the point where it's disabling.
>>
File: comfy.png (986KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
986KB, 1100x700px
>>37027524
Close. Not entirely. The only food I could find and cook were pre-cooked pizzas you cook in the oven. Problem is, they tasted like total shit. Only way I could make it bearable was to cook it till it burnt, and cover them in pepper, which made them taste amazing. Problem x 2 was that after they got burnt, they were hard to chew. I cracked 2 of my teeth because of them to the point that I lost those 2 teeth earlier this year.

In reality, I just love fatboy icecream cakes (Yup, their name is literally fatboy icecream cakes. Search it up). I have a box of them in my freezer, because they're so fucking delicious.
>>
>>37027634
Whoops. Posted the one with the dick. Eh, close enough to the real one. Ignore the crudely drawn dick, will you?
>>
>>37026412
Good. At least the guys grave is pre ordered next to mommy's.
>>
>>37026932

Clozaril is some seriously nasty stuff, I don't even like to give it to full blown schizophrenics. Your psychologist is a fucking retard. I didn't even know they were allowed to write such dangerous prescriptions. Topamax and seroquel are great drugs, but fuck clozapine. This is why only physicians should be given prescription rights, and maybe some nurse practitioners. I've never met a psychologist who knew their ass from a hole in the ground.
>>
>>37026845
Thanks for sharing anon. Sometimes I overlook how good I had it.
>>
>>37027744

It's side effects can be concerning, but it's one of the more effective and "safe" medications in its class. What would you recommend be used instead?
I'll give you an example 19 out of 20 patients on my unit are taking clozapine, and for all of them they've been prescribed by a psychiatrist.
>>
>>37025832
You're insane.
Damn shame you can't see it, my twin sister is schizo but helpless
>>
>>37027574
Thanks for the help. I think I might try to talk to a psychiatrist. Just to get some closure I guess about the way I act and try to get help. I still don't know about the pills
>>
>>37027857

I don't know, how about seroquel? Obviously the guy has shit compliance so I'd look at the first drug prescribed before throwing more drugs in the mix. It doesn't matter what he's prescribed, it won't help unless it's actually taken.
>>
>>37027942
Hey man best of luck.
Honestly it's just good to talk to someone about it, and go from there.
>>
>>37027942
Hey man best of luck.
Honestly it's just good to talk to someone about it, and go from there. You don't have to promise them anything but they could give some insight on the condition and some ways to manage it in the future.
>>
>>37028239
Oops I'm retarded and double posted.
>>
>>37027949
Fair enough. Seroquel is in the mix already though. But you're right, compliance is key to lock down before talking meds
>>
>>37026269
>fuck off

>out of their own house

You NEET faggots will never learn
>>
>>37025528
>everyone who isn't normal is insane
>>
>>37026204
do you consider your dad your /hero/?
>>
File: 1232323223588823423.png (1MB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
1232323223588823423.png
1MB, 1152x720px
>>37025528
>>37025528
>tfw your family has gone insane but thinks you are
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.