[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had a plantar wart, /r9k/? If so, how did

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2610.jpg (30KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2610.jpg
30KB, 500x281px
Have you ever had a plantar wart, /r9k/? If so, how did you get it removed?
>>
>>37022256
yeah i usually just let them be and they go away
but sometimes that can be years
>>
>>37022256
Just cut it out with a knife and pull the roots out
It cleared up for me after a few weeks
>>
I had a ton of them when I was like 13 or 12 or around that age. I didn't have to get them removed by cutting or using lasers or anything since they just gave me ointment to put on it and it went away after a month.
>>
>>37022256
Had three in total. One just disappeared by itself, the other two I got treated with acid. They left no real damage because I treated them quite early on.
>>
>>37022256
Had one for years, doctor tried everything, froze it several times, scooped it out several times, always came back, until I took a knife to it and just straight up cut it out. Didn't hurt, didn't bleed.
>>
Compound w and aggressive cutting with nail clippers. Lots of blood but it gets the job done
>>
>>37022256
Yeah I had a shitload when I was 12. They froze them off with liquid nitrogen. Stung a bit but wasn't that bad
>>
>>37022287
Did this too but only after a few months. I was maybe 12 and had no clue what it was.
Oddly, digging it out with a Swiss Army didn't hurt at all, like it was just this hard waxy skin that I couldn't feel. Amazingly relieving to have it out though
>>
>>37022256
I used some product that dried it out and made it fall off after a while.
>>
I had a huge one. It got infected. I had to take strong antibiotics to kill it and avoid the infection from getting worse. Fun times.
>>
>>37022256
Pretty sure there's a removal fluid that you can put on the wart with a small paintbrush that comes with it.
It's slowly gonna eat that parasiteshit up to its roots if you keep applying it twice per day over the course of a month.
>>
>>37022256
>Have you ever had a plantar wart
Yes.
>If so, how did you get it removed?
An xacto knife and a stiff glass of whiskey.
>>
I had a stubborn one in 2013.

Got it frozen at the doctor then got the Dr. Scholls gel and would cut it then apply the acid, let it sit overnight, cutoff the layernof dead skin and repeat
>>
>>37022308
>>37022384
>>37022347

Doesn't that leave a hole in your skin?
>>
>>37022421
Skin heals my dude. Didn't even leave a scar.
>>
>>37022256
I used to have tons of warts. Got the removed some by liquid nitrogen(hurts like a mothafucker) some by lasers
>>
>>37022256
I remeber itching these like crazy

It was like having a clit on my foot i swear it made me cum once
>>
File: 1331785381669.png (216KB, 472x356px) Image search: [Google]
1331785381669.png
216KB, 472x356px
>googled plantar wart
>>
>>37022256
by hand pull off one piece of the affected skin that looks like a little string, from the middle, hurt a bit, bleed a lot for some reason, after that it was gone after like 3 weeks or something, the total length was 3-4 months, also I'm on immuno-suppressant
>>
File: 1469057408314.jpg (24KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1469057408314.jpg
24KB, 399x388px
This is the reason I stopped doing martial arts, having to do it bear foot when other people in the class had nasty af warts and shit on their disgusting feet, really ruined the experience
>>
i had a small wart on my hand. I used to cut it off with a nail clipper, it was mostly keratinous dead skin so it didn't really hurt. But it kept coming back. So one time i cut it deeper and burned it with a candle. It hurt, but it stopped growing completely.
I should have done it with my anal wart when it was little. But instead I left it be, and it grew, and now the cursed thing is the size of an olive, and it's clearly enervated and vascularized, and I can't do anything about it but watch it grow slowly...
>>
Use apple cider vinegar on a bandaid. Comes off in a week, no scaring and no doctor visits needed.
>>
>>37022726
You need to get it out at the root though, just pecking at it will make it worse
>>
>>37022256

I used a pin and a pair of scissors

I loosened most of it up with the scissors and went digging for the root with the pin

Its really satisfying, get some antiseptic and wash your hands after

don't touch your face or mouth
>>
dig it out + scrub it hard with a soapy cloth everyday
>>
>>37023061
Go to the doctor you stupid fuck, that shit's gonna turn nasty.
>>
>>37022256
When I was very young and flexible I dug one out with a knife and tore another out with my teeth.

I was a disgusting child.
>>
>>37022256
I had some with 13 and killed them easily by soaking them with tea tree oil for some time.
>>
>>37022287
>>37022347
All these. Glad I'm not the only one who did exactly this in my early teens. After months of freezing it with that shit, I just said fuck it after a bath one night dug it out with a combo of Swiss army knife and nail clippers. Think it took a couple of night of digging to get it all out, but it worked.
>>
I had 29 warts at one point of my life. I went to a doctor and he just cut everything out with a knife
>>
>>37022256
3 things in my opinion

Compound W/Verrustat/whatever salicylic acid vehicle you want. It takes a long time and it has a bad habit of making your surrounding skin a macerated mess.

Excision and cautery (Hyfrecator). Cutting it out and burning the area it the wart is in. Doesn't leave a scar, heal time of about 4-5 weeks to it looking perfectly normal. Medical literature puts recurrence rate at 50%+ meaning it will likely grow back. In my experience it is higher than 50%.

Cantharone. Canadian import IIRC. Works great but takes about 10-12 weeks usually. It's what I recommend in office usually.

t. podiatrist
>>
Put duct tape on that shit and leave it. After 5 days that shit just comes right off. suffocates the fuck out of the wart
>>
>>37022903
Wtf i love martial arts now
Signing up tomorrow
>>
>>37022256
I had a bunch on my feet and fingers when I was like 12. My father took me to a Russian doctor to get rid of them. The doctor tied strings around my warts which slowly killed the wart. I had to have the strings attached for a few days which wasn't bad. Went back to the doc and he cut them off. Never had warts since then. HOWEVER, I do have two finger scars from it but idc.
>>
I had one, went to a dermatologist and did the freeze thing and that ended up solving it.
>>
>>37022256
My mom cut a few out of my feet with nail scissors when I was little. I have one now and am too much of a pussy to do it myself. Also it hurts if I touch it too much, is that how they all are?
>>
Had a huge one when i has a kid but i forgot how i got rid of it. A new one has popped up and im going to see if apple cider vinegar works to get rid of it so i can join the army
>>
>>37022256
>>37022287

Is that what they are? Yeah, did the same as this guy. After a long hot shower, took a big ole knife to it. Stung a little, but I healed and been clean ever since. Fine a switchblade and grow a pair.
>>
I recommend 15 bee stings
>>
>>37025450
14 and a half would be more effective
>>
>>37024317
>Excision and cautery
>50%
This stat is both true and false. The trick with it is you have to cut deep enough and burn deep enough to affect the root, which can be hard depending on how deep it is and how painful it is. For my finger warts it only took a couple of times. For my mom's finger wart I think it only took once. Burning it really helps, a lot more than simply cutting it out. The blister totally lifts the root out.
>>
I used to have two, one on the bottom of my heel and the other inbetween my toes. I tried cutting it with nail clippers, soaking in hot water and grinding it out pumice stone, and using a knife but it would always come back. Eventually just went to the doctors where they freezes that shit, but it hurt so bad and I got huge blisters from it.
>>
Yeah, one. I finally ripped it out because it was annoying.
>>
>>37025722
there is no root. it's a virus, not a tree. you don't tell people to cut the root out of a cold sore

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1764803/

There's a pretty good collection of treatments and success rates
>>
>>37025877
It's a figure of speech, trying to remove it and doing it wrong worsens it
>>
tear that shit out down to the root and put that freezing shit on it
>>
I have a big one on my hand that WILL NOT go away.

I had it frozen by a dermatologist and it went away...then came back months later.

Froze it again with at home treatments, it went away and came back AGAIN.

Finally dug it out with my finger but it took a while to heal and still eventually came back.

I give up. Fuck warts man. UGH.
>>
>>37025958
This is what I did and it worked. I had some district nine shit growing out of the base of my big toe and I finally got sick of it and ripped it all out and jammed that wart freezer stuff on it and it's never come back
>>
>>37022326
This worked. You gotta put it on twice a day for 30 days. Comes off on its own that way
>>
>>37022256
Mine just went away on its own
>>
>>37022256
I had a lot on my feet from the locker room. A few months after I stopped going into the locker room mine went away.

It was so bad there was a cluster of about 4-6 of them. I don't have any pictures as I never took any of them.
>>
take some duster, turn the can upside down, spray at wart. more or less like getting it frozen off at the doctor's office except you don't have to pay for it. obv don't go overboard with it and damage your foot. repeat it once a week or so until it's gone.
>>
had one on the tip of one of my fingers, had to dig it out with a thumbtack a bunch of times before the skin healed and it never came back. no permanent mark
>>
Never had one, but am I the only one who does want one just so they can dig it out with a knife?
>>
>>37022256
Yep.

I have autism so I like to spin around in circles a lot. This sometimes leads to cracked calluses and other things which result in repeat infections. As a result, I don't particularly care or treat my warts since I'm going to reinfect myself a little bit later.

They don't really hurt, and I don't care. The only thing that sucks is that I have a slight thing for feet, but I wouldn't expect my bf to touch them if I had one.

Although I would love to see pictures of them removed with a knife if anyone has those. Sounds neat.
>>
Had one and went to podiatrist and he used acid. Hurt like fuck and it didn't cure it. Do you know what did?

Duct tape. I'm serious. Put a piece of duct tape over the wart and put on your shoes and go about your day like normal. Leave it on all day/night. In the morning peel it off and take your shower. The flesh around the wart will be very soft now. Take a nail file and file off 2-3 layers of the dead skin. Apply some compound W and then put a fresh piece of duct tape on it.

Did this every day for about 4-6 weeks and it worked. No pain, no doctor and it never came back. Fuckin duct tape man. I think it works because it suffocates the wart or perhaps there is something in the adhesive of the tape. Dunno. Read it on the internet, tried it and it worked.
>>
>>37022256
Take a clove of garlic, cut a bit off to expose the inside, stick it to your wart, fasten it down with a large bandaid and electrical tape.

Keep it there for >24 hrs and wait a week or two for it to rot off on its own.
>>
chop of the dead skin with nail clippers, make it bleed, pour paint thinners into it
>>
>>37022256
>>37030544
I did it with nail polish. Slather it on, wait for it to dry and leave it for a while. Then take a nail file and start filing until it hurts. Did this once a day, took ~4 weeks.
>>
What do about calluses?
>>
I used to have a lot of warts on my left foot. I had one big one and many smaller ones. I cut out the big one with a needle and ripped it clean off. The other ones went away afterwards

It hurt like a motherfucker to do tho
>>
>>37031151
Callouses on the hands are noice, proof you lift senpai
>>
>>37022256
I don't walk around bare foot like an idiot so I don't get warts.
>>
>>37022287
My father did this for me. All the freezing in the world didn't work, then one day my father carefully cut it out and it never came back.

If you're gonna do it, be careful OP.
>>
File: IMG_20160828_130050.jpg (967KB, 1824x1961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_130050.jpg
967KB, 1824x1961px
I had one when I was about 11 on my pinky toe. Doc took it off with liquid nitrogen. I remember it stinging a bit and made it weird to walk.

I had one under my left thumbnail, pic related, and another on the middle of my right index finger. I tried removing the one on my finger a few times with nail clippers and a needle, but it came back. The one under my thumbnail was a bitch though. It dried out the skin under the nail and messed up the way my nail grew. I hated it but I couldn't do much besides clip out the dry dead skin.

Also tried the chemical remover stuff on both for a few months and it reduced them but never got rid of them completely so I gave up. They lasted for about a year and then randomly one day both started to vanish and after about 2 weeks, were completely gone.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x354px
>just took a walk around outside barefoot because I like the feeling of pavement and grass under my feet like always
>mfw reading this thread

Should I get tested?
>>
>>37022256
I had a wart on my thumb before.

It was oddly satisfying trying to get rid of it on my own.

Eventually I just said fuck it and had the doc freeze it off. Felt pretty nice to peel it out of my thumb a couple of weeks later when the blister dried up.
>>
>>37022256

>Go to doctor for other thing
>By the way, there's a teeny tiny bump on my foot
>Plantar wart.jpeg
>Doctor brb's
>Back with Liquid Nitrogen
>Freezes it dead
>"Go home and pick at it"
>Cut skin off
>Wartiskill.png

didn't even have time to think about it before I could hear my foot sizzle as the water in my skin froze.
>>
I have a handful of them, on both feet. Most of them are small, but they are in mosaic. I had one ages ago that I dug out with tweezers on the bathroom floor, but I decided to trry the medical route with these; salycylic and freezing. It's been at least a year and a half and I haven't seen much in the way or results.
At this point I'm thinking I'll order a scalpel and go to town or burn them out with silver nitrate.
>>
>>37022256
If you plan on cutting, pulling or digging it out, like some anons have suggested, just know that it'll probably bleed alot. At least mine did.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.