[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your excuse for STILL living with your parents?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

File: 1430616577427.jpg (10KB, 136x130px) Image search: [Google]
1430616577427.jpg
10KB, 136x130px
What's your excuse for STILL living with your parents? YOUR excuse.
>>
>>37021735
No job, otherwise I'd be fucking out of here immediately
>>
>>37021735

What are the advantages of moving out? It will just cost you more money, and mom won't be there to get you fast food whenever you want it.
>>
I only make $2000 a month and I can't afford it.
"But get roommates!"
Roommates suck. If I wanted roommates, I'd live with my parents.
>>
Moving out would be a lot more inconvenient.
>>
>>37021735
>finished uni basically breaking even financially
>need start-up money to move
>will literally be working for 8.30 an hour on a fucking Bachelor's
I hate my life but at least I'm not spending several thousand dollars every 4 or so months.
>>
>>37021838
There is none. It's a meme for normalfags who think they're "independent". Case in point, how these so called "independent" people cry and complain to the government when something doesn't go their way.
>>
File: 1485736372250.jpg (92KB, 750x696px) Image search: [Google]
1485736372250.jpg
92KB, 750x696px
Got no excuse but the reason is l was a drug addicted loser but l feel that this time, finally, that shits behind me so l can move out and give my parents some much deserved space 26 yo btw.
>>
Reason I moved out and across the country was to get the hell away from my parents at 20.
>Taking a long shit
>"Are you okay sweetie?"

>Yells over dumb shit
>Emasculates me by yelling like im a child

>Sit in front of computer for hours because I wouldn't dare to bring anyone over with them home
>>
Living on your own is expensive and inconvenient. Since I'm in college it makes sense to spend the time that I would normally spend working studying and focusing on my grades.
tfw 24 years old and going back to community college and you have to tell yourself this every day just to feel okay
>>
>>37021735
My life is absolutely horrible.

I'm a fucking bag boy. The worst fucking job on the fucking planet.
>>
Advantages to moving out
>shorter commute

Advantages of not moving out
>everything else

For ~$50 in gas more I save many hundreds per month, it's simple math. Maybe once I have about $500k saved I could consider it, but I need ot be financially independent before I can start blowing money like a jackass on rent or worse, homeownership. There is no reason whatsoever to not be able to retire by 30, unless you're a prissy little child who insists on spending extra to be a wageslave until your 40s or 50s.
>>
>>37022985
>lives with parent's indefinitely
>calls others "prissy little child"
lol k
>>
>>37021735
I have no money, no friends, no idea where to go or what to do. Birth was a mistake.
>>
I make an average monthly salary of $825, and simply can't find any place for rent for under $425 that's still nearby enough for me to keep my job. With insurance, car upkeep and gas, internet service and food, I would never have enough money for anything.
>>
>>37021735
They're rich af and paying for my college fees in full with no loan or expectation of repayment from me.
>>
I don't make good money ($45k/yr), at least for the purposes of the urban normalfag life that I would be persuing if I moved out. I'm 23.
>>
>>37023205
I'll be your Internet pseudofriend anon
>>
secretfdsgsnggggnsnf
>>
>>37021735
Everyone in my country in their early-mid 20s still lives with their parents
>>
>>37023334
What country?

original post please
>>
Why should I pay for an asset I'll never own?

Every month, I'm saving big money in my bank. In 2-3 years, I'll buy a house outright.
>>
>>37023172

Until financial independence, not indefinitely. Those are two very different things. In this case exact opposites.

Why so butthurt? If you know of other reasons please enlighten us.
>>
>>37023366
Italy, the norm here is not to move out until you have a stable job, hence why most people here do own their houses and don't get eaten alive by loans
>>
Really, the only reason to move out is if you have a gf or can pull whores off Tinder with ease. I'm neither case, so I don't really see a point in moving out.

>B-But your independence
I couldn't give two shits if I appease the normie societal standard of independence

>Your parents want their privacy
No, my parents like having me around. I help out with the utilities and do housework.

>What about having friends?
What about it? I have friends, but I just hang out with them in normal public hangouts like bars and restaurants.
>>
>>37021735
No jobs available near me, no housing available and no desire to waste money. I'd rather live with my parents and save money than be a wagecuck scrambling just enough money for the months rent. I got everything I need for the moment and I have no desire to move out unless I can be a lazy fat as like I am right now.

Only normalfags think it's so fantastic to move out and pay your own rent. Fuck that shit, rather be a little jew and sit here leeching of my parents.
>>
>>37023397
>Why so butthurt?
I know this /r9k/ but it's still annoying to see all these people gleefully talk about how they're never going to grow up and let their parent's do everything for them for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>37021735
Going to med school this year, hopefully.
>>
>>37023608
Why the fuck are you here then? There are plenty of other websites for you to spend your time you fucking faggot.
>>
>>37022650
You sound like a insufferable little cunt.
>>
>>37023608
So if someone doesn't fit your narrow definition of the word, they aren't an adult?

I think making the better, more logical financial decision makes one more of an adult instead of figuratively throwing four-figures worth of money down the toilet each month to appease retarded social standards that seemingly only exist in America.
>>
>>37021735

>be me
>49
>virgin
>former field engineer
>firm went bankrupt
>spent everything I had to move back to the countryside with parents
>be me
>no car
>3 grands total savings
>noone wants to hire a 50yo guy
>not even Walmart
>wf
>>
Roommate got evicted, I got laid off months ago, haven't found another job then blew all my money on heroin and fentanyl.
>>
>>37021735
why would i spend money to live on my own when i can save it and live with my parents?
>>
I'm bad with money and I love it. I don't live at home because I enjoy seeking out living with good looking female roommates with whom I have 0 chances with. $800/month in rent? So what? Don't tell me you faggots are actually considering living past 40 and making any sort of savings rather than living it up now.
>>
>>37023608

You must have pretty thin skin if fiscal responsibility annoys you. What else bothers you? Putting waste in the trash can instead of highway, using the crosswalks, making the bed each morning? The parent's are responsible for their kid until it dies, they knew that going in. I doubt they hate having someone around to help with handyman tasks until he turns 30. Maybe I'm not edgy enough but I don't exactly loathe their company either. Besides that it's in their best interest not to be shitty parents. Who do you think decides whether they get a nursing or home to move back in with me and get home health nurse visits?
>>
>>37021735
I have no income because a fucking minimum wage job demands an interview. I'll just wait to get kicked out and bum around the city until a nigger kills me.
>>
>>37021735
No rent
I live like a fucking king.

Don't tell me you fell for the baby boomer meme "still living with parents" no one gives a shit dude.
>>
I hate my mom but I pay the rent don't want my little sister to be homeless.

It's a harsh deal.
>>
>>37024242
Interviews are easy, they actually prefer autismos for everything that isn't customer service. I flat out told my last interviewer that I am autistic and I don't know the correct answer to their trick questions but I don't care about anything except getting a check. They looked surprised at that level of honesty so I went on to explain what autism is and made sure to highlight the intense drive for sameness and efficiency and even made up some shit about savantism and picking up new skills while cutting out fluff. Granted it was a shitty shop hiring a gofer type position so these would be good traits to have. Basically I'm a cleaner that does free tech support and low level admin shit like excel, database, and fixing the website so the contact and inquiry links go to something besides a 404 page. Currently I'm trying to get the cheap asses to move to LED because I hate that flickering they have with dying fluorescents. They don't care about costs obviously since I know they have enough to upgrade and I even showed them how long it would take to pay for itself. They don't even have downtime losses to consider because they are closed Saturday and Sunday. Most likely the manager is just waiting until end of year to steal my idea and present to the owner to get a fat bonus. I don't care as long as they fix it soon, I'm hourly anyway.
>>
It's nagging but I can't afford living by my own
>>
i have no desire to move out. it's a waste of money and i don't like people, so i'd just be living on my own
>>
MY dog is the only think I truly love in this world and he's a family dog so i can't just take him with me. I'll stay with him till he passes away where ever he goes and then I'll probably spiral into deep depression and kill myself.

Until then I'll just live with my parents.
>>
>>37024551
Tell more about little sister. I can help you take care of her
>>
>>37021735

My mother ruined my life, so she owes it to me.
>>
>>37026084

Care to explain what happened with her, dear anon?
>>
>>37026115
Mods! Ban the youngster!
>>
>>37021735
I'm moving out to live with somebody who isn't very nice to me at all. He's trading a place to stay in exchange for my boipussi.
I pretend to be happy about it to everyone, but I'm actually terrified. I'm not even actually that gay- I just don't know how to live like a real person.
But hey!
At least I won't be living in mommy's basement, right?
Ha ha ha!
>>
Why do I need to justify any aspect of my life to you or anyone?
>>
i got into a car accident. they have to drive me to drive me to therapy.
>>
>>37021735
I am trapped here. I must escape
>>
My parents are so rich and i make minimum wage.
My house is very comfy and i honestly do not want to live in a shithole right now
I need my comfort becuse my job is shit
>>
File: 220533-14.jpg (51KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
220533-14.jpg
51KB, 1024x768px
>>37021735
I am 19, can't get a job because I am shit at driving and people on the bus bully me
>>
No excuse. I just do.
>>
I don't, I own a house.
>>
File: underage b&.png (22KB, 684x560px) Image search: [Google]
underage b&.png
22KB, 684x560px
>>37026115
mods will you do your job for once?
>>
>>37026115
Enjoy ur ban smuglord
>>
>>37026186

My growth was stunted so I'm stuck being an unlovable, low-test, anxious and insecure beta faggot for the rest of my life.
>>
No job, no money, no social life, nothing. I have autism and I use my bux to feed my siblings and mother with epilepsy.
>>
>move out
>lose job, hate new city
>move back
>parent dies
Guess I'm fucked lads
>>
>>37026507
How much bux does autism get you? I have Asperger's and I want a fallback plan if it turns out I have breakdowns from the stress of a job which isn't unlikely.
>>
>>37021735
free housing for college
>>
I moved out a couple months ago I've been back and forth since 18. Im 30. Only living at home maybe a whole year broken up over 12 years. I have had a lot of craziness happen that wouldn't of if I just stayed home. Anyways life started to suck around 26 due to probation cus drugs. I've been sober a year though occasionally smoked weed. I feel more comfortable just doing my own thing. I realize I have to work even though it sucks dicks. So just doing my thing waiting to die.
>>
>>37026549
About $451 a month for me. It varies.

I got it when I was diagnosed at 12. If you act like a total headcase then I think you'd probably get more. I'm just mildly autistic.
>>
>>37026594
That's bullshit. I have ASD:NOS and only get $380, my EBT is a measly $50 too. It's basically just enough to keep me drunk and online. I have to pay for internet because mother won't for some stupid reason. She doesn't know I get EBT so at least I can use that to buy ingredients for my prisonwines. Cider tastes a lot like beer if you tinker with the recipes a bit.

Any suggestions on how I could get my neetbux bumped up to what you earn? It's only $80 difference but that's a whole 'nother xbox game each month.
>>
>>37021735
I have enough money to move out, I'm just too lazy. I have had real problems with motivation in general lately
>>
>>37021735
I don't have the money saved up to move out and be self-sufficient, and I'm not gonna leave just to fall on my ass and be more of a burden 2 months later.
>>
File: 1470024663378.jpg (274KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1470024663378.jpg
274KB, 1024x576px
>>37021735
Went to university for 4 years.
Didn't pass all of my requirements by the end of it.
Not signed up for anything next term.
Out of money.
Didn't renew the lease on my apartment.
No job lined up even though I spent a ton of time last term applying and interviewing for them.
Probably doomed to move back in with parents in a few months when the lease expires.

How fucked am I?
Meme arrows are overrated.
>>
>>37026878
I used to get $644, but government cuts lowered it to $450. I'm in a European country so that could be one of the reasons why I get more.

My advice would be to start acting worse. Like, pretend to have a mental breakdown and go silent kind of worse. I think something in that direction is the only way to get more, because they are really stingy and they are pining to take it away from people who they don't think need it.
>>
>>37023693
Nice contrarian post
>>
Really no point in moving out if you don't care about having sex and have a decent relationship with your parents.
>>
>>37026996
that image never felt so real with me right now anon, wow
>>
>>37026115
MODS
O
D
S

B& him
>>
>>37025294
Different guy here, with a similar situation. You can have my sister. She's fat, a single mom with no child support. She's also emotionally volatile. Her kid is a cool guy, though. She will hopefully learn to drive this summer. She is 33 years old.
>>
>>37021735
I live in California and housing is expensive as fuck when your job is minimum wage.
>>
>>37021735
Multigenerational households are a good way for the middle class to preserve wealth, and I'm not gonna be able to actually begin my career for a solid 5 or 6 years.
>>
Honestly I think moving out is a meme so people can make some more dosh. It's like the shit that every engagement ring should have a diamond on it, which was pushed by De Beers in 1938 in order to sell more diamonds. You wouldn't want your fiancee to think that you're not serious or poor, right? So give us your money so she knows that you really mean it!
It's the same shit with demanding that young adults should move out ASAP. Why would you spend money on rents if you can live with your parents? Just so you can say that you're independent now. It's a meme and you know it.
>>
>>37023721
>wizard level 49
The mere existence of someone as powerful as you frightens me.
>>
>>37022684
I know this feel.

Originally shit.
>>
>>37021735
Everybody's fucking doing it.
Guy next door is my age, has a better job than me, a bangin' girlfriend and he lives with his parents.
It's the norm now.
>>
>>37021735
Why do I need an excuse? This is just how things happened.
>>
>21
>NEET

I don't think I need to go any further. I had a job for 2 years, and then lost it 2 months ago. During that time I saved up a lot of money. So I'm not completely broke even though I'm neet now.
I'm currently looking for another job, but it's been 2 months since then. I love my family, and they love me so they don't mind me staying. My parents don't ask for rent and I get free food. So no reason to move for me.
>>
>>37022650
I know how you feel. For some reason I've built up my parents as something to embarrassed of, even though my parents are actually more normal and cooler than me.
>>
>>37023759
im in that squad, except i bought good drugs like dilaudid.
>>
File: Reac 169.jpg (44KB, 268x285px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 169.jpg
44KB, 268x285px
>>37021735
Overwhelmed by having to learn to drive, getting a job, taking care of my health, getting my life straightened out, etc. so I don't apply for jobs. Besides it's hard finding something in my field and searching makes me anxious.
>>
>>37024054
>The parent's are responsible for their kid until it dies, they knew that going in
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>37021735
i'm a lazy bored entitled angry man who can't function well in regular society
>>
>>37031488
And how old are you at this stage in your life?
>>
>>37021735
i see no point other than gf, so i see no point.
We're poo so i can work my ass off, and improve our house, and my parent are getting old, so i have to be there for them.
>>
>>37021800
I have a stable job. City Guard Officer. I had 2 raises and 2 promotions in last 1,5 year. Guess what?

My monthly payment can't even rent me a flat with bills. Not mentioning food/clothing and other stuff.

Please, tell me more.

Anyone?
>>
>>37021735
The act of working isn't even unappealing for me, shit I'd love to have some damn money for once. It's the fear and anxiety of having to possibly interact with people, somehow embarrassing myself, and becoming an ACTUAL social outcast. I'm a fucking boring guy, I have nothing going on in my life except college and my hobbies. I just can't stand the thought of being completely alone because I was one of the unlucky ones to get a fucked up brain. I hate being a NEET and leeching off of people but my mind keeps stopping me from trying to get out. I have no one to blame but myself. I've kinda accepted I'll never make something of myself and I'll be a forever disappointment. I've basically already made plans to disappear and kill myself when I hit 30 or even before that. I fucking hate myself. I wish I wasn't like this. I don't like being different.
>>
>>37021735
Not enough money to buy small apartment, maybe in a year or two.
Fuck rent.
>>
>>37023509
Do you have relatives or grandparents living under the same roof?
I envy you southern Eurobros sometimes, you still have healthy culture there regarding family.
>>
>>37021735
Can't afford it with only $11.50 an hour
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.