[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks meditation and spirituality is just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: raven.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
Am I the only one who thinks meditation and spirituality is just a bunch of bullshit?
>>
>>37003612
No but you're wrong
>>
>>37003645
What exactly does meditation or spirituality actually accomplish within the realm of the physical world?
>>
>>37003612
Nah
My group of friends in college were all about meditation and shit and it surprised me because most of them were my friends in HS and we were all the AP/honors kids. I just shook my head and went along with it when they told me about it.
>>
>>37003612
>treat religion like a special club
well of course its going to be shit if you do that
>>
>>37003612
I for one agree with you.
>>
>>37003673
Meditation changes the structure of the brain
Spirituality helps people get through everyday life.
>>
>>37003686
Since when did we start talking about religion?
>>
>>37003673
It sounds like you think meditation is just wishful thinking or something a la The Secret.
>>
>>37003673
Makes you happier.

/thread
>>
>>37003673
Meditation and belief at the very least have neurological effects. This then influences how you influence the physical world and so indirectly affects the physical world.
>>
>>37003727
I think meditation is just a whole lot of sitting around and wasting time
>>
>>37003612

Meh, meditation works, it just does, for whatever reason.

"Spirituality" is sketchy as fuck though. Just because you see spirits or whatever after starving and isolating yourself for a month doesn't mean the spirits are real. And if the spirits are real, it doesn't mean they are what they appear to be.
>>
>>37003780
>that second paragraph
Holy fuck is it that hard to use google
>>
>>37003780
Reminds me of that chapter from Berserk where the really religious girl couldn't see the fairy because her religion caused her to be closed-minded
>>
>>37003774
That sentence makes so little sense you might as well replace meditation with spaghetti
>>
>>37003774

>a whole lot of sitting around and wasting time

Isn't that life for most people
>>
>>37003836
When I was in rehab, they'd make us meditate everyday. We'd have to sit with our eyes closed for 15 minutes and think about nothing
>>
>>37003732
This guy gets it. Change your mind, change your reality, change your life.

It takes discipline though, which is why I'm here on /r9k/ 36 hours without sleep, masturbating furiously to lolicon.
>>
Here come all the pseudo-intellectual new-age hippies
>"NO, MEDITGATION JUST WERKS BECAUSE I'M SPIRITUAL AND ENLIGHTENED"
>>
why do people bother meditating when they could just take a nap.
>>
>tfw teen titans got canceled
>it's currently mocked by its predecessor
>most of the fans are giant waifu autists
>DC isn't as popular as it should be
>most of its animated series get canceled

Man. Fuck me
>>
>tfw no terra gf to dissuade from joining the dark side
did anyone else here empathize with her?
>>
>>37003862
It's like saying writing music is a waste of time. If they forced you to write music it would be shit but it would not be reflective of music as a whole.
>>
>>37003868
Getting it out of your system all at once? Good idea!
>>
>>37003612
Not necesarily. Anything that relaxes you (breathing techniques, meditation, prayer) is healthy and beneficial for a whole host of reasons. The bullshit starts when they start talking about your third eye and chakra crap.
>>
Placebo's a hell of a drug. It's all bullshit.
>>
File: Lewd.png (87KB, 221x345px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.png
87KB, 221x345px
This is now a raven dump thread
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.