[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /probablyhasautism/? >can't maintain eye contact

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1490719820371.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490719820371.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
Who here /probablyhasautism/?

>can't maintain eye contact
>constantly manually altering my facial expression and posture
>unable to form friendships
>don't share any interests with people my age
>no idea how to properly talk to people
>can't maintain a conversation
>no desire for friends or a relationship
>only want to be alone in life
>very bad at knowing whether something was a joke or not
>strong reaction to certain sounds (misophonia)
>will start digging my fingernails into my head and gnaw on my hands if I head someone chewing/swallowing/humming/laughing/etc
>fight-or-flight response is triggered
>strong desire for a routine/to keep a routine
>unable to properly word my emotions
>walk on my toes a lot
>need to have things in order or orderly
>enjoy doing tedious tasks/the same thing over and over

All of this has drastically affected my ability to function in the real world. I'm right in between too normal to be seen as different, and too different to live normally. It's already ended a relationship of mine and has led to me having to drop out of college. Would it make any difference if I went to get tested? I want to have closure for why I am the way I am. I also suspect I have a few other disorders, but I don't want to ramble on any longer.
>>
i don't get what closure will get you. just find another autist and link up
>>
>nonverbal autism
>the type of "screeching retard" you see in documentaries
>communicate via typing or using various iOS apps

It's a living nightmare. I feel trapped in my own body.
>>
>ended a relationship
>having a relationship in the first place
>>
File: 1490368956022.jpg (17KB, 365x290px) Image search: [Google]
1490368956022.jpg
17KB, 365x290px
im a little weird. I never thought I had autism until I watched this varg video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IHaE-TXbZQ

modern society is weird and I really dont like participating in it. I really dislike interacting with strangers on a daily basis and dont trust people for a while before I open up to them.
>>
>>37002125
get tested for what? to receive sympathy? theres no treatment for it. man up. i have worse problems than what you describe.
>>
>>37002415
you cannot talk my friend? I'm impressed.
Did you ever took advantage of your disability?
>>
>>37002125
>had to get mental evaluation because my GP is a fucking moron
>supposed to be routine
>half way through the psychiatrist leaves and then brings in another guy to observe
>eventually there's four other people in the room
wtf man I was even trying to act normal
>>
>>37002603
so that was your first gangbang eh
>>
>>37002470
I just want a laid out reason that has research and studies behind it for what's wrong with me. That's all, just an answer, then I'll be content

>>37002435
It was a gay relationship between me and my best friend, our personalities were parallel so we decided to try dating, but I found out relationships weren't for me
>>
File: 1490343354189.png (766KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1490343354189.png
766KB, 2000x2000px
>>37002125
Definitely sounds like actual autism. That's all pretty similar to me and I got diagnosed at 22.

There are only two reasons to get diagnosed, really - help in school and government assistance. Like you, I dropped out of college because I couldn't deal with the social aspect of it. If I had been diagnosed earlier, they would have been legally obligated to fit my needs. And government assistance usually means autismbux, but there are also programs like preparing people for work and general socializing education. That stuff all sucks ass though, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're American, autismbux is really hard to get unless you're a severe case. I've never had a job and had multiple psychologists supporting my case and still got denied

And I guess there's also a third reason, the reason I got diagnosed. To get your parents off your back and be okay with supporting your NEET lifestyle. They went from "get your lazy ass out of the house and go get a job" to "oh shit, I guess this kid's autistic I suppose I'll let him be" in no time. Pretty nice
>>
>>37002652
you already listed all of the symptoms of autism, no one knows you better than your self. once you get that answer from the doctor youre still going to be on 4chan complaining about life.
>>
>>37002415
oh shit my friends kid has that and he's... yeah. kind of interesting you seem to be all here mentally in that post. do you slip in and out of it?
>>
>>37002125
this all apply to me but i can usually pretend to be normal enough to deal with people at a superficial level at work etc
fortunately i'm an engineer so everyone is even more of a sperg than me
>>
Bump'd from page 10
Autist threads always die early. Too many damn normalfag NTs here
>>
I don't know. I've seen some actual autists before and they're pretty retarded

I'm just really antisocial and stupid
>>
>>37003977
Well obviously autism is a huge spectrum. It ranges from people who just seem awkward to literal retards who can't communicate or take care of themselves
>>
>>37002125
Same with the eye contact and my mind literally goes blank and white when someone initiates conversation with me about a topic that I have no desire to discuss or have not prepared for. I then make irrational excuses to excuse myself from the situation. I told my coworker that I have difficulty speaking to her because she's too attractive that it feels like hazing. I expected her to go to HR but she turned out to be very understanding and has taken to communicating only via internal messaging now.

I'm told that I make inappropriate a-a-and cynical jokes all the time except I never have the intent not desire to make jokes. The idea of saying things to make others laugh, why?

I just want to do my job, do it well, get paid, and go home without fuss. That's not autism but the works makes it out to be. I don't want to socialize after work, I don't want to cut corners throughout the day to nickel and dime every minute that I can to not work.
>>
>>37002664
Do you think the government would have given you the bux if your parents were dead?
>>
File: ce2.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
ce2.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>37002125
>probably has autism
>probably
>>
Look into schizoid personality disorder. A lot of robots are schizo spectrum
>>
>>37002125
I'm all of these except the bottom half.
>>
>>37004348
I'm not sure. I don't think they take parental support into consideration for adults. If they were dead I have no idea what I would do. No one's going to hire a palpably autistic 25-year-old with no work history or degree
>>
>refer to myself in the third person a lot
>talk to myself all the time
>make up tons of phrases and words and inside jokes that only I am in on
>punch myself and slap myself a lot when I fuck up at things if nobody is around
>call myself pathetic and trash a lot aloud if nobody is around
How bad am I?
>>
>>37004409
Oh that's another I'm sure I have, I show almost every one of the symptoms
>>
>>37004615
Have you considered seeing if that would reconsider if your parents were dead?
>>
>>37004792
Are you trying to tell me to kill me parents?
>>
File: mfw wow.jpg (52KB, 614x410px) Image search: [Google]
mfw wow.jpg
52KB, 614x410px
>>37002664

You write at far too high a level to be "really" autistic.
>>
>>37005587
T. guy who doesn't understand autism
>>
>>37005587
DFW was autistic
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.