[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human kind will one day cease the pointless bickering, and look

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: station1.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
station1.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
Human kind will one day cease the pointless bickering, and look up, to space.
We will expand out, into the stars.
Humanity will unite under a single banner, expanding like a heated blade into the cold, uncaring depths of space. Colonising, invading and growing.
Soon, not only our Solar System will be ours, but the entire milky way.
Who knows if we'll meet aliens?

Either way, humanity will carve a path throughout the stars. Leaving a mark that will burn bright for a million years, even after we're gone.

But what then?
As our corpses go to dust, as our great creations shudder to a halt, as the space-capable vessels rust and fall apart, becoming nothing more than decrepit shells of steel and titanium in the endless darkness, the mark will fade.

The creations we have been working towards for millions of years will finally become nothing yet again, returning to the atomic soup, the mark of humanity, the bright swathe across the stars knits together, what then?

Humanity isn't eternal, in the end everything will be for nothing. Humanity is pointless. There is no higher power, we have no reason. We are here down to random chance and nothing more, simply aiming to make our "run" a good one, for what else can we do?

Godspeed, /r9k/. Let humanity leave a mark that burns for an eternity.
>>
>>37000500
Unless we can turn around the horrible shit we're doing to our planet now, we will never be expand out sufficiently. We'll die before it happens.
>>
>>37000500
How could it be for nothing if it is for everything?
>>
>>37000500
>Implying we will ever have tech capable of colonizing anything but a small settlement on Mars
We'll never have the cool ass shit needed to leave the solar system, or travel to other galaxies. We'll never meet another sentient species or have giant space ships.

Life a fuck kill them all
>>
>>37000556
>How could it be for nothing if it is for everything?
We can't have everything forever. We'll have everything, but failure is part of the human condition.
Eventually we'll lose our grip on the universe. The void is all that awaits us then.

>>37000526
I have faith in humanity.

>>37000584
It'll take years, decades, centuries. But humanity finds a way, Anon.
Today, we are left to petty squabbles over useless feelings. Tomorrow, he'll rule the stars. The next we'll be gone and forgotten.
>>
>>37000694
I agree, anon. Ad astra Per Aspera.
>>
>>37000694
>I have faith in humanity.
It's not humanity, it's economics. We need to abolish market economics and plan this shit out to stop such wasteful use of our resources. We also need to liquidate classes and the nation-state as a construct to both prevent mass wars and to actually achieve a united humanity. Nationalism and patriotism are cancerous and must be violently stomped out.

This space fantasy you have will only be possible with blood, death, and destruction.
>>
>>37000694
I don't know. If the void is just some trashbin for this dimension then who knows what else is beyond that
>>
>>37000761
Ave, Comrade!
>>
>>37000761
>>37000779

"Only be possible through blood, death and destruction."

Ad astra Per Aspera, my friend. Destruction is a side-effect of humanity. Destruction will lead to unity, and to humanity's long-wanted prize, the stars. All pointless in the end though, eh?
>>
>>37000779
Does it matter what political ideology triumphs?
In the end we'll reach the stars regardless.
With unity. we can head to the stars. Unity under any banner.
>>
>>37000779
Comrade!

>>37000826
The issue is that humanity is too pacified to go through such radical change. We need a radical overthrow of the present standards of society and formation of a new one. But everyone is too busy rather mindlessly buying their new, slightly improved iPhone while drinking at Starbucks or variously starving and working to death in the third world while fighting wars for an imaginary god that goes by different names.

It's over. Humanity is done. We're past the point at which we can turn things around.

>>37000849
>Does it matter what political ideology triumphs?
Yes. The all-consuming ideology of Liberalism has to be squashed beneath a worker's boot. Humanity must be free.
>>
no you stupid cunt
there will be no humanity, just superior silicon replacements
and if they have any sense they will realize what a fucking waste of time space exploration is
>>
>>37000500
You know metal doesn't rust in space, right?
>>
>>37000898
I agree. We need change, and we need just the person for it.
>>
>>37000500
We were born to make memes
>>
>>37000898
This is why religion is bad. We need to overthrow religion, and every religion. Not until the worker is equal.
>>
>>37000906
No oxygen to make it rust. It was just imagery, anon.

>>37000898
Fascism would work equally well. Anything that unites the people would. Far left/right ideologies would both unite humanity equally. when you get to far to either side, it becomes the same thing.
Either way, I don't want to argue with you over whether two practically identical ideologies (As in, when you get so far to one side, they become the same, as I mentioned.) would be better than one another.

Either way, I agree with you talking about humanity uniting.
And I believe it will happen, one day. I have hope in humanity.
>>
>>37001049
It's pretty shitty imagery talking about shit that doesn't work
>>
>>37000500
it is amazing what we will be able to do with nanomachines, mark my word.
>>
>>37000500
You have a lot of hope anon. Personally, I don't know if we'll ever stop the retarded bs we carry on and actually look to the future.
>>
File: asDvf.png (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asDvf.png
756KB, 1920x1080px
Humanity will never touch the stars. Two paths lie ahead of us:

Global dystopian government in which the individual is regarded as a drone

or

Extinction

The time for us to become something more faded away quite some time ago, now we'll never know.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.