[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens to neets when their parents die? I'm scared

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

File: 1481207509708.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481207509708.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
What happens to neets when their parents die? I'm scared for my future, I never thought about it until someone asked me the other day. As long as nothing bad happens I have at least like 30 years left until that situation but still...
>>
You either get a job, move in with another family member or kill yourself. Getting govment money is an option, but it takes time and is never easy
>>
You either man up and get a job, become homeless or kys
>>
>>36984594
I can't see being able to move in with another family member. I wonder if it's possible to get govment money and live in a shitty place with other like minded neets so we could afford rent without working.

I don't care about it being a shitty place as long as the internet is good and the other people aren't chads.
>>
>>36984578
This is what scares me anon. I have a part time job and I'm not even getting $500 a month less than that. I mean I guess I could save some money and coast fora year or two after my parents pass in the future, but what do I do then? I feel scared that i'm all alone in this world once they are gone and have a shitty part time job. Like where do I even go to find somewhere I can live with that or where do I even go to get government housing?
>>
there are a few i know on my street. older guys in their 40s or 50s living alone in run down houses with the paint peeling off, overgrown lawns and old faded shitbox car sitting outside in the driveway. muffler rotted away years ago so you always hear them when they drive past. sloppy, overweight, looking generally depressed and defeated by life. presumably they live off of disability or something like that because they've all got medical conditions. one walks with a cane, one can be seen sitting on the street corner outside his house sometimes by the stop sign with an oxygen tank and tube in his nose. one's got some kind of developmental disability that gave him a hunch back, i wish i was joking he's kind of a local personality. goes on walks every day around town. when i was a kid there was also a can-man who'd go around with a grocery cart collecting bottles and cans to recycle for the 5 cent deposit but he's probably dead by now.

if you can get on disability it doesn't seem that bad, sad and lonely but some people are just meant to be that way right?
>>
>>36984867
I wish I could get on disability but the only thing I have is depression so that can't really do anything. I rather get disability and live in a shitty house by myself then get a job with random roommates
>>
>>36984916
the thing is, at least here, you need a certain number of work credits to qualify for disability. meaning, that you've worked a certain amount of time in the past and paid a certain amount of taxes from it. unless you have been disabled since before you were a working adult and have the medical documentation to prove it.
>>
>>36984578
I imagine something along the lines of what happened to that mute NEET in Welcome to the NHK. He nearly died of starvation and then he went out and got a job delivering food or some shit.
>>
>>36984916
I'd feel a lot more safe living with a bunch of other losers as long as they're good people, my main fear is winding up having to work a job all the time with people I hate, or be around a bunch of chads or outgoing drug addicts or something.

I used to sometimes stay over my friend's house in college, and they lived in a tiny place splitting the cost and would just hang out and play video games or browse the internet all day quietly. It was heaven.
>>
>>36985086
Man I wouldn't mind living in a tiny place as long as it wasn't in the ghetto you know?
>>
Id probably sell the house & use that money to get a tiny apartment somewhere cheap. I dont know how long id be able to live off of that. I'll probably end up homeless at some point.
>>
>>36985104
Lost them a while ago, but I used to have these photos from 2ch of this small single room that was just a couple of sofas and some futons of the floor, and a bunch of TVs with video games set up and 8 or 9 japanese people living there

Place was obviously a mess, but looked comfy with people just sitting around playing games or whatever.
>>
you gotta eat them for sustenance

their pets too, you can't do this halfway
>>
>>36985210
aren't you afraid of being homeless? Mindlessly walking the streets waiting for your next meal?

>>36985304
Eh I wouldn't want to live with that many people but maybe 1 or 2 others.
>>
>>36985304

>wanting to live in close quarters with a bunch of other autists

No thanks
>>
>>36984677
If you do get bux, look at small farming cities in Kansas or some others Midwest state. I'm renting a 700sq ft house for $350/mo plus utilities.
>>
>>36985401
Holy fuck what do you do for a living in a farming city?
>>
>>36985321
>aren't you afraid of being homeless? Mindlessly walking the streets waiting for your next meal?

I'm terrified, but I feel like it's inevitable. I cant work & have been denied disability twice. I have no friends or family who would put up with me if something were to happen to my folks and i dont know what to do.
>>
>>36985345
Being an autist myself, it doesn't tend to bother me. I'm much more comfortable around unshowered retards who spend all day on their 3ds than some fucking ultrachad normie who's gonna judge me all the time.

Visited my friend who lived in a sharehouse with some furry/mlp autists a few years ago and they were very nice accepting people as long as you don't mind weird shit like seeing discarded horse cock dildos in the hallways.

I'd say they usually have better intentions than normies who go out of their way to fuck you over so they can "win at life" or whatever.
>>
>>36985415
Probably farm or do something farming related. That or retail shit at the gas stations/walmart/fast food joints.
I just NEET around all day.
>>
>>36985401
I pay about that for my small room here in nipland. Need to find a roommate to illegally share with if I'm gonna be able to afford to keep this up though.

I wouldn't even know how to go about asking people though, even if I could find someone that doesn't seem like a normie I'd hate to be around.
>>
>>36985424
See this shit scares me right here. If my folks died and I lost my job I would end up in the streets just like that. I would have no clue on what or how to survive being homeless.

>>36985439
I heard the farming industry is shit and drains you from your life even more so than shit retail jobs.
>>
>>36985468
>I heard the farming industry is shit and drains you from your life even more so than shit retail jobs.

Pretty much all jobs are trash. Best way I've found is work out how to get something part time and make ends meet by cutting costs wherever you can.

That way you're still bringing in money enough to survive, but you don't sacrifice all of your free time.

Sweet spot seems to be 4 hour shifts 3 or 4 days a week, somewhere that'll give you some kind of benefit like free food or covers transport costs or someshit.
>>
>>36985510
How does one get on foodstamps with a part time job like that? Let's say I land a part time job like that 4hours a shift 4 days a week. I know that wouldn't be enough money to pay rent and buy food where I'm from.
>>
I come to believe that /r9k/ is the opposition to /pol/. Instead of personal responsibility and freedom we choose to demand handouts and blame it one the working people.
>>
>>36985635
free will is an illusion and personal responsibility doesn't exist
>>
>>36985540
Get paid cash and don't tell anyone you're working. Live illegally with someone else and pay half the rent each.

Depending on what country you live in you get a free ride for autismburgers if you can claim it.

You're right though, a lot of people choose to not work at all because it's better to claim the benefits than waste their time and get less money.
>>
>>36985703
If I choose to sit on my ass all day while having others do the work so I can, it's a decision of free will and a lack of personal responsibility. Saying they don't exist won't make them go away.
>>
>>36985762
What? I'm trying to get foodstamps with a part time job. Plus getting autismburgers is hard as fuck where I am.
>>
>>36985765
we live in a deterministic world retard, a domino doesn't "choose" to fall over it gets pushed
>>
>>36985793
>get paid under the table
>stop working

these are your choices
>>
>>36985820
what the fuck does that even mean
I know for a fucking fact niggers cheat the system and get a shit ton on foodstamps
>>
>>36985635
>muh you're being immoral
Yeah I'll slave my life away so I can afford some sweatshop-made clothes and food from underpaid farmers, that'll fix my moral compass! right?
>>
>>36984578
I was 17 when my parents threw me out into the street to, in my father's last words to me, "root hog, or die." I've gone through repeated bouts of homelessness in the 30 years since (including one lasting an entire year), lived in squats and condemned buildings, and destroyed my health with stress and poor diet (I'm diabetic, asthmatic, going slowly blind from a rare form of glaucoma, and have chronic pain from peripheral neuropathy and rotting teeth), but consider myself fortunate. Because I didn't have the choice to rely on anyone but myself for survival, I was forced to develop robust survival skills. I can endure almost anything.

The kindest thing your parents could do would be to kick you out and force you to sink or swim.
>>
>>36985834
It means working and not declaring your income so that you can still claim benefits. The system thinks you're poor and gives handouts accordingly.

In the UK, most of the foreigners do it by trading in goods rather than cash. I.e. shop A gives shop B some food for some of their clothes. No money is exchanged and no taxes are paid.
>>
>>36985892
>I consider myself lucky
you're a dumbass then. your life has been shit and you should be angry.

Don't let other people shit all over you and tell you to be "grateful for what you have".
>>
File: Thoreau2.jpg (69KB, 300x376px) Image search: [Google]
Thoreau2.jpg
69KB, 300x376px
>>36985943
>you should be angry
Would my life be better if I allowed myself to be consumed by negativity and bitterness? I take what life has given me gratefully and humbly, since I won the lottery just by being born and surviving to adulthood. Everything else is just gravy.

To quote Thoreau, "The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace."
>>
>>36985987
Your life won't get better if you accept all the shit people throw at you and tell yourself you're a piece of crap that deserves it. It'll just enable people to make your life even shitter when they see you don't fight back.
>>
>>36986021
One of the benefits a life of hardship gives is a true appreciation for the good things of life. Just having a full belly and a warm, safe place to sleep is enough to make me content. It's not until you've gone hungry and cold and had no place to lay your head that you can truly be grateful for comfort when it comes. You have a lot more than I do, but I'm the one content with what he has. What does that tell you?

"Happy the man to whom heaven has given a morsel of bread for which he is obliged to thank heaven alone." -- Miguel de Cervantes, from Don Quixote
>>
>>36985895
Well this doesn't help me since I'm not in the UK and in the US you are forced to say if you have a job or not since the IRS WILL HUNT YOU DOWN
>>
>>36986081
That's why you lie and say you don't have a job.
>>
>>36985892
How the fuck do you even survive homeless ness with all that shit (diabeticand asthmatic) Wouldn't you have died by getting a asthma attack or your foot rotting off and getting chopped off because of diabetic reasons?
>>
>>36985635
If gibs didn't exist (no welfare and etc) living standards would be way higher and people could actually afford living working barely half of what they do nowadays, meaning there'd be many many more jobs, so many that most neets would be able to find something decently paid.

The problem with taxation is that the damage it does in not seen even though it still is there, while the "benefits" of redistribution are very tangible for those in the receiving end. As long as gibs exist it's always in your best interest to try and take them, since it's stolen money and pretty much everyone would rather choose receive stolen goods than being stolen from themselves.

NEETs often are people that could get a job if they put a reasonable amount of effort towards it but decide to opt out of it if they can leech government or relatives because they know full well how things are and lack the motivation to slave away to have half of their income stolen so some bum can play videogames.

Also, there's some horseshit you just said:
>is the opposition to /pol/. Instead of personal responsibility and freedom
the average /pol/ack (stormies specially, but also nationalists) is against personal responsibility and freedom. He just wants daddy government to make everything right and tell him what to do.

>>36985762
>You're right though, a lot of people choose to not work at all because it's better to claim the benefits than waste their time and get less money.
This guy knows.
>>
>>36986091
And go to jail once IRS knows I fought the system? No fucking thanks.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 205x246px
>>36986118
You'll have food, water and shelter for free the entire time. If you're at the point where you need to work and claim food stamps just to stay alive you probably don't give that much of a shit if you go to jail for something petty like this.

It's not like they're gonna put you with murderers and keep you in for 5 years for stealing food stamps while you work your ass off.
>>
>>36986166
No but once they relase you, they will monitor your social security numbers when you get a new job so they can take your money away.
>>
>>36985345
>Do something to vaguely annoy your housemates
>they cum in your milk and wipe your toothbrush on their asshole

I read too many Devilish threads with passive aggressive sperglords to be comfortable living with several at once
>>
>>36986108
It hasn't been easy. For instance, I life with numbness and constant, 24/7 pain in my hands and feet from peripheral neuropathy due to a lifetime of poor diet combined with diabetes. Likewise, all four of my wisdom teeth became impacted, fractured into pieces, and destroyed my molars, leaving me with razor-sharp shards of broken, rotting teeth which cause constant chronic pain and non-stop infections. But a life of hardship also produced the strength and stoicism necessary to deal with those kinds of issues. Every time life adds another challenge, I simply add it to the pile and keep moving. Strength of spirit and depth of character is like a muscle; it grows stronger and stronger the more you're forced to use it.

>>36986115
The government spends more on handouts to large corporations than it does on welfare, healthcare, and education combined. You're moaning over pennies while the sociopathic old white men who rule the world steal *trillions*.
>>
>>36986189
No I'm not asking how you lived with your conditions and your motivational speech. I'm asking how did you survive. Did you ask for money like most bums, did you sleep in dumpsters on cold/hot nights. Did you ever go to a soup kitchen? How did you manage to land a job being homeless?
>>
File: 1492464888162.jpg (95KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1492464888162.jpg
95KB, 600x612px
>>36986189
How does that justify anything? Two wrongs don't make a right.

If anything, the only reason gov sends handouts to individuals is to legitimize higher and higher taxation that later subsidizes those "evil old white men" you complain about.

In short, they are not giving you gibs because they give a shit about you, they are just using you to justify their theft. Way to be a tool.
>>
>>36986189
>omg so strong, strength through hardship, I stay happy even though life is shit
>just glad to not be dead lol but secretly wish I was never born

dude we're not normies, you don't have to put on this stupid shit here
>>
>>36986232
I hustled. You survive on the street by hustling. You are always looking for a deal, a trade, a way to turn a few bucks into more. Sometimes you panhandle. Sometimes you buy shady stuff you know you can flip at a profit. Sometimes you learn new skills you can use to make money. These days, for example, I do tarot readings on a small folding table on the street. Last month I managed to score a wholesale lot of 25 used, cordless, Logitech keyboards on eBay for less than $100, and will spend the next month flipping them to triple my money. I go dumpster diving on a regular basis, and know all the best spots to hit. There's a hotel downtown, for example, which throws out entire boxes of pizza, untouched, whenever they have a major event. And the local Subway throws away entire garbage bags filled with sub buns every single night when they close. (I have also scored everything from 10 pound bags of hot peppers and lettuce slightly past the best before, still unopened, and wrapped, 5 pound bags of frozen cold cuts one day past their best before date.)

You learn to scratch out survival.
>>
>>36986377
Ok but what sleeping, where would you sleep?
>>
>>36986434
I didn't like shelters since they're run by authoritarian assholes and Bible-thumping, brainwashed morons for the most part. Plus they stink of unwashed crotch and are infested with lice and scabies. I had a tent and a bedroll which I used, but I'd squat when I could. If you get to know the local street punks, they always know where the best squats are.
>>
>>36986477
Why not hustle an autism diagnosis for bux
>>
>>36984578
The same thing that happens to pets when their owners die
>>
>>36986566
I did, eventually, but it took two years and cost me over a thousand dollars for an advocate to assist me with paperwork, meetings, and doctors.
>>
>>36986477
I thought shelters only let people in at night so they can sleep and then kick them out in the morning?
>>
>>36984916
My older brother is on disability for depression. Since he was 18, he's been in and out of mental hospitals for drug problems and failed suicide attempts. Never had a job. He's 26 now and living off disability.

So I guess the moral of the story is that if you want disability for depression, a couple failed suicide attempts will get you there.
>>
>>36986610
How much does he get paid?
>>
>>36984578
By then we'll have something like UBI or live in a dystopia, either way you'll stand next to a garbage can fire for warmth.
>>
realistically? you get a really shit job then end up having to move to the worst part of town because poor people are treated like shit and all corralled into the same area so no one has to deal with them.

the best investment you can make as a NEET while you're a NEET is a handgun because you will be living in the worst part of town eventually.

i'm not even a NEET and i'm preparing for the worst.
>>
>>36986609
Yes? And? I'm not sure how anything I wrote contradicts that. Incidentally, one of the more successful methods I eventually developed for sleeping outside without getting hassled and rousted by the cops was to sleep during the day. As long as you keep a book open on your chest, you can sleep under a tree with a root for a pillow in any park and people will simply assume you're a student napping.
>>
>>36986625
I'm not sure, but I think a little more than $1,000 a month. He's living in income-based housing so his rent is only $50, too, and I think he may be on food stamps, as well.
>>
>>36986714
Holy shit I would be so fucking glad if I have housing and foodstamps then at least 1k spending money for a whole month
>>
>>36986734
He doesn't get that much. The way it works is you get X amount of money towards rent up to a maximum amount, and Y amount to live on. For instance, here in Ontario you get up to $475 for rent, plus $550 to live on. If your rent is more than $475, it comes out of the money they give you to live on. But if it's less, they just give you less money in the rent portion. So if your rent is only $50, then you only get $50 of that $475 for rent.
>>
you inherit their money and home if its in their will

so you basicly have a house and some savings to start with
>>
>>36986775
So they don't pay utilities? Where does the 550 to live on come from? So let's say rent over here is like 500 for one room your saying the government would give me 500 for rent and another 500 for expenses like utilities and other necessities
>>
>>36986734
Yeah, me too. I make about what he does with my "job" (teaching "assistant" at my university), but I pay $450 a month in rent and about $2000 a year in class fees, that I'm required to pay so I can continue working for the college.

I had a failed suicide attempt a couple years ago that resulted in me getting tossed into a mental hospital for a week and jesus fucking christ I wish I would have capitalized on it to get neetbux.

>>36986775
That's not how it works here. At least, not from what I've heard from him and my mother. Apparently he just gets $1,000 every month and can spend it on whatever.
>>
>>36986833
We're talking about disability payments here. Utilities come out of that $475 portion. If your rent plus utilities is more than $475, it comes out of the $550 they give you to live on. Given that a one-bedroom apartment in Toronto is $1200 or more, you're pretty much forced to either move to a small town (which means you have no hope for employment and you'll be on disability for life), or share a house with a dozen other people, or live in a shitty, roach-infested rooming house.
>>
File: 1481653279613.png (53KB, 200x214px) Image search: [Google]
1481653279613.png
53KB, 200x214px
>>36984578
>relying on your poor parents to pay for and look after you for 30 years
how the fuck do you do it anon? Are you not guilty?
>>
>>36986869
I thought getting hit to mental hospital or mental daycare places it sticks on your record so it's harder to land a job?

>>36986879
being on disability for life sounds comfy if everything is paid for and you get a couple bucks a month to buy whatever you want. It's like a dream I get to be in my room all day and get paid for it
>>
>>36984594
>kill yourself.

This is what stupid 4chan losers believe they succesfully destroy or demean NEETS with. Just do you, who cares about the rest. NEVER kill yourself, life is merely about pleasure.

Never forget that.
>>
>>36986905
Except your income gets cut every year. They occasionally increase disability and welfare rates by 1% or so, but it never keeps pace with inflation. It means that disability rates have actually lost about 20% to inflation in the last 20 years. Costs of food and shelter and everything else keep going up, but disability rates stay the same. And you get reassessed every year and have to prove that you're still disabled or get kicked off, unless your initial assessment said that you were permanently unemployable.
>>
>>36986905
>I thought getting hit to mental hospital or mental daycare places it sticks on your record so it's harder to land a job?
Maybe. I'm pursuing a masters degree right now and my job is through my university and I did my undergrad here, so I think the hiring process for that job is bit more academic-based, and they don't do that thorough of a background check.

I guess I'll figure out if it's going to be hard to get a job or not in a year when I graduate. If it's too hard, I'll just try to go on neetbux for depression like my brother, or kill myself.
>>
>>36986957
Then how does your brother pass his "depression assessment"
>>
>>36986983
I'm not that guy. They may have a different system wherever he is. I should also add that one of the problems here is the stigma associated with being on disability. Ever since the Ontario Supreme Court legally declared drug addiction to be a "disease," people have been able to get disability for being hopelessly alcohol or addicted to drugs. So when you're trying to rent an apartment, no one wants to rent to you. They'll give you lectures about how they don't rent to junkies, or that they want a quiet tenant without constant drama and police raids.
>>
>>36987012
Yeah but I thought it was easier to get neetbux in Canada than the US
>>
>>36987037
No, they reject more than 90% of applications the first time you apply to force you to go through the appeals process. Something like 80% of appeals succeed, but relatively few people have the skills and ability to go through the appeals process. My appeal took two years, and I was only able to do so by paying an advocate $1000 to help me with paperwork, meetings, getting doctors who will certify you in all the right ways, and so on. (For example, I had a doctor who had certified me as having a disability which interfered with daily living, which is actually a higher level of disability than interfering with employment -- but because he didn't check the box marked "interferes with employment" my application was rejected and I had to go back and have him fill out the entire application again.)
>>
Where does one get help for paying rent or needing money for food? Where would I even go?
>>
>>36987080
How long did your comfy neet life last after it started?
>>
>>36987102
It's still going on. The neutral third-party doctor assigned to adjudicate my appeal said in her decision that not only was it obvious I had a severe disability, but that no reasonable person could ever see me being employable. I was given permanent disability for life. I never have to go through the process again, unless they change the rules.
>>
>>36987137
So you living a comfortable life since you don't have to worry about working and bills?
>>
>>36987155
No. Cost of living is extremely high here. For instance, phone and Internet alone cost $160 a month. A head of lettuce costs $3. A head of cauliflower costs $5 at the moment.
>>
>>36987187
I like your ideas about dumpster diving. I work in a restaurant that was chucking out beer that was past its due by date. Took a box home. I never thought about subway or the chain restaurants.
>>
>>36987187
why not move into a cheaper apartment or look for a room mate? Plus just eat rice and beans and potatoes those should be the cheapest and keep a decent diet.
>>
>>36987357
How long do you think you can live on starchy, high-GI foods without repercussions? I'm diabetic specifically because of a lifetime of that kind of diet being forced on me. Poor people food will make you sick.

A few years ago, a bunch of celebrities and politicians did a "welfare challenge" for one month, living on only what they could buy with the amount of money given on welfare. Their written accounts afterward all mentioned the same thing, that their diet left them feeling constantly sleepy and exhausted, that they couldn't concentrate on anything, and that when they tried to eat healthy they simply ran out of money and were forced to starve for days at a time.
>>
>>36987450
You could just move into a cheaper place or get a room mate and that'll cut your some more money for food.
>>
>>36985635
>/pol/
>personal responsibility
They blame the jews for everything
>>
>>36986068
You are a good goy
>>
>>36986068
>I'd rather get the shit beat out of me 5 days a week so I can appreciate these two days where I don't get fucked up
no thanks
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.