[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do youtube channels like this exist? they upload copyrighted

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: how.png (439KB, 980x833px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
439KB, 980x833px
how do youtube channels like this exist? they upload copyrighted content that gets thousands of views, doesn't get automatically flagged, and even runs ads on the content. how do these channels stay, how can they dodge content ID, and how much money could they possibly be pulling in??
>>
>>36984064
Copyright claims don't take down videos sometimes, they'll still run ads but the money goes to the copyright holder.

I think they do it because they hope people will watch the rest of their channel and watch something they can actually earn money on.
>>
>>36984109
for this channel specifically, they only have 13 videos, each with at least 100k views, all of them full episodes of penn and teller. if all the episodes are getting flagged immediately, then why upload them?

also in one of the videos they dubbed over one of the songs to avoid content ID, so something tells me he has an interest in keeping his channel relatively undetected.
>>
>>36984131
Could just be someone who likes it and wants to share? Sometimes channels go down, videos get removed, so it's good to have backups.

Occasionally a copyright claim will silence a video instead of just taking the ad revenue, it's possible that's what happened.
>>
>>36984197
good point. do you think there's any way these channels could possibly be making money for the uploader?
>>
>>36984215
Not 100% sure but I doubt it, when people are trying to skirt around copyright claims the videos will have a bunch of filters or other editing done so it won't be recognized. I think this person is just uploading them because they like it, maybe want to watch it from their phone if they're somewhere else, sharing it with people who like it too, or something like that.
>>
>>36984285
do you have any experience with getting paid from ad revenue? or anything similar to the above situation?
>>
>>36984307
A bit, I've had a channel for a while but haven't made more than a few pennies.
>>
>>36984347
do you think (with a reasonable effort, not too much and not too little) someone could upload tv shows and movies to youtube and have them stay up long enough to get the ad revenue from it?
>>
>>36984368
I don't think so, and you might end up in trouble down the road if you got away with it for a while anyway. Most companies seem to be keeping up with copyright claims because they know a fair bit of money is involved with it. I've made a few videos that had 15+ year old music in it and it's all gotten claims.
>>
>>36984443
damn. oh well. thanks for the help anon
>>
>>36984455
No problem. Good luck in the future if you're just trying to figure out something to do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.