[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come when you're a woman and ask a guy to share his

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 28

File: tickle.gif (458KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
tickle.gif
458KB, 220x229px
how come when you're a woman and ask a guy to share his feelings with you, they always respond with some dumb shit and not actually anything about their emotions or traumatic events or anything?

we know you guys have emotions and have been through shit too, why do you never want to share this? the more you share it the better you feel, even if the person you share it to ends up being a cunt
>>
>>36980263
Isn't that a bit personal though ?
>>
>>36980280
in the context that you're dating them or romantically involved with them i mean
>>
>>36980263
b/c that's really broad and personal
>>
>>36980263
Women stop seeing you as a man once you start showing emotions.
>>
>>36980302
To a degree it may or may not be personal for them. That factor remains to be decided on where they wanna go with their current partner.
>>
>>36980332
even if you're dating???
>>
why would i want to share my traumatic experiences ? whats the point
and fuck off, get the fuck out of this board
>>
>>36980363
especially if you're dating
>>
>>36980263
I've always been open with my emotions, I sort of think of it as a trial-by-fire kind of thing. I think I'm a good (boy)friend otherwise, so if you're going to neglect that because I'm emotional sometimes, you weren't worth my time.

I enjoy opening up to people who care.
>>
>>36980302
I can't trust people anymore.
>>
>tfw bf is one of the unemotional types
>tfw talking to him when I'm sad makes me feel sader
fuck my life senpai
>>
>>36980392
He's not unemotional, he just doesn't share with you because you dump on him. You make him feel like he's responsible for your emotions, and that means that he's unable to offset some of his burden onto you.
>>
>>36980353
>>36980356
>>36980370
>>36980373
>>36980383
every time i have shared my emotions with a guy who ended up being a dick to me and cheating on me or telling me to kill myself or something, i never felt regret for sharing them or revealing something personal to them

sharing personal and emotional things helps them to put them out in the open and they eventually become something you feel less anxiety over. it helps so much.
>>
>>36980412
blow it out your ass

I don't know how I expected that to be an original comment
>>
>>36980263
when guys have a problem they dont share it as if they are ruined by it because they internalize it as a problem they are continually solving. they will always carry it with them and try to work with it and its normal this way

seeking help for something you know that only you can solve is pathetic and NOT attractive
>>
>>36980263
Isn't it more mysterious and therefore attractive for a guy to have unresolved issues that he refuses to talk about.

idk how girls minds work. guys don't talk feelings often cause we deal with that shit ourselves.
>>
>>36980412
Why are you sharing emotions with people who are later telling you to kill yourself, cheat on you, etc.? You should make better friends.
>>
>>36980412
The last person I told something in confidence to shared it around behind my back.
Even our bed wasn't safe.
I can't trust anyone anymore.
>>
File: Data-Star-Trek-Brent-Spinner.jpg (43KB, 500x917px) Image search: [Google]
Data-Star-Trek-Brent-Spinner.jpg
43KB, 500x917px
>>36980392
its the same with my boyfriend, but he's not a dick or anything he's just a robot and doesn't know how to emotions

he's literally data from star trek

>>36980408
i don't do any of that, he's just always been this way and i have no idea why. he's not like anxious about it or anything either, and nothing traumatic has happened to him or anything like that. he's just a sperg. and i'm a sperg too, but im also a woman so i still have lots of emotions.
>>
>>36980435

This.

I never talk about my problems to anyone else besides a psychiatrist sometimes.

They are MY problems, so they should solved by myself, they aren't anyone else's issue
>>
File: port2.jpg (41KB, 400x555px) Image search: [Google]
port2.jpg
41KB, 400x555px
>>36980446
they weren't dicks when i first met them they became that way later on

>>36980449
that was a shitty thing to do but it just shows they were a shitty person who wasn't worth your time anyway

men are always caring too much about shitty people doing shitty things instead of just dismissing them as shit people you don't want anything to do with in the first place and moving on with your life

>>36980436
no that's a huge red flag, it means he is hiding something about himself and unless he tells you what it is you just assume the worst automatically

>>36980435
>>36980490
that is what friends and people close to you are for though, when you have a problem and are feeling down about it and you just need someone to give you some love and comfort to get through it on your own

it doesn't make you weak or vulnerable it just makes you human, men have had friendships like this for all time except in the recent 50-70 years for some reason
>>
>>36980263
>the more you share it the better you feel
This is not true at all. For me it is never constructive and most likely affects the way the other person perceives me. It's taxing for both parties. I get exhausted and usually feel worse by the end of it.

It's better to bottle it up and move on with life because nothing really matters anyway.
>>
>>36980570
if it affects the way that person perceives then that just shows you that they are not worth your time anyway

men put way too much burden on themselves to be good for other people, when they need to remember that friendship and love is mutual and the person needs to be good for you, too
>>
>>36980263
If I know the girl and they open up to me I'll open up to her so it'll make it easier to converse.
>>
>>36980525
i had friends once but i gave them up. it was a mistake and its a very personal problem that i have to live with. its the life i choose

how can i complain to friends that i dont have friends? now you know why we are here
>>
>>36980412
You're missing the point. In the relationship it's a 2 way street. You can't be going one way expecting the other to follow suit. Takes more work
>>
>>36980658
if you chose that life then why would you need to complain about it?
>>
>>36980525
"unless he tells you you assume the worst."

I have a feeling thats generally wrong even if you are a girl. Not that I would know but every piece of conventional wisdom about men and feelings is "don't try and make them talk about it" and "women like bad boys who are mysterious and interesting."
>>
>>36980707
that's just correct for all humans though

if someone is hiding something you always assume the worst about what it could be
>>
>>36980525

I lost all my friends because I'm extremely private about everything, I basically don't disclose anything to anyone, family and friends included.

Why would anyone want to hear how depressed or distraught you are? Never made sense to me, all it's going to do is depress everyone around me and make them feel guilty.
Personally that's the main reason I never say anything.

Why multiple the misery?
>>
>>36980691
thats my point. men dont tell people about their problems because they choose to accept them. they accept responsibility for their personal failures, especially since personal failures are personal and no one can help with them

this is the part where i point out the distinction between men and almost-men
>>
File: come again.png (195KB, 345x366px) Image search: [Google]
come again.png
195KB, 345x366px
>>36980612
>lol they werent worth ur time anyway <33
You sound like an entitled brat.
>>
>>36980263
because you're sneaky bitches who always find a way to use it against us

you're basically just asking 'why don't you guys just dramatically shift the power dynamic of the relationship in our favor when we ask you to???'
>>
>>36980737
i mean if sharing your emotions to someone makes them feel negatively towards you they are objectively not worth your time then

that's not entitled at all, that's just common sense
>>
>>36980737
Not who you're replying to, but sometimes it's just true. It doesn't mean they're bad, but just that you wouldn't have enjoyed each other in the long run.
>>
>>36980728
I don't assume anything about another person's problems. I just hope they can deal with it. It's their life and they can seek support and advice if they need it, even without disclosing every detail about the problem.
>>
>>36980737
putting up a front to make friends means youre a thirsty beta queermo
>>
>>36980263
Depends. I was with someone highly depressive for 5 years while being depressive myself.

Problem was anytime I shared my feelings she'd cry then it would circle back to her.

I'm not sure if I was with someone more stable it'd be different. Unfortunately anyone I've been with has seen my autistic verbal patterns as not having emotion, as opposed to merely having difficulty expressing them.
>>
>>36980263
Here's my reasons why:
1. It's exhausting for everyone involved
2. I don't want to be smothered with 'awws' and pity
3. I cope well enough on my own

Having said that, I am open with people. I just don't act as though things bother me. Why would I make myself vulnerable? Just so that some girl could feel special or close to me?
>>
>>36980842
why not just tell them you have trouble expressing emotions then

this is what i never understand about men, they never communicate anything and just expect women to pick up on how they feel instead of just sitting down and using their words

why?
>>
>>36980868
what i don't understand about women is that they are supposed to be better at picking up on non-verbal cues than men.
>>
>>36980800
Tell me more about beeing yourself, anon
>>
>>36980855
you wouldn't want to make a girl you're involved with romantically feel special or close to you?
>>
>>36980868
I did, but would conveniently glaze over my issues and hold me culpable.

Also, legit autism, not self diagnosed, I learned about her issues she never bothered much about mine. The emotional care went one way.

If you're using the phrase " I never understand", you're not reading what people are typing.

Mind you, my mother is legit autistic as well so I've got a doubly enforced issue.
>>
>>36980800
It's not putting up a front, it's just not spilling your emotions like a faggot
>>
>>36980730

You never answered my question OP,
Why would you multiply and hurl your burden on to other people?
>>
>>36980903
embrace the fact that you are unlikeable then you will like yourself

>he doesnt thrive on anger and maladaptivity
>>
>>36980898
we are but it also makes more sense to just use your words as you can only read someone so much

and like i said, if you don't tell women things and are just a mystery, they always just assume the worst about you

women are told are entire lives to be careful around men, if you're gonna be mysterious that's a huge red flag for us
>>
>>36980925
you cant make your opinions known without getting emotional?
>>
>>36980263
You need to use your vagina to extract my feelings from my cock.
>>
>>36980931
why do you consider sharing your emotions with someone you're close to unloading a burden onto them? i don't expect them to solve my problems for me i just want them to give me a hug and make me feel better
>>
>>36980947
In that case you should know that men are different than women. Thats it. that's why we don't talk about things. deal with the fact that most men have that red flag. deal with the fact that most of the time its a false flag from you overthinking due to fear of what is probably a normal human being.
>>
>>36980972
>make me feel better
why would you do that when you can just solve, or even ignore the problem? those are much more efficient methods
>>
>>36980905
It's a slippery slope. I sometimes throw nosy people a bone so that they think I'm sharing, but really I'm just divulging the tip of the iceburg. Most people don't care.
>>
>>36980955
>opinions
That's not what the OP was about
>>
>>36980263
My problems aren't a big deal to me, but people blow is our of proportion to make themselves feel as though they're good people for caring. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. Leave me and my problems alone. If there's something practical you can do to help, then that would mean a lot more than anything else.
>>
>>36981021
because it's nice when the person you're involved with romantically cares about you feeling sad and comforts you, it makes you feel closer

women want to return the favor to men but they're unwilling to let us

>>36981014
then you're going to have to accept that women will turn you down for being shady and untrustworthy, sorry
if you're unwilling to let them in then they will be unwilling to let you in
>>
>>36981059
why can't comforting you be something that can help? why does it always only have to be a solution and not just like a hug or some nice words?
>>
>>36981067
why are you fighting so hard in this thread? people don't agree with you, you're talking to emotionally constipated robots, and you have a boyfriend. you have little value to r9k.
>>
>>36981067
I accept that I won't find a gf. That's unimportant to the fact that men don't talk about feelings cause men don't talk about feelings. It's completely unrelated to what I was attempting to explain. It's weird that you would bring it up.
>>
>>36981067
>because it's nice
>it makes you feel

??? so what? people sustain themselves financially by being able to fake that shit. how can you trust them? how long are you giving these men a chance to open up? a month? i wouldnt bother unless it was someone i really knew for years like a sibling (so i wont be bothering any time soon)
>>
>>36981101
i guess i just feel sad that men can't share their emotions with people and be comforted and stuff about it like women

seems like they'd feel a lot better and be happier if they did
>>
>>36981136
you still don't get that men are different from women and don't want to deal with things the same way.
>>
>>36981136
>why cant men seek comfort from people who are stronger than they are the way women do

why would you want to be weak and servile to someone who has no use for you?
>>
>>36981136
alright. tell that to your boyfriend? not sure what you want.

i like the way you think, but chances are my gf won't think the way you do, so i don't really care.
>>
>>36981166
>>36981168
i just keep hearing from men's rights groups about how its not fair that men are raised to not show emotions but i never see any men being the change they want to see

they always say
>well if i show emotions women will think less of me
but i have literally never a met a woman who feels this way

so if men should be allowed to be more open with their emotions, why aren't you trying to make that happen?
>>
>>36981098
Because most people take it too far. I don't want to hear some melodramatic reaction to my situation, nor do I want a hug because that will most likely make me feel uncomfortable.

I accept situations very quickly. I don't need to go through these emotional steps to reach that point. I don't need that kind of support.
>>
>>36981239
you've never felt really sad about something and just needed someone to hug you and say nice things ever?
>>
>>36981210
Men's rights groups are fringe and have varying opinions. there are just as many that want to be more traditionally masculine as there are that want to break conditioning and stereotypes.
>>
>>36981210
>but i have literally never a met a woman who feels this way
wrong, you have never met a woman who will say they feel this way, the data shows that most of them feel this way, because like i said before, whining about personal intimate problems is only permissible after you have a personal intimate relationship, which will not develop in just a few years of knowing someone. why would a woman want to deal with a whiny guy, unless through years of knowing him and learning that he's a quality person despite whining? hook up culture has destroyed any chance of real, productive relationships where a man can depend on a woman
>>
>>36980263
Souds like a good way to dry up your pussy because women hate weakness in men.
>>
>>36981263
When I was legit depressed I wanted a gf to accept me for being me and tell me its alright. that doesn't mean I wanted to disclose all my problems to her. I also eventually realized that that wouldn't help and I had to help myself.
>>
I'm a guy and I didn't know guys didn't share their emotions.

I usually deal with things on my own so I won't be able to bring something up just because I'm asked to. Seems a bit silly to think people work like that.
>>
>>36981303
>>36981308
every woman i've talked to complains to me about how their partners won't open up to them more. i've seen women even cry over this because they just want to feel close to their partners. i think you underestimate how important it is to women to share emotions with someone in order to feel closer to them. like it's seriously all women do with each other.
>>
>>36981321
a girl can't accept you for you if you don't reveal yourself to her, including your problems

she also can't comfort you through them if she doesn't know what they are
>>
>>36981344
and yet theres a reason women don't all just become lesbians.
>>
>>36981067
>then you're going to have to accept that women will turn you down for being shady and untrustworthy, sorry
>if you're unwilling to let them in then they will be unwilling to let you in

If you aren't just some fat man LARPing right now and are actually just a sincere but stupid girl, you should know that most men don't need to air their bullshit for pity points to manage a successful relationship.
>>
>>36981210
>>36981303
im gonna build on this because you got me really thinkin here

mens rights activists are fuckin stupid, like all activists

in the current state of affairs of favoring women in the legal world (you can't deny alimony custody etc favors women, educational industry, even hiring practices because 70c is a myth) women have to do MORE to prove that they actually do love a man instead of just being with him to take advantage of him. marriage isnt even being dependent on a person, it's relying on the state to tie you to them

does this make sense?

>>36981344
dont women also say crying is cathartic and is a good emotional release
>>
>>36981136

I wish I could talk more about my own feelings, but like I've said before here in this thread. I don't want to make other people's lives worse.
For example:
If I feel my existence is painful and hopeless, and this person I am talking to is a 'significant part' of my life, they will feel guilty and think they're not doing enough to help me.

I know how bad it feels for me, the last thing I want to do is make other innocent people around me feel the same way.
>>
>>36981374
children often make up for it, which is why women often really want children in emotionless relationships
>>
>>36981386
yes, exactly

and that is how crying works, in men and women, it's extremely healthy for you
>>
>>36980263
Sharing your actual feelings and emotions with a woman is social and romantic suicide. When a woman asks you to share your feelings, they don't ACTUALLY want to hear your feelings: they want to hear what they think your feelings should be. Expressing one's feelings is a feminine quality and nothing makes a woman less attracted to a man than emotional availability and expressiveness. Attractive men can get away with this because they are attractive, but average and ugly men doom themselves to lives of abject loneliness by taking women at face value when they try to probe into their emotions.

Remember: women can never be trusted to tell you the truth because if you knew the truth you would balk at their shallow, repulsive affect.
>>
men are producers, they have to produce because they know inherently that they are disposable. men know this because they feel this way towards other men. men dont see other men as sources of personal security, they see them as sources of utility; something to use. this is biological

>>36981418
so then men suppressing their emotions and making their gfs cry is exactly what they want then, dummy
>>
>>36981397
anon but if you tell other people this and find someone who is sympathetic to you and listens to you and comforts you, wouldn't that be really nice though?

you'll never find that person unless you open yourself to let them in

>>36981428
lmao no, crying doesn't form attachment
>>
>>36981365
My problems include everything that makes me unable to get a gf and stuck on /r9k/. it also included all the self reinforcing loops i was feeling about my own worthlessness. And a bunch of existential problems about why I should continue living. and the fact that people would resist my thought process. It's more of a depression thing than a man thing, but a women could still tell I was depressed and wanted to kill myself and that there were existential reasons why and an inability to tell myself I was worth anything. If a woman truly wanted to be emotional support she could have been someone who proved that I'm worth something by noticing me and wanting me without any prior obligation such as family ties.

But again thats depressed logic. there are no people who will save me. I had to get out of depression myself and find a reason to self improve so I could be worthy of a relatonship in the first place.

and then I figured out that there is no reason to be in a relationship at all.
>>
>>36981424
>don't share your emotions with anyone just keep them bottled up inside forever slowly getting worse and worse and harder to deal with until you shoot up a school or suicide

wow seems like rly gud advice dude thanks
>>
>>36981439
>lmao no, crying doesn't form attachment
??? are you just making shit up now?

>show emotions because it helps bond people
>a girl showing emotions by crying isnt helping to bond

>sometimes expressing emotions about your problems is more important than actually solving the problems
>except when your bf is too emotionless, then its a problem that needs fixing

???
>>
>>36981263
>you've never felt really sad about something
I've grown apathetic and most bad things that happen to me don't bother me so much anymore. I'll feel sad on occasion though, sure.

>and just needed someone to hug you and say nice things
Perhaps when I was a romantic teenager, then I might have fantasised about something like that. I'm a bitter man now though; when I'm at my worst then I just take a 3am walk and smoke a cigarette on a bench before going back home.
>>
>>36981466
That's not what I said. Share them with family, male friends and female friends you have no plans of romantically pursuing, but NEVER share them with women you have a romantic and sexual interest in. Women do not find male emotion attractive outside of anger and lust and will dry up like a desert if you give them a whiff of it. They might still aww and ahh and mother you, but they will never think of you sexually again.
>>
>>36980263
They only ones who ask are men.
>>
>>36981466
>if your life is shitty and you have no one to vent to then youre going to explode violently
do you really think this is how the world works? are you not aware that the vast VAST majority of men do not have intimate relationships or ways to vent emotion?

stop watching tv
>>
Yeah cause I love talking about my past, rape experience and paranoia haha, us robots r-r-right
>>
>>36981501
sharing emotional things with someone makes you feel more attached to them
crying around them makes you feel more at ease with them, it doesn't form attachment it just makes you feel more comfortable around them

women want to feel this way with their romantic partners, they know their men have problems, they want to help comfort them through it to feel closer to them, even if they are problems they cannot personally solve they just wanna be there for them in case it becomes too overwhelming for them
>>
>>36981514
see this post
>>36981344

>>36981537
see
>>36981210
>>
>>36981553
>sharing emotional things with someone makes you feel more attached to them
>crying around them makes you feel more at ease with them
are you high

really

so if i go in public and start crying then people will be comfortable around me?
>>
>>36981439

Yes that would be nice, the thing is (and I assume most guys here) my father was extremely unemotional and distant.
When there is no role model for how to act, you start to build habits unintentionally, and it's really hard to break them.

Ironically that is one of my problems, it feels like sharing problems is impossible, so the decision becomes whether to try and carry my own burden or just give in and leave forever.
>>
>>36981586
i mean they wouldn't tell you, but probably yeah, most people would probably ask you what's wrong and ask if you need help

unless you live in like Japan or something, then they would give you dirty looks, and they have high suicide rates, so
>>
File: your life is a meme.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
your life is a meme.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>36980263
When I do share my emotions I'm told I'm draining their energy and I'm a pit of despair and other such bullshit. I learned the lesson.
Only this board gets to be my emotional tampon.
>>
>>36981612
no, no they really would not

are you a man? men and women are not the same, women believe this because men are programmed biologically to take care of crying women, it does not work the other way around

if you saw a bum on the street crying, you would not try to help him, stop lying to yourself
>>
>>36981573
Women beg and plead and cry for you to be open with them but, characteristically, they have no idea what they really want. When women ask men to be emotional, what they expect are "emotional responses" along these lines.

>I love you so much I want to fuck you any way you want.
>Sometimes I get scared that I might hurt you by being too cold and aloof
>I just get so angry sometimes that it makes me want to choke you in bed!
>I shed a single, manly tear at that one thing you find really sad.

When they get actual, realistic emotional responses which require support and empathy, they quickly back out because it's "too much". Women are constantly in the throes of dealing with their own emotional frailty. They see male emotion as a burden and a sign of weakness and instantly lose sexual attraction to men who show it in any real capacity. They're hypocritical like that. It's their nature.

If you want a woman to stay interested in you, don't actually divulge your emotions: just give her a little taste of the generic, fantastical bullshit she wants to hear, fuck her and confide in someone who actually cares abut your problems.
>>
>>36981553
>even if they are problems they cannot personally solve they just wanna be there for them in case it becomes too overwhelming for them
Perhaps they should start by attempting to understand male psychology and why men DO NOT WANT THIS. Men want solutions to their problems, and they want to appear invulnerable and stoic to others. They do not want to admit their weakness only to get a pat on the head (and run the risk of it being used as ammunition in later arguments, making the woman less attracted to them or having it gossiped throughout the town).
>>
>>36981641
it depends if he looks like he's on meth or not, but i wouldn't help a female homeless person who looked like they were on meth either

but i've seen men crying in public before and asked if they were okay, they were so ashamed and awkward about it they couldn't just cry in front of someone even though they were in public
i felt so bad, i wish i could have given them hugs but i thought it would be awkward to do to a stranger
>>
>>36981679
>i thought it would be awkward
explore this emotion if you can. 'awkward' is not an excuse, there is more to this word
>>
>>36981676
>Men want solutions to their problems
This is the single cause of my problems when talking to any woman. They never show interest in a solution and I don't know, then, what the fuck they want.
>emotional interaction
What the fuck is that. What do you say when a woman says "I'm so sad, I think my bf is about to leave". Not even orbiter.
>>
>>36981553
>crying around them makes you feel more at ease with them
kek

>date emotional bf because his moodiness makes me feel comfortable
>he leaves me because apparently other women felt comfortable around him too
>>
>>36981849
seeeeee!

fucking thank you, men here don't understand that women love emotional men

it's like they never even bother to watch media aimed at women with a brooding emotional guy
>>
>>36981710
>What do you say when a woman says "I'm so sad, I think my bf is about to leave"
Assuming you're not trying to fug her, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_listening. Be exploratory rather than goal-oriented.

No idea what you'd do if you were trying to get laid.
>>
>>36981870
I'm sure it helps that the brooding emotional guy is just chad. If an ugly motherfucker opened up to you about how insecure and miserable he was, you wouldn't give a single, solitary fuck.
>>
File: confused girl 1.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
confused girl 1.png
116KB, 500x464px
>>36981881
>Responding
>Listening is an interaction between speaker and listener.[2] It adds action to a normally passive process.[2]
So your response is listening. I don't understand the point. That's literally how people listen normally, is it not?
How does this change anything? And no, this is not for getting laid.
>>
>>36980461

Slut normals get out reeeeee
>>
>>36981895
Anon, that's just not true. You know that the woman would still listen. She would just go and laugh about it with her friends later, and tell the world what a pathetic loser he is.
>>
File: 1358734233597.jpg (29KB, 308x304px) Image search: [Google]
1358734233597.jpg
29KB, 308x304px
>>36981870
>i want to be cheated on
>i want everyone to know that women are a literal hivemind driven by media
>i want a bf who appeals to a womans sense of motherliness instead of one who is actually worth something and can handle his problems
you are sick
>>
>>36980461
you should cheat on him, maybe that will get him to show emotion
>>
>>36981895
lol no, women always aim for equal or lesser looks than themselves

they almost always pick men based on how the men make them feel, it's way more important

if you listen to a woman and open up to one, they are way more likely to feel attached to you based on women developing attachment through sharing emotions with other people
>>
>>36981942
but i love him i don't want to
>>
>>36981961
thats different than a chad being the one to do the picking though isnt it
>>
File: 1445378569986.jpg (16KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1445378569986.jpg
16KB, 413x395px
>>36981981
but you'll love him more ! trust me ! just imagine how much better of a bf he will be if you coax emotions out of him !
>>
>>36981961
>lol no, women always aim for equal or lesser looks than themselves

Okay, that's enough.
>>
>>36980263
Because you women can and will use those emotions against us like the manipulative little bitches you are.
>>
>>36981987
most women don't get picked by chad, because most men aim higher than what their looks are

>>36981997
sounds like it would be pretty shit desu

>>36982005
women have infinitely less confidence in themselves than men, it's why women will only pursue a promotion when they're 100% qualified, whereas men will go for one even if they're only 60% qualified
its why you often see a really ugly charming dude with a hot girlfriend, its all about how you make women feel, because looks isnt as important to them
>>
>>36982042
>women have infinitely less confidence in themselves than men
Fucking STOP.
>>
File: 1347481764413.png (240KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1347481764413.png
240KB, 458x438px
>>36982042
>most women don't get picked by chad, because most men aim higher than what their looks are
chad picks EVERYONE you dumbass
>>
>>36982042
You're projecting in a very weird way. I know of literally 1 (one) woman who is this humble and it's my gf (no other woman has issues big enough to date me).
>>
>>36982059
https://www.forbes.com/sites/margiewarrell/2016/01/20/gender-confidence-gap/#5b6d9fd91efa

>>36982073
sorry, i meant for a relationship, not just sex

>>36982086
all i'm doing is just describing myself and other women i know
>>
>>36981914
Just say something like "oh really, what makes you think that?" then rephrase her answer and add some extrapolation, i.e. she says "he's been so distant lately, he worked late and missed our netflix date, and he forgot it was my birthday until the day before" and you say "how's his job? sounds like a lot of pressure" or "yeah, my sister's ex was like that before they broke up, do you think he's interested in someone?" depending on whether you want them to break up.
>>
>>36982042

literally everything you just wrote is untrue
>>
>>36982099
>Chad
>relationship
Pick one and don't trip over it.
>>
>>36982104
I don't want anything in particular, just to help her. I understand the process but it's the data collection phase, what happens after that? Do you collect info forever? How does this help?
>>
>>36982099

Most men are dating down

>sorry, i meant for a relationship, not just sex

please kill yourself ASAP, I mean it
>>
>>36982099
>linking some normie rag that glorifies women and the "girls are speshul" agenda
>>
>>36982099
I can almost imagine Maggie, the 38yo secretary who has had 2 bfs but never married, being like that. Our life experiences differ too much, friendo.
>>
>>36982157
but there's a study linked in that article you can go view their research
>>
>>36980263
cuz we're not whiny little cunts face to face.
>>
>>36980412
Exactly

Every time you, as a woman, have shared your emotions with a man

If a man shares his emotions with a woman, the woman will think less of him. It's an insane double standard, but there you go.
>>
>>36982331
no
>>36981344
that is a myth presented by people who don't interact with women
>>
>>36982149
>I understand the process but it's the data collection phase, what happens after that?
I don't think the point is collecting information, it's helping her as she thinks about something. You summarise what she says, point out if she sounds conflicted, make occasional noises like "yeah, maybe" or "what, really?", and prompt her if she loses her train of thought.

Idk man it's pretty obvious if you see two other people doing it.
>>
>>36982354
Shoo roastie shoo. We both know it is true, don't try to hide the fact.
>>
>>36982390
have you ever actually tried it towards a woman who wasn't already shit to begin with
>>
>>36982372
I could imagine, but I don't see how that's any different from sitting on your own and thinking.
> and prompt her if she loses her train of thought
oh I see, it's another case of women being unable to think. Still very strange that people do this.
>>
>>36982408
Trick question: all women are shit to begin with except for a few rare cases.
>>
>>36982478
what about a woman who loves you? have you tried sharing your emotions with a woman who says she loves you?
>>
>>36982483
>what about a woman who loves you?

Impossible, for I am not Chad or close enough to Chad for the purposes of settling. The only woman who could love me is my mother.

>have you tried sharing your emotions with a woman who says she loves you?

Women say a lot of things they don't mean, it's how they get ahead.
>>
>>36980263
If you show emotions to a woman for one moment, she will stop seeing you as a man and will never be attracted to you again. Men should never show their emotions to women, only to trusted male friends.
>>
>>36982418
you guys shrinks or something?
>>
>>36982483
>have you tried sharing your emotions with a woman who says she loves you?
>who says she loves you?
As a resident normie I have to answer to this. Every time I've talked to her about my issues she gets super depressed because it's like I'm pressing on her own issues. She can't help at all.
Strong men, I'm sure, are simply men who learned not to talk of such matters.
>>
>>36982550
this is complete bullshit, men are way more likely to say you're being a pussy beta bitch for showing emotion than women

case in point: this entire fucking thread full of men saying that showing emotion makes you a beta pussy bitch

seriously, open your fucking eyes dude
>>
>>36982582
Am I a psychologist? No. I don't understand where you're going with that post.
I think it's constructed like a joke but I don't get it.
>>
>>36980263
A man expressing his emotions is seen as weak.
>>
>>36982599
>reddit spacing
post discarded
>>
>>36982599
>this is complete bullshit, men are way more likely to say you're being a pussy beta bitch for showing emotion than women
Only playfully while still sympathising on a level. Women smile openly while secretly spitting on you for being a weak man.

Men don't want to show emotion because WOMEN are the ones who punish them for it by withholding romantic and sexual affection.
>>
>>36982612
to other men, not women
>>
>>36982622
>Women smile openly while secretly spitting on you for being a weak man.
No, the scariest part is that the woman legitimately believes she finds that endearing, yet will later "feel bad" about the issue. If you ask her why she left the man, she really can't tell unless the dude sperged the fuck out on her. It's always "something wasn't right, I dunno".
>>
>>36982622
i literally have no idea what you're talking about i've never had a relationship like that with a man, and the only time i've met women who did i stopped talking to them for being a cunt
>>
>>36982650
Right. It's like evolutionary instinct. They can't help but not be attracted to men who display emotional depth. They can't be blamed, really. It's their nature.
>>
>>36980263
Showing weakness is a luxury only allowed to women. Why do you think people are always telling men to be "confident"? It just means putting up a fake front to shield your insecurities. Why do you think women love confidence so much? Because they hate weakness from men.
>>
>>36982667
>and the only time i've met women who did i stopped talking to them for being a cunt
Congratulations on being able to ignore a big part of the population then.
You have to understand that this happens on a massive scale even if you are not guilty of it.
>>
>>36982650
>>36982675
what the hell are you guys even talking about, have you even ever actually interacted with women before or are you just trolling

none of this is based in reality at all

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/the-two-major-complaints-that-women-have-in-their-relationships-a6967456.html
>In our Love Lab, we found that women have two major complaints about men. This first complaint is: "He is never there for me." The second complaint is: "There isn't enough intimacy and connection."
>These women feel alone even when they are in a relationship. In many ways, these are related complaints. These women cannot trust their men to be there for them when they need them. Most of the time, this is about being there for them emotionally: listening to them, caring for them, and safeguarding their hearts.
>>
>>36982723
that's really rare, women like that are usually fucked up psychologically or something by having shitty fathers

most women i interact with are not like that at all
>>
>>36982667
You realise, of course, that you're in the rare 1% of women who actually puts their money where their mouth is, right? Practicallly any other woman who preaches about it being okay for men to cry would sooner slit their wrists than listen to any male other than Chad express themselves.

The fundamental truth is that women fucking DESPISE weak and unattractive men. It's more than not wanting to be around them, they actively HATE them for existing and REVILE them for any perceived humanisation. These women would genuinely not give a damn if al the weak and unattractive "creeps" were put in concentration camps so they could be left alone with Chads, only ever acknowledging them when money is needed.
>>
>>36982780
As I said I have a gf. I'm no Chad but I've had my share of experiences with women and it always ends with me pretending to be happy and not talking to any woman, be it mother, couple, friend or acquaintance, about this.
Another "lie" for you: women rarely say what they actually want, even to themselves (!). This is absolutely insane but understanding this is what carried me into normiehood. I really wish it weren't the case.
>>
File: statue.jpg (38KB, 611x715px) Image search: [Google]
statue.jpg
38KB, 611x715px
>>36982780
>trusting what women say instead of what they do
>>
>>36982821
i'm not rare at all though, every other woman i know feels the same about men and relationships as me, because society tells us what we should want in a man, and it's a man who is open and shares his emotions with you. not only that, but it releases oxytocin in our brains when that happens, which forms an attachment to someone.

i just don't even understand where you're getting this idea at all, i've literally never met a woman who broke up with a guy for sharing his emotions to them

it was always things like
>fucking crazy and would cry literally every day over nothing
>was a total dick and didn't respect them at all
>would not leave them alone for 2 secs and would get pissed when they would try to politely say they are busy
>would not share anything with them and was big red flag and suspicious
>just said weird shit in general like eluding to liking child porn or some other weird shit
>etc

but never "he was open and shared his emotions with me and it was gross"
>>
>>36982823
>>36982845
why is all media that is popular for women have men who are emotional and brooding then if they are not really attracted to that?

some of it is even books, so they can't even see what the men look like, they just get a description mostly of his personality

what you're saying completely contradicts reality of what is actually popular among women and women buy and like
>>
>>36982884
WOMEN
DON'T
SAY
WHAT
THEY
MEAN
OR
WHAT
THEY
FEEL

>>36982900
They're attracted to Chad if he's emotional or brooding iin the same way that they're attracted to Chad if he's a fucking monkey rapist who wears diapers and it doesn't go beyond that.
>>
>>36982780
Not either guy and disagree with them, but

A) a self-reported survey from a non-scientific source doesn't prove shit
B) having "intimacy and connection" and "being there" for a woman are not the same thing as being a fountain of emotions

Even according to your source, women want men who listen to them, care for them, and safeguard them. All of those things are to do with the emotions of the women, not of the men. How the men feel doesn't even come into play except as a foil for how well the women can connect with them.
>>
>>36982900
As addressed before, the kind of issues we're talking about are on another league, not just "I feel sad because the world is kinda shit".
>what you're saying completely contradicts reality of what is actually popular among women and women buy and like
Women also tend not to marry Chads and yet seek them out for dates.
>>
>>36982900
>emotional and brooding
you mean angry? because that's the one emotion allowed for men.
>>
>>36982952
no rarely are men like super angry in media aimed at women

they're usually sad or depressed about something and share it with the female protagonist and then the girl helps him through it and they grow closer
>>
>>36982973
You know what? You want emotions, I'll give you emotions.
I'm angry and upset because now I see that women get this idea everywhere in media according to this thread, and it's exactly what I wanted yet it has always been denied to me.
I'd understand it if I were a neckbeard, a fatass, even a short guy.
>>
>>36983018
why do you keep going after women who shit on you for sharing your emotions?

the best thing you can do to stop this is:
>share your emotions more to test to make sure they're not cunts
>not care if they don't like you anymore for sharing your emotions because it means they're a shit person or just don't like you and move on until you find someone who does

there, all your dating problems solved
>>
>>36982900
>men who are emotional and brooding
Men who are emotional and brooding are not the same as men who tell you their uncle touched them, or men who go to sleep crying because they've got /r9k/-tier social anxiety. Dr House is the most brooding character I can think of right now, but he's never shown to be weaker than the other doctors, and he always achieves some kind of dominant social position or gets his own back.
>>
>>36983044
>why do you keep going after women who shit on you for sharing your emotions?
because that's most of them?
>>
>>36983044
>why do you keep going after women who shit on you for sharing your emotions?
Oh yes, I look at a woman and I can see that she is going to shit on me. Man, what great powers of observation I have. Hell maybe I enjoy it!
>there, all your dating problems solved
No, silly. They were solved already when I realized sharing feelings was a meme and I stopped. Is this what "mansplaining" is like?
>>
>>36983047
i've literally seen movies aimed at women where the man has been molested or something or they do go to sleep crying and they share that with a woman and the woman comforts them through it

florence nightingale affect for women is super strong, read up on it

>>36983069
but it's not? when you go after a woman who does, how long does it take you to move on from then and try someone else? are you sure you're not just wasting time with them hoping they will just not be a cunt or something?

the entire reason i found a guy who it worked with is because i just kept trying lots of different guys going on lots of different dates until i mathematically met one it just worked with, that's how it works

>>36983082
that's why you be upfront about your emotions, so you don't waste your time with them if they're a bitch about it
>>
>>36983098
You're asking me to go back to being the naive idiot I used to be, thinking women were people just like me who wanted to share and grow with me.
This is the only time in my life that I'm not actively suffering and you're asking me to give that up. You are amazing.
>>
What do you think, boys? Is the """""""woman"""""" responding in this thread a male falseflagger or a trapboi?
>>
>>36983142
dating is suffering until you meet the right person

it's just how it goes and you just deal with it without feeling too rejected every time it doesn't work out with someone and just move on to someone else
>>
>>36983172
Yeah that sounds like bullshit.
>deal with it!
I'm perfectly fine fucking some woman and letting her leave and I don't see why I should go back to being rejected again """"""until I find the right woman"""""".
>>
>>36983168
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MfHTYCCXqR

i just want to help
>>
>>36983207
You can't help us, you don't understand us, you don't want to understand us, stop trying.
>>
>>36983201
i mean you don't have to do that but you said you want a relationship where you can share your emotions, and i told you that dating is just going to be suffering through sharing your emotions with women until you find one who actually cares and is sympathetic towards you, and then it just works

but you're free to just not give a shit and be alone if that works for you, i'm just going off of what you said you wanted, so
>>
>>36983225
i do understand you i have asperger's and i have a lot of experience with men who are awkward or have asperger's or similar conditions like adhd and stuff

i've seen them struggle with dating but eventually they were able to figure it out and find love with help and advice from other people, mostly women
>>
>>36983229
Look, I already went through what you suggest. Are you going to tell me that women are either complete bitches or spotless angels? Surely I'd have found a woman willing to listen, if only for a bit.
Or do I just live in the worst country ever?
You clearly have a happy life, you shouldn't be here.
>>
>>36983246
Fuck off already, Christ, stop trying to be Mother Teresa with our bullshit rhetoric and leave us alone.
>>
>>36983263
what country do you live in?

no i'm saying some women just aren't going to like you and thus not give a shit about you or your emotions, and you just keep trying until you find one who does

>>36983267
if you just want to be alone then that's fine but i see lots of men here complain about
>tfw no gf
so i assumed a lot of men here do care
>>
>>36983292
Years of staying in the deadpool. I wonder why trying now would be any different.
Hell, I'm one of the lucky ones, I've got a good face.
>>
File: 1485330900491.png (69KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485330900491.png
69KB, 225x225px
>>36983292
FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF GO AWAY STOP TRYING TO HELP US FUCK OFF GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY STOP TRYING TO TRICK US INTO OPENING UP AND GO AWAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
Why would I give someone information so they can easily stab me in the back and fuck me over? I may as well just go to the hood with a "I hate Niggers" and see what happens.

Never give a potential enemy any ammunition to use against you.Even if my GF won't use it against me she could leak the information to one of her dumb ass friends and I will be fucked.

I won't be sharing shit to anyone other than my psychiatrist. Oh and in the past when I did share shit with my parents it just blew up in my face. Never again
>>
>>36983315
maybe you're just awkward or something and you just say weird shit on dates without thinking
i'm not the best at telling but it kinda seems that way to me

>>36983317
>stop trying to trick us into finding loving gfs leave us alone to wallow in misery

>>36983324
i wonder if you can see how viewing women as enemies probably has not helped you find a gf
well okay if you say so
>>
>>36983354
Not even looking for a gf. its a waste of time
>>
File: 1462341275779.gif (9KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1462341275779.gif
9KB, 633x758px
>>36983354
Loving gfs don't exist for guys who can't be loved. I was angry at first, but now I'm just tired. Please stop doing this.
>>
>>36983369
i mean if you view women as enemies i can kind of see how you aren't looking for a gf lol
>>
you are all very retarded and damaged

>B-BIOLOGICAL
>(im going to redpill these whores so hard)
>THIS RESEARCH SUGGESTS
>WOMEN AND MEN ARE ALIENS
>WOMEN CANNOT LOVE AND WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU
>MEN DON'T NEED TO TALK ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
>TRUSTING YOUR ROMANTIC PARTNER AND OPENING UP TO THEM WILL DESTROY YOUR RELATIONSHIP
>WOMEN DO NOT CARE AND JUST SAY THIS SHIT BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL DUMB

tfw no gf isn't easy but i hope you all get into meaningful relationships and experience that us-against-the-world feeling with someone you love deeply

don't be desperate enough to get into a relationship with a woman who doesn't care about how you feel.

trust me
>>
>>36983354
>here's a possibility
for all you know I could even be blind or disabled or have a huge mole, good job on that.
Look. Simply put, I have had some success getting a woman, and I've been told "I love you", and I've seen the fire go out when I open up. I don't know what more I should have done.
It's not fucking worth it. This is all so tiring.
>>
>>36983377
you can't be loved because you won't open up because you're afraid if you do it will make you vulnerable and women will use it against you
but even if that does happen you won't regret opening up about how you feel, because you still feel relieved for doing so no matter who you share your emotions with
it's amazing how silly it seems after you've just got it off your chest when you worried and worried and were anxious about it for so long
the more people you open up to about how you feel, the less scary it becomes, and the more accepting of your emotions and problems you can become and can cope with them easier rather than just bottling them up forever and trying to ignore them

>>36983407
finally someone with some sense in this thread
>>
>>36983410
has it ever occured to you that you may just be a shitty judge of character?
>>
File: 1474436273436.png (42KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1474436273436.png
42KB, 500x322px
>>36983437
Oh shit, maybe you're right!
In that case, looking for women is pointless, as I'll never be able to find a good character!
Thank you, now I understand. You've solved my problem.
>>
>>36983462
if you're the only constant in picking shitty women, then maybe you're just bad at telling if they're shitty or bad at moving on once you find out they are shitty

the conclusion "all women are just shitty" just makes zero logical sense
>>
>>36983429
Why can't you just leave me alone so I can blow my brains out in peace when the time comes.
>>
>>36980263
>how come when you're a woman and ask a guy to share his feelings with you, they always respond with some dumb shit and not actually anything about their emotions or traumatic events or anything?

Because women are nasty little twats inside, who will A. take showing any weakness as a reason to not breed with the male, and B. start blathering the discovered weakspots to their social swarm for giggles the second our backs are turned.
>>
>>36983487
No, no, it's ok, you're not guilty. Don't worry your pretty head over it, sweetie.
>>
>>36983493
if you were truly going to do that and didn't want help or still had hope you wouldn't be here replying to this thread

deep down you want to be happy and find love anon, and you can do that you just gotta do what this post says: >>36983407 and not listen to retarded ideas about dating on a website where all the men complain about not having a gf or never having one at all or failing all the time at it
>>
I don't meet any women ever, so whatever I want or don't want has absolutely no bearing on my life apart from relative level of unfulfillment.

I learned very early on that women are horrible creatures that don't think the same as me, though. I still have no idea what other men are actually like.
>>
>>36983500
you'll find her and you'll be ok someday
>>
>>36983530
how do you think? i'm a woman and it's probably very likely i think the same as you lol
>>
>>36983292
It's true that emotional disclosure can also be a filter. If the woman reacts negatively, it's because she's shit-tier and not worthy of his affection. He'd ditch a bullet. I think this should be the default mindstate.

However, doing so would still put him in a very vulnerable position if he's not psychologically sound enough to not give a fuck about her reaction. Robots aren't willing to take the risk of being hurt and fucked over. He's probably disillusioned and has prioritized his emotional safety over his wish for a truly intimate relationship, given that, from his perspective, it seems unlikely that such a relationship could ever exist. A shallow relationship is still better than isolation for many robots. It's a self-esteem issue. A few bad experiences (personal or not) are enough to make them wary and demonize all women. This is obviously a warped outlook but it's understandable.
>>
>>36983658
i get it

so then how do they get over their anxiety over being hurt? like legit i never had this problem as a woman, if a guy didn't like me i'd just eat some ice cream and watch a sad movie, cry, and then move on with my life

why are men so terrible at being able to do this?
>>
File: 400.jpg (43KB, 597x391px) Image search: [Google]
400.jpg
43KB, 597x391px
>>36983429
> you're afraid if you do it will make you vulnerable and women will use it against you

Trust me, women have consistently done this to me and WILL do it again. I promise to never let myself become this weak again. I'd rather be strong and single than to be weak and have women treat me like shit.
>>
>>36983980
read this post my dude
>>36983658
>>
File: Cow_horned_portrait.jpg (376KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cow_horned_portrait.jpg
376KB, 1600x1600px
>>36980263

Because men want to solve problems, not talk about them and think this magically fixes something. If talking about how you feel bad makes you feel better, the thing you were feeling bad about was some pointless bullshit anyways, or you didnt fix anything and are now in denial and pretending that things are fine when they are not.
>>
>we woman have emotions
lo,no. you dont

Because maybe a woman be excited about hearing them for whatever reason and after they hear them they will subconsciiusly change thier idea about the man.
wew, is he serious
wat a fag
uhm, sorry for you

she litteraly thinks you arent a real man. you are a persona in some story book, or less then that as a kid, a loser, a failure.
she will think to herself "i am better then this guy emotionally, i have nothing to do with him"
>>
>>36984095
you autist, forgot where are you.
you faggot are trolling for sure.
>>
File: 1488189221435.jpg (123KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488189221435.jpg
123KB, 500x500px
>>36980263
i don't need to talk about it
i drink my feels away
>>
>>36984229
she will think how a pussy with more emotion then me "can take care of me and pay me everything i want"

no,no he is too dangerouse." he is sensitive, he will not bear my nagging and intentional mistakes, he his aware of my whoring" "THIS MAN IS DANGEROUSE"

AKA. i am too of a dishonest bitch to sleep with the guy.
>>
>>36984270
like real women do. good job, bottled up boi.
>>
>>36983994
It's not a self-esteem issue because she approached me first. I was genuinely happy on my own and enjoying my own company with my own friends.

When women make you become emotionally attached to them, that's where they completely walk all over you because they see it as a power game rather than an act of emotional sincerity. They are looking for validation and opening up to a woman tells her that she finally won you over and that she now has total control over you. When she is validated, she will eventually will feel bored of you because she's won at her game. She will either use you while keeping your emotions hostage, or leave you for someone else.

Allowing yourself as a man to show any kind of emotion is like showing your hand at a game of poker where they will ultimately use it against you.

I very genuinely and deeply wish I could open up to a woman I care about, but they are incapable of empathy for another human being. This comes from experiences from myself and from the unfortunate experiences of the men around me.

Women today expect a man to be a complete package of looks, intelligence and staunch emotional stability, financial strength and physical prowess.
Women completely ignore the fact that we are human beings with hopes, dreams, emotions, ambitions, fears, and flaws. They want some twisted caricature of a man that simply doesn't exist and they will use it against you by mentally stockpiling her perceived flaws of you regardless of whether it was under your control to begin with. Then she will use it as a justification for emotional abusing you.

Honestly, there's simply too much to say about it, but the point is that I was much happier being single and I don't plan to get into any relationship any time soon. if I do happen to have someone approach me again, I'm certainly not going to make the same mistake of opening up. By which I will just be another statistic of women complaining that their men never open up to them.
>>
File: 1490641981000.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490641981000.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
>>36984313
i wish they would
i would have something in common with them then

>bottled up boi.
sorry but i don't understand reddit speak
>>
>>36984329
this, thanks you wrote it right.tottaly this.

Ultimate reply for this kind of thread in the future.
the bitch has been exposed.
showing emotion is a big NO no for any woman. even your mom after an age.
>>
>>36983980
You could strengthen your mind if you ever wish to get into another relationship. A sound psyche won't give a shit about some unworthy roastie's response to you opening up. You'd take no shit from her, and would have no need to pretend you're a emotionless android. This will obviously take a lot of discipline to obtain. Remaining single is comfier.

If you avoid emotional disclosure or relationships altogether out of fear of being hurt, you're not being strong, you're running away. I understand why would you choose it, though. A shallow relationship in which you're not "allowed" to opening up isn't worth it. I understand you might be tired and fed up of that shit.

I don't know enough women to derive a conclusion but I do know that not every woman is this insensitive. I understand where you come from, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>tfw 20 years old and never spoken to girls outside of university classroom

>Expected to be comfortable opening up emotionally with such incredibly low self esteem levels

If I don't think I have value enough as a person to even speak to other people, how could I possibly think I mean enough to other people that they would want to hear my problems or how I feel?
>>
>>36980263
Women HATE emotions in men
>>
>not all wymenz are bad
And not all males are rapists, but guess how many nervous over the shoulder glances I'll get upon walking a secluded spot and meeting females?

Same principle applies to many of us 'bots, and we do not even get to sue the bitches who caused it. After the first bad burn, all women will be considered "guilty until proven innocent" and even then you'll still feel safer keeping your guard up. Welcome to modern day life.
>>
File: eC0g7.jpg (205KB, 1179x742px) Image search: [Google]
eC0g7.jpg
205KB, 1179x742px
>>36980263
The truth is roasties couldn't handle our feels.
>>
>>36980263
how come when you're a man and ask a girl to tell you all about her previous sex partners, they always respond with some dumb shit and not actually anything about their previous sex partners or sex practices or anything?

we know you girls have had tons of sex and have been through 14 miles of dick, why do you never want to share this? the more you share, the better you feel, even if the person you share it with ends up being a cunt
>>
>>36984810
None of you fags think about the magellanic clouds and spectrum lines.
>>
Guys that confide in me with their emotions and problems turn me off so much. The funny thing is, I have the complete opposite problem to you, in that, any close male I encounter will want to tell me everything; their ex, their dad's death, their best mate's name in 3rd grade, and the instant they reveal their vulnerability, I no longer see them as an equal, nor as an attractive mate but someone on the level of a little sister.

I don't know what kind of attributes I project for the male population to treat me like their diary but it has to stop. It's weak and pathetic and a total turn off to see a man more emotional than me.

I prefer my s.o to be a man, to be stoic, and to keep all that gooey emotional stuff to himself. If he can't even solve his own emotional problems, how do you expect him to be a good boyfriend? A good provider? A good father figure?

The clearest indication of a beta is his dependence on others. That's why all leaders are sociopathic, never lacking composure while he guides and attends to the emotional needs of his fellow sheep. And by extension, why females are attracted to bad boys. Because they don't need women for emotional buffering.
>>
>>36985198
this was too logical to have been written by a female
>>
File: 1476492481097.jpg (21KB, 423x617px) Image search: [Google]
1476492481097.jpg
21KB, 423x617px
>>36980263
Because my emotions will be used against me.
>Be friends with a woman for 2 years.
>She insists that I open up to her and be more more comfortable with expressing my emotions
>Begin feeling as If I can be more open with her.
>Only tell her about one specific thing one day when we are hanging out.
>tries to use information against me two weeks later.

Never trust anyone with your feelings, If no one knows no one can exploit you.
>>
>>36985198
The reason you don't attract Alpha males is because you're the Alpha you hairy mongoloid.

Most guys want a submissive manic pixie fuckhole. They don't want a pragmatic cunt such as yourself. That's the reason why you attract so many betas.
>>
>>36985330
revealing your feelings to females is about as retarded as going to a female psychologist / therapist
>>
>>36980263
B E G O N E T H O T T I E
your comment was not original
>>
File: 1431895360306.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1431895360306.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>36985347
I was not the one seeking to discus nor disclose my feelings to her, She wanted to know herself so I told her, I was already red pilled by then so I knew something like this would eventually happen so I told her something insignificant, What astonished and disgusted me is that someone can promise you that they will never reveal or try to hurt your feelings and then they do exactly that once they think they can get a step up in some petty and pointless argument that would have ended a day later.
>>
>>36985060
Got me on spectrum lines desu. Replace that with sub-netting zones and group policies if that makes you feel any better.
>>
>>36985198
just because i lack confidence and the ability to form social relations, do not mean i am a beta in need of emotional support
it couldnt be further from the truth

alphas and betas are both normies.
robots are a different classification of loser altogether
>>
File: honest pepe.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
honest pepe.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>36985060
I do, every day. From the sunrise to the twilight.
>>
Anyone I've ever opened up to tries to change the conversation, and I don't open up unless someone asks. It ALWAYS feels super awkward talking about my problems but that might be because I don't cling to little shit. If it's something that bothers me it's because it's fucking me up inside. I've consulted in family and friends and it didn't make feel any better and in some cases even put me in worse situations.

It's better to keep it bottled up because no one really wants to hear serious problems. If it genuinely hurts inside, tell a therapist or bottle it up. pick one
>>
File: 1493298430062.jpg (71KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1493298430062.jpg
71KB, 453x599px
>>36980263
Because every time a man here has "opened up" they have been ridiculed for being upset or worried about such tiny things because of a societal double standard that doesn't allow men to know about their own little worries. Or it has alluded to very dark things that have actually shocked or disturbed the one he has told. Other men understand those emotions at least, but neither do they want to open up that box or glorify those emotions so they do not ask it to be considered.

This is the sad situation we have to deal with - we do not even comprehend our smaller emotions and so become enraged when they are ridiculed, while on the other hand we are all too familiar with a legacy of blood and vengeance that might as well be ingrained into our physical being. I don't know if this is the exact truth of it though.
>>
File: 1482578943485.png (454KB, 530x591px) Image search: [Google]
1482578943485.png
454KB, 530x591px
>replying to a blackstink thread
>>
>>36983098
>i've literally seen movies aimed at women where the man has been molested or something or they do go to sleep crying and they share that with a woman and the woman comforts them through it
And I've literally seen movies where superheroes exist. Doesn't mean shit.

>florence nightingale affect for women is super strong, read up on it
Florence Nightingale herself said:
"Women crave for being loved, not for loving. They scream out at you for sympathy all day long, they are incapable of giving any in return, for they cannot remember your affairs long enough to do so...They cannot state a fact accurately to another, nor can that other attend to it accurately enough for it to become information. Now is not all this the result of want of sympathy?"

Believe me, you have no idea how much I want this to not be the case, how much I want a beautiful and kind woman to help me out of my despair and self hatred and shame. But I'm not seeing it out in the world.
>>
>>36983098
>i've literally seen movies aimed at women where the man has been molested or something or they do go to sleep crying and they share that with a woman and the woman comforts them through it
I'm curious: Were those men tall, at least moderately muscular, and, upon fixing themselves, able to protect and provide for the woman?
>>
>>36980263
Because men are mocked and shunned for displaying any emotion besides humiliating themselves for women. Just look at this fucking comment section.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc45-ptHMxo
>>
women are snakes, past sex there is no point in a relationship that you couldn't also get from a male
>>
>>36986364
addendum:I must have watched on a different channel before because it was all "lol fragile masculinity" autism.
>>
>>36980263

Because a woman can be open about her feelings and men will work to please her or make her feel better and women will support each other but if a man opens up about his feelings people look down on him and will shit on him, both men and women. A man cannot be open about his feelings otherwise women will look at him like a pathetic piece of shit and men will laugh at you and push you down to get on top.

For men, everything is a competition for resources and women. Just look at /r9k/, all the men here are losers because they either can't get money or can't get women or both. Women will never understand what it's like to be a guy because your life is easy. Most men will help you and work for you and women will support each other, men have to do everything on there own and at worst beg for the generosity of other men.

Women that see men open up about their emotions subconsciously see them as shit and not as potential mates, so men harm themselves being emotional. The only time men can be emotional is with their wives and children, because they are family, supposedly. But even wives would leave their husbands and complain if a guy is weak.
>>
>>36982599
Yes, tell us more how our gender is.

>>36982501
>tfw not even mom loves you
Anyone else contemplated suicide since age 9?
>>
all women should have to serve mandatory man sentences where they buzz off all their hair, cover up their bodies and dress like and pretend to take on the role of men like that one woman who experimented doing it but ended up having a nervous breakdown then concluded she'd rather be a woman.

try being a man and try this bullshit out and see how far you get.
>>
Because i don't have problems.
>>
emotions are gay
but seriously talking about that shit as a man makes you incredibly vulnerable. every woman I've told about my feelings has used my secrets to hurt me.
>>
>>36981098
because after the hug and nice words the problem will still be there.
>>
>>36980263
Because chicks dont like it when we do in the long run
>>
>>36980435
This
In the end only you can solve your problems, so there's no reason to go crying to others and pile your problems on them.
>>
>>36982483
no women has ever said that to me
>>
>>36980263
>the more you share it the better you feel
Nah, this is where you're mostly wrong to be honest.
>>
>>36980263
Because women will use it against us sooner or later.
>>
generally speaking a man deals with his problems better through solitude and introspection
it is an internal process for us, rarely external
on occasion we will speak of such matters with fellow men in order to gain additional perspective
>>
Shut your god damned mouth
>>
>>36981466
>>don't share your emotions with anyone just keep them bottled up inside forever slowly getting worse and worse and harder to deal with until you shoot up a school or suicide
Source, your ass.
>>
>>36980302
its a psychological thing.
Once a man shows his feelings and insecurities to mate, she will objectively find him less attractive/appealing.
Theres nothing that can be done about it, its one of those innate psychological responses that you just cant change.
>>
Dear roastie,stop being so fucking retarded, I'm not some dumbfuck who needs to vent,bitch and moan like a whore every second as a subtle emotional attack to lower the listener's guard, like females always do. Fuck off my board, I hate myself for even saying all this to "save" normie9k from betas and "people" like you even though its a lost cause.
>>
>>36988971
>she will objectively find him less attractive/appealing

Some will, some won't. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>36980263
because it makes them feel inferior, and they dont trust you enough to open up, theyd rather open up to their guy best friend.
>>
>>36986563
>woman who experimented doing it but ended up having a nervous breakdown then concluded she'd rather be a woman
That really says it all, doesn't it? If I remember correctly, she literally said she saw being a woman as a privilege.

If anyone wants to look into it more, her name is Norah Vincent and her book is called Self-Made Man.
>>
>>36980263
>we know you guys have emotions
yup
>have been through shit too
lmao
>>
>>36988875
That actually does happen in a lot of cases, but it doesn't change the fact that men who do show emotion will likely face shame and ridicule. Every man is forced to conceal his emotions. It's just that some of them either break under the strain or decide to get back at the world that forced them into that situation in the first place. And of course, for every one guy who shoots up a place, there are thousands who only kill themselves, but no one cares about them.
>>
File: 274624.gif (995KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
274624.gif
995KB, 240x240px
>"hey anon how are you feeling"
>I feel like shit because I don't have any friends and the oppressive loneliness is suffocating me, I oscillate between an intense and paralyzing anxiety and social paranoia that prevents me from reaching out to others and an overwhelming desire to be be around other humans that results in in me making stupid decisions and spontaneously pouring myself out to anyone who will even pretend to listen
>"wow lmao"
really gets the noggin jogglin
>>
>>36989500
But it's cute when Chad opens up, anon!
>>
>>36986563
>>36989212
youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7kP_dd6LU
>>
>>36980263
he will probably say something stupid because guys here are literally morons.

"I find you delectable."

DO YOU LIEKM E OR NO?!?!
>>
Guys should tell girls WHY they like them. WHY.

and DO YOU?! how can you like someone you barely even know? explain yourselves
>>
Woman like to always make this about themselves
>he wont open up to me it must be because he wants to be macho
I talk with guy friends about our feelings all the time but because we arent talking with women about it we are "reclusive" or "closed off" instead of understanding why we prefer to share emotions with other males and not females they just assume that we are the problem and don't look at themselves to find the problem
>>
>>36980263
Fuck off this board normie. Men have feelings but they're not the stupid shit you think it is and no guy is going to reciprocate your delusional problems and emotions
>>
When I'm feeling extremely bad, I tend to tell other people how I feel. I do that only when I really need to get something off my chest. But not usually in another circumstance because I feel being emotional doesn't help me solve my problems. It only makes me feel weak and not being able to handle anything by myself.
>>
File: 1441819401408.png (23KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441819401408.png
23KB, 800x800px
I really doubt a girl wants my baggage, besides it's emasculating as fuck. If I told a girl about my self esteem issues, feeling useless and undesirable, that's not attractive. And does she really care? Doubtful. Last time I opened up to a girl, I got a vibe she didn't actually care and just wanted some gossip ammo
>>
When you do open up, people like to turn it into some kind of competition and it ruins the point.
>>
Men having feelings is a total myth desu senpai.
Once you hit adult male awareness your feelings shut off so you don't go crazy from how injust and brutal the world is.
I can talk all day about how life owned me but I'd be laughing the whole time.
>>
>>36980263
>tfw you act like a guy

JUST
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.