[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never be a teen in the 80s >you will never go

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3231.png (391KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3231.png
391KB, 640x430px
>you will never be a teen in the 80s
>you will never go to a high school where everyone goes with cars, there are cool people and losers as well
>you will never feel like a bad boy for growing long hair, smoking cigarettes and listening to wild music
>>
>>36973979
>you will never be captivated by the idea of working with the newest "computer" technology
>you will never become an asshole game creator
>you will never be paid for getting high and shitting out entertainment
>>
>>36973979
>ywn be roped into the growing gay community
>ywn be date-raped by multiple men at the gay bars
>ywn die of AIDS at 30
>>
>>36973979
>richard linklater
a scanner darkly desu senpai
>>
>>36973979

[edge]
>you will never be an elusive rapist and serial killer active during the 70s and 80s
>you will never go to middle class neighborhoods in Northern California and terrorize the neighborhood with impunity.
>you will never feel like a bad boy for getting away with 50+ rapes and a dozen murders, eluding police, and gaining infamy.

[/edge]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJKvG0HvxhQ
>>
>>36974005

>tfw you fell for the indie game developer meme
>tfw you create pretty good games that people are impressed by
>tfw the market is so saturated it doesn't matter
>tfw can't make enough money off your good games
>tfw have to start making shitty pay-to-play mobile games
>tfw the good games you make don't sell enough but the scammy mobile games sell
>tfw if this was the 90s or early 00s you could have made the games you wanted to
>tfw dying inside
>>
>>36973979
Is that Dazed and Confused? My god that is one dumb and stupid movie. How can a movie with absolutely no plot and no character development ever be so aclaimed? Baby boomer nostalgiafags thats why.
>>
>>36975206
What good games did you make anon?

I like indie games like Hotline Miami and Papers, Please
>>
>>36975206
My number one desire is probably to be reborn in 1965 or so and live the 80's.
>>
>no internet, no cellphones, no modern computers, no 4chan

kys kid
>>
>>36975252

Not telling because I don't want to out myself as le evil mysoginistic neckbear who browses r9k. But, the games I like to make use retro mechanics and retro-style pixel art (not the shitty minimalist stuff you see in some indie games, the real stuff). I like making very complex but fun to play stuff, but there's a lot of that out there already. I have a small following for those games with some donors but not enough to make a living.

It's not all bad though, making money off mobile games is comfy as fuck. You even get to know/hang out with your "whales" which is fun. I like it, I just miss what the industry used to be when I was growing up and dreamed of becoming a game dev. I wish I could have lived in those days.
>>
>>36975454
I bet your dad works at Nintendo too, huh?
>>
You guys are not even aware that we are currently living in the NEET golden era, take advantage of it while you can because you will never be this "free" in your life like you are right now, trust me.
>>
>>36975594
Can you elaborate a bit more? Like explain what you mean. How is it going to get worse?
>>
>>36975512

You don't realize how easy it is to do this anon. You need a team of 5 people max to pump out pay-to-play mobile games that people will buy. Then you fill niche markets that have NEET whales who will spend their 'tismbux on upgrades.
>>
>>36975649
how do you get a team going? I've been hanging out on the pixelshit community for a while but it seems like everything money-making happens out of sight, as if in an unknowable circlejerk everyone but me belongs to
>>
>>36975245
you do realize baby boomers are from the fucking 40s right? Not from the fucking 60s/76 you faggot
>>
>>36975763

You need 2 programmers, an artist, and a normie who can communicate with the outside world. Find gimmicks that haven't been exploited yet, and exploit. Rpg-like games where you unlock cute female characters are good, because you only draw the characters and the UI which doesn't take a lot of art resources each time you add stuff. Similar stuff to that too. You don't need a whole lot of marketing just shill yourself to communities that you think your game will do well in. Be accommodating and friendly to your userbase, a lot of developers fail miserably at this and it will make you stick out. Getting a following is the hardest part, once you get that it all gets easier. Also don't just let anyone join your team, get to know people first. A moderately good friend is better to work with than a super good random. Drive to actually complete stuff / pressure put on by being friends and not wanting to let each other down helps a lot.
>>
>>36976032
>A moderately good friend is better to work with than a super good random.
so I guess this is why I am and will continue to be fucked as a friendless loser

thanks for the tips though, it does make sense that a lot of /a/ type autist whales would spend shitloads on this kind of pandering fapbait trash
>>
I was a freshman in 99. It was crazy how much shit the seniors did. Much different from today's kids
>>
>>36975883
They are born as late as the very early 60s too dumbfuck, plenty of baby boomers were still growing up in the 70s
>>
>>36976200

Wait, anon, nooooo. I felt the same way, it's not incredibly hard to make friends though if they're robots. You go to uni? There's plenty of autists you can befriend there who are good at programming. Once you get the programmers you expand out from there. You only need a single normie to realize your team is good enough to join and then you're there. While it is pandering fap bait trash it's still gaming, so you still get game dev skills from it. Not optimal but still better than working for a big soul crushing comp Sci company (if you're a programmer). Even though they're not the best games it's a decent lifestyle I must say.

where do you live and what are you good at btw? If we live nearby I could help you out anon
>>
Put some fucking pants on
>>
>>36976960
>pants
hell naw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de9w02gon1E
>>
And yet, you'd still be a robot. Except worse because it's before 4chan and you can't cry about it on /r9k/ maybe you would have offed yourself as nature intended.
>>
>>36977067
I misposted; thought I was a robots' suicide thread. Are you there as well?
>>
>>36977198
no
doesn't matter I wanted to post my shitty song
>>
>>36977211
Well he drank the bleach and called the cops; some woman's there with him (probably his mother) and from there I have no idea
>>
File: manaka.png (147KB, 543x982px) Image search: [Google]
manaka.png
147KB, 543x982px
>>36976727
I've tried uni a few times but because of my social ineptitude and (then unmedicated) schizophrenia I just dropped out every time. I never really made close friends there, and people from more competitive courses like comp sci and engineering always felt completely out of reach because of how much more knowledgeable/intelligent/active they were.

guessing from the way you write I don't think you live close to me (brazil); pic related is me trying my hardest at drawing, my programming skills are at what I would guess to be on a first worlder's middle/high school optative course level
>>
It was the 70s retard
>>
>>36977378

Yeah, we live far from each other (I'm in the USA). Your art looks nice, a little stiff but it shows potential. Your proportions are very good, a lot better than I can do.

I was terrible at making friends but made a few at uni. Vidya social clubs, etc work well if u want to meet people out of your classes. There's probably networking groups for programmers/vidya people in your area. If not, you could try meeting people online to work with. A lot of people online flake out, I would recommend becoming friend/acquaintances first beforr beginning a project. I am drunk and am going to sleep outofnow haha. But i was In a similar situation and am also mentally ill myself but I know schizo is hard to deal with. You can make it though . Best of luck to you anon.
>>
>>36977709
yeah, I guess I can give a search for local game dev groups another try, thanks for your support and good night
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.