[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We are all just animals. Books, hobbies, anything is bullshit.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1494622409168.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1494622409168.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
We are all just animals. Books, hobbies, anything is bullshit. Culture is made just to make as feel special but in reality nobody cares about that shit. Culture is something we can talk about with each other, but there aren't any deeper meaning. Everyone cares only about his own basic needs.

So what's the point to do anything? Men must provide for family, women must bear children. That's the end of story. You won't find answers in books which are written by someone who wanted to make money from his writings because he didn't want to work.

You achieve power by being social, getting connections. University and school is bullshit made by alpha males to keep betas busy.

4chan is the lowest strata, the weakest humans who couldn't survive in society and hide in their mothers basement.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Knowledge culture has increased the ease of life at the expense of the joy of life.
>>
>>36971380
There is no knowledge. Knowledge doesn't exist.
>>
>>36971417
Do you mean like because it's always wrong?
>>
>>36971314
Prove yourself right first with hard data
>but but muh opinions are facts
>>
>>36971546
What hard data? From science laboratory? What makes you think that science is objective. People there just pretend that they are doing something worthwhile.
>>36971511
You think you know something, but in reality it's only your opinion
>>
>>36971314
Reason is what separate mens from other animals, culture is one of the numerous result of this particularity.
>>
>>36971596
Define reason.

Culture exist only on paper. There is no substance behind it.
>>
>>36971581
Read some Aristote, Hegel or some Descarte unironically, you will find more answers
>>
>>36971622
I will read their opinion, it's not objective fact on which I should base my views. Their opinion are not worth more that any other person's opinion, they just happened to write a book
>>
File: ecology man pepe.jpg (13KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
ecology man pepe.jpg
13KB, 255x255px
google ecology of freedom
>>
>>36971622
To understand Aristotle you need to read Plato first really
>>
>>36971665
Their opinions are structured and are based on logic, they aren't just throwed on a book.
>>
>>36971704
samefag
but of crouse it will not be a definitive answer
Philosophy isn't a exact science like maths
>>
>>36971704
Anything is based on logic, any human or animal action. I can structure my opinions too, does that make me less worth than Aristotle?
>>
>>36971757
I think animal action is based more on instinct than logic but it's a common opposition in philosophy.
The difference between you and me and great men like Aristotle is that Aristotle structured his own thought like no one did before and few did after and litteraly invented the basis of all western philosophy.
>>
>>36971877
I will ask my dog what he thinks about that
>>
Wow OP, you seem to have a really grounded and broad understanding of philosophy and the human condition. Care to spread some more of your enlightened wisdom?
>>
>>36971581
>What makes you think that science is objective.

The scientific method (executed properly) is the closest to "objective" we're ever going to get.

You can preach about how all knowledge is false and everything is subjective, but that doesn't stop us using our subjective/false knowledge to make computers work, and put people into space.

Pointing out the inherent subjectivity of knowledge is an utterly meaningless statement
>>
>>36971314
Culture is not bullshit, it provides a basis for socio-economic norms to evolve through. The more culture refines itself the more the global economy progresses and stabilizes. We then have better chances of evolving past selfish greed, stabilizing the earth's climate, and ultimately putting a true focus into discovering the fabric of our reality and the origin of the universe. Defeatist thinking like yours tends to spread and make the downfall of the human race more likely, in which case you would be right and everything up to that point would be largely meaningless. We're all like ants with very minimal individual value, but as a whole it can be worth something.
>>
>>36971314
I would have to disagree. In my experience, humans are rational minds stuck in the vessels of animals. Our body, senses, emotions, and brain chemistry are impurities which taint our minds and stop us from achieving perfect rational function. But then again, that is what it means to be human. To be human is to exist in a vessel that taints your mind with animalistic experiences and desires. Can you say for certain that we would remain human if our consciousness was removed from our bodies, leaving us emotionless, immortal, and unable to feel any connection to the world since we lack our fleshy vessels?

Yes, you can belittle the value of culture, but to many it is the essence of humanity, the proof of our uniqueness. Not all who have written books did so to earn a living. However, in defense of those who did and do, can you blame a mind stuck in a mortal vessel for trying to sustain that vessel? We can not go long without eating, drinking or without a shelter. Many of us also need social interaction to maintain our well being, all because our vessels need to be kept functional. That is no reason to belittle the value that can be derived from cultural products.

As for social structures such as Universities, education, and other such things. The morality and efficiency of a societal system can be questioned, but you can't deny that they are impressive compared to those of animals. And yes, the best way to achieve power is by being social, but not because we are simply animals, that's too vague. Humans are herd animals and thus the leader holds power as long as the herd is willing to follow it. You have to be social and appealing in order to gain power because you need others to give you that power, they need a reason to follow you.

Yeah, the creations of humanity can be seen as rather worthless if you're expecting something grand and altruistic, but in reality things can be a bit more complicated and messed up than that.
>>
You're not red pilled. You're an idiotic edgelord that just discovered nihilism and think it's the greatest invention in human history. Bitch all you like, reduce civilization to basic biological needs, culture will still be there, people will still read and write books, make movies, paint, while your edgy, irrelevant corpse is rotting six feet under.
>>
>knowledge doesn't exist
So you don't know what you are saying?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.