[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think it is that young people these days take so long

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1494529586804.png (471KB, 1005x654px) Image search: [Google]
1494529586804.png
471KB, 1005x654px
Why do you think it is that young people these days take so long to mature into healthy, kind, empathetic and tolerant members of society, internet/popular culture aside?

I do not expect this board (or website, for that matter) to answer such a question honestly, but I'll never meet any of you and I'd like to know before I die. When will this craziness completely scratch your record? I doubt some of you'll have this worldview in a decade. At least I hope so... because I find it sad and silly. Abstain from posting ITT in 4chan mode, be serious for the less than half an hour of time it could take to voice your thoughts here. As if this were your last day on earth.
>>
>>36963667
>Abstain from posting ITT in 4chan mode
You should post this on reddit or something.

To answer your question, it's probably fault of our parent's culture, us being sheltered as children and lower wages/purchasing power + internet escapism
>>
>>36963706
Expand on this if you can or want to, please
>>
I think your basic assumption is flawed.
>>
File: kramer.jpg (66KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
66KB, 600x469px
>implying even half of people are healthy, kind, empathetic and tolerant
>>
Genetics. Humans are obviously capable of a lot more than other animals, so comparatively we can't just go hunt with pops on week two. We need more time to accumulate enough energy to allow our bodily systems to grow as your genome instructs and self replicates.

Also we weren't ready for the internet.
>>
>>36963667
I feel like I am empathetic, kind and tolerant. I don't know about healthy though. And I certainly haven't progressed in life like I was "supposed to".
>>
Baby boomers took everything for themselves.
>>
You think other generations did? Do you actually think they were better?

Get real.
>>
>>36964702

I am not american, so I can't be completely sure. I think many of them did, yes.
>>
>>36964546
I think so too, I din't have the energy
>>
>>36964585
I wasn't taking the ones who aren't in account.
>>
>>36964744
>to ponder harder about it. I wanted to see how the thread would develop, though.
>>
File: 1494146285069.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1494146285069.gif
471KB, 512x288px
I'd be banned. Got Discord, IRC, etc?
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 472x714px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 472x714px
>>36963667
To wake from seasonal depression and into self actualization: I feel it slow: a volcano under the ocean.

Mass production facilitated a culture obsessed with trading wealth for money, money for space, and space for stuff. My parents are decent people but their house is packed with junk. They're not hoarders in the same way Pluto isn't a planet; a garage sale is long overdue.

I think the ethos underlying much American education is to blame for students' lack of enthusiasm for discovery and self discovery. Rigid daily schedules are boring and grades are just as much a measure of obedience as knowledge or engegement. Slow =/= dumb and fast =/= smart.
>>
>>36963667
Over sensitivity, lack of morals. It's a multitude of things. These are the main ones.
>>
>>36965438
Please, would you elaborate?
>>
>>36963667
Because we became too decadent, technology took over and people just wanted to have fun. Just watch any 80s or 70s film, it's just a bunch of people partying and going wild, extending adolescence. There's no transition into adulthood, even normies are lost they don't know how to grow up

The problem will correct itself
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.