[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>severe scoliosis r9k is the only board I could think for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: scoliosis treatment.jpg (61KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis treatment.jpg
61KB, 500x387px
>severe scoliosis
r9k is the only board I could think for blogging about this shit. Has anyone else had the surgery? Was it alright? Shit turned me from semi-chad at 17 to a complete shut-in by 19, and it's not even something you "get" by having bad habits.
Can't even stand looking at my own chest under my shirt, surgery scheduled for a little over a month, unsure about going through with it.
>>
>>36962625
I have it. Every once in a while I meet somebody else with it and it's a cool connection.

I saw Iggy Pop on an album cover back when I cared about it and recognised the way he was standing, turns out he has it and he doesn't give a fuck. He's almost always shirtless. Usain Bolt has it too.

I'm ottermode and have a gf who doesn't give a shit so it doesn't get me down. I don't know what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>36962761
Do you know the degree of the curve? I got completely JUST'ed in my teens and shot up from 5'10 to 6'3 pretty fast, the curve is at 78 degrees now.
>>
>>36962801
I can't remember, it was a long time ago I got my scans. A year apart the degree didn't change though so they figure it isn't getting any worse, that was a long time ago though. I only made it as high as 6'.

It's noticeable to me because I look out for it, it looks obvious even dressed, but I think people figure I just stand funny.

How old are you now? Is it getting you down?
>>
>>36962625
finally i have found someone who can relate with me on this

god damn i won't be surprised if my fucking organs are dying inside me or some shit, i can't stand looking at my bare torso. my right hip is under my right rib as we speak.
>>
>>36962801
>78 degrees
What the fuck? Would a 90 degree curve be a right angle?
>>
>>36962823
I'm 19, 20 in a few months. Obviously my shut-in tendencies aren't entirely related to it, but I'd say it plays a big part. I went to a school near a beach and pussied out when it came any action that required a bare upper body in my later years of school.

>>36962829
See a doctor, if it's really that severe you can run into lung and heart issues.
>>
File: GvX7Z.jpg (648KB, 1983x2644px) Image search: [Google]
GvX7Z.jpg
648KB, 1983x2644px
>>36962852
No, it's measured differently. This is the closest xray I could find to a 90 degree curve. Past ~105 degrees is where it gets very ugly health-wise, depending on height.
>>
>>36962882
Damn that's still all kinds of fucked up. Hope you can get the surgery bro
>>
>>36962625
I have it and my entire back is one huge painful cramp. I have strong arms and legs, but no matter what I do, my core is a noodle. It doesn't look severe, my body is just curiously asymmetrical.
>>
>>36962625
Post-surgery here, it will be painful but def worth it. If you have any physical hobbies be prepared to give them up.
>>
>>36962863
Yeah at your age I wouldn't have taken my shirt off around anybody. I was 21 when I started working at it, I'm 24 now. I tried exercises to tighten my back muscles and pull everything into shape and also sleeping in what I felt was pushing against my curve. I'm not sure either thing helped that much. I got a couple of tattoos too, one on my shoulder and one on the opposite hip. That distracts from it a bit.

At the end of the day you just need to come to terms with it. Which isn't easy. I spent years avoiding it and eventually had to do what I was too shy to do in the first place, very gradually fortunately. I was lucky enough to get a very kind and patient gf.
>>
>>36962625
They want to do the surgery on me for a long time now.
Its around 50 degrees.
I do exercises everyday and wear corset.
I am not really sad about it I never was my mother and father still are tho, and a lot.
I feel no pain when I do labour I can feel it tho.
It its alright after some pause.

I don't think its anything crucial. Just do your exercises (which you should with straight spine as well)
>>
>>36964469
>It its alright after some pause.
But it's
>>
GENETIC TRASH!

gv
>>
>>36962994
>my core is a noodle
same

>>36962625
I also have quite severe scoliosis but I never didanything against it and now I have severe backpain. I guess operation is a better option.
>>
I had an online gf with scoliosis
She was pretty chubby too

I don't think I could have dealt with her condition honestly now I think about it. It would have been taxing on me emotionally because I would see her in poor health and never get better.
I guess im glad I dodged that bomb. she was nice though
>>
i've got a minor curve, like 18-23 degrees. doesnt cause any problems really but its still annoying and i'm always aware of it. I dont think other people can notice
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.