[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here /early to bed early to rise/ NEET? general sleep discussion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: pZauVoV.jpg (29KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
pZauVoV.jpg
29KB, 500x447px
who here /early to bed early to rise/ NEET?

general sleep discussion thread

picture unrelated
>>
>>36961960
I wish I am. How do you achieve this?
>>
I'm that but not NEET

I have my wageslave duties to attend to in order for survival and monetary gains to pursue future goals
>>
I woke up at 12 AM, it's past 7 AM right now.
>>
>>36961960
>wake up at 6AM, thank you alarm
>snooze
>snooze
>snooze x6
>finally get out of bed at 8AM, feeling kind of tired
>spend half an hour on 4chan and twitch
>get back in bed for just a few minutes
>wake up at 1PM
>tired beyond belief but can't fall asleep again

How do I change my morning routine anons?
>>
File: 1491363166572.gif (481KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1491363166572.gif
481KB, 540x810px
>>36961960
I like to stay up until 5 because I genuinely like the nighttime, no other people, silence, comfy reading, no light shining through blinds as I try to watch a movie, feels good to drive
>>
>>36962247
It's simple discipline, anon. Difficult, but not complex.
>>
>>36962323
Oh wow, excellent advice! Now that you put it like that I magically know how to develop that level of discipline and need no further help! Thank you anon.
>>
>>36961960
its currently 4:45 AM right now so i guess if by earlier to bed early to rise you mean go to sleep in the early AM and wake up in the early afternoon yeah.
i just hate sleeping i think. doesn't really feel good to wake up super late though.
>>
>>36961960
I fall asleep at 4pm and wake up in the middle of the night.
I can't keep a normal sleep schedule.
>>
File: IMG_6522.gif (448KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6522.gif
448KB, 500x274px
>went to bed at 9
>woke up at 2

Early morning's chilly but it feels so comfy to leave the window open and read or listen to music in a blanket. I'm also teaching myself programming so I can make some shekels doing online odd jobs though.
>>
>>36962425
sheeit birds are chirping should i go to sleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QxApy6Lgzg
>>
>>36962307

A lot is going to bed earlier. You have to give yourself a full night sleep. For example if you go to sleep at midnight don't just start trying to wake up at 6, you'll hate it and won't be able to get up.

Start by waking up at the same time every day. Once you master that gradually wake up a little earlier every week/every few days.
>>
File: IMG_2100.jpg (69KB, 357x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2100.jpg
69KB, 357x446px
dude sleep lmao
>>
File: ebebebe.jpg (44KB, 222x305px) Image search: [Google]
ebebebe.jpg
44KB, 222x305px
>>36961960
It's comfy being NEET
>no worries of female co-workers making fake sexual harassment claims
>no worries of female co-workers or customers posting on leddit about my every move
>no cunt girlfriend stealing my debit card and taking money from my account and then accusing me of misplacing my own things and being absent-minded

Having a stable routine with no room for surprise challenges is pretty damn comfy, desu.
>>
>>36962402
There is no way to """know how to develop discipline""". That's what makes it so difficult. You have to just fucking do it. Get off of your fucking computer, get off of your fucking phone, and go to bed early. Faggot.
>>
>>36962608
Why are you so angry? Maybe you need more sleep, it's getting you cranky
>>
>>36962676
I'm replying to your bitchy sarcasm in kind, and I just got 10 hours, so I don't think I could go back to sleep. I am kind of in a bad mood today though, yeah. Luckily I'm going to the gym soon. The only question is, what then? I have a good sleeping schedule but I'm still an idle NEET. I guess I should just go for a walk outside.
>>
>wake up naturally at 8-10
>more time in day to shitpost, vidya, etc

Why are we not all doing this?
>>
>>36962768
Sounds like 10 hours isn't enough desu
>>
>>36962819
Yeah, I get it anon. You're really excited about your joke that I'm cranky from lack of sleep.
>>
>>36962833
You sound upset, maybe more sleep would help. More than 10 hours.
>>
woke up at 630am neet for years
>>
File: boom.gif (2MB, 544x291px) Image search: [Google]
boom.gif
2MB, 544x291px
>>36962608
>just do it

Unbelievable! Of course, you're right, I simply forgot to do it! Thank you again for your insight, anon.
>>
>>36962814
Because it's really easy to fall into the sleep half the day away meme. It works well enough for some neets but early sleeping and early waking is true patrician sleep cycle
>>
>>36962944
Don't be mean he can't tell he's retarded
>>
>>36963004
He's not retarded, he just doesn't know other people may not be able to fix their life problems through willpower. This is hardly an uncommon affliction among normies.
>>
>hadn't had a dream in years
>always thought it was just cause I grew up or something
>few days ago start going to bed at like 10:30
>having vivid dreams like I had when I was a kid every night
Shit's pretty weird
>>
>>36963042
>He's not retarded
Yes he is lol
>>
File: 1485822665542.jpg (42KB, 315x616px) Image search: [Google]
1485822665542.jpg
42KB, 315x616px
I always wake up around 4 - 4:30 am, I fucking hate it
>>
I usually woke up at 6am when I was a neet, I think it helped me keep from feeling like a complete failure

Now I'm a wagie who has to get up at 4:30 on workdays. Having to go outside in the cold is absolutely no fun at all.
>>
>>36963328
Can we trade? That sounds like a great problem to have.
>>
I go to bed between 9:30 and 11pm and wake up 7-8, mostly because I'm tired out from my thoughts and want to escape consciousness for a bit. I always feel sad when I wake up and it's morning
>>
>>36962323
If I had discipline I wouldnt be a neet
>>
Wait can normies actually control when they get tired or are they just lucky but dont wanna admit that it isnt their achievement to have a normal sleep schedule
>>
>>36963400
It really isn't since you can't do much in the extra hours because everything is closed and people are asleep.
I also get sleepy mid day and need to take a nap but most of the time can't because I'm studying or working or whatever
>>
>>36963503
I think they just caffeinate themselves to shit all day and crash at bedtime
>>
>>36963503
Normies are just always tired
>>
File: why even live.png (29KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
why even live.png
29KB, 657x527px
>>36963605
And yet, even as tired as they are, they can accomplish more in a day than we can in a month.
>>
>>36963605
No I am. Normies are always active. I cant even do half the shit they do
>>
>>36963641
Being active means you fall asleep easier
>>
>>36961960
>wake up at 5am
>go for an early morning jog along the esplanade
>wave and smile at all the sleep-deprived wagies queuing in traffic
>meditate on the beach as the sun rises
Feels great man.
>>
>>36963503
normies have obligations which get them out of bed at a certain time, and then tire them out over the course of the day, to the point where they feel tired enough to sleep. a regular schedule will do that to you, too, anon
>>
>>36963685
hello friendo. what did you do today? serious question.
>>
>>36962309
I agree but the problem with being nocturnal is that my mind never quite adjusts and the sunlight becomes searing death. I think that I couldn't dislodge my circadian rhythm well enough.
>>
>>36963727
This one right here. I worked in pastry for some time, pretty much a 9-5 shift 5 or 6 days a week. I got to where I would wake up naturally at 8 A.M. without an alarm even on my days off. We are creatures of habit
>>
>>36961960
I tried it a few times but i always ended up depressed at 11 a.m.
>>
File: INTERDASTING.jpg (38KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
INTERDASTING.jpg
38KB, 500x590px
>>36963046
dude are you me
I was never able to remember dreams unless i woke up in the middle of one, and even then it was hazy as fuck. Quit weed a while ago, had a couple of early nights and actually remembered a couple of them
>>
>>36963808
The habit is fucking shit too

I can't sleep in past 5am on my days off because of it
>>
Tips for good sleeping hygiene. I have maybe 5-6 hours of broken sleep every night. I sleep in like 2 hour bursts and find it hard to sleep again. Funny thing is I'm not tired.
>>
>>36961960
well i go to bed around midnight, i keep my curtains open in my bedroom so i can watch the stars all comfy. In the morning the sunrise shines thrue the same window and greets me, so i wake up, today it was 8:00, when the days get longer cause of summer time i might rise at the sunup at 5:30. Its nice
>>
>>36963473
You can try and have a little bit though. I'm a worthless NEET but I force myself off of the computer at around 9pm and lie in bed until I fall asleep. When there's nothing to do or distract yourself with, you'll fall asleep. Unless you have insomnia or something. I'm willing to bet 90%+ of shitty NEET schedules are simply due to staying up online all night.

Everyone saying that only normies can do this aren't doing themselves any favors. They're living in a state of victimhood similar to SJWs who think that they can't do anything until people apologize to them and kiss up to them. In this case people in this thread saying willpower is for normies are saying they themselves are not allowed to have willpower.

No one wants to hear that there is no magical answer, and generally the more addicted to devices they are, the more angry they get when you tell them they need to stop staying up all night on them.

I used to sleep at dawn and wake up at 4pm and I fucking hated myself and my life because of it. I still hate myself and my life, but I don't get that same sinking feeling that sets the mood for the rest of my waking hours that I used to get from my sleep schedule. There are definitely helpful things you guys can try. For me it was forcing myself off of the computer.
>>
>>36964331
>I'm willing to bet 90%+ of shitty NEET schedules are simply due to staying up online all night.

That's not a very daring gamble, anon.
>>
Waking up early gets easy once you get into the habit of it, set an alarm and get out of bed, have a shower or something and put some clothes on to get yourself in the "i am awake" mindset. Have a coffee or an energy drink or something.

There's really nothing stopping you besides your will to do it, so make it easier for yourself by making it more of a subconscious thing, by making a habit out of it.

You probably also need something productive to do when you wake up or there won't really be much point.
>>
>>36964053
diet, exercise, meditation, routine

it is not the answer you're looking for but it is the only way
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.