[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why go to bars or clubs? What's supposed to be the pleasure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 404979953.jpg (393KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
404979953.jpg
393KB, 2400x1350px
Why go to bars or clubs?

What's supposed to be the pleasure in it? Obviously, people go to get laid, but they all pretend not to be there to get laid. What's the thing they're pretending to be there for, in that case?

Drinks at three or four times the price of living room booze?
...Stools?
Saying "What?" every ten seconds until you just pretend to have heard what someone else said?

Bars - most of them seem to be pretty dull, without even the horrible but interesting lights and sounds of clubs.

Why go to bars or clubs, robots?
>>
>>36958858
to drink
desm
>>
>>36958858
You to a bar to enjoy beers or shots after work and play some pool or darts.
Maybe fuck a chick in the bathroom or do lines I dunno op why the fuck cant you understand this?
>>
>>36958921
I don't work, I do most of my drinking at home, and I wouldn't go to places with pool tables or dartboards or log tossing contests out the back even if I were persuaded of the value of bar-going.

Have lines ever been done in a place that has a dartboard? Maybe in fucking Colombia, but not anywhere coke has to be imported.
>>
>>36958858

Because alcohol is fetishized by people who are pathetic enough to need it to be entertaining to their company.
>>
>>36959162
lad, I'm in semi-rural northern Georgia and bars around here are liable to have some lines railed on the weekends, dart-boards present and all

kids are greasy, man. all about that shit, or maybe its the company I choose sometimes

anyway, its neat to grab a drink or two with friends if your houses are otherwise unavailable or if you'd like to sort of....idk m8, "show off" your squad?
>>
There was also a point where I didn't understand going to cafes, but I gradually forced myself to go, and I came to understand that they provided a kind of work environment for reading or writing. Something about the presence of others in the background made it more important to focus; probably vanity.

But what use is vanity when all you have in front of you is an alcoholic drink of questionable cost-effectiveness?

If you want to get laid, how are you supposed to "enjoy" a bar or club when you are there to carry out a specific task: chatting up women?

Wouldn't that mean time drinking is time wasted, or even that drinking anything but soda water would impair your chances?

More specifically, if this is the point of going to a bar, why is going to bars made out as some kind of enjoyable and mature activity? It's a slaughterhouse.
>>
>>36959952
Legit surprised, but it's not like I'm an expert.

I can understand going with friends. (The fact that I can't understand friendship aside.) But what's the logic of non-PUA solo bar-going?
>>
>>36959962
i would say that many or even most individuals going to a bar with an intention to pick up a woman go there not solely for that, but also enjoy the atmosphere and social experience

it also isn't necessarily some "game" experience in which if you win you're going home with some slut and if you lose you're condemned to jerking off. there are in-betweens like getting some bitches number or making a future commitment or some shit

>Wouldn't that mean time drinking is time wasted, or even that drinking anything but soda water would impair your chances?

it isn't only certified robots that experience increased confidence and sometimes eloquence+charm when alcohol is added to the equation. normos need some Dutch courage sometimes too, i imagine

>More specifically, if this is the point of going to a bar, why is going to bars made out as some kind of enjoyable and mature activity? It's a slaughterhouse.

i wouldn't call it a slaughterhouse- i WOULD call it an absolute killing in certain circumstances for the establishment tho. it is made out to be enjoyable/mature because in the US folk under 21 can't do it; both a realistic/pragmatic way of excluding those under 21 and a good way to feel "grown up" or superior

never been to a cafe tho, seems too hoity-toity for me. i don't get laid or anything but i actually appreciate talking to random folk these days, so bars ain't so bad
>>
>>36960009
i'd reckon that a lot of people going to bars without explicit intention to pick up some poon, but also go alone are bar regulars that feel quite at home there- other regulars are gonna know them as well as staff

or old cunts, im not sure- maybe the odd situation in which a rather extroverted young person is in a new city and chooses this method to try and meet folk.

thats the best i got man. the stars in their courses chose to avert me from the path of complete robotdom by blessing me with a loyal group of friends first year of HS 11 years ago. added and subtracted some, of course i'm still an abject failure with the opposite sex mostly.

i can provide vicarious pseudo-normie life experience through imageboards i guess
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.