[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys deal with knowing you're replaceable and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_mcklqshgIC1rra6r2o1_400.jpg (76KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcklqshgIC1rra6r2o1_400.jpg
76KB, 400x400px
How do you guys deal with knowing you're replaceable and there are people standing in line to replace you right now? At a job, in a relationship, really anything you "have", theres a bunch of other guys waiting for you to fuck up so they can take over. Often I find others wait for you to fuck up in some way so they can start looking for your replacement. You are as disposable as a tissue when you have a box full of them...
>>
File: 1490407718473.png (76KB, 134x232px) Image search: [Google]
1490407718473.png
76KB, 134x232px
Good thing I don't have anything so I don't have to deal with that.
>>
Yeah, but so is everyone else. Why give a shit?
>>
>>36953681
Thats why you learn a skill, or work a government job.
>>
>>36953681
>isolate myself from everyone and everything
>no one can replace me if my only function is being me
checkmate normies
>>
It was designed to be this way.
>>
>>36953681
Jokes on you I have zero accomplishments and nothing to be replaced at
>>
You cant lose anything if you dont have anything
>>
>>36953681
jokes on you nobody else is gonna translate hardcore fetish yuri hentai
>>
look at it statistically, you are in a very long line, there are always people ahead of you with qt gfs and better jobs and there are a lot of people behind you who have less chances than even you and less money

you will never reach the end of the queue

the goal therefore is to improve your chances, to move up in the "queue", to make life a little less shitty, to take what you can get, so that even if you fuck up you don't sink quite so low, so you are more likely to get lucky, every little improvement like taking up cardio or learning a new skill allows you to move up the queue a little and gives you an advantage over a bunch of normies

unroll some toilet tissues and put them in your pocket and you've just earned a $ or so, go dumpster diving, take a wallet from a drunk normy, scrimp and save everything you can, decide to be rational and objective, do your research and invest in the stock market, all these little things give you anadvantage over everyone else, there are 7 billion people in the world so moving up 1% is like BingTFO of 70 million normies
>>
>>36953681
nobody can Bee myself
>>
>>36953681
Drink all day
Orialagoano
>>
>>36953681
>At a job, in a relationship, really anything you "have"
heh
>>
i'm irreplaceable because nobody at my company knows his way around the source code of our app as well as i do, they're never going to hire a programmer who works for 16 an hour like i do, and nobody is going to find someone to put up with the poor management of this company.

If you're reasonably skilled and open to exploitation, you can achieve irreplaceability.
>>
>>36954027
You're telling me if you quit your $16/hr job the company would just shut down Anon? Come on be realistic.
>>
>>36954023
Then you're one of the ones in line for my shit! REEEEE
>>
File: 1494469927631.png (15KB, 500x111px) Image search: [Google]
1494469927631.png
15KB, 500x111px
>>36953967
Stock market isn't there for peasants to make money. It's not even worth investing if you have under $25,000 because you can't day trade and you'll get BTFO by jews with bull traps. They've found ways to exploit people trying to get into it.
>>
>>36954000
Already there famalam. Nice digits.
>>
>>36953765
I work a government job that gets flooded with resumes for my position. Some are college graduates from good universities.
>>
>>36953759
>Why give a shit?

Because I don't like being disposable. Might not be rational, but who says I have to be.
>>
>>36954122
actually yeah that's exactly what i'm saying.
we got the two founders, the CEO and the CTO, and the CTO has been way too busy to contribute much code between handling user feedback and being admin to the app server, and all of the status reports and other bullshit the CEO requires of him.

We have myself, who does almost all of the coding and QA.

We have an intern who was working only mondays and fridays until this week when he finished school. He has not made a single commit that has made it into our master version because his code sucks and the CTO makes me clean everything that he does up to ready it for launch (arguably it'd sometimes be easier to just do his projects from scratch).

Finally we have a friend of mine from college who quit this week because management sucks.

The app is on the chrome store, people can see it and give it feedback. There's a lot of stuff wrong with it and I'm working out all the problems as they come in, and I'm still required to continue work on the new features we plan to roll out. If I quit, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the influx of bug reports and user feedback with the remaining code team.
>>
>>36954322
Then why the fuck are they paying you shit? I make $18.25 an hour at my job. I'm the tech guy at a school (public) and all I do is unplug shit and plug it back in shit or put in a ticket. If I were you I'd ask for $20 an hour or threaten to quit. (Tell them you found a place that will pay $19) and you can test your theory about how valuable you are.
>>
>>36954191
day trading is obviously stupid for an amateur, if you be rational and objective you can figure that out easily as well as spot scams like multi-level marketing schemes
>>
File: Screenshot_20170503-101734.png (218KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170503-101734.png
218KB, 1440x2560px
>>36954467
Trust me my dude. I've been trying for a year with some success. (Thanks /biz/). They taxed my profits into shit when tax season rolled around.
>>
>>36954415
They're paying me shit because it's a shit company, and I'm looking for work elsewhere.

They've been promising me equity in the company for more than half a year but i have nothing in writing. When I asked for a raise in March they said that they're paying me less because part of my payment is the equity (which I haven't seen yet). That's still bullshit because my dad was the first employee of a startup and they paid him a competitive rate on top of equity, and everything was in writing before they hired him.

My problem is that I'm way too prideful to move back in with my father. I'm aggressively applying to other companies, and when I get a job application, I'm not going to threaten to quit unless I get paid what I'm worth, I'm just going to quit and tell them that they're not going to fill an office with talent by telling their talent to tighten their belts.
>>
>>36954322
...they can always find a pajeet who's smarter than you to work for $10/hour. Don't kid yourself.
>>
File: carrot-stick.jpg (37KB, 650x457px) Image search: [Google]
carrot-stick.jpg
37KB, 650x457px
>>36954562
If you say so. Good luck with the job hunt. Home something sticks from you brobot. >>36954666
This was going to be my next point.
>>
>>36954666
i decided to look for work elsewhere when they started looking for pajeets to hire actually. We had 5 guys do a very small project as a test, the CTO laid out some specifications. One of them was use a certain version of our framework (the version we use) and every one of them used the latest version of the framework and not the one we used. On top of that, each of them had their own little weird bits of spaghetti code.

I'm sure they could continue on patching together spaghetti code for a little while, but they wouldn't be able to hire actual programming talent to stick with them. Not the way they run the company right now.

Since those five guys that I reviewed, the CTO has told me he's tried lots of others and the quality of work is about the same. On top of that, they all say they have 8 years of experience in the framework, and ask for between 20 and 30 an hour.

Pajeets are good at a certain scale where you can hire a hundred of them to write a lot of really shitty code, then have a handful of talented developers sift through and piece together. You can't get a single Pajeet to give you quality, well-documented code that does exactly what you want it to do.
>>
>>36954755
Dude i really feel that picture. Thanks for the wishes. I have a few friends working within a company that has lots of military contracts and they're hiring tons of programmers. They've been distributing my resume to all the related departments, and I've filled out a bunch of applications there. I'm sure to get something over there.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.