[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever wish you were more ambitious and think about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1506.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1506.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Do you guys ever wish you were more ambitious and think about the life you could've had?
>>
File: McP5SXF.jpg (64KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
McP5SXF.jpg
64KB, 1920x1080px
>>36951082
>babby's first time in first class
>on Air Canada
>>
>>36951082
I wish I was more confident.

I do great at work. Interviews are extremely easy for me and I've been promoted rather quickly.

But I would never have the courage to do anything radically different or outside my comfort zone.
>>
>>36951082
Yes
I wish I had been friendlier and taken music or game design more seriously
I would be a poorfag but I would be wealthy with love and the satisfaction of self-actualization
Right now I'm just a fraud of a human and it feels very very bad
>>
>>36951082
that's a stupid wish because A. it's never too late to start and B. "having" a certain life means absolutely nothing if you aren't enjoying the process of earning it it. If you had more, you'd get used to it just as fast and be just as miserable if you're a miserable person.

basically you're asking "what would i be like if i was a completely different person?" why stop at people? you can wish you were a fucking planet while you're wasting your time daydreaming.
>>
>>36951082
>about the life you could've had?
Are you saying all garbage men, waiters, retail workers etc. are losers? What makes you think you deserve to be rich/loved/famous/happy/whatever?
>>
>>36951489
>ywn be Mars during its golden age
>ywn be Neptune and pal around with your wacky and idiosyncratic Uranus buddy/waifu (pun not intended)
>ywn be Saturn and draw the envy of all of the other planets with your glorious rings
>>
>>36951573
>you will never be a traveling rogue planet that gets to see all the sights of the galaxy before settling down in the comfiest star system
>>
>>36951082
Nah, the life I want was always unattainable for me regardless of my ambition.
>>
>>36951489
>never too late to start
false, if you did not at least get close to your dreams by the end of high school or college you are fucked. Doubly so if you did not get the proper positive reinforcement and social development at that time.
>>
Lately I've realised the last few days how much time I have wasted and how I have a surface level of knowledge in so many areas and not the deep expertise.

I'm in Canada for work (though not lucky enough to fly business class like OP) and many guys I'm working with have a better understanding of how to solve problems and the sociability to network, meet new people.

As an oldfag I realise I am playing catch up with many of these guys who are better programmers, know more about computer networks, technologies etc.

Kinda dawned on me that I will stagnate and be an old guy who never went into management, promotion etc. and that all my 'skills' don't count for shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.