[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Robots: Why aren't you reaping the benefits of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: formation-b52.jpg (216KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
formation-b52.jpg
216KB, 1024x681px
American Robots: Why aren't you reaping the benefits of military service?

> fix planes for 45 hours a week
> always in the middle of an airbase, well protected from terrorists, job is only dangerous if I decide to run towards an aircraft engine or do something stupid
> get to travel to greece, russia, ukraine, japan, south america, britain, and germany several times a year
> only go to the desert for 4 months at a time
> each trip makes me anywhere from $2000 to $15000 on top of my normal paycheck
> my job translates into a useable degree that I can use to get a job as a civilian that starts out paying $70,000 at the very least
> college education is basically free
> only required to stay in for 4 years
> I never have to exercise, I only workout a few weeks before my fitness test and pass it with ease because its the air force
>>
Im joining the airforce in the fall, im worried about my ASBAB though. What do I need to get to be competetive?
>>
>>36942330

I passed high school with Cs and Ds and scored mid 80s on the ASVAB. It's one of the easiest thing you'll do in the military.

The officer test is really fucking hard, though.

Whatever you do, get a 4 year contract. 6 years is not worth it, I promise. Also make sure you get the exact job you want. Don't join security forces or aircraft maintenance, or special forces. Those are the most stressful career fields.
>>
>>36942278
i'm thinking about it desu

i was thinking army or airforce because i severely dislike water (so no navy or coastguard) but the impression i get is that army is mostly for dummies (i'm not a genius but i'm not sub-100 iq either
>>
>>36942278
I'm putting my children into the Jrotc program for all of these reasons
>>
>>36942682

The army is more military, the air force is more of a corporation (but that is a good thing, IMO, for comfort and overall life quality).

examples

> fuck up in the army
> makes you do physical labor and yells at you
> fuck up in the air force
> you get a letter telling you that you fucked up and then you move on
> army makes you do PT every day
> air force does PT 3 times a week at max depending on your squadron, but mine never does PT, ever, they just expect you to do it on your own like an adult and pass the PT test
> army: call a sergeant 'sir' and they will rip your throat out
> air force: most sergeants dont give a shit if I call them 'bro', some call me by my first name
>>
>>36942828
either sounds fine to me. i could go the intense discipline route or the intense comfy route with no real qualms
>>
>>36942278
Been there done that.

If you're young, robot and THINK you have a chance to fix your life by joining the military, go infantry.

You'll get no transferable skills, the pay isn't great but fuck me will you come out a changed man. It's a real shame deployments are drying up.
>>
>>36943200

Whatever you want, man. I was going to join the army infantry to feel like a badass but several army veterans suggested I join the air force instead and learn a useful skill like aircraft maintenance.
>>
>>36942636
Officer test? Is this just Air Force or all branches? Do you mean OCS or is it preemptive to ROTC/Academies?
>>
>>36942278
How much alcohol are you allowed to keep? is it possible to binge drink nightly?
>>
felony and parents
>>
>>36943375

I'm talking about the AFOQT, its tough even for smart people

>>36943422

I'm not 21 but to my understanding, as much as you want in the dorms (you are there until you get married or become a senior airman, takes about 3 years). Just don't let leadership know you have more than 5 drinks a week or they will think you are an alcoholic and fuck you over. binge drink if you want just don't show up to work hungover or drunk or you are fucked hard
>>
>falling for recruitment meme on 4chan
>being this dumb
>>
>>36943714

all my friends from high school are already thousands of dollars or more in debt while I just keep making money at my job and taking college courses for free.

It's the best option for most people unless you have health disqualifiers or you are some kind of communist hippie.
>>
>>36943714
you said it, fellow intellectual
>>
Morbidly obese, diagnosed meme depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, flat feet.
>>
>>36942278
>He's a maintainer cuck

Tfw comm boy sitting in a comfy office all day on YouTube and Facebook studying for Certs because the AirForce gives your free money for that shit through AF cool. Getting great IT experience because I actually do important server work unlike people in support squadrons.
>>
File: 3.png (496KB, 981x764px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
496KB, 981x764px
>>36944579

NONNER!!! NONNER!!! NONNER!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>36942278
You are recruiting again? Are you in need of some easily killed, worthless footsoldiers again?
fuck off, we robots know better
>>
>>36942278
I'm sure everybody's military experience will be exactly like what you described.
>>
>>36944770

the army and the marine corp, sure. most air force jobs are just as safe as pretty much any civilian job, when you work at a desk in an office building or deep in a bunker.
>>
>>36944770
1. some people actually want to have things to do other than 'shitpost on NEETbux'

2. you have no idea how much you indirectly reap the benefits of the military, but since you never exercise, your brain isn't running at the appropriate capacity to ascertain that fact anyway
>>
File: 1494460093668.jpg (105KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1494460093668.jpg
105KB, 600x449px
>>36942278
joining US military requires high school degree and if you have high school degree you aren't robot.
>>
>tfw disqualified from joining

Feels bad
>>
File: 7.gif (849KB, 500x191px) Image search: [Google]
7.gif
849KB, 500x191px
>>36944848
>go to the motorpool for 12 hours
>move everything out of a connex
>put it all back in
>single so live in shitty barracks
>mandatory 300$ a month taken out of paycheck for use of the dining facility
>stuck at work until they are closed almost every day, dont get to eat there
>room checked every morning, bitched at if socks aren't rolled right
>have to pretend to "respect" NCOs with double digit IQs
>>
>>36942636
>>36943517
Do I need to take the AFOQT? Why would I even want to do that if I'm only going in for four years?
>>
Oh yeah babe.

Sing with me, YVAN EHT NIOJ!
>>
File: 1494447756501.jpg (96KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1494447756501.jpg
96KB, 409x409px
>>36942278
I tried joining the army around this time last year but I changed my mind, I took the asvab and got a 56. I'm thinking of going back but I'm still breddy physically weak. I hope that the same recruiter guy isn't there anymore.
>>
File: 1458715264982.jpg (101KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1458715264982.jpg
101KB, 728x636px
You couldn't be more obvious militarycuck
How does it feel literally signing your life away for a mediocre wage
>>
>>36947495
>practically no living expensives
>after four years, college paid

Save a little money, get free school. All it costed was a fours years at a desk job. Sounds good to me.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.