[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What social expectations do you personally find to be the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1436547099667.png (136KB, 712x615px) Image search: [Google]
1436547099667.png
136KB, 712x615px
What social expectations do you personally find to be the most onerous?
>>
>>36942093
all of them? that's why i am a fucking failure.
>>
>>36942093
Leaving the house at all ever.
Really tough one.
>>
Whats the point in that image it works both ways
>>
>>36942284
It's actually considered way more pathetic for a guy to act like a girl than for a girl to act like a guy. This isn't MRA bullshit by any means, liberal arts students learn it in intro sociology classes.
>>
>>36942262
surely you find some more difficult than others
>>
>>36942093
I notice often that those who say they line assertive men end up saying they want men who aren't jerks...
>>
>>36942093
If you don't have a girlfriend there are two options:
>you never hook up with girls and are a loser virgin
>you do hook up with girls and are a manwhore

Then once you get a girlfriend:
>if you choose to hang out with friends you are inattentive/a bad boyfriend
>if you choose to hang out with your girlfriend you are whipped

There's no winning
>>
>>36942414
This is why successful businesswomen have subdued feminine traits and try to exude more masculinity and why you don't see generally feminine men outside the arts. It's also why both heterosexual men and women tolerate or even like to see lesbians but despise gay men.

Society is best this way but it can limit personal growth in certain individuals.
>>
>>36942093
This isn't even true. The only typically masculine trait I can think of that would elicit a DYKE response from most people when attributed to a female is "liking girls". In which case it's pretty fucking appropriate.
>>
The whole picture taking thing or rather the general attitude towards picture taking. Now, don't get me wrong, I do see the value in it. It's nice to have something to look back on. It also has its artistic merits, and there is an art behind getting proper focus and lighting and all that.

People seem so focused on taking a good picture that they forget what is genuine enjoyment. As in, when people go skydiving, it's now their profile picture. It shows that they're adventurous, daring, and funloving. I can understand that, but how much of the reason they do the things they do is because they genuinely enjoy it? Most times it seems people do the things they do because they just want to impress someone. You know, I went skydiving twice, and both were fun. Honestly the initial plane ride is my favorite part, but I'm not one easily excitable nor do I get afraid of stuff like that. The threat of death or pain never really gets to me much. Anyways, I felt no real desire to take pictures or anything like that. But this happens often, you know? People go somewhere or do something, and the first idea is to take a picture and tell other people that they're doing this thing. They then have a chip of proof that they are indeed this and that and then can use it in the sexual market and what not. It seems fake as fuck.

I guess this generalizes towards this whole idea of doing things out of personal enjoyment and doing things because it makes others like you more, and I'm afraid generally people do the later much more then they do the former. You know, I could chill here all day on my days off browsing the chans, playing guitar, making different meals and all in all enjoying how pretty and relaxed of a day it is, but others don't find value in that and see that as weird and as if I'm not doing much with my life. Sure, I may not be doing what others deem as entertaining and might see me as boring, but why should I have to entertain others? Fuck that.
>>
>>36943074
it's just an edit of an image complaining about how nobody likes shy guys
>>
>>36942093
That men have to be attractive and interesting and financially secure and funny and assertive and confident and emotionless and emotionally available and fit and popular and fashionable AND willing to commit in the long term before most women will even give him the time of day.
>>
>>36942093
be charming

It's the key to nearly everything.
>>
>Meet girl
>She actually seems interested
>The feel of "You make the first move, you are the guy" is practically palpable
No, I fucking won't.
I can't read your damn confusing signals, think of some halfway passable excuse to talk to you, gauge your reactions, keep an eye out for your flock of friends, orbiters, bffs or actual bf and be calm, collected, and manage to be forward but not overly aggressive, and do all at the same time.
With a wingman its possible but alone I'll just say forget about it 90% of the time.
>>
>>36942093
Just meeting other people's social needs. I've got the tism so I can go months before I feel like I genuinely miss somebody. The only people I see on the reg are either people who are a part of my daily routine(roomie, coworkers, occasionally family) or people who I've still got that "just getting to know you" rush with.

Which sucks, because I want to hang out with people all the time when I'm just getting to know them. But as soon as I'm comfortable with them, I want miles of space as not to risk feeling exhausted and obligated to spend time with them. And these are people I genuinely like.

I just really don't need as much interaction as most people do in order to feel OK.
>>
>>36942504
Well, yeah. That is, if everyone else's opinions matter to you more than your own. And if you don't have the backbone to discern between these opinions when they clash.

[spoilers]just like me, your friendly neighborhood doormat[/spoilers]
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.