/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+ general who here has a degree but can't find a job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1922.jpg (127KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1922.jpg
127KB, 480x360px
25+ general

who here has a degree but can't find a job?

Undergraduate degrees are useless now.
>>
>>36935634
Yo. Tried getting a master's only to fail. The moral is don't even try.
>>
Have a degree, have a job, but not a job in any way related to my degree. It is a job for high school graduates basically. I will probably never have a job related to my degree.
>>
File: 1492976983130.jpg (35KB, 599x351px) Image search: [Google]
1492976983130.jpg
35KB, 599x351px
>>36935634
Been a 6 month welfare neet while looking for jobs. I've gotten a lot of: >"you're a strong candidate but we're looking for someone with 1-2yrs of similar experience for this easy to learn entry level job."
I laugh everytime I see companies complaining about the workforce being underskilled. I thought uni would break the 'you cant get a job without experience, but you can't get experience without a job' loop.
I've given up trying to get a job in my field that I'm too embarrased to mention even here. So now I'm trying to get a job at immigration so I can beat the shit out of people with my impotent neet rage.
>>
>>36935634

I've got an engineering Masters but I only did it to make the chance of getting a more senior position in the job I already have more likely. Don't know if it will help or not but it can't hurt, barely anyone I know has a higher level degree at this stage, if anyone does they either old as fuck or they leave getting their PhD until just before their most senior level appointment.

I don't even know why I'm bothering with this shit, this is technically my third degree and fourth important qualification now, I'd rather just read manga all day desu.
>>
>>36935655

>be me
>BA is basically worthless now
>go to companies
>sorry we need a masters
>go to masters program
>they have a bunch of unnecessary requirements
>spend 6 months studying for stupid entrance exams (gre GMAT mcat cfa take your pick)
>get decent score
>good job
>apply to top tier programs
>sorry we only take 4.0 gpa and the top 1% of scores
>get middle tier masters
>graduate
>literally just as intensive and skills match the only difference is name
>go back to companies
>sorry we only recruit from the 1% of the 1% of top tier programs

Fuck this system. It's just a bunch of hoop jumping designed for really rich and privileged people to succeed

At this point if you're not going to a top tier private high school you're basically locked out of a future in prestigious jobs like law banking medicine 10-15 years down the line

It all depends on your environment
>>
>>36935691
>>36935691

This is me. I spent 6 years studying for something only to work a blue collar job at a small business. I make the same as I did before college.

What's your degree?
>>
>>36935788

What are your degrees/qualifications?
>>
>>36935761
>job in my field that I'm too embarrased to mention even here.
Why? What is it, basket weaving?
>>
I don't know why people even get into higher education when you don't even actually want to do it.

I can't understand what even drives people. Is it a form of normie-autism? Just to keep at it because you've been promised some reward? You're willing to learn about things you don't really care about, and spend years of your life doing it...only to work in some job you really don't care for, meanwhile the rewards at the end of all those years of annoyance aren't even that great.

Just why even do it? I know why, because you're a normie, and you must fufil your normie obligations so you maintain your normie social circles, you don't want to be "that guy" without the bachelors or masters degree, you want to show everyone else you can do it just so you can be accepted as being a capable individual. So now you're a capable individual in the eyes of your normie social group and society as a whole, but does it even matter, you still have this emptiness in your heart that never goes away.

That said you can ignore this if you actually went into higher education for a specific legitimate reason to be able to do something you really want to do and by law you need to have gone to higher education to begin doing it. But if you went into higher education when there's even just a 0.1% chance you could do what you want without going, then you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>36935895

This thread is for 25+ only who actually need jobs outside of retail to live you dumb faggot
>>
>>36935836
BSc in health economics.
Bachelors degree in medicine.
Member of the royal college of surgeons of England.
MSc Orthopaedic Engineering.

I'm basically accumulating letters after my name to make getting a surgical registrar post more likely next year. Takes bare effort though.

Still a /wiz/ard apprentice though, that will be my most meaningful achievement for sure.
>>
>>36935691
>>36935802
>>36935814
Post what you're fucking field is lad, we want to know what to avoid or atleast the risks whith them
>>
>>36935937
I'm 29 and regret every single year I spent at university.

Only people who should be going into high edu are people who want to do things that actually require it. Like >>36935965

The fact of the matter is 80%+ of people at university shouldn't even be there, fucking meme degrees.

But I'm sure the trades people love it, tradesmen get paid so much money in Australia now because nobody wants to be a plumber/electrician anymore.

I know people who by 21 were already earning $100,000+ working as an electrician with zero school debt, meanwhile other people were fucking about with their shitty meme degrees racking up huge amounts of debt.
>>
>>36936041
Tbf I'm the guy you quoted and I hated every second of uni as an undergrad as well for being surrounded by normalfags with no escape. Uni isn't for robots to enjoy, never believe them when they say it'll be the best time of your life. Just go in, get your degree, get out and never look back. Uni was so fucking shit.

Also, my dad is a plumber and an electrician and it's made me realise the meme that they all get paid shitloads isn't true. There are days where he does maybe one job and gets paid massive amounts for it but those days aren't regular. And also because it is manual labour his joints (and lungs since he worked with asbestos) are all fucked. Small self employed tradesmen are stoll feeling the effects of the recession.
>>
File: 1493817259798.jpg (48KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493817259798.jpg
48KB, 533x800px
>>36935634

>25 year old
>still struggled
>2 years ago was washing coins i found on the floor just so that i could buy bread.
>ate empty bread for weeks.
>worked hard on minimum wage in between jobs
>started investing all I could spare in education ( apart from cigarettes I don't spend anything on things that are not strictly necessary ).
>moved in between jobs.
>signed up for a mechanic course, an italian course whilst having a job and a gf.
>all work and no fun
>falling behind on my income.
>started small time projects so that I can earn extra money
>decided to borrow money and fund my gf's make-up business
>first 6 months we had 2 clients
>finally got an above-average job
>the make-up bussines literally exploded in the last 2 months, with 30-35 clients each month.

I will never forget where I was and where I came from. Our combined income is 6x what is was 1 year ago. And it's still inflating.
Also, investing in my education was the best decision of my financial life.
>>
Aren't most CS/CE degrees guaranteed employment?
>>
>>36935878
Might as well have been hahaha.
I got a bachelor of communication since it was something I enjoyed doing, I dont even mind that the money is shit and that its a complete meme degree.
The frustration come from no being able to get a job in my field and the only related/transferrably skilled jobs that I could get are so shit you cant support yourself on the meagre part time/casual income they arent even worth doing.
So I've given up in the field and I'm salty as all fuck that i recently paid $120 for membership to be in the field's proffesional body while I'm sitting on welfare getting rejection letters everyday from the industry
>>
>>36936180
>>36936180

PR? Advertising? Radio?

A lot of startups need communication majors
>>
>>36936144
Good on you dude. That makes me happy knowing you can be in a bad place at one point to having something at another. Good luck, man.
>>
>>36936610

i know that it may sound cliche, but no matter how broke you are, no matter how dark the times, never give up, keep on fighting for your life and your goals.

Never allow yourself to be defeated. A man is never trully defeated untill he accepts it in his mind. Everything else is just a temporary challenge. A test from life. Will you fight and pass ? Or roll over and die ?
>>
>>36935634
>ungrads are useless now
>now
They always were. Its just worse now.
>>
>>36936144
Do you use Italian?
I'm learning too.
>>
>>36935655
what in?

>>36935761
>I thought uni would break the 'you cant get a job without experience, but you can't get experience without a job' loop.

Har har har me too, now I am 25 with an entry level job and 30k of debt. What did you study?

>>36935788
>engineering Masters
fuck your life. ive heard the horror stories from my structural eng mates when i was at uni. never mind going further.

>read manga all day
What you reading? Ive gone back to BECK. Its the one series I can never tire of. Its like a parallel universe I get to peak into of what life could have been. Sometimes that makes me very sad.

>>36935802
>Fuck this system. It's just a bunch of hoop jumping designed for really rich and privileged people to succeed
You aint wrong. Its everywhere.

>>36935814
>I make the same as I did before college.
Maybe its time to get on that military time.

>>36935895
>Just to keep at it because you've been promised some reward?
I dont know if youre actually 10 and havent been exposed to it yet, but the entire world pressured gen Y into going to uni, because of exactly what I quoted. We were told from the day we got into first grade in school, uni/college is the most important thing.
>>
>>36935634
You come from a meme country
>>
>>36936041
>I'm 29 and regret every single year I spent at university.
25, same. I was the laziest, most useless fuck while at uni. Never tried, because I had drunk the coolaid and assumed a degree would be enough to give me a career.

It probably doesnt help its from CDU either.
>>
>>36935634
does a highschool diploma count as a degree ?
>>
>>36938811
Worth less than toilet paper
>>
>>36935634
i've worked since i came out of college with nothing but an undergrad. so have most people i know.
>>
>>36935802
Fuck everything mate.
>>36937491
>what in?
My undergrad is in physics and my masters was going to be in theoretical physics.
>>
>>36935634
So fucking ridiculous. We were told that goiing to college was the key to success. BS
>>
29. Civil engineer. No job in sight. Been looking for the last 4 years. It's useless, nobody cares about your degree anymore. What gets you emplyoed is social skills and connections, which I lack.
>>
26 years old and dropped out of community college twice because of being drug addict back when i was young. Spent the next couple years in rehab or sober home and working shit jobs. Now I live at my parents place smoke weed every day, work a job i hate that's fucking up my body and then live like a neet when i can. Life sucks.
>>
>>36937288
spiegami per quale motivo stai studiando italiano ahahaha stai imparando una lingua morta amico mio
>>
>>36935761
I bet it's fucking women's or gender studies.
>>
>>36935634
I have two college degrees and seven years retail experience. I can't find a job.

Frustrating, as i am currently unemployed and i have only four or five months left to pay back my student loans.
>>
File: 0eadyhfy.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
0eadyhfy.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>you're a strong candidate but we're looking for someone with 1-2yrs of experience

As someone in charge of hiring for my company, I can tell you that this is false and the hiring manager just used it as a convenient excuse to let you down gently. There must have been some other reason you weren't hired e.g. you acted autistic in the interview, dressed sloppily, gave the impression you wouldn't fit in with the team or any other reason.

Also AMA about job interviews.
>>
>>36940132
I will also add that yes I 100% DO discriminate against minorities when hiring. You can usually tell an Arab or spic from the name on the resume so into le trash it goes. But sometimes blacks can have "white sounding" names and they slip through the cracks. They never make it past the interview stage though as I always let them down with the "need 10+ years of experience" excuse.

I see it as counteracting all the libtard hiring managers that specifically hire for diversity and ignore white males. I got your back bros.
>>
File: rope dog.jpg (43KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
rope dog.jpg
43KB, 576x521px
>>36939021
M-m-me too. I have a degree and only wagecuck experience. Companies like me less since I have no internship experience.
>>
>>36940132
>>36940193

I used to own a small biz and I too would throw resumes of Brown's and blacks right into the garbage
>>
File: IMG_0813.jpg (65KB, 550x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.jpg
65KB, 550x474px
>tfw got a job offer 5 months before graduation with no internships/connections
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.