[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know how they say you shouldn't get caught up other

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1399960502825.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399960502825.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
You know how they say you shouldn't get caught up other peoples fake lives on normiebook? Because it' all lies, best foot forward bullshit?

I was browsing this girls page and since I last kept tabs on her, I can tell it's not bullshit. She got fit, graduated uni, taught a class in some thirdworld shithole, moved from canada to china (with plenty of trips to other foreign places) for a couple years then over to amsterdam and is now living it up over there.

Like holy shit, do you know what I've done? Sit in the same fucking room for 5 years and go to whatever bullshit job I hate and fap endlessly. This shit needs to change. Fuck being so stagnant, I want to leave my country and go do something.

If all the next 5 years has is more of the same shit I may as well kill myself. This is no way to live.

Screenshotting this so that If I see it in a year and I'm the exact same I will kill myself.
>>
if youre gonna die anyways and hate your life might as well drop everything tomorrow and go do some shit. why dont i do this
>>
>>36933364
Because you don't wanna die, you just don't wanna live
>>
>>36933364
I dunno. And I don't know whats been holding me back but with a timer on the clock may as well.
>>
>>36933411
>>36933428
nah i just put shit off because im content and get money to go to a shitty community college. ill probably snap after all that fails.
>>
Sei a cute
>>
People who say that just don't want to accept people live shitty or depressing lives
I've seen people I went to high school with or people younger than me do so much in relatively short amount of time
I'm only 22 and have done nothing but be a useless neet and failure
I'm trying to keep motivation but I haven't had that since I was a kid
I feel so brain dead trying to learn practical things as well
>>
i don't advertise it on social media but sometimes i wonder if people do this with me.

there's a way of framing my life where i
>graduated high school
>went to a great college
>wore my normie mask so well that people actually believed it
>went on a ton of trips, often to far away places
>graduated with the highest honors
>landed a full-time professional job right out of school
>put it on hold to go to an ivy league graduate program instead
>still haven't even turned 24

sounds pretty impressive i guess?

it's not
it does not make me happy
it does not make me feel anything at all
all the on-paper success on the world doesn't mean anything unless you create meaning for it

i don't mean this to sound like a standard "grass is greener on the other side" kind of thing.

i mean to say that whether or not you interpret your life as a success comes down not to whether you objectively did "something" with your life, it comes down to how you feel.

maybe the thing we want, but will never achieve, is not being a success but, instead, the feeling of being a success (or, at least, of not wasting your life)

what i'm getting at is that if you feel empty, "doing something" will not necessary remedy that emptiness
>>
>>36933700
Ignoring the subjectivity of feeling, even if you're depressed out of your mind. You've still done something. You've had a degree, you've been places and done things. It is impressive regardless of how you feel. To be honest, to me your post sounds like a rich person saying "money doesn't make me happy" maybe it doesn't, but it sure as fuck makes being sad a lot easier.

Call me bitter, and maybe I am a little. But regardless of how you feel you've still accomplished more than me, thus the potential for happiness and fulfillment was there. I haven't even had the potential for it. I've sat alone in a room thinking about how I'm slowly dying for the past 5 years.

On the other hand, all of those experiences have opened potential opportunities and connections for you. Compared to me you're objectively at a net positive because I lack everything you could potentially have.
>>
>>36933860
money is actually fairly immaterial in all of this. i've spent most of my life in education, i am not rich, i have actually made startlingly little money.
that being said, i agree that having more money would make my sad life less sad, as it would for literally everyone.

my point is more that i can arrange my life into bullet points of my accomplishments that make me sound successful.
social media allows people to do this with decontextualized bits of visual media from their life.

another reading of me could easily be
>social retard
>only gets through life by pretending to be normal
>no gf ever
>no real skills except useless abstract analysis
>no real passion for anything
>horrible defeatist attitude towards everything in life
>no hobbies beyond video games and weed
>destined for failure, saved repeatedly by pure happenstance

this is equally as accurate as the first description.

both, i think, are meaningless.

the only way objective accomplishments will provide you with emotional fulfillment is if you are the kind of person who is truly only emotionally fulfilled by checking boxes off on a list
i suspect you are not that kind of person either, but maybe i'm wrong
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.