[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cashier tries to make small talk >mumble something and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1474063431296.jpg (10KB, 236x225px) Image search: [Google]
1474063431296.jpg
10KB, 236x225px
>cashier tries to make small talk
>mumble something and try to make eye contact
>cashier gets nervous and stops making any attempt
>awkwardly grab things and leave
every fucking time, idk how it's possible for people like me to make every single situation so awkward when it's so easy for normal people
>>
>>36928554
What did the cashier say?
>>
I hate it when they do that. I don't want to talk to you, faggot. Just ring all my shit up so I can pay and get the fuck out of there.
>>
Stop being a beta faggot and speak up. Think beforehand about a topic you wish to discuss, and initiate the discussion. Don't mumble, and if you stutter like an autist, apologize and continue talking. Go into every situation with a conversation starter and/or topic and you'll never run out of things to say. The only real caveat is that, in the case you're in public talking to someone you don't know, it should be a fairly simple and widely approachable topic, like sports or pets.
>>
>>36928598
>"Do you live in the city"
>no I'm in the s-suburbs *point out door*
>"oh, I'm from the south side"
>look at her and say "cool", but voice cracks
>she breaks eye contact
>awkwardly hands me my bag and I leave
>>
>>36928635
Fuck talking sports with casual chads.
Any time i go into an establishment, and a worker notices me they get scared like i'm going to beat them up or something i'm actually nice.
I always have a mean face i guess
>>
>>36928632
the worst part is when you walk into a store and have like 3 employees ask if you need help
why?
if I have a problem I can figure it out or ask you
>>
>>36928706
Why the fuck are you so nervous?

Original! Post!
>>
>>36928742
Then try to fucking talk with them instead of shitting on them on an anonymous image board, you absolute autist. People are scared of the unknown, especially when the unknown seems like a social cretin. Prove you aren't the loser they think you are. Or, if they're irredeemable, give them a stern fuck off and ignore them; you'll never know if you don't try.
>>
>>36928769
because I possibly have autism and I haven't had a conversation outside of my family or the 2 line exchange at work in the last 6 years.
before then, I didn't even talk to people in public, all my friends in school just happened, so I have literally never had a normal conversation in public.
>>
>>36928769
It's hard for robots to understand the point of small talk. Whenever I start a conversation it's because I want to get information - that's it. When someone starts asking me empty questions like "where are you from" I always stutter and have a hard time immediately answering because I want to give an answer that conveys lots of good information (the same way I would want to get an answer), and I forget in the heat of the moment that the questioner doesn't actually want to know anything. Just another reason to stay away from normies.
>>
When you act nervous people naturally get suspicious
>>
>cashier says hi
>try to say hi back
>so unused to talking that I say it too loudly
>people stare
The worst feel.
>>
>>36928769
why are you asking people who are completely socially awkward and face a huge social stigma why they're nervous?
>>
>>36928837
Why don't you practice, more? Are you even trying to become better at public talking?

>>36928865
There's a difference between not wanting to small talk, and being unable to. The first is fine, the latter is pathetic.

>>36928901
Curiosity. I'm curious what their excuse is for being bad at talking in public.
>>
Whenever that happens, I just remain silent and stare at them until they're obviously uncomfortable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.