[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do normies make eye contact? I've been trying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: reeduck.jpg (217KB, 600x542px) Image search: [Google]
reeduck.jpg
217KB, 600x542px
How often do normies make eye contact? I've been trying to practice by looking at strangers but I don't even know how long i'm supposed to hold it for

I've had insane difficulties even looking my parents in the eyes my whole life, so I'm trying to grasp the basics
>>
Some years back I had trouble looking people in the eyes. Now I actually can't stop, which is kinda difficult when talking with a cockeyed...

I think I turned myself just by forcing myself to look people directly in the eyes all the time
>>
>>36920049
>Some years back I had trouble looking people in the eyes. Now I actually can't stop, which is kinda difficult when talking with a cockeyed...
>I think I turned myself just by forcing myself to look people directly in the eyes all the time

I got told few days back that I make too much eye contact.. FML

Can't win
>>
when your mouth is moving you should be making eye contact to the person you are speaking to
>>
>>36920157
yeah but for how long and what do i look at when i break off?
>>
>>36919682
Never break eye contact.
Watch them squirm.
>>
Dont try to learn, if it dont come natural, ignore it
>>
>in a conversation with someone
>listening to them talking about something
>suddenly become very self aware
>a bit like "breathing manually", suddenly you are super aware of the fact that you're looking at their face and are listening to words
>trying to look them in the eye but also aware that you're making too much eye contact, can't seem to find a natural balance
>lose track of when they're saying a bit and have to respond with a generic "mm, yeah" and hope that's ok
anyone else get this feel sometimes? Only other time i've had it was smoking too much weed with friends (i basically never do so this was a new experience) and i got very paranoid and selfaware that i was acting too high and i had the same weird self awareness of everything i was doing, except apparently i did absolutely nothing and sat there staring at people for about 2 hours
but i'm told that's a normal reaction to weed and it's fine
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.