[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAE have a fear of flying on planes? The cosmic radiation scares

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 58fef4b8387260559c6d4c576f163eeb.jpg (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58fef4b8387260559c6d4c576f163eeb.jpg
210KB, 1920x1200px
DAE have a fear of flying on planes? The cosmic radiation scares the shit out of me.
>>
>cosmic radiation
>>>/x/
>>
>>36909946
Fuck off retard how the fuck would that possibly be /x/
>>
>>36910054
thinking that the extra dose of radiation you get from flying will seriously hurt you is pretty /x/-tier retarded
>>
>>36909935
Flying is so relaxing. I think it's the combination of low rumbling white noise and increased oxygen saturation that make me enjoy flying.

Night flights are the best, you watch a movie on your laptop or read a book while the lights are all dark and engines rumble in the background. So fucking comfy my man.
>>
>>36910141
Just of those high-energy photons collides with your neural system in just the right way and it will set off a chain reaction, destroying your brain and rendering you a vegetable.

It's happened before and it will happen again.
>>
>>36910054
There's no empirical evidence that suggest pilots suffer from cancer any more than the regular person. You're full of brainwashed shit.
>>
>>36910215
>Photons

Oh, you're retarded.
>>
>>36909935
The only thing you have to fear is when the asshole in front of you reclines your sear and you're trapped up against the window by a fat smelly hambeast in a flying can of the farts of hundreds of people for 13 hours and you can't move.

Oh yeah. And the TSA can see your naked body. They know what your dick looks like when you go through the screens.
>>
File: 4db.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
4db.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>36910215
404 proofs not found
>>36910205
very comfy indeed
>>
>>36910255
M-my dick is a nice size. Fat people annoy me though
>>
No because planes are /m/ and /m/ is life
>>
>>36910215
[citation needed]

Very origami
>>
>>36910141
Radiation exposure is cumulative so it would hurt him eventually.
>>
>>36910205
is it strange that i know this feel yet i am also terribly anxious of flying?

>parents work for airline
>grow up with free flight privileges on my parents airline
>parents constantly take me on trips
>have to fly all the fucking time
>develop irrational anxiety about the plane crashing around age 11
>know planes are safe but still get freaked out
>read about plane mechanics and aviation safety to try to stop being so afraid
>only succeed in giving more technical names for things i am afraid will happen
>"what if we enter an unrecoverable aerodynamic stall?" etc.

but when i'm stuck on a plane for long enough--especially international flights--the fear just dulls over time and i feel incredibly comfy

>the cabin lights are dark
>everyone is sleeping
>occasionally see the FAs make a cup of coffee or walk down the aisles
>nothing to see out the window but nighttime and the moon
>headphones in
>movie or tv playing
>close my eyes
>drift off
>wake up
>beautiful sunrise colors begin to crest through the plane windows

yeah nigga
that's the shit i like

i just wish i could stop being a bitch about flying in general though
>>
>>36910327
I'm anxious about flying, but once I'm up there, not even heavy turbulence will make me flinch.

I flew from LA to Norway on a Boeing Dreamliner, extremely comfy flight despite there being heavy weather from Nevada to Greenland. It's like being cradled.
>>
>>36910327
flying at 30k feet in an aluminum tube at hundreds of miles an hour tends to be a little spooky, i will agree
>>36910303
pilots who fly full time for airlines only have marginally increased chances of getting cancer, the amount you get from traveling is really not significant
>>
>>36910327
I'm convinced they pump oxygen into the cabin then...

I assume an unrecoverable stall is highly unlikely, you'd need to be flying at a really a exaggerated attitude to stall a commercial jet. Pilots are like bus drivers, they do their shit everyday and ground crews are attentive too.

My last international flight was through Dallas to the Pillipines, I had the shits over Anchorage, and that was not very comfy.
>>
>>36910285
How tall are you? Because if you're got long legs, fuck me it's bad. You get 2-3 inches when the seat in front of you isn't fully reclined. When it is. You get nothing.

Last time I did a long haul the nigger whore in front of my reclined straight away so I just held my legs up so she couldn't go further back. Kept kneeing the seat the whole flight. Like "Fuck you bitch, I don't get sleep because I can't get comfortable. You don't either". Got to the point she actually turned around and punched the seat and said "fuck you!!!" her nigglet boyfriend got up leaned over the seat, looked at me with my shaved head and goatee and said "babe, it's ok just relax".
>>
>>36910404
>what is air pressure
of course they put oxygen into the cabin you colossal retard
>>
>>36910372
Studies show no significant internal carcinomas, just put on some sunscreen and you mitigate a majority of the risk.
>>
>>36910430
And farts. Don't forget the hundreds and hundreds of farts.
>>
>>36910430
>saturation

You have been blocked from posting
>>
>>36910354
i'm actually cool with turbulence unless something feels really wrong/unusual.
i've flown a shit ton so i have a decent internal sense of what's just normal bumps and what's "time to clench"

what gets me is regional jets where you can feel the wind pushing you around
approach to LGA is the absolute worst for this btw since you come in over long island sound
steep banking makes me pee my pants too

>>36910404
i mean, everything with planes is "highly unlikely"
but people who get rare diseases are rarely comforted by doctors telling them how rare it is, right?

anyway
http://avherald.com/h?list=&opt=1
here is a incomplete but fairly comprehensive tracker of every reported airplane problem in most countries.
many of the issues are fairly minor
some are a little scarier

i read this website every day
>>
>>36910417
I never got this, I fall asleep fine with my seat pretty much not reclined. I think only one person has ever reclined thier seat and I just had to deal with thier lack of common decency. I have also been blessed with no noisy children on any recent flights.
>>
>>36910492
>what gets me is regional jets where you can feel the wind pushing you around

Oh I have these when I fly to Amsterdam on a tiny ass Embraer.

I think it's kind of cool, especially when they turn and you can feel the entire plane swinging as it tries to stabilize itself.
>>
>>36910517
>I have also been blessed with no noisy children on any recent flights.

That one fucking cunt that takes their young baby into economy.

I can't sleep aye. I take as much booze as I can from the stewardesses. I try predrink. I take sleeping tablets. I just can't get comfortable reclined with my inflatable neck pillow and that one tiny little plastic cuck pillow they give you. Sometimes I even get the middle seat empty and take both pillows and lift the arm rest and I still can't get to sleep. It's always 12+ hours of hell. My longest flight was 33 hours. I wanted to kill myself by the time it was over.

I especially hate how you always walk through business and first class before you leave. They really know how to make you feel like a piece of shit.
>>
>>36910448
That comfy feeling of lying under the blanket and letting out farts that are covered by engine noise and building up the aroma under the blanket.
>>
>>36910417
>he flies long haul in pleb class
>>
Does anyone have experience trying to upgrade your ticket from economy to business?

What kind of deals can you get at the gate itself if there are available business class seats?

I'm flying from Denmark to Japan tomorrow and I'd love to try upgrading. How much would it cost?
>>
>>36910786
It's expensive, but just ask nicely if they have any open seats and if they're nice and you're charming and the planets align they might bump you up for free.

Look up casey niestats video on business class.
>>
>>36910591
Invest in a nice pillow for yourself. Splurge on small creature comforts like a coffee or a kpin before a flight so it's not total hell.

I was on economy on transcontinental flight and the seats were pretty cushy, nothing like economy on a domestic flight, but nothing like you're talking about.
>>
>>36910786
Ask for it, most likely the only option you have, if any, is to pay for it. The "free" upgrades are always given by frequent flyer status order.

t. frequent flyer who routinely gets upgraded at the gate
>>
>>36910875
Asking nicely and looking nice hasn't worked in over 20 years. There is a clear pecking order that goes by frequent flyer status. Higher status goes first.
>>
>>36910939
Meh, casey niestats a fucking like then.
>>
>>36910947
Kike

Fuck the robot
>>
>>36910947
Still trying to figure out what the fuck you just said.
>>
>>36910976
There's a video by a jewish filmaker/vlogger named Casey Niestat. He flies constantly and has made a video on his channel called "How to fly first class every time" or something to that effect. He of course uses his status as a frequent flier to get free bumps, but also says in his video that you can get bumped for asking nicely. He's obviously just a kike and gets bumped based on his miles.
>>
>>36910976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84WIaK3bl_s

this, i think
i had to look it up because reading that post gave me a stroke too
>>
>>36911070
It's not impossible to get bumped by asking nicely. But if you don't have a high frequent flyer status then it's very very unlikely. Why would they upgrade some random nobody and leave a guy with platinum status in pleb class?
>>
>>36911102
I just rewatched the video, he never says that, but I am not mistaken in hearing that somewhere. Maybe it's just a myth, maybe it was in an article about airline myths that were debunked, it doesn't matter, I don't fly enough to care.
>>
File: chemtrails.png (2MB, 1183x669px) Image search: [Google]
chemtrails.png
2MB, 1183x669px
>>36909935
you should be more worried about the chemtrails you are helping spray by giving your money to the major airlines
>>
I used to be a bit afraid of flying but now not really anymore, I secretly even hope the plane crashes desu
>>
>>36910303
Not really. The higher the individual dose, the higher the cumulative statistical effect, but that's not really talking about the exposure you get by flying planes.
>>
>>36912588
What exactly is wrong with cropdusting our meat factories with antibiotics and lithium?
>>
>>36909935
>dae

Fucking niggerspeak. It gives me such a headache trying to figure these out based on context.
>>
Never had a fear of flying but I went with Malaysian Airlines a few days after their second plane went down. Turbulence made me sweat.

Great flight though.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.