[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My little brother (20 year old) keeps on trying to become a pro-gamer.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: aizydigdh.jpg (124KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
aizydigdh.jpg
124KB, 640x427px
My little brother (20 year old) keeps on trying to become a pro-gamer.

He hasn't gone to college at all, he has made a few hundred dollars off his "pro gamer career" from LAN events in the last 2 years, otherwise he is a NEET.

Parents keep telling me they're going to kick him out soon if he doesn't get a job.

He literally believes it's possible for him to make a living out of gaming. He can't accept the reality that it's literally not going to happen for him. How many years will this delusion take to wear off until he finally wakes up and realizes his pissed his 20s away trying to become a pro gamer and he has absolutely nothing to show for it?
>>
Not everyone can be a winner. Your parents will kick him out soon enough and he'll only be able to game after his mcCuck job.
>>
>>36909320
he's still young he's nowhere close to pissing his 20s away. who says he can't improve and get a decent rank in esports? lots of teams take years before they become tier 1. why on earth would parents kick their child out of the house esp when he's actually trying to do something with himself.
>>
>>36909426
if you're 20 and not getting near the top in esports, your time is already up.
>>
>>36909426
Because he isn't trying to make something of himself. Delusions aren't beneficial.
>>
>>36909320
I ended up making a little less than 4k in total off my "esports career". I have to say I never thought I could make a living off of it but it felt really nice to be good at something.
>>
I can relate. My younger brother wants to be the next Minecraft guy but his only "talent" is drawing awful cartoons that mimic they Cyanide and Happiness art style.
I'd understand if he was a teenager but he's a grown-ass adult.
>>
File: IS-THIS-NIGGA-s3gs2e.jpg (31KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
IS-THIS-NIGGA-s3gs2e.jpg
31KB, 600x457px
>>36909426
You young fags just don't get "it" do you?

You're waiting around taking it easy, being comfortable, thinking you can just get up and start at 25 or something, yeah, it's all going to work out itself, right?

Yeah you're going to be in for one big shock when you wake up in a few years time (it'll happen fast, trust me) and realise you've done absolutely nothing with your life and you're years behind your peers.
>>
>>36909509
Literally this. I have a friend who's literally doing nothing and thinks life will just come together.
>>
>>36909509
Or some people know they are destined to be losers. Nigger I knew I would never be shit I'm not gonna get up at 25 and be something and it's not going to work itself out. I'm a loser always have been always will be but at least I do shit with my life that I can say I enjoy.
>>
>>36909509
suddenly ppl are on life coaches on r9k huh? at least OPs brother won't be in debt for no reason at 25.
>>
>>36909648
messed up my post but you get it
>>
>>36909648
Yeah he'll only be homeless with no prospects.
>>
Tell him its worth it, I never made it big but I attracted a large following on Twitch and I'm making in a month what some people make in a year
>>
>>36909703
Shut up tobias
>>
Sounds worth it to me, making money while playing vidya was my childhood dream.
>>
What % of "pro" gamers even make money?

Isn't it like one of those things where like the top 0.00000001% make all the money and the rest make pretty much nothing?
>>
>op jealous because hes stuck wagecucking away while his brother gets to play videogames all day
>>
>>36909320
Kek. Feel sorry for him and your f a m... The bad thing is that your parents need to take care for him until he's like 26.

Without education he wont make it.

If you havent made it in eSports before 18, then there is no chance fbm.
Does he play csgo?
>>
>>36909320
What's the game?

I don't stream or anything but I've made money at fighting game tournament before, would never consider it for s career tho
>>
>>36909825
>>36909833

Overwatch (origionsddoifsoidfksd0f)
>>
>>36909859
i bet he's a filthy s76 metaslave whore
>>
there is retarded amount of money to be made in esports and gaming in general. I remember back when I used to play WoW and boost people I've been making something close to 1k euro a month. it's ridiculous how much money you can make in gaming world.
>>
>>36909917
>1k per month
>no benefits
>no retirement

lmao, why is it all games have this in common? IE: They think poverty tier amounts of money with zero extra benefits and retirement is amazing.

How out of touch can you be....esports is a joke
>>
>>36910018
Just that it wasn't esports.
That's just something he was doing on the side. An easy 2 hours of work every day.
Actually good LoL/Dota/CS pros make upwards of 6 digits.
>>
>>36910018
>no retirement
nigga, you do know that 'retirement' money is just money they take from your paycheck right? Unless your employer matches your 401k, which very few do, then it's not anything extra
>>
>>36909320
got a similar thing going on with a friend that makes beats. He's only 19, but he also dropped out of highschool -_-
Fortunately for him, he has made a decent amount of money through it. But I don't think he'll ever reach his delusional dream of being a rich rapper if he doesn't even want to learn about music theory. Dude's wigger, I don't think his image will sell either.
>>
>>36909320
Encourage him. Tell him he's one of the most skilled gamers you've ever seen. He just needs more practice. And your parents are assholes because they aren't supporting in his son in his dreams, and isn't that what parents are supposed to do? Support their kids and encourage them to do what makes them happy?

Then when your parents become super disillusioned with him, nothing you do will seem as bad in comparison. You could even come to be known as the "good son"
>>
>>36910085
all of the best soundcloud rappists are wiggers now
>>
Why are all e-sports games boring moba shit or some turbosperging stuff like SC2 and CS?
>>
>>36909485
>next Minecraft guy

Lel that would've been possible back in 2010-2012 now it's definitely over.
>>
>>36910103
>Support their kids and encourage them to do what makes them happy?
That doesn't sound right to me at all.
>>
>>36910639
Don't all parents want their kids to have a better life than they did?
>>
>>36910244
To make it worse, since I'm going to school for business, he tells me that with my skills, he'll even throw me a bone and hire me to work for him.
I hate him so much and the worst thing is that my parents are okay with this, they never say no to him.
>>
File: merryxmas.jpg (22KB, 171x294px) Image search: [Google]
merryxmas.jpg
22KB, 171x294px
>>36909509
>You're waiting around taking it easy, being comfortable, thinking you can just get up and start at 25 or something, yeah, it's all going to work out itself, right?

That depends how you define "work out itself" though

My idea of working itself out is literally scraping by at the lowest wagecucked lifestyle possible in a single room apartment

t. 26 y/o
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.