[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently writing a list of strengths and weaknesses is a starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2338.jpg (205KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2338.jpg
205KB, 750x1334px
Apparently writing a list of strengths and weaknesses is a starting point for improving self-esteem. I don't really know what to make of this though. It feels badly done/incomplete. Any tips?
>>
Go to >>>/adv/ and ask them.
>>
>>36909232

Oh right thanks

Orig
>>
>emotionally intelligent

faggot EXFX detected with tier 1 normie problems
>>
>>36909216
OP has to be INFP
>>
>>36909216
Why do you consider yourself emotionally intelligent? Don't most of the cons counter that?
>>
>>36909246

haha what is EXFX?
>>
>I often take initiative in social situations
>actually having a social circle

get out you fucking normalfag
>>
>>36909264

Well I feel like I can understand how people are feeling and the reasons for that most of the time. When I sometimes disregard them, I don't do it because I don't know what I'm doing, I just choose not to for some stupid reason (eg carried away by my own idea)
>>
>>36909216
Are you you me?
If you were me I'd add: I'm to cheeky and easily startle people with that But I can't help it.
>>
>>36909216
if you have a list of strengths you are a supernormal normalized normanian and you need to get out
>>
>>36909275

Oh true, sorry. I should have mentioned that I'm not a robot. I'm here because this is a good place to get neutral feedback that's not influenced by anything other than what I'm asking and I'm not being judged by people I know.
>>
>>36909258

I did the test and got INFJ but I'm close to 50/50 on J/P
>>
File: hmmmm.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.png
175KB, 600x600px
>>36909350
>deep thinker
>thinks /r9k/ is a good place for neutral feedback
genuinely causes my person to ponder
>>
>>36909305

Yeah that resonates with me.
>>
>>36909216
I can't tell if these are really general attributes or if you're my twin.
>>
How do you improve self confidence when you're rock bottom? Like I'm at the point where I think complete strangers on the street are better than me just by looking at them.
>>
>>36909390

r9k doesn't give itself credit. I stopped browsing regularly a few months back because of too much shitposting, but there's often absolute gems of wisdom to be found.

There's been numerous times where someone has summarised a fairly ambiguous and difficult to explain feeling I've had perfectly, so there's definitely intelligent people on here.
>>
>>36909464

Hmm well they say that once you're at rock bottom, you're free to do whatever you want.

In social terms, I think this means that you have such a low self-esteem that you're completely indifferent to what happens to you. Thus, you can just have a good time because you don't feel any attachment to or responsibility for yourself.

If you're just feeling like pretty shit about yourself, but not quite indifferent, idk dog. I'm in the same boat. Look it up like me I guess
>>
>>36909483
nah, that's probably just because your problems aren't complex or obscure in the least, thus easy to relate to and describe
exhibit a and b
>>36909424
>>36909305
>>
>>36909682

perhaps, but the point is that i've had feelings that i haven't been able to express, and someone else on here has done it perfectly. Often I'm not even completely aware or conscious of the feeling until someone spells it out on here.
>>
>>36909464
I just sort of regard myself so different from people that i'm pretty much a different species (not the otherkin or shit like that), that way I don't compare myself to others, don't feel ostracized as a fellow human and don't empathize/ feel solidarity
It's not really healthy perhaps but it helps me cope
>>
>>36909761
but i thought you were a deep thinker? either way what you said just now has nothing to do with your Op, what's your end game here, you stinky normalslime?
>>
>>36909786

yeah, thinking deeply isn't always the same thing as being able to express how you feel.
>>
>>36909216
You have really nice writing. And you seem like a nice person. You seem fine anon.
>>
>>36909216
>Infp faggot
Help me dear god
>>
>>36909786

i'm looking for other perspectives and advice on how to improve self-esteem. One of the main themes of this board is low self-esteem so I assume there's people here who have done more research into improving it than me.

stinky robot
>>
>>36909829

oh thanks man

org.
>>
>>36909829

or woman

origninal
>>
>>36909863
If you're a good writer and get carried away by unrealistic ideas and fantasies why don't you start developing a fantasy world and writing a novel?

>>36909878
I'm a guy anon, sorry.
>>
>>36909814
>Often I'm not even completely aware or conscious of the feeling until someone spells it out on here.
what about this line, cool guy?
>>36909846
and yet here we all remain on the low self-esteem board
quite the quandary
and did i mention REEEEEE?
>>
>people shitting on INFPs
we're so aware we can literally smell you and know who you are you cannot compete with the best personality type however OP is a faggot just cause lol
>>
>>36909889

that's a good idea, i'll start doing some writing. i was thinking about picking up a creative writing paper anyway so that works out.
>>
>>36909903

rephrase your point for me dog, im too caught up in the quandary
>>
>>36909889

thanks btw

origniasnl
>>
>>36909987
i'm implying that if we had the quintessential self-improvement advise, we wouldn't be here
but we are here
do you see?
>>
>>36909216
Your weakness side is full of repetition. It is much more beneficial just to group many of them as being generally socially anxious and self conscious. You don't break down generalities in your strength column so it looks less significant. I also notice how you worded the weakness where you miss "social cues" is an obvious sign that you read up on symptoms of certain conditions. Stop doing that and stop thinking of yourself in a clinical way. Let a doctor take care of that for you if you feel it's a concern. You're doing good buddy.
>>
>>36909216
Start a journal too. That shit is good for structuring your life if you take the time to analyze yourself and don't just write "today I did xyz I like <girl> I'm gonna go jack off to hentai bye".
>>
>>36910031

oh yes i see what you're saying. my response is that while one of the themes of this board is low self-esteem, not everybody here definitely has low self-esteem.

it is quite possible that someone here had low self-esteem, overcame it, and then stuck around for other reasons. good communal vibes or out of habit or some shit
>>
>>36910032

ok thanks, i appreciate it. yeah i do do that haha, doctor said i have some anxiety symptoms a while back. he recommended exercise and relaxation i think.
>>
I have no idea where to start and what kind of tools I could use to put my life back together. I'm pretty much starting from the bottom of the hole. Is it better to just see a therapist if I'm this fucked?
>>
>>36910123

haha ok thanks man, i guess keeping a journal will get me into the habit of writing too
>>
>>36910124
AND I WOULD SAY THOSE PEOPLE NEED TO LEEEEAAAAAAVE NORMANS OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT AROOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>36909216
fuck off with your millenial bullshit

fucking self discovery cocksuckers
>>
File: 1459529035871.jpg (11KB, 238x220px) Image search: [Google]
1459529035871.jpg
11KB, 238x220px
>>36910163
go see a therapist, he will fix your life
>>
>>36910124
i would bash your skull in with a hammer if i could
>>
>>36909971
Go for it dude. Your pros seem really inline with someone who is able to create an in-depth fantasy world with bonus comedy and interesting characters. Just be careful about having your writing published (if you decide to go that route) because I hear publishers are vicious.
>>
>>36910124
This is me. I came here when 16 or so as a beta with no confidence. I've moved on, done decently considering how much I've fucked around. Even though everyone tells people like me to fuck off
>>
>>36909350
F U C K O F F
U
C
K
O
F
F

NORMALSHIT
>>
>>36909216
I've tried this a couple times before but I can never think of anything positive to say about myself. I've only ever been able to point out my own flaws.
>>
>>36910917
the robot's amaranthine dilemma
>>
>>36909216

>emotionally intelligent

What is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>36910942
Look it up dipshit.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.