[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God fucking damn it all I want to do is get a music career and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1966.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1966.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
God fucking damn it all I want to do is get a music career and love to la

Fuck why did I have to be born out in the middle of nowhere
>>
>"get" a music career
fuck you, nbbody just "gets" a music career. put in the fucking work and make it happen you asshole
>>
Location does not matter faggot. You have access to internet use it.
>>
>>36906602
What the fuck are you talking about retard? Ive gotten dozens of music careers, they're hiring in demand as fuck
>>
>>36906602
I've been making it my whole life

What else do you want me to do it's hard when you live in a place with 2000 people.

In cities you can dj or something at least
>>
>tfw no high iq anon to make nigger beats for me to rap over
help i'm such a fucking brainlet
>>
>>36906970
I actually make trap beats and other types of black music

I'm op.
>>
>>36907012
*Make beat making videos
*How to compose videos
*Develop rappers/singers
*Piano videos
*Seek studio internships

Google "music business."
>>
>>36907012
we're next OP, you and me
>>
>>36907245
Yeah that makes you big

>>36907252
Fuck it I'm going to the city or something
>>
>>36906909
>just upload your music to the internet ;^)
Music is so saturated at this point that stuff being released by labels and getting distribution is relegated to obscurity. It's hard to send stuff to labels and get a release, and it's nearly impossible to start a career purely through the internet.
>>
>>36907392
This.

Even if you do put something good out it's going to get stolen before it gets you famous.

The guy who produced drill time got like 300 bucks for the beat but lex Luger went to the city and became a producer for multiple artists

Artists like young chop have been caught literally just stealing music off peoples sound cloud
>>
LA is a fucking terrible place to have to "come up" in any creative pursuit. It's much better to hone your craft in any place that's cheaper and less insane than it is here in LA and move here once you have a name for yourself.

Be glad you dont have to try to shine through the crowd of crazy, neurotic, self-centered "artists" also trying to make it here.
>>
File: 1437245882846.jpg (235KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437245882846.jpg
235KB, 500x500px
>trying to get paid to make music
>>
>le dream of being famous and living in LA
You know how i know you're 14? because you haven't killed that stupid pipe dream yet
>>
>>36907558
To be fair on OP he never said he wanted to be famous, just have a career.
>>
File: 1493691751438.jpg (42KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493691751438.jpg
42KB, 766x960px
>want to be a great music producer
>absolute shit at producing, even years into it
>know that even if I magically manage to git gud at producing, it'll be near-impossible to get noticed anyway

Why live?
>>
>>36908931
I had the same feels, but then I realized a lot of the people I liked were fairly old when they first released music. The guys from basic channel were in their late20s/early30s when their first record came out.
>>
>>36909077
Martin Garrix was 17 when he released animals.
>>
>>36909325
that fact brought me closer to suicide than I've been all day. thanks
>>
>>36909671
On the other hand he is hot as fuck and got noticed only because of that. All his songs are mediocre and sound the same.
>>
>>36909671
If you're making music for recognition you probably don't actually like music that much. I record my own stuff just to listen to it by myself, occasionally share it with friends or post it online if they say I should. Yeah, it sucks that talentless people get fame for it nowadays, but that's just a measure of how many normalfags like it. What's the fun in making something that's a crowd pleaser? You should make something because you like it.
>>
>>36910263
i don't know how to make anything and trying to learn new things frustrates me to tears
>>
>>36910284
Do you own any instruments or did you try to jump straight into electronic stuff?
>>
>>36910263
Music is the only thing I remotely have a passion for. I'm incapable of giving a fuck about much of anything.

I want to make beautiful music for its own sake, and of course be able to market it well enough that I could at least live comfortably while I do it.

But it's all irrelevant if I can't even make decent music.
>>
>>36910414
>Music is the only thing I remotely have a passion for. I'm incapable of giving a fuck about much of anything.
I know exactly what you mean man, nothing else brings me joy anymore, it's all just intermediary to the next time I can listen to/play music.

Anyway, a start is to make music that's decent to yourself. Do you play any physical instruments?

And hoping to live off of music pretty far fetched unless you sell out and just make something popular. (which even that is based more upon having connections and good fortune) Not saying it's impossible, but don't think that that making money is necessary to make playing music worthwhile.
>>
>>36910587
I play bass, yes. Not well but I play.

My biggest problem is I can't find the strength to work as much as I'd like at it because every time I try I'm hit with a wave of self-loathing depression and anxiety, forcing me to go running to some bullshit distraction.

I try to make music; I realize I'm terrible at it; I hate myself and run to bullshit; I can't work; I'm terrible at it.

It's a vicious cycle I've put up with for years, and it's not going to get any better.

The only thing I aspire to I'm terrible at and can't make a living with, and I have no other prospects. I'm most likely gonna end up a fucking McDonalds wagey if I don't kill myself first.
>>
>>36910737
Bass is good, I picked one up myself a few years back because I don't have the finger control to play chords.

Yeah, it can be tough to play sometimes with all the negative thoughts buzzing around in your head. Sometimes I push through by listening to a song I like, and trying to learn how to play phrases from it. Helps me focus and get back onto playing music.

Personally, I try not to think of how objectively good or bad I am. I'm myself. Think about it: are all of the musicians you listen to of equal skill? Probably some really aren't as good as others, but you still listen to them from time to time. Your own playing can be like that: different, but not necessarily better or worse. Well, that's just how I view it for myself.

I think a lot of us here feel like we have no prospects but low wage slavery. Not sure what else to say, it's not exactly something I have a great solution for. I just put in my time and try to enjoy what free time I have. It's not perfect but I don't see myself beating the system anytime soon. Maybe I could give private music lessons, but I'm pretty bad at working with kids, and not experienced enough to teach adults.
>>
>>36910821
It's hopeless and I'm on limited time. I might as well have cancer.

I guess I could start selling drugs.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.