[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/ when has the universe given you signs that you should just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

/r9k/ when has the universe given you signs that you should just end it all right now

>decide to try to stop being a piece of shit
>see if therapy will help
>go to therapist
>after a few sessions she says that she isn't sure she's the right fit for me, recommends me to another therapist
>go to that one
>go for a few months
>he eventually says he doesn't see how he can help me
>doesn't offer me a recommendation, basically just says "sorry anon i'm just not sure it would be worth your time and money to continue"
>find another therapist on my own
>start going to sessions
>he just told me he's at a loss for how to help me
>not dropping me as a patient but strongly recommends i shop around for someone who can "better help"
>>
>>36903342

What's your problem son
>>
>>36903504
depressive anxiety
no motivation
cognitive distortions manifesting in a basically unmovable defeatist attitude
no gf
>>
>>36903554

And when did it start
>>
>>36903554
If you have severe anxiety, don't go to a therapist, see a psychiatrist. They're trained to diagnose what's wrong with you, and prescribe treatments for it. Some of that is medication, some of that is prescribed therapy. A proper referral from a psychiatrist will include the diagnosis, so a competent therapist will be able to help, even if the psychiatrist doesn't offer therapy as treatment. Going to a therapist without a formal diagnosis from a psychiatrist is a total crapshoot. They just ask general questions about why you're there, and you can't always articulate it particularly well, and they base their conclusions solely on what you tell them, and it's nonsense.
>>
>>36903608
generally, the beginning of my adolescence
maybe 14ish
most of these things get progressively worse over time

are you tying to replicate the experience of going to one of my shitty therapists or something
>>
>>36903342
No one can help you, OP. You're just indulging yourself by seeking out "help" (which is really just disguised human interaction).

You know what you have to do, OP.
>>
therapy is for normies with non-problems
>>
>>36903729

No I'm actually going to recommend you commit crimes in order to feel better
>>
>>36903700
i don't want to take benzos. i have taken benzos before (friends of mine who just give me a xanax, etc.) and am 100% sure i will become addicted to benzos if i am prescribed them. they obviously work, but they are not a long term solution for a problem i encounter literally every day of my life

i asked the second guy if i should try a psychiatrist and he said "do you just want pills?" and i said no and he said "well, you shouldn't bother with that either."
>>
>>36903342
>be me schizoaffective
>in and out of therapy since 12
>have therapist
>"sorry I cant help you if you continue to do drugs"
>get sober
>get another therapist
>tell her I feel like want to get high
>"you need a higher level of care, would you like me to call an ambulance to take you to the hospital"
>leave immediately
>>
>>36903767
i don't have any real degree of antipathy against society in general or people individually. crime wouldn't make me feel better, it would just make me a criminal who is also depressive and useless.

my problems are entirely self-induced so lashing out externally would be counterproductive

>>36903731
>You're just indulging yourself by seeking out "help"
yeah i know this, but why would i do anything else
literally everything anyone does in life is self-indulgence, it's just usually masked as something else.

besides i'm not gonna kill myself until my parents are dead at least. they still believe i am a success and they did nothing to deserve the shame of their child an heroing.
>>
>>36903773
I've been to both. They will either prescribe medication OR therapy. If they don't believe that your brain chemistry is fucked, they won't prescribe something. The important thing to get is the DIAGNOSIS. You can't fix a problem if you aren't sure what it is.
>>
>>36903848
>it would just make me a criminal who is also depressive and useless.

You just described most criminals, maybe you should try cocaine
>>
>>36903848
Have you considered religion? This world is damned, the end times are here, we're in the middle of it right now. I'd say that anyone who isn't feeling at least a degree of what you're feeling, is blind and ignorant, wilfully or otherwise.

When I say religion I'm not telling you to go to church or anything like that. Churches are full of people and people don't get it, do they? I'm not telling you that if you pray to Jesus or whatever that everything's going to be better, or that you're going to get some kind of nice afterlife. I don't even believe in an afterlife. A lot of that shit has been vastly misunderstood, people like I said in general don't get it.

You're a person to whom nobody seems to have any kind of answer. That's something I feel I understand, because I've been through and am going through something like that myself.

I think the answer's inside you. Nothing in this corrupt, dying world can really help you. The kingdom of heaven is within you, yeah?

I know that's a whole load of nothing but I really have no fucking idea what I'm doing myself.
>>
>>36904035
temporary solution, just like benzos
props for actually offering suggestions though

>>36903919
well, i don't want medication, so if they offer a prescription of "therapy" then i'm back at square one anyway.

even if my brain chemistry is "fucked," i do not want to handle that by developing a benzo addiction.

i also dunno whether my insurance would cover that, i'm kind of running out of available cash for it anyway.

>>36904671
not religious, never have been, cannot convince myself to become religious. i've tried.
i think i'm too autistic to logic my way into genuine belief in a higher spiritual power

i also fail to see how anything you have said resembles "religion" if you reject the idea of organized worship and basically say "the truth is within you, just think about it and you'll achieve enlightenment"

there are about 1000 reasons why i am currently not meditating with monks in the mountains of tibet right now and i feel like i probably don't need to explain all of them for you to get what i mean
>>
>>36905223
you don't get it either anon. i thought you might get it but i keep thinking this about people and i keep being wrong about it.

maybe i really am some kind of Incarnation
>>
>>36905223
>I also fail to see

Oh yeah and I don't like that snarky attitude. What gives you the right to talk like that to me, who out of the kindness of my heart made an honest effort to offer some kind of help - help that I rarely feel moved enough to give - and what do I get in return? "Oh I fail to see how..." Attitude.

Your kind, you human beings, how abundantly clear you keep making it that I am NOT ONE OF YOU and yet I keep trying and trying to reach out... I have to be stupid in some way to continue to attempt this.
>>
>>36903504
hi uprising can u notice me or respond to me thanks, i read every post u made in r9k and u inspire me a lot

can u post ur other forum account names in other forums so i can read those too, thanks, i value your opinion highly

t. 26 kv neet istp broken robot who's main goal in life is to be a stripper or prostitute for gay men most likely
>>
>>36905300
>>36905412
my problems are many but do not include delusions in which i am a god
sorry if you got the wrong impression there pal

if you are upset at my "attitude" consider giving less terrible advice
"the kingdom of heaven is within you" is not only non-actionable, it's also insane
>>
>>36905659
>>36905659

>"a god"
once again you demonstrate zero fucking understanding of ANY meaningful concept

You deserve your misery. It's all your own fault.

Terrible advice? Be fucking grateful anybody even tried to help you, you deserve none of it. You're an awful person and you know it. That's why none of those therapists will help you. You're unfixable. you know that you are.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.