[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a warehouse job like? What are the shit/good jobs when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: reviewbrah.jpg (5KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
5KB, 194x259px
What is a warehouse job like?

What are the shit/good jobs when working in a warehouse?

What do you do?
Is it good for robots?
>>
Work in an Amazon one. Best jobs around the warehouse are the ones where you're both busy but at the same time can tune out and just think about stuff, because those ones make the day go by faster.

I do "picking" which is basically glorified grocery shopping. I go around with some totes on a trolley/cage and collect the items that the screen on the scanner tells me to. Easiest thing in the warehouse to do, but drives normies crazy. Thankfully I'm very patient and this job is all I have and as noted above most of the time I just like to tune out and be alone in my thoughts. In that regard, I'd say it's good for robots. Have gone days at a time without speaking to anyone there, outside of passing smiles and hello's and what not.
>>
File: 4 am starter pack.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4 am starter pack.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
I used to have a warehouse job. I had to
>walk around and clean up whatever messes I found
>help the boss man load pallets with product and he'd cart them off
>occasionally help a customer load product into their truck
>ride with the other workers down to construction sites to offload drywall
There wasn't a lot of social interaction involved, which was great, but the labor is backbreaking. I was lucky to be let off (it was a temp position I got through an agency) because I felt like my back was about to snap after three days of work.
If you're not already in shape it will destroy you.
>>
>>36902189
>>36902206
how was the pay? I am 19, will they hire me?
>>
>>36902243
I got paid $11/hr, which is killer money considering you could easily get a job flipping burgers for 4 dollars less. If you're willing to work and you find a place that's hiring, chances are they'll hire you.
Just be prepared for grueling labor. I went to bed sore and woke up even more sore.
>>
>>36902094
Robots collect NEETbux you are a failed cyborg at best
>>
>>36902094
Join the military you faggot ass fuck boi
>>
Warehouse jobs are fucking God tier blue collar jobs. I would honestly do it for the rest of my life.
>No direct customer service
>Only like 5 people to work with (depending)
>Get to sleep on pallets when caught up with work
>Get to be obnoxious
>>
And yeah, as long as you're ready to work, they'll take you on. No requirements, no qualifications, no background checks, just have a valid passport and secondary form of ID and you're good. I was 19 when I joined on a couple years ago as well.
>>
>>36902477
meant for >>36902243
was trying to post my wages but just realised you can't post currency symbols or whatever

275 GBP p/week (356 USD)
>>
File: 1476929622538.gif (39KB, 471x700px)
1476929622538.gif
39KB, 471x700px
>>36902288
>>36902464
>>36902517
Do these jobs include just taking orders from a computer and moving boxes? what exactly do you do?
>>
i had one when i was 18 and it was shit. hard labour, boring, repetitive.
i'm 20 now and i'll be going back there soon
>>
>>36902094
>drag pallet here
>drag pallet there
Basically just that
Pretty comfy
>>
>>36902667
drag it like with your body? or with a forklift?
>>
I work for a wholesaler for construction material. I worked in the warehouse for a couple of years, and then moved into a sales postion. I started at $12 an hour and five years later I made a little over $100k. It's fucking amazing.
>>
Anyone have videos of what it's like working in a warehouse?
>>
>>36902595
My position involved cleaning the grounds and occasionally loading up product onto pallets/into someone's truck, and riding down to construction sites to drop off drywall. I spent the majority of the time listening to music and strolling across the warehouse looking for stuff to sweep or throw away.
>>
>>36902677

Probably meant with a pallet jack.
>>
>>36902094
Warehouse jobs can be fucking SICK, at least where I live, if you get a lot of overtime or night/weekend shifts. Talking like $25/h sick.
>>
>>36902595
Yeah, picking for Amazon is like that. Gun tells you which bin to go to, you go there, scan the bin, gun tells you the item, scan the item, off to the next bin, rinse repeat. Where the computer goes, you go. And if you fuck up, the computer notices and will tell you to correct it so rarely do you receive an error on your feedback.

More often than not though you'll likely be ping-ponged around different departments when there's a shortage of work for your main department. Things get more varied at that point, some requiring more intuition than others. But at the same time, every single aspect of the job is trained, so they never just throw you out into the dark to fend for yourself doing whatever errand. Someone is and always will be there to help you.

If I'm making it sound awful or degrading, it really isn't. For people with no standards or self-esteem, you couldn't ask for a better job, especially if you don't have much in the way of marketable skills.
>>
>>36902700
Not the guy you're replying too, but what exactly is your position called? Where did you work , if you can disclose that.

I'd say I'm not physically unfit but I'm not huge either. Kind of ottermode , would that be a problem?
>>
I work in a warehouse. It's my friends family's company so it's just them and us two employees. We sell exotic wood that comes from Indonesia to homeowners and contractors..

Pros:

>Easy and stress free
>Eat, break, use my phone ect whenever I want. General freedom.
>Friends with the family I work for. We get along and they don't treat me like shit.

Neutral:

>Pay. 20$/hr. Not bad but pretty shit for Canada and someone my age

Cons:

>A decent amount of heavy lifting. I don't mind it most of the time but sometimes it sucks
>Only two coworkers in the back. Ones a old moron with a hernia, Other is literally an autistic dogfuck. Both can be insufferable to be around and I do 90% of everything
>Kind of humiliating doing this job at 24 years old but I am saving to go back to school this fall.
>Pretty mindless and repetitive and induces depression doing this 40 hours a week.
>>
It's the simplicity of retail work minus having to deal with shithead customers. As a directionless, anti-social loser, it's probably the only job I can see myself doing that isn't retail or fastfood.

The one major downside, at least with every warehouse I've worked in, is that your hours are determined by the workload. Your shift doesn't end until every order for that workday is picked, which means you could end up working 10+ hour days, especially during the busier seasons. It's great for overtime pay, but it gets tiring when you come home and realize you have fuckall for free time. On the flipside, it could also mean having shorter shifts during the less busy seasons. It all depends on the warehouse and how well they've got their shit/staffing together.

>>36902243
At least slightly above minimum wage, typically.

My current job pays $13/hr. I used to work in one warehouse that paid $20/hr, but our regular shifts were 14-16 hours long and that shit was driving me crazy so I had to leave after only a couple months.
>>
>>36902802
I just marked it down as "General laborer" or something along those lines. I'd rather not post where I worked, you understand, but it was your typical materials company that supplied construction companies.
If your back/legs/arms aren't prepared for constant heavy lifting you will notice problems.
>>
>>36902827
To add to this, What I actually do all day is drive a forklift, pull orders, organize all the lumber in the warehouse and one in a while help out customers looking for something specific.
>>
Only downside is if there's a woman in the office.
>>
I did something like this for Bobcat.

>Have scanner gun
>Scan bar code located in giant shelf
>Scanner gun tells me put 2 of these metal pieces here.
>Put it giant metal cart
>Do it again.
>And again
>And again

It was sometimes fast paced.
Boss was a total cunt.
Supervisor was a total cunt
African African co-workers didn't speak english much. I assumed they were retarded.

For awhile it was okay but, then it had me contemplating suicide.
I got fired for being late 1 too many times.
Did this for nite shift too for 14.50 an hour.
Lots of little factors made me hate it.
I want to fucking die.
>>
>>36902189
not op i heard they dont have employee storage at these places, where do you put your phone and shit? i know they dont let you bring it to the floor. i don't have my license so i cant leave it in a car and i take the bus so i kind of need it
>>
>>36903175
Some will let you have your phone on you
>>
>>36902094
warehouse jobs are good if you're autistic since you don't have to talk to anyone
>>
>>36903530
any idea on amazon specifically? I applied for one of their sweatshops and they offer me positions but I'm worried I'll get stranded
>>
>>36904221
No idea, bud. Most warehouses sound like they won't really care as long as you're working
>>
>>36902845
>At least slightly above minimum wage, typically.
>>36902189
>>36902243
I work at Amazon Fulfillment in the USA, for a year and some change now. They pay me $13.15 per hour but they'd pay you an extra dollar on top of that to work overnights, which I imagine is ideal for some robot lifestyles.
>>
>>36902094
there are very few body destroying jobs than a warehouse job.

even the white collar versions like amazon will shred your carpal tunnel.

keep in mind, you are basically disabling your mind and draining your body power at all times..
>>
op here, Are there any warehouse Amazon jobs in Atlanta? preferably north. I dont know where to look.
>>
>its backbreaking
>it will destroy you
>you can only do it for a year

im on my third year and after the first one it was totally manageable
>>
>>36902189
I nearly had that job. Interviewed, apparently everything was in the clear--I would go around in the wholesale shop, collect alcoholic beverages as per orders, and deliver them to restaurants and clubs. Had perfect driving record, no trouble with the law, etc., but they never hired me for whatever reason. Pissed me off. Perfect job for me and they just ruined it.
>>
File: exmilitary.jpg (116KB, 600x600px)
exmilitary.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
OP here, does this look legit?
https://jobs.integritystaffing.com/job/Atlanta-Warehouse-Jobs-Atlanta-GA-GA-30291/12393/

I don't need a lifetime career, to be honest a few months is ideal for me. This is a job at Amazon, correct? Let me know if this doesn't seem legit.
>>
>>36902094
My warehouse job is pretty comfy. I prepare shipments and enter data at my work station. I work full time, 10 hour shifts per day, only 4 days per week, for 12/hour. The company I work for auctions antiques so it's always neat seeing the different kinds of shit that I have to pack. Some days things are slow so I have a lot of paid downtime to fuck around and shitpost on 4chan, though every day the final hour of my shift is free anyways. I live with my parents so my wage is enough to support myself for what I need and want, and usually during my off days I make a little extra spending money helping family members or family friends (used to work part time at Subway two days a week, but I quit because of shit management there). I'd say warehouses, at least like the one I work at, are perfect robot jobs since you don't have to talk to people. However, I'm hoping to save enough money to go back to college to study computer science, which shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>36905979
OP that job looks pretty legit. If you are a good employee it looks like they will hire you directly to Amazon, which probably means better pay better work area, etc.
>>
>>36902094
Unless you're really strong it's difficult. From what I've seen at Best Buy they expect you to haul out appliances and 65" TV's to help get it into customer's cars. Plus loading and unloading boxes and pulling carts are annoying.
>>
>>36905979
>third party company owned by amazon
i dunno about that one, op
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.