[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon, even though you're a "part time" employee,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: images (9).jpg (5KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
5KB, 266x189px
Anon, even though you're a "part time" employee, we will need you to work full time hours and most likely overtime. You'll also be getting no benefits and no time and a half
>>
You don't 'need' all of those things. You can pay me what I'm worth or find someone else who'll do it. If I'm replaceable, so be it. So's this job.
>>
"fuck off"

It's easy enough to find a part time job by copy-pasting your resume to 1000 indeed ads and I've worked for like 6 companies so I dont need you on my resume

I actually go on a job search the first week of every month, applying for jobs just in case so I cant feel taken advantage of
>>
>not working your ass off
>To the point you do the work of 3 people
>Take an unexpected day off for them to realize they need you
>They tell you they had to call in 2 people to cover for you
>Threaten to quit if you don't get a raise or promotion

I've been promoted 3 times and 5 raises with this method.
>>
If you're worth half a shit you can walk out of this situation on top
>>
>>36901106
>No

This comment is entirely original and in no way a duplication. Suggesting such a thing will result in litigation.
>>
Holy fuck, I'm not alone!

"Part-time employee" here, working 11-hour night shifts, usually 7 days a week, 6 if I'm lucky. Two fiddy/hour.
I've seen a couple job offers on the internet, I'll go check 'em out in the morning IF I manage to not fall asleep after tonight's shift.
Fuck this gay earth man, college didn't prepare me for this. Our parents had it easier ffs...
>>
>>36903013

An example of finding a job, interviewing, and expectations for a starting employee in 1949.

https://archive.org/details/HowtoKee1949
>>
>>36901106
Every job that's ever tried to pull this on me, I come back almost immediately with a written two week notice.

They'll almost always grovel and give in and apologize, or I just leave in a couple of weeks. I'm horribly irresponsible and easily offended, and don't have any real bills or responsibilities, so they don't really have any power over me.
>>
>>36901446
>not working your ass off

I had kind of the same situation, except in my case the managers knew how valuable I was. When I announced my retirement, they were extremely worried about how the department would function without me. When I retired, I was replaced by two people.

My managers would tell me over and over again how much they liked my work, but I never got a huge pay increase because company policy capped the salaries, and there was nothing the managers could do about it. I didn't care that I was being underpaid because I already had enough money to last the rest of my life (hence why I retired young).
>>
>>36903052
why are you showing me this?
>>
>>36903013
$2.50/hr? What?
>>
>>36903354
2.50 original euros.
>>
>>36903402
3.73 CAD $ / hr. What? I make $20 CAD and I am broke as shit. How do you live off that?
>>
>>36901106
I worked 2 11 hour shifts last week and 48 hours total without overtime
salary is not better than part time work my man
>>
>>36901492
>worth anything
>part time employee
>has a manager who decides his schedule

you might as well be evaluating whether a fat, single mom in her 40s is capable of being a model.
>>
>>36903013
did your parents have computers growing up?
>>
>>36901368
>have been doing the exact same job for 5 years at 4 different places
>every time i go to an interview say im leaving because of low salary
>went from 15/hr to 18, to 25, to 32
>know at least when i was at my first company that people there were getting like 2/hr raises every year in similar positions.
>even easier time now because they only go into production like a few months every year or two
>>
That is what my job does, they put me like 1 hour under what "full time" hours would be so I get zero benefits. Gonna be hilarious in a bout a month when I walk out on them.
>>
>>36903447
I sleep on a mattress on the floor in my brother's tiny studio, which our dad pays for.

>>36903463
I worked 77 hours last week...

>>36903513
No.
>>
>>36903688
i sleep in a storage closet at work, and work 140 hours every week. faggot.
>>
>>36903908
yeah and I cuck chads every day
>>
>>36901106
Literally my life as a 1099c employee in California.

I'M REALLY SAD AND TIRED OF LIFE AND I SEE NO HOPE ANYWHERE AND NO ONE CARES ANYWAY BUT I DON'T THINK I WANT TO GO ON LIVING
>>
>>36903928
>i cuck
agreed.
>>
>>36901106
Trick question: i call the Better Business Bureau, keep my job, get a raise, and can't be fired unless they give a written reason and can prove that reason beyond a doubt in a court of law.
>>
>>36901106
Well, that's not what's in my contract so I'll see you in a tribunal, sir.
>>
File: fuck kike bosses.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
fuck kike bosses.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
>>36901106
Jokes on you bro, I never worked a day in my life and started my own business last week
>>
File: 1493394781536.png (143KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
1493394781536.png
143KB, 600x390px
>>36901106
> Work at chain supermarket
> Wanted to night stocker
> Explained that I worked three months at another supermarket, but recruiter still started me at $8/hour
> Wasn't the store I wanted, so I had no idea where everything was
> One day of hands-on training, that was it
> Was told one of the other night stockers was injured, so everyone was working to cover it
> 40 hour work week
> Employer told me to come in an hour later so the breaks were combined into one 30-minute paid break with no other breaks
> Could listen to music and be alone, felt like it was the comfy job I could do well at and get /fit/ at
> Seemed like good money at the time as I had gotten out of college and didn't have a lot of work experience
> Had this grand plan that this could serve as a base because I wanted to work in their food manufacturing plants
> Find out you had ridiculously fast for 8 hours straight and everyone else already had long figured out the store layout and where everything was because the computer training didn't tell you shit
> No extra time to work, the system doesn't let you clock in
> Still expected to help customers
> One day bleach spilled on my uniform, they didn't even want to help replace the black pants, which were mine
> Papercuts all the time from opening boxes, which the bleach irritated
> Put up with whole ordeal for a few weeks anyway
> Find out that the injured guy is back on the job and my hours are gone
> Get laid off within three weeks
> Find out later the produce department had taken a liking to me and wanted me to interview there but they got me out of the company

Still makes me bitter when I think about it.
>>
File: 1490388172758.jpg (27KB, 486x486px) Image search: [Google]
1490388172758.jpg
27KB, 486x486px
>>36905263
And you know what the worst part of it was? It was supposed to be a good anchor to my resume, instead I only worked there less than a month.
>>
File: 1491049441582.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491049441582.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
>>36901106
>Forced Overtime
>No Time and a half
Time to go to HR
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.