[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever think that maybe if you did cave in and make a facebook....you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1453434876053.gif (539KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1453434876053.gif
539KB, 500x358px
Ever think that maybe if you did cave in and make a facebook....you might find a girl into a hobby you're into...

Pffft....facebooK? I d-don't need that, never made one....but I wish I did. Maybe I wouldn't die alone. It's too late now. I'm 26 years old, and I only go outside to get groceries and go to work.

I just want a girl who's into anime, or foreign films, or classic books.
>>
I had a facebook account for 3 years and never made a friend on it. Just a depressing waste of time. Deleted it 2 years ago and feel better for it.
>>
but you need friends or family to use FB.
>He has all of the above, claims to be a bot
>>
facebook isn't for making new friends, anon

it's for keeping tabs on the friends you have already made

it is patently creepy to try to befriend people you have never met via facebook. this is what horny indian men do. you're better than that.
>>
>>36884471
this
you're not going to find girls on facebook, don't bother
>>
the window for messaging girls on Facebook closed like 8 years ago.

i remember i tried messaging random girls on there and i would get brutally shut down.
i think that's when i realized that social media wasn't really about forming connections, it's more like just a soapbox for people to voice statements and opinions in some controlled space.
>>
>>36884471
>facebook isn't for making new friends, anon
>it's for keeping tabs on the friends you have already made

exactly
>>
>>36884471
I came into this thread to ask that exact question, if people actually made friends via FB. I suppose not, it always felt weird to me too.

How the flying fug do normal people make friends, then?
>inb4 mutuals, with other friends, etc.
I know paranormans who move to cities where they know absolutely nobody, and develop a solid friendgroup.

Isn't it awkward to randomly ask co-workers to hang out, how do you find social events knowing nobody, etc.?
>>
>>36884583
>i think that's when i realized that social media wasn't really about forming connections,

some social media is, facebook isnt
>>
>>36884611
yeah i think i meant Facebook, although i never made a friend on Myspace either.
i don't know what social media is good for forming connections, I question whether i can even form connections anymore.
>>
>>36884606

join a church, work a job where you are expected to make friends and do things with coworkers (wait tables part time etc..) join clubs, play sports, go outside

shit like that
>>
>>36884606
Interest groups
I moved to a new town and joined a LARP club. Most the friends I have now are from it.
Go to where people you might like hang out.
>>
>>36884640
>i don't know what social media is good for forming connections,

linkedin

twitter if you follow local groups like community service organisations
>>
>>36884648
i do all that shit but it doesn't work because i physically avoid people when they come close, don't stay in one place too long and am listening to earphones 24/7.

interesting blanket advice though.
>>
>>36884670
eh, doesn't matter what you say actually, still have no clue where to start.
>>
>>36884471
I was about to write a post with this exact wording, down to "keeping tabs on the friends you have already made".
>>
>>36884678
>i do all that shit but it doesn't work because i physically avoid people when they come close

then what would you expect to work if you listen to earphones, move away from people when they come close to you and put no effort into socializing?

>I keep having trouble meeting people because I am basically telling everyone to fuck off 24/7
>wat do

this is you
>>
I don't have any hobbbies
>>
>>36884748
Then get hobbies. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>36884723
>this is you
and yeah I have a problem that i need help with. do you think i want to avoid everyone and be alone 24/7?
if i knew what my problem was I would try to fix it, they just tried to put me on Zoloft but i don't want to take drugs.
>>
>>36884413
All having a facebook did was give me fap material that made me feel guilty and lower my self esteem

>>36884755
I'm not interested in anything I try
>>
>>36884759
>if i knew what my problem was I would try to fix it,

Your problem is you move away when people come close to you and use earphones 24/7 and put no effort into being social
>>
this >>36884471
Doing anything besides contacting people you already know on facebook is "creepy", just like it is outside the internet.

A grown man trying to make friends comes off as desperate, as though he is a pervert or an evil person up to something. No one wants anything to do with him. The fact he is an outsider keeps him an outsider in a catch 22.
>>
>>36884778
i don't know how to fix that problem, i've been doing it since i was a little kid. i'm afraid of people.

i don't know why i keep responding to you, you aren't going to empathize.
>>
>>36884812
>i don't know how to fix that problem, i've been doing it since i was a little kid. i'm afraid of people.

Stop moving away from people when they come close to you and don't wear earphones in public
>>
>>36884827
i can't stop moving away from bums and drunks and i need my earphones for my bus commute.
so both of those things can't stop happening.
>>
>>36884853
You said you were a member of a church and join groups and play on local sports teams, those are the people you should allow to get close
>>
>>36884899
yeah, i'm doing to die alone and everything is my fault and nothing i can do will change that.
>>
>>36884921
>yeah, i'm doing to die alone and everything is my fault and nothing i can do will change that.
wat
>>
>>36884927
i can't follow any advice that's given to me, i'm just too callous and cold, i'm going to die alone, i have dreams about it and i had visions of it when i was younger.

i'm fucked up beyond repair, that's why i'm on this board.
>>
https://youarenotsosmart.com/2013/05/23/survivorship-bias/

I know it's useful, but being someone who could have been a victim of the nazi holocaust, it creeps me out too much.
>>
>>36884471

Yeah facebook is for humble bragging and gossip.
>>
>>36884950
>i can't follow any advice that's given to me, i'm just too callous and cold,
that sucks, then why bother asking for advise
>>
>>36884993
in hopes that the person will have empathy and offer to be my friend because that's the only ice breaker i can come up with.
>>
>>36885014
>in hopes that the person will have empathy and offer to be my friend because that's the only ice breaker i can come up with.
You should find forums local to you and do this then

4chan is to spread out to get lucky and find someone near you who wants to be friends

or at least post on /soc/ in threads about your state or part of the country
>>
>>36885037
i won't be following that advice, but it makes sense.

god's speed.
>>
>>36885054

how hard is it to post on /soc/?
>>
>>36884471
Thanks, was going to say that.
OP, you're going to have to do way more than jus t that, and no one likes a street shitter.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.