[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general I GOT A FUCKING FUCKING C FUCKING MINUS IN MY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 15

File: 1449892501800.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1449892501800.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
/uni/ general

I GOT A FUCKING FUCKING C FUCKING MINUS IN MY FUCKING CLASS

I NEEDED A FUCKING C TO PASS AND THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK GAVE ME A MOTERHFUCKING C FUCKING MINUS

NOW I HAVE TO RETAKE THIS SHITTY FUCKING FUCKING CLASS A FUCKING GAIN AND IT FUCKS UP MY ENTIRE FUCKING GRADUATION PLAN

FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
I was raped by my boyfriend robot brother and it was the best sex I had. Now I'm question everything.
>>
>>36881573
you were that close with your credits that one class affects your graduation date?

thats what you get for being a lazy shit i guess, unless you were trying to graduate early
>>
>>36881573
Ask for more marks
>>
File: 1493327126710.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493327126710.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36881573
>tfw about to graduate with a 3.99 GPA, lowest grade ever was an A-
>>
>>36881573
>bad grades in uni
lmao nice

just get a job.
>>
Should've studied instead of posting /uni/ gens on /r9k/ worrying about your grades

>>36881674
Sunken cost fallacy is very real for unis. OP is probably going to have to do another semester which is even more money
>>
>>36881662
tell me ur secret
im goin for a 4.0 too
>>
>>36881705
i would never repeat a class if i figured i was wasting my time. nobody gives a shit if you graduate anymore except in heavily regulated positions, which aren't for you anyway if you suck ass in uni.
>>
>>36881639
no, it's just that the class is a prerequisite for all the upper level classes in my major so i have to push everything back a semester to take this again

>>36881652
i deadass just emailed and did. i never usually do that shit but fuck me. i got a 0 on the last project for some reason which is what fucked me. i tried on that fucker i really did
>>
File: 1482084638980.jpg (222KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1482084638980.jpg
222KB, 494x494px
>final grade: 79.47

REEEEE
>>
>>36881742
Unless you're
- a product of nepotism
- a genius entrepreneur
- content with working a shitty job or tradememe
You're going to need at least some form of higher education
>>
File: 1491059162778.jpg (16KB, 236x248px) Image search: [Google]
1491059162778.jpg
16KB, 236x248px
>>36881718
Get on really good terms with your professors. The "professors slip good grades to good students" meme isn't just a meme

>be me, taking online cyber security course last fall
>get A's on all exams and assignments
>meet with professor often despite class being online
>part of the class grade consists of attending online lectures
>go to every lecture, have highest attendance of all students
>final assignment involves a video presentation component
>forget to turn it in by the deadline, was the first assignment I ever forgot, and it's worth a good portion of my grade
>professor says it's fine and they'd give me full credit for partial work since I was the best student
>get A in course despite just BSing my way through the entire course
>mfw
>>
File: 12777ce2e6308d6ece8bf1320a….jpg (59KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
12777ce2e6308d6ece8bf1320a….jpg
59KB, 680x680px
>Get 91 in class
>Uni is on letter grade and +/- system
>Professor doesn't have + and - on his system
>92-100 is an A and 82-91 is a flat B
>Other class is a solid A
>Professor hates our section and gives a blanket 0 for the participation grade in class worth 10%
>Get B
>Last meme class is run by a POO
>95/100 points equals an 84 on the exam somehow
Fuck this stupid fucking meme. The day I have to pay a dime for this autism is the day I stop attending college.
>>
>>36881857
literally everybody starts out in a shitty job.

don't bullshit me dude, there is no difference between a guy who graduated high school and a guy who has a bachelors in terms of how competent he is for a job. college helps you figure out what career you want to pursue, sure, and you can meet people a little easier who might help you. perfectly fine to use college resources and not go to class though. i'm specifically talking about wasting your time ten steps behind other kids academically and not getting any other experience that you could get to compete for the same jobs. if you're a great student then you are probably going to make it either way.
>>
>>36882032
I misunderstood what you said but now I see your point. Yes if you're wasting your time in college (either because you're dumb, lazy, or just there because you have nothing better to do) you really need to evaluate yourself and if you should continue wasting your time, money, and youth there
>>
File: 1487034481582.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487034481582.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
>>36881573
Last essay of the semester, need to read through and summarize 8 papers and make an argument on which essay was the best based on what we learned in class.

These papers are 15-20 pages long of dense topography papers on paleoelevation.
I didnt understand much from class
I was the only undergrad in my class of graduates
stuck with the class because it wasnt so bad up until the end
paper due tomorrow night
three essays summarized kind of poorly already, five more to go
I feel like I did well on my other parts of the class but this paper is 20% of my grade
Roommate finished all his finals today
"Oh I am so happy I am finally free!"
I'm sitting at my laptop just wanting to tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>36881600
He probably still loves you.
Did he knife you?
>>
>>36882156
>pushes off a gigantic as fuck assignment to the last 24 hours
>gets mad at person who's done
>posting on /r9k/
>>
>>36882206
I didnt push it off, I have been trying to read through these articles all week along with papers I have to write for every other class. This is all I have left and its hard as fuck to cram the main points of these articles into a coherent essay.
>>
File: autistic screeching.png (47KB, 1860x1962px) Image search: [Google]
autistic screeching.png
47KB, 1860x1962px
>essay due next week
>really don't want to do it
>worth 20% of grade

fuck
>>
File: 1491109676741.png (208KB, 291x384px) Image search: [Google]
1491109676741.png
208KB, 291x384px
>>36881573
How do I get over essay anxiety? When I turn in a paper I get really really nervous (like panic attack) if someone might see it and start reading and I can't look at the paper at all when the teacher gives it back because I don't want to see their marks. One time a prof was going to read parts from my paper to the class and I just fucking walked out. I have to rewrite an essay using the teacher's criticisms which I haven't read and write another one by tomorrow and I can't fucking deal with it
>>
>software engineering class
>participate for part of the documentation part
>just stop going for a month+
>group members are in other class so its somewhat okay
>do no group work other than beginning part of semester
>its now the end and the final project presentation is tommarow
>i tried to particiapte but another group member just did it for me and faster
>now I am here with 0 coding participation and alittle bit of documentation participation
>im freaking the fuck out and my group members are not responding

How fucked am I?
What are the chances that my group members will give me a bad evaluation on the group members evaluation?

I can't even sit still
I going crazy
How did i let this happen
I'm so fucking dumb
>>
>>36883111
As someone who has a working understanding of normies you should be fine so long as you have the ability to evaluate them as well I think. The fear of having someone give you a bad grade makes most normies auto 100 all their teammates. You said your group members were in another class as well, so if you talked to them at all you should be fine regardless of how much you put in especially if you showed interest in helping despite not being much of a help. Don't worry about it too much anon. Of course results with different normie archetypes may vary, you are in good shape in most circumstances.
>>
>>36883373
I hope so
I just hope I didn't annoy my group mates by asking whats going on and asking for work last minute
>>
>>36883415
How often were you in contact with them while you were skipping class?
>>
>>36883111
You are fucked. They probably already talked to the professor about you not doing shit. It's a bad sign if they aren't even responding to you.
>>
>>36883480
at least once a week
there are 3 other members
i saw 1 i saw once a week
the other 2 i saw at least once a week but usually twice
>>
>>36883670
Don't listen to >>36883550 unless they haven't responded in a really long time. No response in 24-48 hours and you might have problems, but just because normies aren't texting you back at 2am doesn't mean they are going nuclear on you. If you had contract this regular with them I would be shocked if they wasted the mental energy to spite you. Just don't be panicky or clingy with them anymore than you might already have and they will not care about you enough to impact you grade from the standard 100 that they all give each other.
>>
>Thesis Proposal due in two weeks
>4000 words
>Planned to start and power through it this weekend
>Research supervisor wants me to email my draft to him by tonight so he can check my progress

oh fug
>>
>>36882156
What class and what is your major?
>>
>>36883723
i hope so
thanks for the advice
>>
>>36883723
Just to elaborate: it is odd if no one has responded via text in 24-48 hours. Email people tend to forget even more, especially if they are retarded normies who have a cluttered inbox of 1000 promotional offers and other spam. From the info you have given you don't have anything to worry about. There isn't anything you could do that would make your situation any better at this point, but there is plenty you could do to make it worse if you go out of your way to pester the wildlife.
>>
File: 1487576480634.png (396KB, 870x732px) Image search: [Google]
1487576480634.png
396KB, 870x732px
>take some upper level english class
>for english majors only
>not an english major
>registrar never checks and profs never care
>big lecture hall
>show up irregularly for the whole semester
>entire grade is based on a term paper
>raise my hand and make bullshit comments a few times
>prof seems to be on board
>write a 20 page paper for this class two days before its due
>assuming i'll get a C or something, i did the work but... yeah

>get email today
>effusive praise from the professor
>thanks me for my "insightful contributions in class"
>calls my writing "brilliant"
>"Your essay would not appear out of place in most major literary journals."

>mfw i just pointlessly aced a meaningless class
this isn't even a good feel
it just feels absurd
>>
>>36881573
>Graduate on Saturday
>Have one last final
>Take home project
>Super simple
>Spend all weekend procrastinating

It's so fucking hard when you are almost done. I don't want to be in school anymore. I'm depressed and it's causing me to slip on eating, socializing, and staying healthy.

I just want to ride my bike and be free.
>>
File: 1491112110361.png (75KB, 246x239px) Image search: [Google]
1491112110361.png
75KB, 246x239px
>>36882468
please it's 3 am here
>>
>>36883799
Welcome to college, except I knew things would be fucking insane and retarded when I was coming in. Its literally highschool 2.0 except people are under the delusion their 40k is being well spent.
>>
>>36882468
You just kinda have to accept that your writing is not perfect and that there are ways that you need to prove and all the professors are trying to do is to help you become better. However you get to that mindset is kinda up to you and unfortunately there is no "anxiety ON/OFF" switch in your brain because that would be real fuckin convenient. Maybe do some breathing before looking at the comments to help you relax.
>>
File: Paul Heyman closeup.jpg (126KB, 915x905px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Heyman closeup.jpg
126KB, 915x905px
>graduating next semester
>realize I actually have to get a job and can't use school as an excuse to be stagnant anymore
>>
>>36883799
I hate this. They were being lazy and probably barely did anything actual grading. It's destroying universities.

I would rather take a C and watch slackers fail than get an A for mediocre work. You were robbed of an education, anon
>>
File: wojakgoodbye.jpg (14KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
wojakgoodbye.jpg
14KB, 385x387px
>>36883799

>mom took an entry level philosophy course
>She wrote a paper her professor wanted to publish
>tfw my dream is to write something publish worthy in philosophy

I know, I know. Philosophy is a meme. But I enjoy it.
>>
>>36883875
It terrifies me. I've been using it as a crutch for so long. I don't know what I'll do when I have to confront reality. Will I finally leave this place?
>>
>>36883902
Why are you upset about your mother's accomplishment?

Go do it yourself. If she can then so can you.
>>
>>36883860
i know, i've been in college a while now

it's fucking insane though. i'm at a school that routinely gets ranked as one of the "most rigorous" in the nation by some bullshit assessment group or another and nothing is hard.
i literally started overloading on classes after my first semester of freshman year because i was bored
i have yet to receive a grade below a B+

what really drives it home is that many of my friends struggle immensely with school and i can't figure out why.
i'm not smart at all--there's no way i'm just naturally gifted and they aren't. in fact, i'm certain most of them are far more intelligent than me. yet they can't get a grip on how to do college and i have no idea why.

i feel like the recipient of some kind of unearned privilege at all times.
i show up to classes high out of my mind and professors love me. this is still a mystery to me. i don't even do the reading, i just improvise based on what other people say and the curtain has literally never been pulled back on me
my friends push themselves to the edge of emotional breakdown just to get all their work done on time.

joke's on me though, they have gfs/bfs and i will never know that feel
>>
>>36883902
>implying she didn't fuck her professor
>>
File: sponge.png (257KB, 478x359px) Image search: [Google]
sponge.png
257KB, 478x359px
>>36883934

I'm not upset. It happened years ago and I've since stopped caring. The story is just an amusing anecdote of how my mom somehow achieved something important to me as a by-product of her schooling. Her paper was probably some existentialist bullshit about Camus which said, in summation, nothing.
>>
>>36883991
We are all part of a great money laundering scheme

The government subsidizes the loans to let lenders dish out fat stacks of cash to students who will give the money to universities. Universities have one job: get as many kids out as you can for more funding. Kids get out and get government and corporate jobs.

Everyone wins. Just smile and wave.
>>
>>36881893
I had a similar experience at the local community college before transferring to uni.
To cut things short without greentext, I was told I could write about whatever subject I wanted for the final since I'd been the best student, so I got away with not having to read an entire book a week before the essay was due.
>>
File: 1419886644794.png (50KB, 350x362px) Image search: [Google]
1419886644794.png
50KB, 350x362px
>>36883799
I had a similar scenario last quarter
>upper div english class but not english major yadda yadda yadda
>8 page research paper (I write at a snails pace ok)
>week before it was due, don't even know what to write on
>have a bunch of other shit for my actual major classes due at the end of the week so I didn't even get any time to prepare
>spent the entire weekend reading about this complex philosophical topic attempting to understand it enough to poop out a paper
>pulled an all-nighter trying to write it
>entire time I wanted to die because nothing made sense and I think I contradicted myself somewhere
>[next week]
>"good job anon! you get a well-deserved A!"
it didn't really matter because I took the class pass/no pass hahahaha
>>
>>36884075
student loans are a ponzi scheme, that's true

my education is paid by a combination of merit scholarships and a very small out-of-pocket portion from a college fund my parents set up when i was born.

i'm gonna graduate with no debt. if going to college was going to leave me in debt, i literally wouldn't have gone.
my degree will be useless anyway
>>
>>36883991
I don't know if this advice will be taken seriously but I am typing it in the hopes that you will listen. There are tons of things robots talk about on this board that are real soul-crushing problems maybe with no real answer in society. No GF/BF is not one of them. I would likely be considered somewhat of a cyborg by most here I imagine. I started out sheltered by my parents to the point where I could not function socially even in kindergarden. I spent all my time up until now learning how normies work and how to fake it to blend in when needed. I have achieved measured 'success' in things that this board lusts after like GF and holding a job for a while. None of it is fulfilling in my opinion. I ended up chasing things like a GF for so long only to learn that it was not something I wanted when I got to it. Please learn from my mistake and don't go down the same path. No relationship with a modern woman will make you happy. Society is fucked in such a way where everyone is trying to fuck each other over for max gains and women have always used manipulation where they lack intelligence or physical strength. Don't seek fulfillment in the ways normies tell you that you have to. You are falling for the worlds biggest pyramid scheme if you fall for these shitty memes. Normies lash out at you when you detach yourself from meaningless things like promiscuous sex because it is their entire being and self worth is determined by it. In all my life I have found one person I can really call a friend and not just pretend. Don't settle for less than your perfect anon. In the meantime enjoy living life on easy mode without a woman to drag you down emotionally/mentally/physically. If you get some sort of half decent work whether it be employed or running a simple scam to extract money from normies do what you can do to live comfy and sanely. Find a hobby that helps you fulfill yourself, for me this is currently practicing AP/Lucid Dreaming.
>>
> fucked up first year
> aced second year, got 4 As and a B this semester
> cGPA still only 2.8
> terrified that third year will be too hard and I'll lose my progress
> terrified I won't get into grad school
> terrified because Toronto's housing market is shit and I have no home
> terrified because I couldn't find a place for the summer, and now I'm NEET-ing it up at home
> trying to get wagecuck job
>>
>>36883860
The thing that bugs me the most is how every single professor tells you that you're on your own, but then they just build in the highschool level babying by making attendance 10% of the final grade.
I'd be much happier with an alternative to paying money out the ass to be forced to attend a lecture I don't need to hear since I teach myself everything.
>>
>>36884169
>>36883991
(2/2)
I guess what I am trying to say is to find the meaning of life yourself anon. If you fall for the trap of trying your hardest to be a normie then you will only suffer as a normie. This society is doomed to destroy itself soon anyways, if not now it will come. Don't be decadent, but live life in a way that is stimulating not just in the way your dick feels when you open sadpanda. If you don't decide to take your life in some sort of direction with your own two hands you will end up nothing more than a failed normie. I think Evola might talk about the ideas I mentioned, but I have yet to read his work so I cannot describe my ideas as well as I would like. Hopefully this post helps you or someone else in this thread in some way.
>>
>>36884184
The alternative is to not participate, but that takes a higher level of agency and an ability to work outside the box of acceptable professions/employment. Running small scams on groups of especially retarded normies like boomers has always been a fantasy of mine, but it is hard to flesh out ideas when you are crushed under the tedium of daily life. This summer I will likely be a neet for a while so I expect to work on some ideas then in case my family connections and general nepotism fail.
>>
>>36881573
I never understood the "you need a C to pass"thing.
If that's the case why isnt a C just an F? Or is your GPA a factor here?
>>
>>36884169
oh believe me i don't think my life would suddenly become complete if i got a gf

i just know that i want a partner because i desire emotional companionship. that's pretty much it. i do not expect spiritual fulfillment, i expect a sense of happiness that would arise from entering into a situation that would make me happy, like playing a new video game or something.

i am not actually terribly upset by my inability to get gf. i get it. i wouldn't want to date me either; there's nothing about me that would be particularly appealing for a girl who can pretty freely pick and choose from a large selection of dudes.

note: i have already bought into the casual sex meme. i go to a small selective liberal arts college. this is the only time in my life i will be around women my age who want dick and don't really care too much where it comes from. i agree with you that it is meaningless, but it's not like the other things i do in my life are particularly meaningful...

what i'm getting at is that my desire for gf isn't some kind of mutated form of a larger desire to be a normie, it's just a basic human drive for companionship.

i get the sense your posts were probably more productive for you than for others
>>
>i get the sense your posts were probably more productive for you than for others
I came to these conclusions no longer than 1-2 years ago, but I am more or less just now putting them into (semi)-coherent text. It would be nice to have figured a lot of this out earlier, but as cheesy as it sounds I treasure all the experiences that lead to the 'me' that exists today. I have already started to feel like I have started living for a change and hope I can lead someone down a similar path instead of leading themselves into ruin. I make a habit of not casting my pearls before swine, and while a lot of normies probably read 4chan at this point there are still quality anons scattered about the various chans who are without anyone like them. Perhaps it is driven by the selfish desire of not wanting to be alone like you said, but I kinda hope in a way that I can help another quality anon or anons keep on living if only to ensure there are more than just normies roaming the earth for my own sake. Who really knows though.
>>
>>36884365
Meant to quote >>36884291 but my brain is pretty fucked today after my last exam
>>
>>36883875
Im a month into this reality and let me tell you its horrible and im probably going to end up working a dead end job not one in my field.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.