[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be worthless lazy NEET >gave myself a daily

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: HnzPJ1M.gif (439KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HnzPJ1M.gif
439KB, 800x800px
>be me
>be worthless lazy NEET
>gave myself a daily schedule to live by
>8 hours of sleep
>waking up at 9AM and sleeping by 1AM
>the day is broken up into rotating sections of studying & exercise, as well as looking for a job
>even have schedules shitposting hours, that I am now currently in.
>already feel better, like I'm not a turd circling a toilet

we're all gonna make it bros
>>
>>36878811
Good on you, man. Even if you weren't looking for a job, self-improvement through study and exercise is a worthwhile pursuit.
>>
>>36878811
Congrats on going monk-mode. Hope other NEETbros are able to follow your example.
>>
Good for you anon! How long have you been at this?
>>
>>36878870
good point. People often meme about monks being lazy and do-nothings, but they live very disciplined lives, some even work to make cheese or ale - as well as studying their religious texts. Some Shaolin Monks even forge their bodies through martial arts.

>>36878863
Thanks senpai
>>
File: 170421odllgiwptflq.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
170421odllgiwptflq.gif
141KB, 250x250px
It's nice to see a NEET that's trying for self-improvement instead of just screaming "WAGE KEKS REEE" Good on you mate.
>>
File: 1466940574452.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1466940574452.gif
650KB, 647x363px
>>36878943
Phone changed cucks to keks. Kek me.
>>
>>36878935
not just a disproportionate number of monks have been histories greatest artists/ scientists. like gregor mendel, rabeleis, augustine, Karl Kehrle
>>
File: 3f9.gif (2MB, 675x473px) Image search: [Google]
3f9.gif
2MB, 675x473px
>>36878885
one day

but I already feel the difference. It's comforting to know what I'll be doing at any given time of day instead of sitting around all day hitting refresh in the hopes that some interesting thread will pop up in the sea of trash that is r9k
>>
>>36878966
Actually it's moot's legacy of world filters, one of the last thigns he did before selling the site was changing cuck to kek, but only the all-caps for some reason.

There's also a couple more words that filter out like f a m and t b h
>>
>>36878811
>try to keep a sleep schedule
>7 hours staring at my eyelids until sunrise
>fail
>try again another time
>40 hours no sleep
>still can't fix it
Exercise has done jack and appetite problems interfered with keeping a good diet, I just can't break having 30 hour days and it makes me want to kill myself
Any tips lads?
Should I just get an ambien script and kiss sleeping without chemical assistance goodbye forever?
>>
>>36878935
No problem. That's basically what I do. I'm not a NEET, I have my own home that I'm proud to say I bought new last year in March without help, have had a steady part-time job for almost 10 years now, and spend my free time on drawing, playing the piano, working out, reading (usually philosophy, currently reading Confucius) and tending to my rose garden and trees.
>>
>>36879104
A big problem of modern time (the last decade and some change) is how the screen of electronic devices have the same type of light as sunlight, this tricks your brian into think that it's still daytime when you're playing vidya or watching youtube either on your phone or TV or laptop or whatever else. This wasn't the case for CRT monitors and TVs, but these days everything is flat-screen.

Anyways, there are apps that you can install that change the screen's light so it doesn't fuck up your brain as much into thinking that it's still daytime.

5-htp and melatonin are off-the-shelf supplements that help with getting a natural sleep cycle and getting better sleep quality

>>36879112
That sounds comfy af senpai
>>
>>36879213
What about normal lightbulbs and lamps?
I already tried no tv, computer or phone before bed/at night
>>
File: N1RdKPt.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
N1RdKPt.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>36879073
Huh, newfag and did not know that, cheers.
>>
>>36879104
Not going to lie anon, i smoke a few bowls in my room alone every night just to maintain my schedule.
>>
>>36879213
It is. My job is completely stress-free and my life at home is completely stress-free. I'm sure that would change if I got a girlfriend or something, but that's never interested me, and I seem to be incapable of feeling lonely (I live by myself).
>>
>>36879339
Weed hasn't helped me I smoke on and off and notice no difference, alcohol and benzos do the trick, but I'd rather not be fucking with those on the daily.
>>
>>36879253
It depends on the lightbulb.

Those old-school Thomas Edison lightbulbs are harmless but the curly energy-efficient ones and of course LED lights produce "blue" light like screens of ipads and computers.

It could be that your sleep schedule is just fucked out of habit.

One drastic solution is to just not sleep for a day. Intentionally stay up and get that out of your system. You'll be wanting to go to bed shortly after the sun sets the next day. Then your sleep schedule should reset itself.

Finally, this works for me because I have OCD or autism or something, but I need to have -something- play before I go to bed. For a while it was a specific song or another, then it was various sorts of white noise like "binaural beats", then it became the recording of circkets at night. The latter is really soothing.
>>
>>36879506
>One drastic solution is to just not sleep for a day. Intentionally stay up and get that out of your system. You'll be wanting to go to bed shortly after the sun sets the next day. Then your sleep schedule should reset itself.
Not even this works, I mentioned earlier I have stayed up 40+ hours try and fix it that way and not only did I still manage to not fall asleep when I wanted to but the sleep deficit made it even shittier. Even if I can get myself to go full circle after so long, I can't seem to break the 30 hour cycle.
I guess I'm just fucked
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>36879682
hhmmm

really makes you think

then yeah get some pills.

For a while I used to just totally drink Nyquil, which is SO not healthy.
>>
>>36879213
>This wasn't the case for CRT monitors and TVs
Yes it was actually. The daylight thing has to do with the high CCT and bluish light, which has nothing to do with the display technology. 6500K was a standard for decades before the "everything is flat screen" days.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.