[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else get the feeling that the more you learn the further

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: krr.jpg (23KB, 320x416px)
krr.jpg
23KB, 320x416px
Anyone else get the feeling that the more you learn the further from normal and happiness you get? There's certain knowledge that once you know it you can never get back from it.
>>
You end up back at happiness once you go far enough.
>>
I've always felt that the problem was I was smart enough to see all the bullshit but not smart enough to be able to look past it. Maybe that's the problem op, you're just too stupid to be happy
>>
>>36878636
This quote is basically what you're looking for.
>>
>>36879232
f e e f e e s
I think I may be the same way
I'm in that valley where everything is humorless
>>
What can you do, though? You can't be a child forever, the world will seep into you sooner or later.
>>
File: 123218978.jpg (6KB, 240x185px) Image search: [Google]
123218978.jpg
6KB, 240x185px
>>36879232
>you're just too stupid to be happy

i know this feel
>>
File: wojak buddha.jpg (104KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
wojak buddha.jpg
104KB, 500x637px
>>36878636
yes yes yes ignorance is bliss and all that.

Happiness comes from within though.

I know that the world is corrupt and unjust, but I don't care. I'm not in charge of the world. All I can do is live my life.

If the trees and wind and sun aren't depressed and anxious - why should I be?
>>
File: Why aren't you laughing.jpg (63KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Why aren't you laughing.jpg
63KB, 450x600px
>>36879279
>I'm in that valley where everything is humorless
>>
>>36879356
>If the trees and wind and sun aren't depressed and anxious
What makes you think they aren't? Are you a tree whisperer?
>>
>>36879268
This quote was never said by this man.

Back to knowledge that makes you less happy, eh?
>>
>>36878636
Lovecraft was right and some day people will understand that Lovecraft wasn't just a meme you could plaster over games and movies.
>>
>>36879356
>I know that the world is corrupt and unjust, but I don't care. I'm not in charge of the world. All I can do is live my life.

I like that attitude
>>
>>36879413
Lovercraft was just an autistic nerd who couldn't get by in life without writing some fucked up shit to calm his 'tism. He did have an excellent view on niggers, though. He even named his cat Nigger Man.
>>
>>36878636
>further from normal
this doesn't mean anything. if you are around other people who like learning, you'll feel normal. shut the fuck up loser.
>>
>tfw you realize all of reality is just experience and the universe is nothing more than a flurry of emotions
>>
>>36879410
They don't have a central nervous system.

I do, sure, but I don't have to set it to "anxiety" all the time. I'd rather turn that shit off.

>>36879433
thanks senpai. I used to be vaguely Buddhist but eh it's a great philosophy overall but I don't -believe- in it that much. I can barely recall the core principles other than the "desire is suffering" meme (which is true imo).

In any case, another great quote/attitude related to Buddhism is "The Zen you find at the top of a mountain is the Zen that you carry along with you".
>>
>>36879575
I smoked Salvia and found out that universe is just a cartoon for the elves in charge of the meat machines, but to each his own.

I figured that my cartoon (my life) ought to be at least remotely entertaining.
>>
>>36879521
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA is this real?
>>
>>36879521
Being right and being autistic isn't mutually exclusive. Just you wait, in time our knowledge will drive us insane.
>>
>>36879521
Autistic nerd he may have been, but also a prophet of things to come.
>>
>>36879742
why should knowledge drive you insane?

Your daily circumstances and interactions, sure, that's a direct consequence on your life and could drive you bananas - but general knowledge? big deal senpai.
>>
>>36879801
What if you KNEW that after you died it was an eternity of torment and dread? Wouldn't that fuck your entire life up? You would be driven insane.
>>
>>36879824
Life is already an eternity of torment and dread.
>>
>>36879801
You don't know very much if you don't see how knowing human civilization will end in your lifetime could effect your everyday life.
>>
>>36879840
I'm happy when I'm on /r9k/
>>
>>36878636
I regret it
>>36879268
Not untrue, but not necessarily a good thing
>>
>>36878636
Like what? What are these dark secrets you've discovered, OP?

or is it just a
>I'm unhappy
>just shows how smart I am lol

meme?
>>
>>36878636
>There's certain knowledge that once you know it you can never get back from it.
Like what? I hope it's not /pol/ infographics with broken sourcs
>>
>>36879356
>If the trees and wind and sun aren't conscious and therefore not depressed and anxious - why should I be?
ftfy
Self awareness is an abomination
>>
>>36879521

Yet he had a wife. How times have changed.
>>
>>36879882
Don't you realize that this is part of the torture? You'd get used to constant pain and misery. Giving a little bit of hope and happiness is exactly what perpetuates this cycle of hell.
>>
>>36879285
>the world will seep into you sooner or later.
people go their entire lives without realizing that humanity and in general reality is a prison from where there is no escape
would have been easy for me to do the same if I hadn't accidentally fucked up
>>
>>36879232

this is a pretty idea

but...

if you look at the correlation between IQ and depression, it doesn't really seem like this idea holds up
>>
>>36879938
Racist people still have wives. When Tumblr chicks tell you you will never get married because you are racist they are lying.
>>
The cycle of death and rebirth, entropy and the endless depth of perversion which will be explored in dark aeons to come. It is possible for a soul to stray so far from god's light that it never finds its way back. At the end of time a beast awakens and promptly goes back to the beginning in order to feast. The light guardians can only hold the gates open for so long. After that, you are doomed. An endless number of timelines, many of which are now diverging towards and endless expanse of darkness and chaos. Where will you be when the time comes?
>>
>>36880003

No anon, I know that. Tunblrgirls love racist Chads He was an autistic spergyman, his wife even talked about how he didn't have a high sex drive and was very awkward, but she still loved him and he loved her.

Also he basically predicted white civilization being consumed by the "lesser races" which is happening now.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 180x280px
>>36878636
Give This Book a try, itll show you a interesting perspective from a man who chooses to become happy because he knows that he can always become a robot again, when ever he wants.

Galgenhumor
Everyone has Needs. you get Happy by stilling them. Every need requiers a task to be done by you. A task has to be practiced to perceive intuition. Intuition is comfy.
>>
File: cover.jpg (216KB, 948x953px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
216KB, 948x953px
>>36879587
Desire is only suffering if you fullfill it without intuition.
You'll fucktards who suffer from a lack of intuition and get it twisted with beeing dumb.
>>
>>36879801
There will come a moment when human minds can't comprehend anymore what we unearth. We don't need omnipotent space squids to go nuts.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.