[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies hate sociopaths so much? They talk like all sociopaths

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1494194117644.jpg (33KB, 273x322px) Image search: [Google]
1494194117644.jpg
33KB, 273x322px
Why do normies hate sociopaths so much? They talk like all sociopaths are serial killers when in reality sociopaths are just introverts who never became spooked in the first place.
>>
>>36876740
Max stirner was a spooked faggot himself you spooky dumbass
>>
People who are different make normies feel insecure
>>
>>36876740
well it's rather obvious, normies value society very highly. they base their entire identities on it. they think it's reality itself. some even believe in society more than they believe in science.

a sociopath is a kind of predator to them, a significant threat, someone who doesn't value society and seeks to actively harm it.

both are incredibly shitty people only concerned with themselves, but I argue the normie is worse than the sociopath because she believes her naked self-interest above all else benefits society when buying into the capitalist propaganda of following your desires and endless consumption is in fact the most corrosively sociopathic act imaginable.
>>
>>36876780
He was, but his message transcends his own flaws. All of us are, in the end, destined to remain spooked in some way or another.
>>
>>36877011
I'm sorry, but you're not making a lot of sense. Normies who hate sociopaths are sociopathic in themselves?
>>
>>36876740
Read stirner's critics, stirner isn't a sociopath.
>>
>>36877074
all normies hate sociopaths, but they are blind to the true enemy and their unwitting complicity thereof
>>
>>36876740
Stirner was a literal cuckold, look it up. Now back to /leftypol/ with you.
>>
>>36877311
Mate I don't give a single shit about politics except for a general dislike for the entire concept of politics.
>>
>>36877358
>Mate I don't give a single shit about politics except for a general dislike for the entire concept of property

ftfy
>>
>>36877390
>implying politics and governments themselves don't do their utmost to take away what you assert to be your property
It's not yours when you have to pay a fee to the government every year or you go to jail. The idea of arguing and getting in debates over who should decide how I get to live is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>36876740
You are an unattended time bomb waiting to go off in their minds. The word sociopath just instils the thought of a deranged mentally ill man. If you are refering to yourself as a sociopath in public; you're bound to be treated like a fucking serial killer.
>>
File: 1484098960760.jpg (16KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484098960760.jpg
16KB, 360x360px
>>36876780
>a philosopher must be an infallible exemplar of his philosophy
>>
>>36877524
I mean, I wouldn't blame anyone for being a bit wary around someone who doesn't hold their life in importance, but for the most part it's just an indifference to their life.
>>
>>36876740
most sociopaths/psychopaths (psychologists use the terms interchangeably) aren't hated by normies. it's the exact opposite; they have and use a great deal of superficial charm to get what they want, and often rise to the top of the food chain personally and professionally

psychopaths are the uber-normies
>>
>>36876740
They have a severe case of SPOOKS
>>
>>36877749
Not all psychopaths/sociopaths are uber chads or some bullshit. A psychopath can be ugly, stupid, anything like that. I suppose it would be useful to an uber-normie to have psychopathic traits, but it would not lend itself to rising to the top at all.
>>
>>36877749
>>36877817
I think the spook is basically constructed as:
>if(success=yes)
def elite, leader, people person
>else
autism, psychopath, loner loser
it's close to that, anyway
>>
>>36877817
not all psychopaths are Chads, but a disproportionate number of Chads are psychopaths. psychopathy occurs in roughly 1% of the population but a great deal more highly in professions like politician or CEO

here are some of the 20 traits listed in the Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Revised (HPC-R) which is what most western psychiatric institutions currently use for diagnosing psychopathy

-glib and superficial charm
-grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
-sexual promiscuity
-failure to accept responsibility for own actions

sounds like Chad to me
>>
>>36877749
i think you might be thinking of something else when you say "sociopath" - like "misanthrope" or "deviant" or something
>>
>>36877950
>>36877817
whoops accidentally replied to my own comment, meant to reply to OP
>>
psychopathy is an entirely different (and legitimate) disorder (that many on this board coincidentally have) from sociopathy

you can be sociologically pathological without exhibiting any symptoms of psychopathy (violence, outbursts, misplaced anger, and so-on)
>>
>>36877934
That all sounds highly subjective and has nothing to do with psychopathy in itself, aside from a failure to accept responsibility for own actions. Psychopathy has absolutely nothing to do with sexual promiscuity or charm, and even narcissism is not a requirement.
>>
>>36877950
I am talking about what is generally referred to as sociopaths by normies and other such people who manage normies.
>>
>>36878035
not every trait on the HPC-R needs to be present for a person to be diagnosed as a psychopath; a score of 30 or higher out of 40 is psychopath territory

so none of the items are a requirement - these are common traits used for the purpose of diagnosis

where are you getting your information from?
>>
>>36877563

I would say yes if they're expecting their philosophy to bring them answers on how they should conduct their lives.

If they fail to act according to the principles they chose as the best, they must be shitty philosophers and shitty philosophers are unlikely to produce great philosophy.

> And that is why a Man shouldn't be afraid of death, for death to the wise man is the same as living and therefore...
> Aaah I fell in a hole, omg, it hurts, I don't want to die, help, help
>>
>>36878150
Wikipedia mostly.
>>
>>36878161
I can accept death and also know that in my moment of death I may be emotional and have outbursts. Someone can objectively view something without being able to overcome that challenge themselves.
>>
>>36878136
well yes, if someone incorrectly uses the term "sociopath" as an epithet to refer to people they don't like - instead of what it actually means - then by definition they are not going to like those so-called sociopaths. it's circular reasoning
>>
>>36878193
if you want a good primer on psychopaths and how they fit into society you should try out Jon Ronson's "The Psychopath Test". it's pop-psychology so it doesn't go too deep into the science of it all, but it's pretty funny and interesting and gives a good baseline of information to start from
>>
>>36878222
Oh, I see. I'm an idiot for asking that question. Well, that brings me to another question. Why do normies call every mental state that is different from their own a "disease". Wouldn't you only consider something a disease if it was harmful to the existence of the person or being in question? Just because it doesn't follow the interests of a certain group of people doesn't mean it's a detriment from the point of view of the individual who exhibits that quality.
>>
File: 1477364712198.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1477364712198.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>>36876740
>he thinks that stirnirite egoism is equivalent to sociopathy
>>
>>36878343
I never said that though.
>>
>>36878341
oh yeah holmes i agree with you 100% on that. fuck, only a few decades ago people were commonly given lobotomies - like, literally, ice pick through the eye socket into the brain lobotomies - against their will for not acting "normal" enough for their family's liking
>>
>>36878506
See, I understand normies doing stupid shit. I don't expect them to not act reactionary and dumb, calling things something simply because they don't like it. But I would expect scientists and other professional people to put their normieisms behind them when trying to study the various aspects human mind in a serious way. So it confuses me when they'll designate a mentality that would not be harmful to it's bearer or their continued existence as a disease. I mean, even a heavily anti-social person could make clones or something other without having their personality prevent their genetic lineage from continuing.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.