[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply to mturk >get rejected >someone on a thread earlier

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: mturk.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mturk.png
24KB, 400x400px
>apply to mturk
>get rejected
>someone on a thread earlier brought up mturk and says most people get rejected because they have no bank account or credit/tax history
Well... shit. Is there a way around that?
>>
What is mturk? Is it an easy way to make $30/hr from my home?
>>
>>36875303
more like $5/hr if you're good (iirc)
it's for extra spending money if you've already got an actual job to live on
>>
>>36875345
>$5/hr
Still more than I'm making now, but like OP, I don't have a bank account or credit history, and I've never paid taxes.
>>
>>36875264
>Is there a way around that?

Around being an adult? No. Get a bank account and build some credit history you dildo.
>>
>>36875441
>build credit history
>without having money
k
>>
>>36875345
5$ an hour? Fuck that
>>
>>36875303
it's Amazon's way of exploiting third world labor without looking bad
>>
>>36875479
beggars can't be choosers

oregano
>>
File: IMG_2067.jpg (73KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2067.jpg
73KB, 500x349px
>>36875303
>easy $30/hr from home
top jej. That is not, has never been nor will ever be a thing.
>>
i got approved years ago and it was a total shitshow. literally just go work in retail and you'll make more money for less work
>>
>>36875452
Being this retarded
>kill yourself
>>
>>36875264
go write ehow articles or something instead, wtf man
>>
>>36875264
I have a credit history and a bank account. Still got rejected. It's bullshit
>>
>>36875673
The only thing I know how to do is masturbate and be a disappointment to everyone around me
>>
>>36875609
>be socially retarded
>start shaking and mumbling and get high pitched voice when talking to strangers
It's not an option for me. I tried it for a month at a volunteer service and they eventually just had to move me to the back. Been to therapy. No help there.
So I need something where I don't deal with people.
>>
>>36875547
what about network administration, network engineering, etc.

My brother works in the field and he earns that much and could telecommute but chooses not to. Some of his coworkers do telecommute daily and some only show up to the office periodically.

He used to come over to my house to do laundry every Wednesday with his laptop and run tests and sit on muted calls while I would just chat shit with him and play vidya.
>>
>>36875609
retard retail salesmen get paid $1.5 an hour(minimal wage) in my shithole of a country
>>
It's only worth it for the translating jobs, and even that's seriously underpaid. I could never get over $8/hr, it average close to $5/hr except for the odd occasion you found a task that only pays bad instead of shit.
>>
>>36875807
the irony is that Amazon pays people between 12.50 and 15.75 to be a menial grunt in the warehouse walking around with a cart
>>
>>36875838
the irony is they are replacing all of those people with robots as we speak and will lay all of them off in 5 years.
>>
>>36875264
Arbitrage on amazon, or ebay.

Save up enough and learn SEO, maybe get into drop shipping (no aliexpress meme, try to get serious)

By broken iPhones, repair them and resell them for $100+

many more methods but those are some great ones
>>
>>36875807
$6/hour is the standard offer for recent graduated engineers in Brazil
>>
>>36875887
you're overestimating the capability of robots

if you look at a robot fulfillment center, the super advanced technology really amounts to shelves that move around. There is no sophisticated auto-packing or anything amazing like that. There is no way the job could be done without people and a feasible way is not on the horizon.

That said, the do cut out a few steps by automating certain processes but you have to take into account the company's rate of growth first and second the fact that those numbers of jobs are minuscule even comparing the current workforce to the workforce 10 years ago. Amazon still employs over 100,000 people and that number is growing.

I mean, shit, they still hire menial labor to work in the robotic centers so... I'm sorry to inform you that your dystopian robotic dreamworld is still a fantasy for now.
>>
mturk is alright if you fancy using up time and doing menial tasks. It takes away a couple hours and what you make soon adds up, however what you earn can only be exchanged for giftcards.
>>
>>36876067
What? I thought anons in this thread said you get paid $5 an hour and need a bank account? If they give you giftcards for exchange of working then why would you need a bank account?
>>
>>36876036
>you're overestimating the capability of robots
no i'm not they are going to take over the workforce by 2025 and it will only get worse in the years after.
>>
>>36876092
I signed up for it years ago so the sign up criteria might have changed but what you make can only be exchanged for giftcards to be used on the .com site only.

As for $5 an hour, I guess it's doable of you work at it. Most of the tasks pay pennies but are easy to do and some of the more higher paying tasks are not really worth it for the time spent.
>>
>>36876270
That's a fucking rip why would you work for money that only work on amazon site itself? How am I suppose to buy food or pay rent?
>>
>>36876309
Pocket money I suppose? I doubt they made it with the intent of people living off it.
>>
>>36876351
Exactly pocket money. Let me go buy some fucking food. Let's say I made $100 a week that would be enough to buy food.
>>
>>36876145
>they are going to take over the workforce by 2025
Says the NEET that hasn't done an honest days work in his life.

I've worked in Amazon's newest fulfillment center. All the robots do are move shelves.

The shelves are still packed by people. The items that go on the shelves are still packed by people. The items are picked from the shelves by people. The items are placed on conveyor belts by people. The items are packed by people. Any mistakes in the packaging are fixed by people. Packages are palletized and loaded onto trucks by people. Packages are built into walls on the trucks by people.
>>
>>36875887
>in 5 years.

I love this meme almost as much india will be a superpower by X date.
>>
>>36875345
>more like $5/hr if you're good

It'll be better to get an actual job and swing trade on the side for actual money
>>
>>36876427
>India
>superpower
my sides have left orbit
>>
>>36875264
This was invented so Jews could get near free labor
>>
>>36876413
>Says the NEET that hasn't done an honest days work in his life.
nice projection, my creative job will be robot proof for at least another 25 years while your menial work will be gone in the next decade.
>>
>>36876928
actually kind of true, although not just Jews
>>
>>36875712
I wouldn't call that easy. Those guys are on call rotation and on the hook when a server shits itself at 0 dark thirty.
>>
Build a small service business, i built one and im making 200k a yeah. Tip :aim to corporations
>>
>>36878045
>not just Jews
$0.02
>>
>>36878359
What is a "service business?" What service do you provide? How do you just make one out of thin air?
>>
>>36878824
You sell services Not products, I offer help with employee relationships with games such as legos, board games, dancing, music, etc.
>>36878824
>>
>>36875264
>be me
>apply to mturk
>get rejected
>6 months later
>get approval email out the blue

okay then.
>>
>>36877049
your creative job reeling in donations to your deviantart page for making fanfic futanari drawings

Why are you even assuming we're working menial jobs for the rest of our lives? Fucking retarded.
>>
>>36878738
That's a full 10 minutes of work on mturk, you know. How generous!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.