[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Depressed and sad girls are admired and chased by guys, who'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 25

>Depressed and sad girls are admired and chased by guys, who'll provide unending emotional support. Depressed girls are literally a common fetish of guys
>Depressed guys are not attractive at all to women, and women often break up with depressed boyfriends because they're not exciting anymore

does anyone else literally wonder why they even want a girlfriend? only in fiction do women ever emotionally support their bfs.
>>
That's not true, though.

Yes, it is true that there is a "depression chic" sub culture in the youth these days where people whine and bitch, trying to one up each other with how "depressed" they are to get attention. Where depression is, in the most literal sense, fetishized.
But that usually involves both men and women. It's not healthy at all.
What incentive would people have to sort their shit out if acting depressed and self pitying was keeping your relationship together.

Depression is something you have to get over yourself.
Depressed people shouldn't be in relationships.
What looks like "emotional support" is really "enabling"
>>
>girl in image is fat "body positive" type
>guy is body builder Chad whose figure doesn't change in the second frame
>>
>>36874679
>being cute in normal clothes
Top tier
>eating on my fucking bed and getting crumbs everywhere
FUCKING ROASTIE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE AND PAY ME FOR THE CLEANERS REEEEEE
>>
>>36874885
What? They both look like average people to me.
>>
>>36874885
She looks like a skinny girl in an oversized t-shirt and pj pants.
>>
>>36874868
>Depression is something you have to get over yourself

Are you like 14? You do not 'Get over' depression. It is an incurable mental illness that can be at best, temporarily ignored.
>>
>>36874912
we had this posted 9 times the last time this image was posted
>>
File: IMG_4794.jpg (100KB, 750x1149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4794.jpg
100KB, 750x1149px
>>36874915
Does that shit look normal to you
>>
What if the dude was eating the burrito? How would the image change?
>>
>>36874930
Views like his are what happens when normalfags are bummed out for one entire afternoon for a tangible reason, and go and call that depression.
>>
>>36874973
>>36874992
can we please not make the entire thread about the image
>>
>>36874992
He would be a leech and a creep and should kill himself for bringing his women down.
>>
girls are a meme

i act like the guy on the right and they reject me anyway

maybe when they are in their 30s and nobody wants them anymore one will settle for me
>>
>>36874679
she looks way cuter in 2nd frame
>Depressed guys are not attractive at all to women, and women often break up with depressed boyfriends because they're not exciting anymore
Its a shame but I'd hope a real depressed girl would be more understanding, but it seems bfs are usually emotional providers.
>>
>>36875009
Shouldn't have used it if you don't want it talked about.
>>36874992
Depends, is it his house or the girls house?
Either way it's fucking gross, but the level of severity changes depending on who's bed it is.
>>
>>36875005
you are confirmed underage

i've always been depressed. you cannot cure it. anti depressants just help you ignore it for a little bit.

i bet you're one of those guys who think men aren't 'men' nowadays and think working out solves everything
>>
I think girls just tend me more depressed about things related to relationships, while guys worry about unanswerable questions and life and shit. one can be immediately fixable, while the other can be pondered for a thousand years
>>
>>36874930

Are you 14?

The whole "DEPRESSION IS INCURABLE. IT'S MUH CHEMICAL IMBALANCE" myth is obnoxious.

Depression is entirely caused by outside circumstances.

I've been through depression caused by social isolation, negative thinking, and unemployment.
It's painful, and it took superhuman effort to drag myself out of that hole.

But when some normie with lots of friends, a job, and a future who feels down all the time because of poor diet or sleeping patterns comes along and tries to tell me "I'm suffering just as much as you. You're not allowed to criticize me because its an illness that can happen to anyone!" It makes me want to wretch.

Depression is caused by a lot of things. For me, it was social isolation and having no future. For many normies, its caused by poor lifestyle.
But no one gets depression from a magical, mystical chemical imbalance no one can see. It's not an "illness". And when you keep pushing that myth, it just stops people from getting the help they need
>>
>>36875058
This guy >>36875005 was agreeing with you, autismo. he was saying that>>36874868 is a normie viewpoint
>>
>>36874973
For a simple cartoon drawing of a guy? Yeah.
>>
>>36875048
>but it seems bfs are usually emotional providers
yep

women only keep men around to solve their problems. they don't understand it's a 2 way thing.

why are real life girls so shit
>>
>>36875009
what is an imageboard i wonder
>>
>>36875058
Hint: if someone says "his" to you, you're probably not the subject.
>>
>>36875107
Except I have literally had my genes tested and I have genetic mutations that prevent me from properly processing neurotransmitters that are involved in happiness (serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine). Don't be retarded
>>
>>36875118
Ah, I thought 'his' was a misspelling of 'this' and he was referring to me.

sorry >>36875005
>>
>>36874973
he doesn't even have abs, what's the problem? he actually looks a little soft
>>
File: 1473186587505.jpg (9KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1473186587505.jpg
9KB, 240x193px
>>36874885
>fat
>...
>fat

Are you ok dude?
>>
>>36875058
Working out, eating well, staying clean, meditating, keeping your life in order, regularity socializing, cbt, a routine, intentions and life goals, and yes, anti depressants combined will cure your depression. I was depressed, usually suicidal, for about 10 years, but then I actually decided that I wanted to do something about it, and that it would take time. At first I just went to church, then new age spirituality shit, then just plain old ssris, eventually deciding that I'd be stuck in melancholy my whole life. Then I realized that it would take time and a lot of effort.

Im 100% fine now. I can actually handle being alive, and often enjoy it. But it's something I have to maintain.
>>
>>36875145

The cause of depression is poorly understood, and somethings as simple as "genetics affecting chemicals in your brain" would not be an explanation for it.

I'm just sick to death of people who have had good lives and an easy time who don't take care of their bodies saying
"Oh, well since your depression was caused by outside factors, you don't have REAL DEPRESSION. The fact that my life is good and I'm still depressed is proof that I'm the one who is really suffering".

I don't honestly give a shit about your genes or chemicals or whatever ambiguous proof you have. Your mood is affected by your environment. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>36875274
holy shit right on schedule

the 'bro just drink more water and work out' horseshit

here's a secret: when you were 'depressed', you weren't depressed, just bored with mildly low self esteem.
>>
>>36875284
>simple things can't be true
>genetics affecting chemicals in your brain is simple
>your mood is affected by your environment and that's true because it's simple

what a coherent argument
>>
>>36875327
Here's another secret: when you're depressed, you're a miserable faggot who doesn't have the intuition or foresight to know when he's deceiving himself. I've been through the thick of depression and attempted suicide multiple times. I know, it's know joke, and it's true that it never completely leaves you, but you have to take the steps toward a better life to know that it's there.
>>
>>36875284
>Genetics, neurochemicals, and brain composition have no effect on your experience, temperament, and perceptions
You really come across as an unintelligent retard, just to let you know. You should probably stop talking about... about well anything.
>>
>>36875469
You have a poor understanding of genetics.
>>
>>36875327

Here's a secret for for

If you have lots of friends, and you are still feeling depressed, then you aren't forming close relationships with them

If you have a job and you are still depressed, then you have a bad work life balance

If you have a girlfriend and you are still depressed, you don't have a good work life balance.

If everything seems fine and you are still depressed, you probably have shit diet or poor sleeping patterns or whatever.

When I was depressed, I had no friends, never had a girlfriend, had no job, and had no future. Maybe that means that I didn't have TRUE DEPRESSION, but I really don't care what you think. The way people like you act is obnoxious. You have all the resources to cure your depression, unlike me, who is still continuing to hoist myself out of this hole by finding friends and a job, which isn't easy, but you continue to wallow in self pity and refuse to sort things out because of your chemical imbalance myth
>>
>>36875523
>when you're depressed, you're a miserable faggot who doesn't have the intuition or foresight to know when he's deceiving himself.

You just proved my point you don't know what you're talking about. When you're depressed, you literally have no emotion outside mild fear. No urge to do anything. You don't see the point in doing anything. You're not 'Miserable'. You're not anything. You're just... there.

Once when I was in a really bad period I spent 2 days in my bedroom. Just briefly reading and drinking, barely eating. I had no urge to do anything else.
>>
>>36874679
I don't even want a girlfriend anymore, I just want a cuteboy bf.
>>
File: IMG_5907.jpg (83KB, 750x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5907.jpg
83KB, 750x638px
>>36875588
>waaaaaaah i'm mistaking depression for sadness and turned my post into a self pity jerk off half way

pathetic
>>
>>36875540
You have a poor understanding of words and how to use them
>>
>it's another "no one is actually depressed except me" episode
I hate reruns. The writers of this show should end themselves already.
>>
>>36875598
Dude I fucking know. I used to lay catatonic in my bed for days without even the urge to drink water. It's a void that completely envelops you and leaves you completely debased. But you're acting like it's impossible that you could potentially never have to be that way if you would take care of yourself. It's an infinitely demanding process.
>>
File: 1475406405748.jpg (32KB, 795x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475406405748.jpg
32KB, 795x600px
>eating a burrito where i sleep

this is the formula for getting a broken jaw desu
>>
File: get a load of this pahoehoe.jpg (415KB, 1500x958px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this pahoehoe.jpg
415KB, 1500x958px
""""""""""""""depressed girls"""""""""""""""

LOLOLOLOLOLOL only if they're hot.

>have clinical depression
>try my best not to use it as an excuse

>make friends with another depressive girl
>she's way hotter than me
>she sits in her room and gets our male friends to deliver her free food from their work, booze, attention
>one friend gave her more than a grand over the span of five years because she felt "sad" and needed to go to anime conventions

>never ask my friends for anything
>literally forced myself to hang out with friends on their birthdays, weddings, or graduations despite going through a serious episode because that's what friends do
>my friends complain I'm "too whiny" when I long post in the group chat about how hard it is to work and go to school with a mental illness

Although, to respond more directly to your post, OP:

"Wanting" a mentally ill boyfriend is world's away from emotionally supporting your boyfriend. Only an abusive person would WANT their partner to be mentally ill.

>>36874868
I want to smooch the first paragraph.

Second one... not so much.

I agree that adults need to be responsible for their own health - and yes that means taking the iniative for your own depression - although I don't like the phrasing "get over" because it sounds like it's just psychosomatic.

I also disagree with the part about depressed people not being in relationships. Sure, if you're in the middle of a serious episode, maybe you shouldn't be trolling Tinder. However, the "you have to love yourself first to love others" thing is a Normie meme because being loved is necessary to love yourself for most people.

>What looks like emotional support" is really "enabling"
Yup.
>>
>>36875635

It's not self pity. I'm happy with how far I have come and what I am doing.

And I feel nothing but goodwill for people who are successful and have good lives.
It just sort of irks me when those same people turn around and try and push the "depression is a lifelong illness" myth in order to get sympathy despite having good lives.
>>
>>36874679
OP's picture is a normalfag delusion. They're both the same thing and done for the same reasons. Love is just lust that has been introduced more elements but at it's core it is still a physical attraction
>>
>>36874679
I'd receive the pic better if the artist wasn't fixated on appearance and the difference isn't defined by one-sided displays.
>>
>>36875725
Not necessarily. Obviously it's a huge part of it, but love works in stages. Love that last a lifetime usually has more to do with attachment, which is to say you get to know someone so well and spend so much time with them that you literally see them as yourself.
>>
>>36875284
Do you know how the brain processes information? You sound like you don't understand that. Like, at a very fundamental level.
>>
>>36875677
>being loved is necessary to love yourself for most people.
>making all your happiness depend on the love of a single person

That's called co-dependence, and no matter how widespread it is, it isn't healthy.

If loving yourself depends on how much a given person loves you, then you would harm your own life just to keep them around.
That's the logic battered wives operate on
>>
Forget women, doctors won't help me because they think I'm a TOTAL CREEPER and all 20 somethings are faking for weed pills
>>
File: IMG_4789.jpg (118KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4789.jpg
118KB, 768x576px
>>36875800
Does anyone really?
>>
>>36875145
>But meee
even if it was you, every other case of depression is solved by outside forces. It isn't hardwired into everyone's brain, and depression is most definitely curable. You're just playing devils advocate you attention whore.
>>
>>36875822
I never said "make your happiness depend on a single person". I said "being loved".

And yes, most people can't be happy unless they have a social network and community that they can engage with.

It's codependence if it's only one other person because they one person has absolute power, and is akin to tyranny.

Spread out among family, work, and friends, it becomes a separation of powers and there is nothing unhealthy about it.
>>
>>36874973
Literally my shape and size. It isn't Chad, it's average.
>>
>>36875636
LMAO YOU SURE REKT HIM REDDIT
>>
>>36874679
Its 100% true. My gf of 4 years cut and had bad depression too. got her threw it. My depression started to be an "issue" all of a sudden and she left me.

Not worth it bros. Dont date till your stable.
>>
>>36875883
>You're just playing devil's advocate you attention whore
>this person's existence damages my weak and foundation-less worldview so he must be lying REEEEE
There is an entire industry surrounding the study and analysis of genes that are connected to depression, you mongoloid. I am not an outlier
>>
>>36875883
>OUT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THIS ONE DUDE IN PARTICULAR IS THE OUTLIER
>>
>>36875284
MDD's classical types are endogenous (biological) and exogenous (enviromental stress). Nowadays, it is known that most patients have a combination of both in variable proportions and episodes are very often triggered by stressors, but they're not always the only factor, even in the same patient.

Some patients' depression has a very strong biological basis (genes, persistant chemical imbalances) and the episodes can be independent of enviromental factors. These people have no external problems and sometimes even no psychological issues beforehand. Their depression is often severe, with melancholic symptoms or even psychosis, catatonia and stupor. They might be drug-resistant and need ECT, TMS, ketamine, lithium or novel treatments that are in study. These patients can't even pay attention and react to their enviroment. They're a minority, though, but not extremely rare either.
>>
>>36876165
(Cont.)

The more "exogenous" depressions need psychoterapy as the main treatment and drugs to initial relieve of symptoms: the more endogenous always need drugs or more aggressive treatments, and adjuvant psychoterapy may be helpful but sometimes not as necessary as biological treatments. It's not black and white.

Depressive mood due to adverse vital events is actually another condition named adjustment disorder, commonly known as "reactive depression". It's a different diagnosis.

Meme depression is common, though. There's overdiagnosis (and self-diagnosis).
>>
>>36874679
dont emo guys get chicks though?
>>
>>36876195
It's not 2006 anymore. The days of "rawr xd" have come and gone.
>>
>>36875827
Somewhat, yeah. For example, we know that what's inside your head spills into the outside, so to speak. Whenever information is processed, it's checked against what's already there, like seeing a color and then remembering that you like or dislike it. Your perception of a certain color you like is different from someone who perceives the same color but dislikes it.
Emotional states, like fear or anxiety for example, also change how you perceive things. If you're freightened, many things that normally wouldn't bother you suddenly appear strange and freightening.
So the statement 'It's just environment and mood dude lmao' is pretty much worthless since everything you experience is affected by your prior experiences, your emotional state and thoughts about the future that are extrapolated from these things. A good environment won't help you much if your warped perceiption deceives you and a bad environment won't bother you that much if you're a positive and happy person.
>>
>tfw no depressed austrian gf
I'm depressed myself and "function", gotten pretty adept at hiding it. I just can't bond with a neurotypical person.
>>
Both of my online relationships have been with depressed guys. I did my best to support and encourage the first one with all his problems and was the more mentally stable one. The second one never complained about the things going on in his life. I loved them both and was happy to be emotional support. Both genders do the same shit to each other. Some guys don't want to emotionally support their gf either.
>>
>>36876499
Yep, there are good and bad people on all sides.

>friends with depressed man
>he would insist that he had body issues due to being bullied
>and the only way to "fix" his issues was for me to have sex with him or swallow his cum
>"dude"
>"no but like if a girl didn't swallow she'd be rejecting me and that would trigger my depression"
>"not going to happen"
>let the whole thing slide
>he felt me up at a party because he saw Chad groping his gf
>"stop"
>"it's not fair, everyone else has a girl with them, it's emasculating. shit like this is why I wanna kill myself."
>punch him in his fucking face

He was generally an abusive prick. He got institutionalized briefly last year. Good fucking riddance. I haven't spoken to him in over four years but he still stalks by dating profiles and sends me Facebook messages.
>>
>>36876499
Where are you from? sfsdf
>>
>>36874679
>chased by guys, who'll provide unending emotional support
Lie. You all say you like the idea of dating a depressed girl but when push comes to shove it's too much for you or whatever. Stop fucking leading us on and pretending you give a shit.
>>
>>36876601
>just be upfront with her bro
>don't pretend to be something you're not lol
You fucked up, he was clearly one of the good ones.
>>
>>36876648
IT DEPENDS
There are worlds in between "mildly depressed" and "won't come ouf of bed for weeks at a time".
>>
>>36876776
You all want 'boo hoo anon I got a bad grade on this test' """"depressed"""", not actual depressed. So stop romanticising it and stop leading us on.
>>
>>36874679
That pic may contain some truth but it's too Reddit for me.
>cultural axiom depicted via goofy youthful animation

I prefer gore, racism, nihilism, and sexual objectification, personally.
>>
>>36876762
What do either of those comments have to do with mine?

>good ones
>literally sexually harassed me and tried to emotionally blackmail me with threats of suicide into giving him oral sex

>>36876648
Yeah, it's probably because the Stacey's they crush on whine about their social anxiety on Normiebook.
>>
>>36876814
I have dysthymia and I'd date a girl with the same condition or something similar.
>>
>>36876814
>you want bitching and moaning
No, depressed women with no interest in anything or passion for life or enthusiasm left sound way better, but women can only manage the former. It's a shame, because silence is golden, especially when it comes to women.
>>
>>36874679
>tfw gf broke up with me because i was depressed and not very exciting any more
yeah i'm thinking you're right ohpee.
>>
>>36876837
The comic is racist. Girl on left has asian eyes, white eyes on right. So asian girls can't be loved?
>>
>>36876858
>It's a shame, because silence is golden, especially when it comes to women.
Please no, you have no idea how painful women are where you have to initiate every conversation and be the one that has to keep it going.
>>
>>36876858
They'll drain you like a vampire like all despressive people. Depression doesn't mean they're docile friendly sheep you mongoloid.
>>
>>36876869
That's just how it is. Nobody enjoys the company of depressed people. This doesn't have anything to do with how exciting you are but that you are dragging down the people around you. There's few people in the world that would continue any kind of relationship that turns out this way.
>>
>>36874679
>nerdy girls are in high demand
>fat girls have orbiters
>disfigured girls haves plenty of sex and relationships
>rapists have sexual relationships even after being convicted
>murderers have hordes of fangirls
>robots are considered dead end genetic trash and completely unlovable anyways

really fires up the neurons
>>
>>36874679
>i should be able to get chad without having to put any effort in to actually attract him waaah
>>
i dated a depressed girl once. never again. whiteknighting is so shitty
>>
>>36876957
>really fires up the neurons

Only if you don't know how to recognize and ignore propaganda.
>>
>separating all sexual desire from love

When will people learn that there's a difference between eros and lust?
>>
File: not going to get better.jpg (52KB, 370x572px) Image search: [Google]
not going to get better.jpg
52KB, 370x572px
>everyone loves depressed girls

So, why can't I get a date? And don't give me that Chad bs, I like subs and traps.
>>
>>36877081
congrats you recognize propaganda!
you still die alone because everyone else buys into it and they won't take advice from a person the propaganda says is sub-human
>>
>>36877103
How's your hygiene?
>>
>>36874679
I got a gf and we've been together for almost 6 months.
She gets sad af every now and then over school stuff, her family being too strict or not being satisfied with her body.
I wish I could hold her when she feels like that, but I'm a depressed fucker too so I feel like an idiot when I tell her she shouldn't feel like that.
I mean, I know how it feels to hate yourself and to feel powerless, so I either lie to her or don't help her at all.
>>
>>36875896
Everyone here rightfully hates you and you should go neck yourself asap
>>
>>36877103
putting on a dress and using tumblr double think doesn't make you a girl faggot.
>>
>>36875009
the image is the topic OP posted about kek
>>
>>36877103
>I like subs
Hi, please be in europe.
>>
>>36877104
Triggered misogynist
>>
>>36877152
>everyone here
>you're the only one who responded

Projection, much?
>>
File: historical keks.jpg (49KB, 464x444px) Image search: [Google]
historical keks.jpg
49KB, 464x444px
>>36877147
I think it's pretty good. I mean, I don't leave the house without showering or performing dental hygiene, if that's what you mean.

>>36877162
lol, I have a vagina and I hate wearing dresses.

>>36877207
Nope, in the southern US, sorry.
>>
>>36877260
>Nope, in the southern US, sorry.
That's unfortunate
But if you're into pegging and pee stuff then I can come over anyway
>>
>>36877097
One is an Asteroid, the other is your twink ass that I will fuck
>>
>>36877260
>I think it's pretty good. I mean, I don't leave the house without showering or performing dental hygiene, if that's what you mean.

You need to do this stuff thoroughly.
>>
>>36877395
I'm not a shut-in who leaves my house every once in a blue moon, m8.
>>
>>36875284

Just stop replying, you are only digging yourself in deeper
>>
File: 1486663801724.png (377KB, 408x472px) Image search: [Google]
1486663801724.png
377KB, 408x472px
>>36874973
>wide as fuck shoulders
>narrow hips
>thick wrists and hands
>implying this isn't chads frame
>>
>>36877260
>southern US
what state
>>
>>36874679
>Depressed guys are not attractive at all
This is how it should be. A girl would have to be pretty messed up to want to date someone like me, and I say that in a "matter of fact" sense, not a "woe is me" one.
>>
>>36876895
>implying I want conversation
You don't get it.
>>36876897
Depression combined with apathy means the subject can be easily manipulated. A warm body to cuddle or cook food for or fuck, with no troublesome esteemed personality getting in the way - heaven's gates.
>>
>>36874679
Men view women as inferior and so they love them like they love children.

Women view men as superior so they can never love them in the same way.
>>
do you think guys actually want a depressed girlfriend?
and not like the depressed girls who are just like "I'm so depressed and bipolar lol"

I mean like the kind who don't shower, don't leave their house, are morbidly obese and homely who widdle away their days on mindless time-killing entertainment as a distraction from their unhappiness
>>
File: killme.png (253KB, 349x519px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
253KB, 349x519px
this is what i want bros

kill me
>>
File: the bad feelings doctor.jpg (32KB, 439x437px) Image search: [Google]
the bad feelings doctor.jpg
32KB, 439x437px
>>36877506
Florida, you?

And this is totally an original comment
>>
>>36876499
So, will you be my e-gf?
>>
>>36877534
>Depression combined with apathy means the subject can be easily manipulated. A warm body to cuddle or cook food for or fuck, with no troublesome esteemed personality getting in the way - heaven's gates.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. If I ever saw a romanticized/fetishized version of depression, this has to be it. People with depression are a huge drain on your own psyche.
>>
>>36877559
>eating a burrito in the bedroom
>in the fucking bed no less
Degeneracy!

Does that filth even use coasters?
>>
>>36877883
This, although as a depressed person I too wish someone would cook for and cuddle me.
>>
>>36877538
Sounds like you've got it all figured out anon.

iveneveeseenanyonesaythis
>>
>>36877504
femanon here

Those shoulders aren't really that wide. A hundred years ago, a figure like that was pretty common on men. Now we're overpopulated with pear-shaped manblobs.
>>
>its a "im more depressed than you" episode
Fucking reruns
>>
>>36878025
>femanon
>that's not that unrealistic
>also 6 feet is really short lmao
kill yourself
>>
>>36877568
Georgia too far?
>>
>>36878025
will you be my gee eff though?
>>
>>36877652
Vowed to never even entertain the thought of another e-relationship. Hurts too much.
>>
>>36878095
Depends on where in GA.
>>
>>36878289
Metro Atlanta area
>>
>>36878316
The one year I decide not to go to Dragoncon, you GA anons start popping out of the woodworks.
>>
>>36874930
you're both 14 and uneducated. depression is literally not even real.
>>
>>36878349
Well I don't go to D*con anyway. Too drunk college party now.
>>
>>36874679
only in fiction and if you are a sensible, valuable man. losers need not apply to reality.
>>
File: wizaaaard_over_the_mountains.jpg (103KB, 640x491px) Image search: [Google]
wizaaaard_over_the_mountains.jpg
103KB, 640x491px
>>36874679
>why they even want a girlfriend?

Your question answers itself, OP.

Live for yourself first and foremost, trying to find a waifu to fix your shit is bound to failure. Akin to Cartago hiring mercenaries to protect its walls.
>>
>>36875284
>MY depression is better than YOUR depression because I said so! Anything that doesn't align with my self absorbed whining must be fake! I'm the only one who can whine about what a sad sack of shit I am!
>>
>>36877883
My only point is that if women were really capable of being depressed, they'd hate themselves enough to fuck men like me.
>>
>>36878264
A-alright s-sorry...

Do you have any tips on where to find girls willing to become my e-gf though?
>>
>>36877522
I agree, but men shouldn't find wounded bird sadgirls attractive either.
>>
File: 1438669698153.jpg (114KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1438669698153.jpg
114KB, 960x638px
Loving a girl who does not even try

Do you hate yourself so much /r9k/?
>>
>>36878731
But they're so easy to project ideals on to! Seriously though, I agree. Depressed people shouldn't be denied the opportunity to find love, but people need to be realistic about what they're getting into and what they're likely to get out of a relationship with a depressed person. This isn't the movies. You can't fix them overnight or even at all.
>>
File: dog and cat cuddles.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dog and cat cuddles.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>36878913
>You can't fix them overnight or even at all.

Speaking as a depressed person, I'm looking for someone to spend time with me, not someone to cure me.
>>
>>36879018
That's what most people don't understand. I was one of those people who thought they had to fix their depressed significant other. It stressed me out, and didn't help much of anything. I've learnt since then
>>
>>36879018
Yeah exactly. I think the mistake people make, especially naive robots, is believing not only that they can "save" someone, but that they should be rewarded for the effort. Personally I find it really degrading when it seems like someone is pitying me or "checking in" just because of my mental illness.
>>
>>36876955
she had anxiety problems and was kind of prickly to me all the time, but i'm not allowed to bring that up or i'm an asshole....i mean, everyone has problems. just some are allowed to have them and people take care of them, others just have to quietly deal with it.
>>
>>36874930
The temporarily ignored part is the absolute worst.

Ocasionally I'll have a short stent where I feel "happy" or as close to it as I can get, but it's so incredibly fragile. Even the tiniest thing sends me spiraling back down, and that little taste of how things could be makes it all that much worse.

Currently going through the spiral back down, all that happened was my friend didn't respond to messages for like 2 days even though I knew they were online. Just that tipped the scale and now I have that permanent knot in my stomach again that keeps everything I like from being enjoyable.

I just want to sit alone at home and sleep. I don't even have the energy to off myself and it would be rude to put my family through that.
>>
>>36874679
>depressed girls are admired
girls are twice as likely to be depressed, so that's not a surprise

>depressed guys are not attractive at all
unless they look nice or have a successful career.

you sound like you're 14, and your problem isn't depression but a lack of a lifestyle.
>>
>>36875058
You can cure depression by escaping from the bonds of society and living a primitive life or just committing suicide. Society irrationally dislikes the latter.
>>
Please.

Dudes only go afternoon chicks w mental illnesses because they think they're less likely to leave them or because they don't understand the reality of mental illness, and then they get shitty when their partner can't bring themselves to do x (hang out, go out, fuck) because they're having a bad day.
>>
>>36874679

>Depressed and sad girls are admired and chased by guys, who'll provide unending emotional support. Depressed girls are literally a common fetish of guys

Only the pretty ones. The ugly ones are just ignored by everyone. If you aren't Ciara then you might as well just off yourself right now. You seriously have no idea what it feels like to be one of us.

Not true either. Look at tumblr for fucks sake and how they worship fictional depressed, psychotic, characters played by hot actors and say stupid shit like "my depressed smol angel bby". But the ugly ones get ignored too.
>>
File: le uni humor.png (440KB, 700x517px) Image search: [Google]
le uni humor.png
440KB, 700x517px
>>36874679
>posting the edit

Women age like warm milk
>so do cucks who like college humor in >2017
>>
>>36879723
>guys don't pursue ugly girls we are lonely too boys
>>
>>36880021

They never do. You don't care about us. The only time we ever get asked out is on here and it's just because your trying to prove a point. Either that or you think I'm some hot attention whoring bitch. But I'm not. And I'll never be. And you will never understand that. And that's the worst part and that's why we have it a million times better then you edgy-Stacy loving fucks.
>>
>Wants a happy go-lucky gf who likes anime
>Only attracts girls who have mental issues
What did God mean by this
>>
>>36880078
Not that anon but I doubt you're all that ugly. My guess is that like a lot of mentally ill people (myself included), your depression affects you in regards to your appearance in two ways. First, it kills your motivation to maintain or improve habits related to how you look. Not necessarily basic hygiene, but the extra stuff like styling your hair, exercising, and taking care of your skin. Second, your depression affects how you perceive yourself. For example I've been told I'm not bad looking, but my initial reaction to any picture or video of me is disgust. I hate myself, thus I see myself as uglier than other people might. This could be the same case for you.
>>
>>36880078
i don't want to prove a point but i don't really like conventionally attractive women. just as long as one isn't obese i am pretty much good. you sound nice but paranoid people probably value you more than you think
>>
>>36875822
the co dependence is bad meme

cause relying on your life partner is bad goys
>>
>>36879723
this

i hate how people pretend like attractiveness isn't 90% of why we like people
>>
notice he says "person"

and not "bitch, ho, cunt, etc."

nigga is dating a trap.

whata fuggin FAG!
>>
>>36875145
kill yourself and remove yourself from the gene pool if life's so hard and you were fucked at birth, which you were not. you keep talking about muh depression and wonder why you're such a sad sop.
>>
File: 1484185882285.png (976KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484185882285.png
976KB, 1280x1024px
>>36875284
Responsible anon who understands depression BTFOS sad boi good work famalam.
>>
>>36874868
>Depression is something you have to get over yourself.
I've heard the opposite, that having someone to talk things through with can benefit anyone suffering from depression
>>
>>36874679
The second I ever showed any sadness or depression of any kind my gf dumped my ass. You aren't allowed to feel anything as a man.
>>
>>36874973

>being so out of shape that an illustration of a normal looking person with no discernible indication of fitness is offensive to you

lmao
>>
>>36874885
>fat
what
>>
>>36878379
Go fuck yourself
Oreganoi
>>
File: IMG_1098.jpg (194KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1098.jpg
194KB, 1000x749px
>>36874930
Depends on the type and severity.
But i know everyone on /r9k/ means hardcore, chemical depression.
>>
>>36875107
Are you retarded?
While most depression cases are- fuck it im not going to summarize fucking wikipedia for you.
If its not an illness WHY THE FUCK IS IT CLASSIFIED AS A MENTAL ILLNESS YOU MORON
FUCK
your points are mostly correct but not a completely accurate evaluation of the disease.
>>
>>36875598
>my depression sums up all depression
Depression is characterized by a lack of emotion as equally as overwhelming sadness, anxiety, etc.
for someone that's ostensibly been through the mental health system you have a poor understanding of the issue.
>>
>>36875677
>having friends
There are so many normies on this board acting like they belong. Get out.
>>
>>36874868
>get over depression
>BEE URSELF :)
autism confirmed

>Be diagnosed with clinical depression
>Combination of genetics and childhood abuse
>All of my mother's children have been diagnosed with clinical depression
Yeah, I'm sure I can just get over it thanks for the advice, the years of medication and therapy don't mean anything when I can just wish it away.
>>
>>36883412

it's funny how condescending people get when you make fun of their "mental illness," as if being right means they win, but in reality being right only means they're miserable. lol
>>
>>36877151

Had a buddy pawn a girl like that onto his cousin when she went to him.
I like to think that people can't look to another person as the solution to their problems but sometimes two hurt people can be what eachother need.
Take good care of her.
God knows the girl I know needs it, sounds like yours might as well.
>>
>>36879113

As a someone who carries their feels well, I do this to depressed people I know from time to time.
I'm very bad at maintaining communication with people (If they wanted to talk, they'd message me, right?) and because it's an illness I frequently treat it as such, and "checking in" seemed like a way to shove off the guilt of being distant when they said they were okay. Never put together what a distant thing it was to say to someone who, it most cases I find, just want someone around.

You've opened my eyes, anon.
I didn't realize it hurt anyone.
>>
>>36874973

It is if you're not American
>>
>>36874679
>does anyone else literally wonder why they even want a girlfriend? only in fiction do women ever emotionally support their bfs.
I don't. My dick wants. And my dick produces hormones that make me want women. It's fucking bad because I'm literally a slave to the vaginal jew. I'd go gay if it was possible. Not even kidding.
>>
EVERYONES PAINS IS THEIR OWN...

THE THREAD.
>>
>>36884356
Well it's not that it's always unappreciated, but personally it's easy spot when someone is clearly feigning interest. The best thing you can do is to be sincere when you talk to these people. In other words, contact them only when you actually want to talk. Being distant happens, but don't make some half-hearted attempt only because they told you they think about suicide and you want to feel like you tried. That's the impression I've gotten from a couple people in my life and it's not a good feel.
>>
I would like to date a depressed guy as someone who is depressed as well. I dont think someone who is neurotypical would be able to understand why I do the things I do and the way I think
>>
>>36876213
thats not true
rawr tier emo wiggers are getting infinite pussy now
>>
>>36877103
traps literally require robot cock they don't want you, you dumbfuc roastie
>>
File: lust corrected.jpg (190KB, 700x522px) Image search: [Google]
lust corrected.jpg
190KB, 700x522px
>>36874679
Fixed that a long time ago (for you)
>>
>>36874885
>guy is body builder Chad
>bodybuilder

What are you smoking, anon? Ever seen a real bodybuilder in your life?
>>
>Be married.
>Wife has had depression and still deals with anxiety.
>From day one I've held her up, been willing to go to the end of the Earth for her.
>I decked her father because he shouted at her when she was in a fragile state, I spent day and night by her bed when she was in hospital, I listen and help her whenever I can.
>I would do anything for her.
>But I've been battling depression for a long time.
>The one thing that held me together was that my wife was my best friend, that she would hold me up, like I would for her.
>One day she casually mentions her best friend, I ask her and she doesn't consider me her best friend.
>She says she never has, that our marriage is different from that.
>This throws me and my depression gets bad, suicidal bad - she's the only person I can trust to understand and hold me up.
>I start talking to her, all I want is help, she shuts the conversation down.
>The next day she asks me not to talk about it.
>Later find out that she tells her best friend EVERYTHING about our relationship, nothing I've said in trust has been kept secret.
>I'm mad about her, I can't live without her, but I can't tell her anything about my life.
>Nothing I say stays between us, nothing is sacred anymore.
>So I stop talking, I stop telling her how I feel and what I need.
>I internalise every emotion and feeling and it's fucking tearing me apart.
>In bouts of depression I've slowly stockpiled the components of an exit bag.
>It's a weird thing, one moment I'm distraught beyond comprehension and the world feels like it's tearing away at my skin, but everything becomes clearer when I start looking at the way out.
>Bit by bit, I bought it - the first time I had the components in my Amazon cart I had a sudden crash to reality and closed the window.
>The sad thing is Amazon saves your cart.
>I've stashed the exit bag contents across two different family properties - to keep myself from using it.
>But it makes me feel better knowing it's there.
>>
is this really what white people do? eat on their beds?
>>
>waaah why does nobody care about muh depression.

Because you're a man. You're literally in the top 50% of our species. You can be strong, capable, smart, whatever the fuck you want, our potential is fucking limitless.

And how do you spend this potential? Crying on an image board about how women who are programmed to want stability and strength in a partner, don't want your crybaby ass.
>b-b-b-b-but muh depression!
Then roll over and die, you useless cunt.
>>
>>36874679
>that picture
>fucking crumbs in the god damned motherfucking bed
You're dead to me. Get out.
>>
>>36878025
Go suck some 100 year old cock then. Begone, roast.
>>
>>36874973
You must be obese as fuck!
>>
>>36874973
in the thumbnail it looks like he's poking his boner into the girl's butt. very cheeky
>>
>>36878025

It's because of single mothers fucking up and not teaching their sons how to be men.
>>
>>36874973
Nigga if that's Chad I'm motherfucking Zyzz
>>
>>36874679
>men don't need emotional support
>men will only use women for sex and move on
>you're effeminate and needy, therefore unattractive to women
Them gays + your mom done meme'd you into a faggot, have fun trying to attract females while giving off gay vibes left and right
>>
>>36880145
Risa!!!! I had such a crush on her in high school
>>
I miss knowing depressed girls.
>>
File: Boulanger_harem-du-palais.jpg (1MB, 3162x2347px) Image search: [Google]
Boulanger_harem-du-palais.jpg
1MB, 3162x2347px
>>36874679
Hypergamy is real (I have both anecdotal evidence and half-assed theories if anyone wants to hear it)

We're going back to the harem days of the Ottoman Empire
>>
>>36888766
Let's hear some theories. And the anecdotes too if that's okay.
>>
>>36888766
Beta uprising when?
It's about time. Fuck being original.
>>
File: bfF7Ct0.png (323KB, 753x755px) Image search: [Google]
bfF7Ct0.png
323KB, 753x755px
>>36885663
>>Bit by bit, I bought it - the first time I had the components in my Amazon cart I had a sudden crash to reality and closed the window.
>>The sad thing is Amazon saves your cart.
>>I've stashed the exit bag contents across two different family properties - to keep myself from using it.
>>But it makes me feel better knowing it's there.

this hit me pretty hard, probably because i, too, was coming up with certain barriers preventing me to kill myself.

godspeed anon, i wish you the best.
>>
>>36874679
I am not very experienced with depression, but lately my chronic pain got worse and I got a diagnosis from my doc that shattered me inside.
Since then I stopped eating and I can't sleep anymore, also my crying fits grew worse, before I had them twice a week for twenty minutes or so because the despair and pain, but the despair grew so hard that I can't hide or control them anymore, yesterday was my first day at sick leave and I had to tell my coworkers I had an allergy that made my eyes watery all day, I also had to hide on toilet to cry for a whole hour and needed to talk myself out of that by claiming to have bad diarrhea...

Some people on this board say that you need a chemical imballance in your brain to be depressed, so I am a normal dude having it rough and thus not allowed to call myself depressed.

Others say that depression always needs external factors and people who claim to have depression yet having a great life are memeing.

So what is true? Am I having depressions or am I just a crybaby? How to seek help?
>>
do you get forced injections in psychiatric wards?
>>
>>36889253
Yes, in the peehole as well.
>>
>>36883464
You're absolutely right. It is a mental illness and it fucking is miserable. What makes me angry is dimwits like >>36874868 seem to believe you can just make it go away with the slightest effort.
I don't care about "winning," I'm just mad at cunts mischaracterizing a disease as some kind of mild inconvenience.
>>
Reminder that depression is in many cases only the result of repressed anger.
>>
>>36888808
Anecdotal evidence first (tldr at the end):

I was into both nerd shit (Dungeons & Dragons, anime, vidya, etc.) and drugs in middle/high school and had two corresponding circles of friends that carried over beyond university. In my long term D&D group of 5-7 people, only one had active gf, I had had a gf in the past, and two or three were literal fedora wearers (probable permavirgins). They were really good guys, nice and friendly, but one was obese and the other had a speech impediment and wore trench coats in addition to fedora - probably unfuckable forever. Between the 7 of us, all age 20-25, I think there were 3 gf's or girls fucked in total.

Now, one of my druggie Chad friends (middle school best friend), who almost failed high school and didn't go to university. Tattoos, piercings, etc. He started playing in a horror punk band. He asked me to host his band (we moved to different cities after high school and I had my own apartment where I was living single for uni) once because they were touring and playing a show in my city. So his entire band crashed at my place for a few days. We got drunk after the show and the frontman started bragging about how many girls he fucked, he said 60. Everyone else stated their count, laughed at me when I said 1. My former best friend later told me privately he lied, it was more like 20. I personally know my Chad friend fucked at least 10-20 girls, not even a dispute (I talked to some of them and my first and only gf was one of his exes). Another guy (the drummer) said 50 and my friend said that sounded realistic...he was 29 though, the rest of us were 22-25. Drummer implied he had herpes, I'm pretty sure all of them had STDs.

TL;DR
>age range 20-30
>7 man DND group has ~3 girls between them
>4 man horror punk band allegedly has 100+ girls between them (min. 10 confirmed)

Believe it or not, this actually happened.
>>
>>36878264
kek, was about to post this too
>>
>>36889531
>Believe it or not, this actually happened.
It's a common sense that musicians have more pussy than D&D'ers.
>>
>>36889531
>1st gen pokemon on the PS1
Yeah I don't fucking think so.
>>
>>36888924
Here's a hint, get your dad into homebrew beer/cider, give him the nitrogen tank - it means you have to steal from your dad if you want to do it - it has stopped me before.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.